PDA

View Full Version : Odom requested the trade.

adrienne
12-11-2011, 03:18 PM
Per Kevin Ding (OC Register).

Lukor
12-11-2011, 03:19 PM
why the fuck does this need a new thread?

Fpoonsie
12-11-2011, 03:19 PM
TO Dallas, or just a trade in general?

adrienne
12-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Just a trade in general. He was offended.:lol

adrienne
12-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I apologize, did we need to save room for "The Lakers are screwed" and "The Lakers are going to sign everyone in the NBA" threads?

Fpoonsie
12-11-2011, 03:22 PM

Really? With all the shit Kool posts on the regular, you're gonna go all aching cunt over THIS thread?

Koolaid_Man
12-11-2011, 03:23 PM

Lay off of Addy dude...I won't tolerate it not for a fucking second

Koolaid_Man
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Really? With all the shit Kool posts on the regular, you're gonna go all aching cunt over THIS thread?

Keep my name out yo fucking mouth...he prolly just scared of Kool

Koolaid_Man
12-11-2011, 03:25 PM
I apologize, did we need to save room for "The Lakers are screwed" and "The Lakers are going to sign everyone in the NBA" threads?

go back to the bedroom baby I got this one :lol

Fpoonsie
12-11-2011, 03:28 PM

Scared of what? Your r&b trivia?

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 03:29 PM
go back to the bedroom baby I got this one :lol

:lol

PGDynasty24
12-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Lamar is so damn emotional,I'm actually happy he and that cow are gone.

mavs>spurs
12-11-2011, 03:38 PM
LMFAO laker fan turning on their own, ya ungrateful unclassy bastards.

DMC
12-11-2011, 03:40 PM
So Achy Cunt is reserved for you? Fitting.

Stalin
12-11-2011, 03:45 PM
the inevitable laker implosion, more to come..

adrienne
12-11-2011, 03:49 PM
@Mike_Bresnahan
Mike Bresnahan
After trading Odom, are Lakers about to get Howard or maybe revisit Paul trade again? Source: "There's nothing going on."

Stalin
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM
so basically they traded him bacause kardashian was butthurt and not because there is some supertrade in teh work to get howard, so lakers can 5peat?

pass1st
12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
Lakers giving up Odom without a plan in the works is uncharacteristic of them, but everybody fucks up once in a while.

Stalin
12-11-2011, 04:07 PM
so is this true then, no d12 to the lakers? i can breath again, lol?

adrienne
12-11-2011, 04:09 PM
There's nothing indicating that Dwight to LA won't happen; they just didn't have a plan in place before trading Odom.

BoricuaCJA
12-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Lakers giving up Odom without a plan in the works is uncharacteristic of them, but everybody fucks up once in a while.
O they have a plan. LA just doesn't want people to know but we all know they do.

pass1st
12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
No real clue yet, Stalin. Everybody thinks D12 to Nets is everything but signed, yet if you look at the shit going on.....hell he might end up on the T-Wolves for all we know.

Stalin
12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
:cry:cry

pass1st
12-11-2011, 04:14 PM
What's wrong, Stalin? Curly touch you where the sun don't shine again?

Stalin
12-11-2011, 04:15 PM
yeah, thats it

pass1st
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Just tell him to bend over, his ankles will explode.

Stalin
12-11-2011, 04:17 PM
was never a big fan of the bend over shtick, tbh

Kyle Orton
12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Bend over, I'll make you a fuckin' big fan.

Red Hawk #21
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM

pass1st
12-11-2011, 04:34 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/x4lo3b.jpg

Scrub
12-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Some very funny people in this thread tbh :toast

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM

:lmao this picture will certainly appeal to Cully

Giuseppe
12-11-2011, 04:53 PM
What's wrong, Stalin? Curly touch you where the sun don't shine again?

That's fine. You go pedo and I'm gonna put you back in bed with your mother faster than a rabbit gets fucked.

Stalin
12-11-2011, 05:08 PM

rayjayjohnson
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Who's fatter? Kourtney or Cuban?

Cry Havoc
12-11-2011, 05:21 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7341879/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-talks-losing-lamar-odom-it

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- The new-day, new-drama motif that's marked the opening of Los Angeles Lakers training camp continued Sunday as the team held its first media day since 2003 without Lamar Odom on the roster.

Lakers guard Kobe Bryant did not take a wait-and-see approach before voicing his opinion of the deal that sent Odom to the Dallas Mavericks for a $8.9 million trade exception, as well as Dallas' 2012 first-round pick and possibly additional draft considerations, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

He was quite clear that he was unhappy.

"I don't like it," said Bryant. "To be honest with you, I don't like it."

The Lakers had nothing official to announce, according to team spokesman John Black, but Odom was not present at the practice facility while his teammates spoke to reporters and posed for photos in their gold home jerseys.

While the trade might not have been official yet, Bryant spoke about it as if it was already decided.

"You're talking about the Sixth Man of the Year last year," Bryant said. "He played lights out. I don't understand the criticism of reality shows and this, that and the other. I don't get it. I don't understand that. He had his best season last season, clearly wasn't a distraction and he played his ass off. I don't get where that comes from."

Late Saturday night, Odom's wife and reality TV co-star, Khloe Kardashian, tweeted, "I am curious as to how I am the cause for any trade?"

Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle also spoke as if the deal was completed on Sunday.

"Right now, for me, having Odom, Dirk Nowitzki, Shawn Marion, we may have the best forward trio in this league right now. And that's exciting," Carlisle said. "Lamar Odom is a guy we have great respect for as a person and as an all-around player in this league. We feel he's going to add so many different dimensions for us -- length, playmaking, scoring, experience, championship experience."

As Bryant continued to answer questions about Odom joining the team that swept the Lakers out of the second round of the playoffs last spring, his anger grew.

"Now I'm getting pissed off," he said.

Bryant said he was "especially" upset about Odom joining the Mavs, who not only beat the Lakers, but beat them by 36 points in Game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals to put an end to the Phil Jackson era.

Bryant would not even call the Mavericks by name, instead referring to Dallas as "that team" on several occasions.

He did call the Mavericks owner by name, however.

"I don't think Mark Cuban is protesting this trade," Bryant said, adding a sarcastic smirk.

Odom, 32, averaged 14.4 points, 8.7 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game last season while shooting a career-high 53 percent from the field in his 12th season in the league.

While being honored as the league's top substitute for filling in for Pau Gasol at forward when Gasol needed a break, Odom also started 35 games, making up for Andrew Bynum in the first five when the center was out because of injury or suspension.

"The identity of our team will have to change in terms of how we go about doing things," Bryant said. "You have to search for it and find what that is."

Odom was also a strong presence in the locker room and an emotional leader of the team.

"I've known Lamar for a long time and for the team itself, he's meant a lot in terms of his versatility and his personality," Bryant said. "He's a big presence for us in the locker room, just from a team chemistry standpoint. He's great at bringing guys together and things of that nature."

Lakers co-captain Derek Fisher echoed Bryant's thoughts.

"What more could he do?" said Fisher. "He's been asked to play a different role, maybe a lesser role than he'd play on a lesser team, and he did that. He did what he was asked to do, the team wins two championships, goes to another Finals. As a basketball player it confuses you as to what your focus should be. If your focus is ... about making sacrifices, making less money, playing a lesser role to be a part of a championship team, it doesn't seem like the reward fits anymore.

"The reward is, when something else better comes along, you're going to be traded and pushed out. That's just not a message that you'd want a friend or a teammate to have to experience, but at the same time we know that's a part of what this business is now."

Bryant left the pack of reporters when he was done speaking and immediately made his way up a flight of stairs to general manager Mitch Kupchak's office.

While Bryant has been critical of Kupchak in the past, he offered his support Sunday.

"I trust management knows what they're doing," Bryant said. "I'll let them do their jobs and I'll never get in the way of it, but, it's tough.

"You got to let Mitch do his job. Look, Mitch has proven himself over the course of the years that he's been able to build a great team here. We have to all trust that he's going to do that."

Bryant acknowledged the sentiment that the Odom deal might precede another move by Lakers management, perhaps to secure Dwight Howard from Orlando.

"Whether they have something else going on, that's on them to decide," Bryant said.

Lakers forward Matt Barnes, a former teammate of Howard's, said he has spoken to him about the trade speculation but would not characterize the talks as pitches to come to L.A.

"He has a tough decision to make," Barnes said. "There's teams pulling at him every way. We just have real talks, more than anything about him being a Laker. He's got to do what's best for him and his family and what makes him happy."

Bryant, however said he has not spoken to Howard, who he played with on the 2008 U.S. Olympic team, and would not entertain how the Lakers would look if the three-time Defensive Player of the Year was traded to L.A.

"If?" Bryant said. "If it happens I'll give you my thoughts then."

:lmao

rayjayjohnson
12-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Kobe should change his name to Metta Butthurt

Dirkadirkastan
12-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Sio8EaxbJ88

adrienne
12-11-2011, 06:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3m5jQKLU8&ob=av3e

badfish22
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Kobe really didn't like Odom's new destination. "Especially to them," he said. "We were supposed to come back and get them back."

:lmao

Stalin
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
nice to see kobe this upset, tbh

m>s
12-12-2011, 09:20 AM
dude was pissed the lakers packaged him in the proposed trade offer for paul

lefty
12-12-2011, 09:29 AM

:rollin

Props to whoever made this

(not Pass1st obviously)

BlackSwordsMan
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
do you think his fat ditch pig wife stays with him? her whore sister dumped that asshole from the nets because he wanted to move back to that shit hole minnesota

Giuseppe
12-12-2011, 10:11 AM
do you think his fat ditch pig wife stays with him? her whore sister dumped that asshole from the nets because he wanted to move back to that shit hole minnesota

You've nary room.

You left me in the lurch. Just when I needed you most.