PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups

tmtcsc
12-10-2011, 03:22 PM
I know he's 35 but I'd throw some $$ at him to come here. He's still a hell of a player and can hit the 3.

Obviously, the first choice is to bring in another BIG.

justinandimcool
12-10-2011, 03:22 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Billups wants freedom to choose team. Warns those who'd claim him: You'll regret it. "I'm tired of being the glue guy." Story soon on Y!
1 minute ago

Anonymous Cowherd
12-10-2011, 03:24 PM
If he goes to an over-the-cap team, it'll be Miami.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Any way we can sign him up then trade TJ Ford/Blair/Dice for Nene?

tmtcsc
12-10-2011, 03:30 PM
If he goes to an over-the-cap team, it'll be Miami.

I'm still thinking we may be able to amnesty RJ and sign KMart and Billups.

Is that a pipe dream ?

Fireball
12-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Spurs have TP, Manu and new backup PG TJ Ford ... for what do we need Billups? I mean I like his game, but the Spurs really have other problems right now ...

Mr. Body
12-10-2011, 03:34 PM
He'll definitely go to one of the other budding superteams, probably Miami.

bigdog
12-10-2011, 03:35 PM
He's going to want more money than we can offer, I bet. He's 35. We have 28 yr old TJ Ford now as the backup. While he's not absolutely amazing, he'll be a solid backup. No need for Billups.

Muser
12-10-2011, 03:38 PM
That's all we need, more guards!

Mr. Body
12-10-2011, 03:39 PM
He was and still is one of the clutchest motherfuckers in the league.

tim210g
12-10-2011, 04:12 PM
He's going to want more money than we can offer, I bet. He's 35. We have 28 yr old TJ Ford now as the backup. While he's not absolutely amazing, he'll be a solid backup. No need for Billups.

He's already made it clear he doesn't care about money he just wants to contend for a championship..

DesignatedT
12-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Lol

Mr. Body
12-10-2011, 04:15 PM
He's already made it clear he doesn't care about money he just wants to contend for a championship..

Then why would he come here?

8FOR!3
12-10-2011, 04:26 PM
We just signed TJ Ford, no need for Billups.

montgod
12-10-2011, 04:34 PM
He'll definitely go to one of the other budding superteams, probably Miami.

This!

slick'81
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
yup bilups allready stated he wants to be a heat

DMC
12-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Billups is going to coattail Lebron and Wade to the Finals. It's a common path for players his age who've been in relative obscurity since his Finals MVP.

Mr. Body
12-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Billups is going to coattail Lebron and Wade to the Finals. It's a common path for players his age who've been in relative obscurity since his Finals MVP.

Well, sort of in this case. When Lebron withers in the 4th, I expect Billups to hit some key 3-pointers. If he signs there I don't expect anyone else to have a chance at a ring this year.

DMC
12-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Well, sort of in this case. When Lebron withers in the 4th, I expect Billups to hit some key 3-pointers. If he signs there I don't expect anyone else to have a chance at a ring this year.

The worst thing Chauncey can do is fall back on his outside shooting. He got too much going on around the rim to ever have to fire up long range shots.

If they resort to his 3pt shooting, they are done.

tmtcsc
12-10-2011, 11:18 PM
yup bilups allready stated he wants to be a heat

When and where did he say that ? The only thing I've heard is that he said "Buyer Beware" and that he could easily just sit out the entire year or longer.

If anyone thinks that TJ Ford is an upgrade over Billups, you're not thinking straight. He's dependable, can hit the 3 and can run an offense. Not sure about his defense anymore.

Mr. Body
12-10-2011, 11:21 PM
The worst thing Chauncey can do is fall back on his outside shooting. He got too much going on around the rim to ever have to fire up long range shots.

I'm guessing you've never seen Chauncey Billups play.

Dex
12-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Billups wants freedom to choose team. Warns those who'd claim him: You'll regret it

Sounds like a real professional. :rolleyes

I used to really respect Billups, but that's quickly starting to change.

I'm sure he really cares tho.

8FOR!3
12-10-2011, 11:55 PM
When and where did he say that ? The only thing I've heard is that he said "Buyer Beware" and that he could easily just sit out the entire year or longer.

If anyone thinks that TJ Ford is an upgrade over Billups, you're not thinking straight. He's dependable, can hit the 3 and can run an offense. Not sure about his defense anymore.

Never said he was an upgrade over Chauncey, I'm just saying we've already signed and pretty much committed to TJ Ford as a backup. He wouldn't have signed with us if we planned on using him as a Chris Quinn.

Russo21
12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Can't believe Chauncey was waived, he's clutch with experience, knows how to run a team and play defense and can shoot.

How bout we sign Billups and have a PG tandem of Billups with TJ backing him up.

Then trade Parker for a freakin centre finally? Man we need a big.

Obstructed_View
12-11-2011, 02:02 AM
Once again, the Spurs don't have even close to the money needed to sign him, and once again, Spurs fans are going to melt down thinking it's some sign of the apocalypse that a player out of the Spurs' price range signs with someone other than the Spurs.

DMC
12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm guessing you've never seen Chauncey Billups play.
I've watched him since he entered the league.

You don't get Lebron, Wade and Bosh on your team so your PG can shoot 3s.

Chauncey in Miami would be to deliver the ball to one of the big 3, and to shoot if the situation called for it. No different than Mike Bibby.

mavsfan1000
12-11-2011, 03:27 AM

They won't resort to it. They need spacing to allow for more things to happen around the rim. Spacing is very key to the Heat. Billups has to be a threat to open things up.

Mr. Body
12-11-2011, 03:28 AM
I've watched him since he entered the league.

You don't get Lebron, Wade and Bosh on your team so your PG can shoot 3s.

Chauncey in Miami would be to deliver the ball to one of the big 3, and to shoot if the situation called for it. No different than Mike Bibby.

Now I'm convinced you've never watched basketball.

tmtcsc
12-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Once again, the Spurs don't have even close to the money needed to sign him, and once again, Spurs fans are going to melt down thinking it's some sign of the apocalypse that a player out of the Spurs' price range signs with someone other than the Spurs.

If Chauncey clears waivers and his threats work, he can sign with Spurs for whatever can be afforded. He's going to get paid by Knicks.

Muser
12-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Now I'm convinced you've never watched basketball.

This is the same guy who said Dwight Howard is Ben Wallace with hops, so yeah I doubt he has.

SenorSpur
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Any team or fan that even thinks about acquiring Chauncey Billups had better read this warning that he just issued:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aos.fHnne7rjO6ncWPWVGFW8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_billups_amnesty_waiver_121011

ChuckD
12-11-2011, 11:01 AM
If Chauncey clears waivers and his threats work, he can sign with Spurs for whatever can be afforded. He's going to get paid by Knicks.

He's going to South Beach. That's what the threats are all about. I'd laugh if someone claimed him JUST to keep him out of Miami. Maybe Synder? :lol

Obstructed_View
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM

Yes, if nobody claims him then the Spurs have a chance greater than zero of picking him up.

Mel_13
12-11-2011, 12:25 PM
a chance greater than zero.

Could be the motto for this offseason

Obstructed_View
12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Could be the motto for this offseason

Should be for the people that want the Spurs to spend their money on a fucking point guard who's basically threatened to destroy any team that claims him.

Mel_13
12-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Should be for the people that want the Spurs to spend their money on a fucking point guard who's basically threatened to destroy any team that claims him.

Go easy on them OV, they're just easily fascinated with every new shiny object that comes into view.

SenorSpur
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Who would've ever thought that Chauncey Billups would suddenly morph into something of a Stephon Marbury / Allen Iverson-type team cancer this late in his career.

ChuckD
12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Who would've ever thought that Chauncey Billups would suddenly morph into something of a Stephon Marbury / Allen Iverson-type team cancer this late in his career.

Especially since he was handed 14M on a platter by the Knicks, and will get that no matter what. What a douche. If I'm Dan Synder, I'd claim him just to keep him out of Miami, and de-activate him and tell him he'll get his paychecks and to stay the hell away from the team.

tmtcsc
12-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Go easy on them OV, they're just easily fascinated with every new shiny object that comes into view.

Are you people nuts ? What would you say if Nash got amnestied ? Don't go and get him on the cheap ? How does having Chauncey on your team not give you a better chance at winning ? Tony's a fucking choke artist and can't hit the 3 for shit.

We're good because TJ Ford is our backup ? Are you serious ? What happens is this - you fucking cut Ford in camp or move him in a trade to make room for Billups.

IF Billups clears waivers, then there is no attitude problem with the team HE CHOOSES to sign with.

The problem with Chauncey is that he can start for teams and will probably want to start. If we were able to get Billups, I'd be fine with trading Parker. Parker might produce more offensively and is younger, but he can be replaced. He's not untouchable.

Obstructed_View
12-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Are you people nuts ? What would you say if Nash got amnestied ? Don't go and get him on the cheap ? How does having Chauncey on your team not give you a better chance at winning ? Tony's a fucking choke artist and can't hit the 3 for shit.

We're good because TJ Ford is our backup ? Are you serious ? What happens is this - you fucking cut Ford in camp or move him in a trade to make room for Billups.

IF Billups clears waivers, then there is no attitude problem with the team HE CHOOSES to sign with.

The problem with Chauncey is that he can start for teams and will probably want to start. If we were able to get Billups, I'd be fine with trading Parker. Parker might produce more offensively and is younger, but he can be replaced. He's not untouchable.

So much idiocy in such a little post.

tmtcsc
12-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Hey nut licker, If you took your lips off Tony's pipe you'd see that what I wrote makes sense. You can't build around Tony and Billups is a player.

Such lack of life in all your posts. :lol

Anonymous Cowherd
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
a player who is either going to a team under the cap (not us), or going to Miami (not us).

There endeth his relevance.

sanman53
12-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Clippers got him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhARuOArhfZra.r8D3wjmEK8vLYF?slug=ap-clippers-paul

ChuckD
12-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Clippers got him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AhARuOArhfZra.r8D3wjmEK8vLYF?slug=ap-clippers-paul

:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol:rollin

slick'81
12-12-2011, 10:50 PM
yup clippers claimed that mofo so thank god we dont have to hear how sa needs this cancer