PDA

View Full Version : why arent the spurs signing any free agents

tim210g
12-10-2011, 07:30 PM
paticulaly at the 5... also at sf doesnt look like they are going to find a good replacment for jefferson ..are we keepin richard?

tim210g
12-10-2011, 07:34 PM
nene isnt coming here .. he wants to get paid

TXstbobcat
12-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Isn't Kaman still a longshot for a trade posibility for the spurs?

ChuckD
12-10-2011, 07:35 PM
They've apparently made full MLE offers (not full years though) to two SFs, Butler and Hill, and some sort of offer to JHo. They can't hold a gun to their heads and make them sign, though.

ElNono
12-10-2011, 07:36 PM
They're just making you mad...

slick'81
12-10-2011, 07:39 PM
because fa's dont want to come

ChuckD
12-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Isn't Kaman still a longshot for a trade posibility for the spurs?

I think we had a shot before they signed Butler. Our only movable large contract (RJ) is redundant to him. There would have to be a third team involved, and they would have to resolve the DeAndre Jordan situation. If they lose him, Kaman is off the market. He is restricdted, but if the offer is high enough, they may not want to match.

Hooks
12-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Rj is staying and starting, they might sign some scrub if Dice retires.

Hopefully they'll make a big splash in free agency next year since tim's contact is up, next years FA class is pretty stacked.

Obstructed_View
12-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Do some abracadabra shit, holt. Fuck....

slick'81
12-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Spurs ending chase for Kaman looks like, Przybilla and Haddadi, Ajinca are tragets in that order. If Spurs cant get Howard they will keep RJ.

rotflmao

WeNeedLength
12-10-2011, 08:06 PM
Spurs ending chase for Kaman looks like, Przybilla and Haddadi, Ajinca are tragets in that order. If Spurs cant get Howard they will keep RJ.

Wow, this is the best we can do? :bang

jermaine
12-10-2011, 08:07 PM
I really like the Spurs man. But if we don't sign someone,I'm done with them this yr. I'm not getting league pass to watch the same ole BS from last yr.

GB20
12-10-2011, 08:39 PM

Hopefully they'll make a big splash in free agency next year since tim's contact is up, next years FA class is pretty stacked.

that's what i think.

ChuckD
12-10-2011, 08:56 PM

that's what i think.

If we couldn't get a big FA with Tim in his prime, why would any come now?

ChumpDumper
12-10-2011, 09:11 PM
We go through this every year. If RC does not get Nene or Kaman, he needs to be fired. With what?

GB20
12-10-2011, 09:12 PM
If we couldn't get a big FA with Tim in his prime, why would any come now?

when tim duncan was in his prime, the spurs did not want to spend money. all those years they staid under the cap.

ChuckD
12-10-2011, 09:16 PM
when tim duncan was in his prime, the spurs did not want to spend money. all those years they staid under the cap.

They had MAX FA money in 2003, coming off a championship. No one wanted to come. They wanted Kidd or J O'Neal or CWebb, and none of them signed, in spite of the fact that we had the money and wanted to spend it, and just had a river parade, and were a better team than they were on.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2011, 09:17 PM
when tim duncan was in his prime, the spurs did not want to spend money. all those years they staid under the cap.The Spurs were never under the cap during a season.

ChumpDumper
12-10-2011, 09:20 PM
And to the OP, it's customary to check at least the front page and see if a thread similar to the one you want to start already exists -- particularly if you started the existing thread.

GB20
12-10-2011, 09:21 PM
I think the spurs are playing smart right now. they don't want to throw money and draft picks for one year rental players.

baseline bum
12-10-2011, 09:59 PM

It really isn't.

1. Dwight Howard -- No chance; LA or Brooklyn it is.
2. Chris Paul -- No way he leaves LA.
3. Deron Williams -- Brookyln most likely, with Dallas being a dark house.

After that WGAF?

4. Ramon Sessions
5. Gerald Wallace
6. Chris Kaman
7. Lamar Odom
8. Ray Allen
9. Steve Nash
10. Goran Dragic
11. Andre Miller
12. Mehmet Okur

8FOR!3
12-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Honestly, it may help us in the long run. Teams are throwing out BIG money to scrubs right now.

Sean Cagney
12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
because fa's dont want to come

Basically.

Russo21
12-11-2011, 12:22 AM
I don't fucken know. I'm sick of this shit. Just waiting for something to happen :( Fuck we are shit.

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
I don't fucken know. I'm sick of this shit. Just waiting for something to happen :( Fuck we are shit.

This is our reality now, 08 was the last year they competed seriously! Manu got hurt in those playoffs and the rest of the older guys were gone after that year! Enter the new shitty team we know as of now (Tim got older too along with Manu). This is us.

TXstbobcat
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
They had MAX FA money in 2003, coming off a championship. No one wanted to come. They wanted Kidd or J O'Neal or CWebb, and none of them signed, in spite of the fact that we had the money and wanted to spend it, and just had a river parade, and were a better team than they were on.

I remember that as the offseason that we signed rasho to big dollars because nobody wanted to sign with the spurs.

ElNono
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Well, $20 million should come off the books next season, so that should give us some room to work with. Not sure what FAs will be available though.

slick'81
12-11-2011, 12:45 AM
This is our reality now, 08 was the last year they competed seriously! Manu got hurt in those playoffs and the rest of the older guys were gone after that year! Enter the new shitty team we know as of now (Tim got older too along with Manu). This is us.

yup 08 was our last legitimate shot also letting scola go for nothing

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:48 AM
yup 08 was our last legitimate shot also letting scola go for nothing

That was the nail basically.... :( And yes, TJ FORD is a downgrade from that guy HILL in your sig pic. We got worse there too.

underdawg
12-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Well, $20 million should come off the books next season, so that should give us some room to work with. Not sure what FAs will be available though.

guess that gives the Spurs a shot of finally landing Kidd and O'Neal

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:50 AM

I am a huge SPURS fan and this had me dying, thanks for some comedy :rollin:rollin

ElNono
12-11-2011, 12:50 AM

Maybe we can land Scalabrine to pair with Matty... :vomit:

underdawg
12-11-2011, 12:58 AM
Maybe we can land Scalabrine to pair with Matty... :vomit:

why stop there - get Harangody too. Put all 3 out on the court at the same time - offenses will be completely be disrupted by the lack of movement.

Russo21
12-11-2011, 01:12 AM
why stop there - get Harangody too. Put all 3 out on the court at the same time - offenses will be completely be disrupted by the lack of movement.

LMFAO!!! Classic Spurstalk moment. Thanks for the comedy dude that goes down in spurstalk hall of fame lol :lmao

Russo21
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Seriously though. What the fuck? Why havent we signed or traded anybody? What are the Front Office doing? The great Tim Duncan deserves better then this to finish his legendary career.

underdawg
12-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Seriously though. What the fuck? Why havent we signed or traded anybody? What are the Front Office doing? The great Tim Duncan deserves better then this to finish his legendary career.

The FO is trying not to show their hand until after the Paul and Howard trades settle. Maybe they're hoping that Luke Walton somehow shakes free after all the dust settles?

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:40 AM
FA pool looks weak next year, but there are some decent players. But cap space allows you to do good trades as well.

Russo21
12-11-2011, 01:45 AM
The FO is trying not to show their hand until after the Paul and Howard trades settle.

You may be right, hopefully :toast

Drewlius
12-11-2011, 01:49 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/34dqx49.jpg

ElNono
12-11-2011, 01:58 AM
http://i40.tinypic.com/34dqx49.jpg

-10 wins :lol

Killakobe81
12-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Why not? ^ Oh wait Rondo and spare parts is better plus 4 more years of Parker at that price? ummmm no.

MR.SILVER&BLack
12-11-2011, 02:14 AM
Didnt Kidd want to come to the Spurs but resigned with the Nets because of his bitch wife he ended up divorcing?

The Truth #6
12-11-2011, 04:59 AM
Yeah, and we traded our first round draft pick to have more cash to sign Kidd and missed out on drafting Josh Howard...which makes perfect lame karma that we could get him now after he's all broke down and fairly useless.

venitian navigator
12-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Fact is that and old Horry and an older Dice have been our only real "good also if not big" FA acquisitions.
The 2003 market speak for himself...and about how little pride can have had at the time the typical nba player (Kidd, O'Neal and others preferred more money to a real chance at the title and possibly starting of a dinasty).
That's one of the reason I've been a spurs fan : they have reached the main goals thanks to good (also fortunate) draft choices and good management ...till becoming a little arrogant and careless : that's the reason, imho, of the Nocioni and Scola fiasco (with the two argentinians in our team, we could have made a lot better results in last three season).
As of now, amnesty RJ does not make any more sense...he's better than any other SF actually on the market (apart Kirilenko, who's probably never gonna sign with us, and "China" Chandler).
We still need a big PF (starting or third big material), and probably some one will be available with our exception...if the FO is still willing to offer it (T. Murphy, K. Brown and E.Clarck could be candidates...like "China" Martin when his contract overseas is ended).
Let's stay humble, look at the chances and ready to take them...

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Didnt Kidd want to come to the Spurs but resigned with the Nets because of his bitch wife he ended up divorcing?

That's her. The one he beat the holy shit out of.

But that was before you started signing rapists, swapping wifes, totin' up "pain" & driving around shit faced.

At that moment in time you wouldn't a touched Kidd with a 10 foot pole.

Anonymous Cowherd
12-11-2011, 10:14 AM
At no point have the Spurs signed Kobe Bryant.

George Gervin's Afro
12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
The spurs have never been big players in FA and nothing will change. We r going to have to build through the draft so prepare for many lean years.

Mr Bones
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
People still talk about Scola, but I think the biggest mistake the FO of the Spurs made was letting Stephen Jackson walk. If I remember correctly, they offered him 3 mil a year for 3 years and wouldn't budge when he refused. That's a pretty lowball offer for a versatile 6'8" swing player that plays good defense. I definitely think the Spurs win at least one extra title with SJ. No way the Spurs lose to Dallas in '06 if he's on the team. That's one year removed from his defense and intimidation of Dirk in the '07 first round.

Spursfan092120
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
They've apparently made full MLE offers (not full years though) to two SFs, Butler and Hill, and some sort of offer to JHo. They can't hold a gun to their heads and make them sign, though.

As of last night there has been no offer to JHo...unless they've offered something today, the only official offer was from Utah.

Mel_13
12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
If I remember correctly, they offered him 3 mil a year for 3 years and wouldn't budge when he refused.

You remember incorrectly. That was the initial team offer, his agent didn't make a counteroffer and refused all contact with the Spurs

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 01:04 PM
^:lmao

swaggerjackson
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Dumb question: I'm not anticipating this happening or even use landing Nene but is it legal to offer a contract structured in such a way where we pay a player what we can this offseason and then increase it dramatically over the next couple years? For instance sign say Nene to a contract that pays him 3 million this season then jumps up to 10 million next year when Tim is off the books and hopefully Jefferson too. Is that legal?

Basketball Power
12-11-2011, 03:05 PM
people talking about waiting for next year, Duncan will be GONE next year, if he does stay he'll be a joke by then.

Anonymous Cowherd
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Dumb question: I'm not anticipating this happening or even use landing Nene but is it legal to offer a contract structured in such a way where we pay a player what we can this offseason and then increase it dramatically over the next couple years? For instance sign say Nene to a contract that pays him 3 million this season then jumps up to 10 million next year when Tim is off the books and hopefully Jefferson too. Is that legal?

nope. I think the maximum variation between years is 10.5%

Padron
12-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Who the hell were gonna sign, this is pissing me off

Buddy Holly
12-19-2011, 10:05 PM
I really like the Spurs man. But if we don't sign someone,I'm done with them this yr. I'm not getting league pass to watch the same ole BS from last yr.

See ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.