PDA

View Full Version : What willl Lakers miss most from Odom?

da_suns_fan
12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Personally I think it will be his rebounding. I always thought he was one of the most underrated rebounders in the league.

Anxious to hear what Mavs fans are most excited about as well.

BRHornet45
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
his wife's big fat ass

InRareForm
12-11-2011, 09:04 PM
His ability to have one of those huge games easily at times.

pass1st
12-11-2011, 09:12 PM
his wife's big fat ass

Son, how can you tell the ass apart from the face?

BRHornet45
12-11-2011, 09:14 PM

son real talk her ass wouldn't be all that bad ....

if we knew we wouldn't get smacked in the face with her big floppy donkey dick when she turns around.

VBM
12-11-2011, 09:14 PM

You need to apologize to her ass for that...that ain't right

Stalin
12-11-2011, 09:18 PM
^ real talk, sons

pass1st
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Sons, take those panties off and wipe off her ass makeup, it will not be a pretty sight.

BRHornet45
12-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Khloe said she has never been with anyone but black men. She and Kim have pleased more brothas than Popeyes and KFC combined.

sons never trust a big white butt and a smile.

pass1st
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Son, Kloe's snatch is looser than Oden's knees.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Chances are it's not just their bodies that get them so many rich black men. I bet all the Kardashian sisters can suck abraham lincoln off a penny

BRHornet45
12-11-2011, 09:32 PM
well son truth be told most white men are scared to death of a white woman with a nice big ass and that's where the brothas come into play. most white men prefer their women to be stick, bones, and plastic with no ass at all.

I said most, not all

pass1st
12-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Son, you speak the truth. I like women that don't have visible ribcages, but white men put these skinny white girls on pedestals and the media goes nuts over them.

Venti Quattro
12-12-2011, 03:08 AM
A do it-all forward that, despite his inconsistencies, shows up when it matters.

angelbelow
12-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Rebounding for sure. His offense is more of a bonus because hes not great in iso situation BUT awesome when plays are broken. Hes also pretty good at driving and post up situations but his rebounding is probably the most consistent.

mathbzh
12-12-2011, 05:38 AM
A starter when Bynum is injured... again.

silverblk mystix
12-12-2011, 05:49 AM
...being able to sample from his private "stash" for their homo smoking parties...

Spur_Fanatic
12-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Though I understand why the Lakers traded him, I think they'll miss him rebouding and scoring.
Plenty of games when Kobe needed a sidekick to score big too, and Odom delivered.

Odom is/was an X-Factor.

m>s
12-12-2011, 08:59 AM
versatility & rebounds are the major elements that they lakers will miss most about this dude imho. odom when playing as SF is a matchup nightmare for undersized small forwards, when he plays PF or C he pwns the shit out of those clumsy bigs. that n!gga is a perfect mix of skills, quickness, size/strength and shooting range, and you can't think of many players with similar versatility in this league.

BlackSwordsMan
12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
lakers lost their veteran leadership

Venti Quattro
12-12-2011, 09:58 AM
lakers lost their veteran leadership

Derek Fisher, as it pains it for me to say, is still with the Lakers.

lefty
12-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Also help defense in the paint

Those long arms

JamStone
12-12-2011, 10:19 AM
They'll miss his rebounding and ball handling. But more than that, they'll miss the fact that Kobe actually trusts him. It's something intangible that he and Fisher provide. I don't think even Pau provides it completely. Lamar isn't scared of Kobe and I think Kobe respects that. Kobe is super controlloing, but he will allow Fisher and Lamar take control. If they take bad shots or make forced or poor plays, he generally doesn't get as upset as if it were other guys. And they don't cower to Kobe. Kobe could demand the ball, but Lamar won't necessarily pass it to him. With only Fisher there and his role decreasing, we might see a more controlling Kobe who will try to do everything by himself.

Giuseppe
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
^Jammie musta got his balloon knot popped.

He's back on the wagon.

Matzel, Matzel.

Sportcamper
12-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Lamar Odom was the most consistent player on the Lakers last season…How many games did Lamar grab 20 rebounds…Cuban played this one beautifully…

Killakobe81
12-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Odom never played small forward or center for us. Hes the most versatile PF in the league, but lacks motivation. Every six or seven games he will tease you with greatness, but his rebounding is automatic, night in and night out. Having him to fill in for Pau when Bynum went down every year was priceless, and what will be missed most from him. Fan favorite and easily liked. He and Terry will get along great. He wont make up for the loss of Tyson, but he will offset that losers mentality that Carter will bring to the table. Very nice pickup after losing Tyson. Dirk will need to play some center to allow Odom to get his minutes.

Well said, Luva. Those that say you don't talk "ball" are full of shit. You just prefer to piss of the rank and file ... :rollin

Mav-elous Man
12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
son real talk her ass wouldn't be all that bad ....

if we knew we wouldn't get smacked in the face with her big floppy donkey dick when she turns around.

LOL @ BR checking out a hermaphrodite!!!

LkrFan
12-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Khloe said she has never been with anyone but black men. She and Kim have pleased more brothas than Popeyes and KFC combined.

sons never trust a big white butt and a smile.

BR!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Baseline
12-12-2011, 06:41 PM
If the lakers don't get Dwight, this will go down as one of the worst trades ever.

But with Stern running the Lakers, I'm sure they'll wind up with Dwight. I think Stern stopped the Chris Paul trade because he wanted the Lakers to end up with both Pau and Dwight.

As crappy as Bryant is at this point, he'll need both Pau and Dwight to win another ring. And Stern is bound and determined to make it happen.

Don't get me wrong - I hate the Lakers and I hate Bryant, so I hope Dwight stays in Orlando - or winds up anywhere but with the Lakers. But if Dwight doesn't end up a Laker, then Stern has no power left at all.

Giuseppe
12-12-2011, 06:44 PM
If the lakers don't get Dwight, this will go down as one of the worst trades ever.

But with Stern running the Lakers, I'm sure they'll wind up with Dwight. I think Stern stopped the Chris Paul trade because he wanted the Lakers to end up with both Pau and Dwight.

As crappy as Bryant is at this point, he'll need both Pau and Dwight to win another ring. And Stern is bound and determined to make it happen.

Don't get me wrong - I hate the Lakers and I hate Bryant, so I hope Dwight stays in Orlando - or winds up anywhere but with the Lakers. But if Dwight doesn't end up a Laker, then Stern has no power left at all.

You've completely covered your ass, Base. No matter what happens to us, you'll be right.

You little girl in ankle socks and black & white saddle shoes, uh, you.

Koolaid_Man
12-12-2011, 06:46 PM

I'm just grateful you think deeply and so passionate about my team

Giuseppe
12-12-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm just grateful you think deeply and so passionate about my team

He's probably naked and has a passionate 14 incher buried (deeply) when he's typing that shit.

Ashy Larry
12-12-2011, 08:41 PM
He was the insurance policy. Gasol goes out, he steps in. Bynum gets hurt, he steps in. And when he started, he played really well. Lakers truly fucked this one up. Because unless you are "guaranteed" Paul and Howard, I don't think they should have fucked with the roster especially with Chandler going to the Knicks.

Brazil
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Few days after I still don't get this move tbh
Giving odom to the mavs for a bag of chips maybe I'm too stupid to understand

ChrisRichards
12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Lakers will miss Lamar's true warrior mentality. Other than Kobe and maybe Fisher the rest of the Lakers squad are filled with sissies (Luke, Steve Blake), pansies (Metta, Bynum, Gasol) newbies (Caracter, Ebanks) & thug wannabe (Barnes)

Lamar was the Lakers true enforcer. Against the 2008 Finals when the rets of the squad sans Kobe has folded, Lamar was the only one with balls to tackle (Allen) and jaw (KG/ Posey) with a Celtic. When Kobe was body slammed by Raja Bell, Lamar was the only guy who went to defend Kobe. When the Mavs were taking a huge dump on them last year, Lamar was the only one who was man enough to mess with the Digler while Gasol was having her period.

El Presidente was the voice of reason but Lamar is the glue. He was the guy that made sure everybody gets a fair share of the ball when Kobe's hoggin it. He rebounds like a hawk. He's an underrated defender and he can occassionally give you 20-25 pts per contest when Kobe and Pau are not feelin it. To me, Lamar's value is practically the same as Kobe and Pau meaning you can't win a championship if you take one out of the game. Lakers winning back to back despite of Bynum playing on one leg is a true testament of how valuable Lamar was for the Lakers.

I have reason to believe the Mavs will repeat and this is because Odom will play even better than last year to prove a point. The Lakers made a huge miscalculation by trading him to the Mavs, WTH is that?:lol They Couldve traded Lamar to Memphis for OJ Mayo and Darrell Arthur but no they give their 3rd best player tot he defending champs :lmao

LakerLanny
12-13-2011, 01:40 AM
He is a great rebounder, a very good ballhandler and he has the knack of being able to come up with big plays in the clutch.

Bottom line is we are going to miss him in Los Angeles, there is no doubt about that. He is 32 though and for the most part his best days are probably behind him. At least I hope so.

Trading him to Dallas? That is the part I can't figure out, it would have been nice just to send him to Charlotte or something.