PDA

View Full Version : Odom to Dallas

DJ Mbenga
12-10-2011, 11:55 PM
per espn

Giuseppe
12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
I figured they'd pull out, make amends with Odom and run Gasol off.

I was wrong.

Jelloisjigglin
12-10-2011, 11:57 PM
:lol We are so fucked.

DMC
12-10-2011, 11:58 PM
I was wrong.
Shocking :lol

TimmehC
I fear this is a Dwight trade setup.

Giuseppe
Shocking :lol

:rolleyes

Baron Davιs
12-10-2011, 11:59 PM
ROFLCOPTER.

From bad to WORSE.

lefty
12-11-2011, 12:01 AM
http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq37/tjberrick/roflcopter.gif

timvp
12-11-2011, 12:06 AM
F'ing Cuban is becoming as crafty as he is rich and annoying.

Dirk and Odom on the same team? Mavs vs. Spurs is going to be like Kobe vs. a drunk white women festival.

sribb43
12-11-2011, 12:09 AM
Good move for Mavs. D12 has to be LA bound

skut_farkus
12-11-2011, 12:10 AM
lakersground down once again:lmao

LkrFan
12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
Does this mean we will see a D12/Pau frontcourt? :wow

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:11 AM
F'ing Cuban is becoming as crafty as he is rich and annoying.

Dirk and Odom on the same team? Mavs vs. Spurs is going to be like Kobe vs. a drunk white women festival.

Yep losing Chandler was very bad, but this is a blow to the Spurs. They didn't sign anyone once again this offseason, going into next year with the old team that got outted in the first round with a new rookie and a new backup PG who is not an upgrade over George Hill.

Good move for Dallas, knew they would get something.
Does this mean we will see a D12/Pau frontcourt? :wowHow the hell would they keep Pau and get Howard? Think for a second man. LOL.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:12 AM

I can't believe they're not going to run Gasol off.

TimmehC
12-11-2011, 12:13 AM

Fucking disgusting. No point in anyone else even trying.

DarkGinobili
:bang Damn it.

LkrFan
I could see LO and Dirk taking turns dominating the TOSB! :lol

:downspin:

:flag:

Ace
12-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Laker fans should be happy, they didn't give Odom away to Dallas just for the hell of it. Must mean something bigger is in store...

Josepatches_
12-11-2011, 12:14 AM

Pau+Bynum for Howard said ESPN

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:15 AM

:flag:Neither play the post you idiot

:lmao:lmao, they will be on someone else and vice versa. Why would Duncan guard a jump shooter?

LOL he fits his avi, why would they keep Pau and get Howard? What would they give up just BYNUM? LOL Lakers fans.

stretch
I think this is a great pickup for the Mavs. Gives them depth and versatility on the wings, and most importantly a legit backup PF for Dirk. Also should help the defense a lot.

If the Mavs can sign Dalembert and convince Stevenson to re-sign, I like their chances at getting back to the Finals.

Kidd
Stevenson
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

Beaubois
Terry
Carter
Odom
Haywood

Pretty stout team, IMO.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for D12 though...

Giuseppe

:flag:

tee, hee.

LkrFan
Dirk and LO. Both can shoot the 3. Both is crafty off the dribble. LO is a good defender too. They both will take turns reaming the TOSB! :downspin:

badfish22
So now Lakers are basically a lock for Dwight? Are did they just decide they HAD to get rid of Odom?

Mavs looking at:

Kidd/Roddy
Carter/Jet/Rudy
Odom/Marion
Dirk/Odom/Marion
Dalembert/Haywood

What say you Ghaz!?

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:16 AM
I think this is a great pickup for the Mavs. Gives them depth and versatility on the wings, and most importantly a legit backup PF for Dirk. Also should help the defense a lot.

If the Mavs can sign Dalembert and convince Stevenson to re-sign, I like their chances at getting back to the Finals.

Kidd
Stevenson
Marion
Dirk
Dalembert

Beaubois
Terry
Carter
Odom
Haywood

Pretty stout team, IMO.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for D12 though...

At least the Khloe jokes will cease.

tee, hee.

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Dirk and LO. Both can shoot the 3. Both is crafty off the dribble. LO is a good defender too. They both will take turns reaming the TOSB! :downspin:

They swept your team last year bro, guess you forgot that? TOSB Kobe got swept and sh*tted on by Terry in a game.

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Odom is a good pickup but a really awkward fit beside Dirk. Is Dirk now the center?

LkrFan
12-11-2011, 12:19 AM

Doubtful. The TE they got from Dallas + Sasha's TE = enough to take Hedo off their hands.

Frontcourt trio: D12/Pau/Hedo.

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:19 AM
So now Lakers are basically a lock for Dwight? Are did they just decide they HAD to get rid of Odom?

Mavs looking at:

Kidd/Roddy
Carter/Jet/Rudy
Odom/Marion
Dirk/Odom/Marion
Dalembert/Haywood

What say you Ghaz!?

You got Dalembert and Carter already?

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Odom is a good pickup but a really awkward fit beside Dirk. Is Dirk now the center?

Odom's natural position is the 3, and would likely only play at the 4 when backing up Dirk.

Not akward at all.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Needless to say after The Prediction I have taken a shine to Hedo.

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:21 AM

True, it's not an upgrade over Chandler at all if that is the trade off. He is a long three basically who can play the 4, but not a post player nor defender of the post. It is an odd fit but still they got him for basically nothing.

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 12:21 AM
I think he is a PF and plays better there, but I don't see how Dalembert to DAL works w/ no trade exception now.

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:22 AM
You got Dalembert and Carter already?

Sounds like Carter is almost certainly going to happen any day now.

Dalembert named Dallas as his #1 destination, and Sacramento renounced their rights to him, so if he wanted, he could just outright sign with Dallas. So if they want him, they can have him no problem at all.

DMC
Needless to say after The Prediction I have taken a shine to Hedo.
The Prediction!!!

stretch
I think he is a PF and plays better there, but I don't see how Dalembert to DAL works w/ no trade exception now.

I don't think he has to be traded.

I believe Sacramento gave up their rights to him.

slick'81
12-11-2011, 12:23 AM
yeah dallas still has haywood down low and will bring in another big. dirk stays at pf and odom off the bench easy really

Sean Cagney
12-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Sounds like Carter is almost certainly going to happen any day now.

Dalembert named Dallas as his #1 destination, and Sacramento renounced their rights to him, so if he wanted, he could just outright sign with Dallas. So if they want him, they can have him no problem at all.

I would not want Carter at all man, a chucker who is well past his time! Why would you want Carter starting ahead of Jet? I would aim for Dalembert and forget Vince on the team. Dalembert would be good for you.
yeah dallas still has haywood down low and will bring in another big. dirk stays at pf and odom off the bench easy really

This makes sense. They are still a very deep team who will contend. If LA gets Howard that would be a great playoff series to watch. I got Miami taking this title this year though, no matter who gets who. Is Billups still wanting to head to Miami? I know they got Shane, but if they get Chauncey :wow

LkrFan
12-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Really good pick up for Dallas - not gonna lie.

Good luck LO (except when you play LA).:tu

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Aren't we gonna talk about how Odom is going to be suicidal and his wife is going to be chubby and stuff like that?

DMC
12-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Aren't we gonna talk about how Odom is going to be suicidal and his wife is going to be chubby and stuff like that?
Odom with Dirk...

You got your season cut out for you.

DJ Mbenga
12-11-2011, 12:27 AM
lakers gonna try their hardest to get him without trading pau. we shall see

rayjayjohnson
12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
lol odum gonna cry again

DPG21920
I don't think he has to be traded.

I believe Sacramento gave up their rights to him.

Ya, I get that, but I just don't see him taking a 1 year deal, but if Cubes can pull that off, hat's off to him for a stellar off season.

But if it's just Odom, losing a starter/perfect fit in Tyson for what you say to be a back up PF to a guy that plays 38mins doesn't make a ton of sense (again, because Odom isn't a natural SF IMO and didn't play there all that much with LA IIRC)

DMC
Odom and Terry off the bench, or is JT still coming off the bench? If so, that 2nd unit could make the playoffs on their own.

IronMexican
Any chance they can get Howard without trading Bynum?

DMC
12-11-2011, 12:30 AM
lol odum gonna cry again
His Twitter gonna get hacked again tonight.

Giuseppe
Odom with Dirk...

You got your season cut out for you.

No. Seriously, aren't we going to make fun of Odom crying on the radio and running around Staples crying? And make fun of his wife the cow?

I know I am.:ihit

mavs>spurs

why would you want both? neither can play the 4, and both are roughly the same age, except dwight is a superstar. you'd keep pau to play next to dwight before you kept bynum.

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:31 AM
I would not want Carter at all man, a chucker who is well past his time! Why would you want Carter starting ahead of Jet? I would aim for Dalembert and forget Vince on the team. Dalembert would be good for you.

I honestly think they are aiming for Carter to try to butter up Dwight, since they are great buddies. Plus, if they were to trade for Dwight, they will likely lose some of their wing players, and will need depth. I don't mind VC if he accepts a Stackhouse type role, which he will have to. And at this point in his career, he probably knows he needs to take a smaller role.

Besides, if he sucks ass, or brings nothing of legit value to the team, Carlisle won't play him.

But I am very hopeful they get Dalembert. I think signing him and getting Odom potentially > re-signing Tyson Chandler.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:31 AM
except dwight is a superstar

:rolleyesHere, let me jack off to that vision.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:32 AM
They'll put Khloe out to pasture at Southfork.

IronMexican
why would you want both? neither can play the 4, and both are roughly the same age, except dwight is a superstar. you'd keep pau to play next to dwight before you kept bynum.

I have a serious Bynum mancrush.

And Pau is gay.

mavs>spurs
I honestly think they are aiming for Carter to try to butter up Dwight, since they are great buddies. Plus, if they were to trade for Dwight, they will likely lose some of their wing players, and will need depth. I don't mind VC if he accepts a Stackhouse type role, which he will have to. And at this point in his career, he probably knows he needs to take a smaller role.

Besides, if he sucks ass, or brings nothing of legit value to the team, Carlisle won't play him.

But I am very hopeful they get Dalembert. I think signing him and getting Odom potentially > re-signing Tyson Chandler.

who are we trading for dwight? pipedream buddy

stretch

Bynum would cry his way out of LA if he is the backup. Not a good idea. Much better to try to keep Pau than Bynum.

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Dwight to Dallas is really far fetched. Nothing is impossible, but it would be incredibly difficult for Dallas to do.

skut_farkus
G whats you opinion on this whole ordeal? i know your not a fan of dwight, but what the hell is lakers f/o up to?

Giuseppe
Dwight to Dallas is really far fetched. Nothing is impossible, but it would be incredibly difficult for Dallas to do.

I smell San Antonio Mavericks.

DMC
12-11-2011, 12:34 AM
No. Seriously, aren't we going to make fun of Odom crying on the radio and running around Staples crying? And make fun of his wife the cow?

I know I am.:ihit
Sure, Laker fan will shit on him before he ever gets the jersey off.

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:35 AM
who are we trading for dwight? pipedream buddy

I agree its still a pipedream, but if a trade goes down, i guarantee a 100% chance it involves 3+ teams. That changes the game up completely and makes it a much greater possibility. For instance, perhaps Atlanta would want to be in on it, since Josh Smith wants out apparently. Atlanta also really needs a legit center, and move Horford back to the 4.

You could have a trade core of Smith going to Orlando, Howard going to Dallas, and Haywood going to Atlanta, along with other moving parts, expiring contracts, and draft picks.

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:36 AM

No shit. Repeat yourself again, short shit.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Sure, Laker fan will shit on him before he ever gets the jersey off.

Oh, yeah, I declared hands off on the Chandler loss, but, I'm comin' after 'em with both barrels on Odom & Chubs.

What's good for the goose, is sauce for the gander.

DPG21920
:lol You are repeating yourself non stop girl. In fact you are copying my take of it taking a third team (which I can prove by posting when I first said it, vs you. )

mavs>spurs
I wonder if LO and VC coming to the mavs increases the chances of a Dwight pipedream?

Giuseppe
short shit.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:39 AM
:lol You are repeating yourself non stop girl. In fact you are copying my take of it taking a third team (which I can prove by posting when I first said it, vs you. )

I haven't even read any of your posts on the matter. I haven't really been on the board since yesterday afternoon, so I have no idea what you posted. But okay, more power to yourself, needledick.

m>s
good signing for them mavs imho. odom gives cover for 4 positions and he's also quite a good rebounder. really nice pickup when you can't get a big name (like howard, nene etc...)

LkrFan

Spanglish is her 2nd language or she's coo-coo. :downspin:

mavs>spurs
12-11-2011, 12:40 AM
I haven't even read any of your posts on the matter. I haven't really been on the board since yesterday afternoon, so I have no idea what you posted. But okay, more power to yourself, needledick.

If you need help catching him at the next bball GTG so you can beat his ass I got you

LkrFan
12-11-2011, 12:40 AM
They'll put Khloe out to pasture at Southfork.

:lmao

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:41 AM
I wonder if LO and VC coming to the mavs increases the chances of a Dwight pipedream?

No idea. Either way, I'd be pretty damn happy with an offseason of adding Dalembert, Odom, and Fernandez.

The only loss that really hurt was Chandler, but IMO Dalembert + Odom > Chandler.

And losing Barea has the potential to be a blessing in disguise, because it will give us a chance to see what Roddy is really made of. If he plays well, kickass. If he doesnt, oh well, at least we now know, and can move on from him.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:41 AM

She has a helluva of an udder.

mavs>spurs
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
Seriously, at this point if Dwight wants to win a couple rings he follows LO and his buddy VC to Dallas imho.

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:42 AM
If you need help catching him at the next bball GTG so you can beat his ass I got you

thanks scroh, tbh

LkrFan
12-11-2011, 12:43 AM
She has a helluva of an udder.

:rollin

m>s
12-11-2011, 12:43 AM
odom is a good signing on condition that we can't get howard. bros we never really had a chance of getting howard tbh dude never says he wants to play for dallas, its not like we could have otherwise signed howard instead of odom and signing odom had killed our chance of signing howard

Ice009
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
good signing for them mavs imho. odom gives cover for 4 positions and he's also quite a good rebounder. really nice pickup when you can't get a big name (like howard, nene etc...)

Dirk can't play 38 minutes a night with this kind of schedule, so picking up Odom is a great signing. You'll be able to give more rest to Dirk as Odom should be a very decent backup.

Great move from Cuban to not overpay Chandler. If you can get someone like Dalembert as well this would be some great work from Cuban.

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Dirk can't play 38 minutes a night with this kind of schedule, so picking up Odom is a great signing. You'll be able to give more rest to Dirk as Odom should be a very decent backup.

Great move from Cuban to not overpay Chandler. If you can get someone like Dalembert as well this would be some great work from Cuban.

This.

m>s
12-11-2011, 12:48 AM
only time will tell imho. it looks we are stronger than last season with TC gone and LO/VC/Dale in but lets wait and see if the new signings can fit the team well

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:49 AM
^Odom is crying.

Carter is a pile of shit.

Khloe is a slut and overweight.

And you're happy?

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:50 AM
IF they get Dalembert that is. I'm confident they can, I just hope they dont dick around too long and fuck it up.

skut_farkus
12-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Khloe is a slut and overweight.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 12:51 AM

Fuck, I'm gonna go watch MEtv.

Night guys.

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Stretch, BTW, the reason I say Dalembert deal is likely dead is because they needed the trade in order to get him a salary high enough to tempt him enough into accepting a 1 year deal. W/ the TE gone, Mavs are over the cap and can only offer MLE starting at 5M per year and they do not want to sign long-term deals. Even if they amnesty Brenda, they will only have about 8M to offer in the first year.

DPG21920
thanks scroh, tbh

BTW you act like an annoying punk ass sometimes.

m>s
if i could trade LO + trashes for DH i'd do it in a heartbeat. TC is going where money is, it really upset me but just 24 hours later it turned out to be a bliss, fuck yeah things changed so fast

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:55 AM
BTW you act like an annoying punk ass sometimes.

As do you. :toast

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 12:55 AM
Even though Dwight is a pipe dream IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas go after CP3 hard. If Dallas is willing to take CP3 without assurances he resigns, they could offer Odom (whom we know the Hornets want), Kidd & Roddy + draft pick for Paul + bad contract.

That package is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than LA's offer because it gets them about equal talent to compete this year, but LO AND Kidd are expiring contracts and they would get a pick plus a young asset with some potential. Makes a lot of sense for both teams.

BRHornet45
12-11-2011, 12:56 AM
sons we haven't gotten fucked this hard since FEMA

damn you Stern! damn you NBA! NO MORE!

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 12:56 AM
As do you. :toast

F*ck off douche. You always randomly talk shit, then 5 minutes later when I prove you wrong you say "oh, my bad, I read that wrong, I'm an idiot" or "I didn't even see you posted that earlier..."

Instead of instantly being a dickhead, how about you chill.

stretch
12-11-2011, 12:58 AM
F*ck off douche. You always randomly talk shit, then 5 minutes later when I prove you wrong you say "oh, my bad, I read that wrong, I'm an idiot" or "I didn't even see you posted that earlier..."

Instead of instantly being a dickhead, how about you chill.

:lmao telling someone to chill after this golden nugget of a quote

simmer down, shrimpy.

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Ok.

m>s
12-11-2011, 01:00 AM
great centers don't grow on trees imho. seems we're stronger on paper with TC gone and LO/VC in but we're still in search of a good C and we're not very likely to end up getting one that we're 100% satisfied with. there's no guarantee dale will join dallas and even if he does join us, it'll remain a question whether he can get into our system as well as TC did. you had awesome chemistry with your old guys and you won the championship, it doesn't make much sense to reshuffle it and remake a squad which looks stronger but aren't guaranteed to be so.

Kyle Orton
12-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Just a few years ago, our FO was too stagnant and didn't do shit even after the finals loss. It's great to see that Cuban n Donnie are still tryin to win more and not just mail it in.

Mavs IMHO have a top 5 FO. Lovin this shit

DJ Mbenga
12-11-2011, 01:01 AM
IF they get Dalembert that is. I'm confident they can, I just hope they dont dick around too long and fuck it up.

they used up the trade exception. dalember cannot come unless he signs for 3 million

Killakobe81
12-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Even though Dwight is a pipe dream IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas go after CP3 hard. If Dallas is willing to take CP3 without assurances he resigns, they could offer Odom (whom we know the Hornets want), Kidd & Roddy + draft pick for Paul + bad contract.

That package is wayyyyyyyyyyy better than LA's offer because it gets them about equal talent to compete this year, but LO AND Kidd are expiring contracts and they would get a pick plus a young asset with some potential. Makes a lot of sense for both teams.

Just stop, DPG. Most GM's, Hornets fans, media disagrees with you.
1. Most of your compadres upstairs still bitch over losing scola to Rox
2. Martin is one of the most efficient scorers, though he sucks on defense.
3. Odom is the reigning 6th man and is a high level rebounder ...I really hoped he does well ...bit not in dallas we have no one to guard him.
4. Dragic has potential ...but he did regress last year.

stretch
12-11-2011, 01:05 AM
Ok.

Bend over.

I'll give you a reason to say Ok.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-11-2011, 01:06 AM
This was a salary dump, no Howard for the Lakers. An LA Time reporter is saying the Lakers were looking to shed salary.

According to RealGM:

The Lakers will trade Lamar Odom to the Mavericks for a traded player exception.

The move is not necessarily to pursue Dwight Howard, as sources say it is a "straight salary dump".

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217348/Odom_Dealt_To_Dallas_In_Straight_Salary_Dump#ixzz1 gCgOHMFt

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:07 AM
3. Odom is the reigning 6th man and is a high level rebounder ...I really hoped he does well ...bit not in dallas we have no one to guard him.

You don't get it. The Hornets owners did, luckily for them.

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:08 AM
I just read that the TE Mavs sent to LA wasn't big enough to absorb Turk?

BRHornet45
12-11-2011, 01:08 AM
block this shit Stern! you fat son of a bitch

m>s
12-11-2011, 01:10 AM
Kidd is a legend imho, he's been a great servant for our team and he's still doing a great job for us even at age 38

mavsfan1000
This makes the Mavs more watchable this season. Though I still think their lack of a quality center will be a big blow.

DPG21920

Nothing on this Mav fan?

u4lakers14
12-11-2011, 01:11 AM
well fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats just great.

thats just fucking great.

mavs>spurs
12-11-2011, 01:12 AM
I don't want CP3 tbh. who the fuck would he be facilitating to and setting up? Dirk operates best off an iso in the high post, he doesn't need CP3 playmaking and dribbling the ball to do his thing. Exactly what good would paul do on the mavs? Especially for a 1 year rental.

Now paul may >>>> LO as a player, but on the mavs LO > Paul

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:13 AM
You don't think Dirk is good enough to convince him to stay?

stretch
12-11-2011, 01:14 AM
Nothing on this Mav fan?

I'm already hearing Clippers jumping in on CP3 sweepstakes now.

Interesting idea on Mavs getting him, but still not incredibly likely. Dallas would only get him if he agrees to stay more than a year, which we have no idea on his view of Dallas.

mavs>spurs
12-11-2011, 01:16 AM
no not really, the other superstars sort of shun dirk who is getting old btw and isn't a good incentive for paul to sign here long term. aside from that, for the mavs LO > paul

adrienne
12-11-2011, 01:16 AM
I think if they were going to make a big push for a trade, it would be for Dwight. And that's not as likely as pushing for Deron Williams next year. Which still probably won't happen. So, basically, nobody.

m>s
12-11-2011, 01:17 AM
odom ain't the final solution imho. we're still searching for a decent C but the invaluable TE has been used already.

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I'm already hearing Clippers jumping in on CP3 sweepstakes now.

Interesting idea on Mavs getting him, but still not incredibly likely. Dallas would only get him if he agrees to stay more than a year, which we have no idea on his view of Dallas.

Does my reasoning on Dalembert make sense to you?

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I thought Cubes already said he would trade for CP3 w/o assurances of him staying?

mavsfan1000
12-11-2011, 01:19 AM
But in a way, the Mavs helped the Lakers get Dwight Howard for next year. I already see it coming. But oh well. I don't think Howard would've picked us anyways.

DMC
12-11-2011, 01:19 AM
block this shit Stern! you fat son of a bitch
Son, you are making me :lmao

stretch
12-11-2011, 01:20 AM
Does my reasoning on Dalembert make sense to you?

No.

pass1st
I honestly wonder if Odom will produce anymore, he must be emotionally destroyed. The pig will file for divorce soon.

ElNono
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Odom/Dallas trade shot down by NBA: "Basketball reasons"
1 min ago

:wow

stretch
I thought Cubes already said he would trade for CP3 w/o assurances of him staying?

Last year, when they were desperate for a 'ship, yes. I doubt he does at this point.

Jacob1983
Cuban needs to step up and get Dalembert. I'd rather have him as the starting center than Haywood.

stretch
12-11-2011, 01:21 AM
1 min ago

stfu, moron.

DarkGinobili
1 min ago

LOL:lol:lol:lol

mavsfan1000
1 min ago

:depressed

ElNono
12-11-2011, 01:22 AM
:lol

ElNono
12-11-2011, 01:22 AM
stfu, moron.

sup scrah

m>s
12-11-2011, 01:23 AM
the howard battle is heating up really, if we could outrace other pursuers and end up getting that n!gga i'd call it a complete success.

pass1st
12-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Gasol/Bynum trade in works for CP3/Okafur, third party involved: Blazers
1 min ago

stretch
12-11-2011, 01:24 AM
:depressed

i hope you didn't believe his fake shit

ElNono
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM
i hope you didn't believe his fake shit

I thought he was a Bulls fan, tbh

mavsfan1000
12-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Bynum/Fisher trade in works for D. Howard, third party involved: Grizzlies
1 min ago

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:26 AM
no.

y

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Gasol/Bynum trade in works for CP3/Okafur, third party involved: Blazers
1 min ago

:lol now everyone is going to be doing this shtick.

DarkGinobili
12-11-2011, 01:29 AM

u4lakers14
12-11-2011, 01:31 AM
phil jackson is rolling over in his grave.

m>s
12-11-2011, 01:31 AM
DH is a more realistic target than paul imho. the league is looking for a potential take-over on the hornets so they don't want the team to lose its value this soon. lakers proposed a 3-side deal which also included the rockets but it was vetoed, the fat son of bitch stern ain't approve it

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Mavs offer in my scenario gets them some names, helps them compete this year as much as the LA offer, but gives them cap flexibility as well. Much better offer.

angelbelow
12-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Bynum/Fisher trade in works for D. Howard, third party involved: Grizzlies
1 min ago

lol

dude1394
12-11-2011, 01:43 AM
great centers don't grow on trees imho. seems we're stronger on paper with TC gone and LO/VC in but we're still in search of a good C and we're not very likely to end up getting one that we're 100% satisfied with. there's no guarantee dale will join dallas and even if he does join us, it'll remain a question whether he can get into our system as well as TC did. you had awesome chemistry with your old guys and you won the championship, it doesn't make much sense to reshuffle it and remake a squad which looks stronger but aren't guaranteed to be so.

I believe you are spot on.

Nathan89
12-11-2011, 01:46 AM

:lol Most

I've seen at least one guy NBAtv talking about how it was a bad trade because it makes them a 7th seed. The worse position in the league to be.

Killakobe81
12-11-2011, 01:53 AM

I've seen at least one guy NBAtv talking about how it was a bad trade because it makes them a 7th seed. The worse position in the league to be.

That is why I said most ...

I could post plenty of articles that disagree with plenty of executives quoted that Demps did a great job. Whatever.

Again, Im glad the trade was nixed (assuming we get someone else) we gave up too much IMHO. I said that from day 1. If Paul wasnt coming with knee concerns maybe I would of felt different.
Sure Pau and Lamar are over 30 but yet they are championship bigs.

What I dont get is us giving Lamar (tear and all) away for practically nothing ...In Mitch I trust ...but he better not mess this up.

DMC
12-11-2011, 01:56 AM
I don't get how you trade the 6th man of the year the following year without getting something really substantial. How hard would you have to look even in the lottery to find a player of that quality?

m>s
12-11-2011, 01:57 AM
the crunch time lineups will be kidd/JET/Marion/Odom/Dirk which doesn't look too bad imho

m>s
12-11-2011, 02:00 AM
lakers are going to land paul guaranteed, trading odom for TE was just sort of a preparation. hornets don't want Odom but they would hardly say no to a TE which counts ZERO to their payroll.

DMC
12-11-2011, 02:02 AM
lakers are going to land paul guaranteed, trading odom for TE was just sort of a preparation. hornets don't want Odom but they would hardly say no to a TE which counts ZERO to their payroll.
According to the "sources", LA/Paul isn't going to happen.

Blouses
12-11-2011, 02:11 AM
Per Eddie Sefko of the DMN, the Mavs will be able choose any of their first rounds over the next six years to send to LA in the Odom deal.
Dallas' first rounder -- whenever it comes into play -- will also be top-20 protected.

lol lakers federally fucked
lol mark cuban is smarter than everyone

mavsfan1000
12-11-2011, 02:55 AM
We Stackeeedddddddddddd!

angelbelow
12-11-2011, 03:38 AM
looking forward to seeing what the lakers have up their sleeve.

LkrFan
12-11-2011, 04:13 AM
1 min ago

:lmao :flag: :lmao

Texas Chili Dog
12-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Cuban would beat us all in a game of chess. To me, this trade is all about keeping Dwight Howard away from the Nets. If he ends up in LA as a result, so be it. But the Mavs are creating a better package for the Lakers to use to present to the Magic, to compete with the ones the Nets will offer. The last thing the Mavs want is for Deron Williams to have a reason to sign an extension with the Nets. And having Howard as his teammate would make that almost a certainty.

Mav-elous Man
12-11-2011, 05:22 AM
At least the Khloe jokes will cease.

tee, hee.

But they will start here in Dallas. Can we trade her away or is she a package deal?

cobbler
12-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Rumor has it that E! Online producers Eliot Goldberg and Khloe Kardashian-Odom are writing a letter demanding Stern void the trade. Apparently copies will be sent to DPG along with the Brooklyn and Golden Gate Bridge deeds. :lol

Odom, if you get him out of the upcomming funk, will be a good fit for the Mavs. Him and Dirk would present outside length matchups.

TDMVPDPOY
12-11-2011, 06:19 AM
killabobe

losing scola on the cheap to the rockets might hurt the spurs,

but ever since drafting him and not being able to sign him, spurs had one 2 rings in that timespan...are we pissed? no, but 2 rings is better then nothing....

Spur_Fanatic
12-11-2011, 06:51 AM
If true, great sign by Dallas.

Still, I fear the Lakers more when they have team spots open...

Jodelo
12-11-2011, 07:04 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

m>s
12-11-2011, 07:20 AM
odom is quite a good player to say the least, with superb versatility and plenitude of experience however only time will time if he's the right signing for dallas, or not. in 06 summer the mavs signed dickbreath which at that time was believed to be also a good signing, DB was a solid squad player and he had experiences of winning the championship.

hope LO doesn't turn out to be another DB tbh

sefant77
12-11-2011, 08:58 AM
potentially epic shit by the Mavs and Lakers FO.

Cuban helps cockblocking Dwight/Deron, so LA has the tools to land Dwight and Deron has no reason to stay in NJ and coming back to sign with his hometown Dallas

21_Blessings
12-11-2011, 09:18 AM
It's a trap.

Odom is going to destroy any locker room chemistry Dallas thought they have; good riddance. Enjoy your Trojan Horse :toast

Josepatches_
12-11-2011, 09:20 AM
If Howard goes to Brooklyn then Lakers lose Odom for nothing

No Howard no Paul.It would be epic fail too

m>s
12-11-2011, 09:56 AM
It's a trap.

Odom is going to destroy any locker room chemistry Dallas thought they have; good riddance. Enjoy your Trojan Horse :toast

its one actual possibility tbh, he may as well accept a supporting role on this team (like marion) and i don't think it'd be too hard for him to accept such a role since he's been playing a similar role for years on lakers squad.

if he turns out to be another dickbreath, for the worst scenario, we would amnesty the shit out of him before he can cause any harm to our harmony tbh

Amarelooms
12-11-2011, 10:02 AM
its one actual possibility tbh, he may as well accept a supporting role on this team (like marion) and i don't think it'd be too hard for him to accept such a role since he's been playing a similar role for years on lakers squad.

if he turns out to be another dickbreath, for the worst scenario, we would amnesty the shit out of him before he can cause any harm to our harmony tbh

No need to amnesty dummy...he's an expiring contract...can be traded

:elephant

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Mavs can't amnesty Odom.

m>s
12-11-2011, 10:15 AM
not true, LO has two years left but the final year only has 3m guaranteed, if he plays bad in the trimmed season and proves not a worthwhile signing then we can pay him the 3m guaranteed money anytime before Jul.31 (after the season is done, of course) and kick him the fuck out immediately.

m>s
12-11-2011, 10:17 AM
the amnesty should be reserved for brendan haywood, its too precious to be wasted on LO imho

DPG21920
12-11-2011, 10:19 AM
not true, LO has two years left but the final year only has 3m guaranteed, if he plays bad in the trimmed season and proves not a worthwhile signing then we can pay him the 3m guaranteed money anytime before Jul.31 (after the season is done, of course) and kick him the fuck out immediately.

It is true, they cannot amnesty him, that is different from what you are saying. I agree about just cutting him, but that is not amnesty, it's different.

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 10:24 AM

...and then start making fun of his wife once & again.

tee, hee.

DMC
12-11-2011, 11:05 AM
...and then start making fun of his wife once & again.

tee, hee.

Once we squeeze every ounce of butthurt from Lakerfan over this, we will resume the Crydashian bashing.

PGDynasty24
12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Good luck with him. He's a broken spirit,after listening to him cry on the radio I knew even though the trade had been blocked that he was done

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Once we squeeze every ounce of butthurt from Lakerfan over this, we will resume the Crydashian bashing.

I smell San Antonio Mavericks

Sportcamper
12-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Come on…Odom was 6th man of the year and one of the top 5 players in the NBA “every third game”…

CIA Cuban played this one beautifully…:toast

Jacob1983
12-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Dalembert?

ElNono
12-12-2011, 02:32 AM
It's a trap.

http://files.sharenator.com/judge_RE_You_mad_Bro_s400x300_199186_580_RE_Banned-s400x300-208136-580.jpg