PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo: Spurs Make Offer to Josh Howard

Man Mountain
12-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Wiz FA F Josh Howard now as an offer in hand from Spurs, rep says. Utah made offer & will meet with him this week. Wiz also still in mix.

He really killed us in 2006. Is he still good?

Fireball
12-12-2011, 09:20 AM
No ... at least not consistent, because he is very injury prone ...

boutons_deux
12-12-2011, 09:22 AM
He's dumb, no BB IQ, no guts.

alamo50
12-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

NASpurs
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
......................... :lmao Spurs

timvp
12-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Ugh. So not only is J-Ho apparently the next target, he's going to stretch out his decision? Not very good news for a team that needs to make a quick decision on RJ if they want any salary relief.

SKINNYPIMP210
12-12-2011, 09:25 AM
I like it!!!

lefty
12-12-2011, 09:27 AM
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50413_322138683619_1210463_n.jpg

Bruno
12-12-2011, 09:30 AM
It's a weird timing to do an offer. Most of the SF targeted agreed to new contracts on Friday. Why Spurs have waited a couple of days to do this offer?

I wouldn't be surprised that this offer report is just a ploy form his agent.

timvp
12-12-2011, 09:34 AM
Looking at who's left on the open market, the Spurs are pretty much forced to make a run at J-Ho. He's the only legit small forward with a pulse still available. It could turn out to be a good buy-low if he can stay healthy. But it's still a really risky move to sign him and plug him in as your starter at three.

That said, I prefer him over RJ. J-Ho is likely the dumbest player in the league but at least he'd bring some toughness to the position.

SKINNYPIMP210
12-12-2011, 09:38 AM
Looking at who's left on the open market, the Spurs are pretty much forced to make a run at J-Ho. He's the only legit small forward with a pulse still available. It could turn out to be a good buy-low if he can stay healthy. But it's still a really risky move to sign him and plug him in as your starter at three.

That said, I prefer him over RJ. J-Ho is likely the dumbest player in the league but at least he'd bring some toughness to the position.

:tu

Yeah I don't see anyone else out there.

Fireball
12-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I just hope TIMVPs right ...

DarkGinobili
12-12-2011, 09:42 AM
:lol
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50413_322138683619_1210463_n.jpg

Mr. Body
12-12-2011, 09:42 AM
It's a weird timing to do an offer. Most of the SF targeted agreed to new contracts on Friday. Why Spurs have waited a couple of days to do this offer?

I wouldn't be surprised that this offer report is just a ploy form his agent.

Wouldn't it seriously damage an agent's reputation to start claiming offers that aren't there?

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Smoke screen.

Mel_13
12-12-2011, 09:53 AM
I've got RJ fatigue, so I'd take Smokey. Just hope the deal isn't longer than two years.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Wouldn't it seriously damage an agent's reputation to start claiming offers that aren't there?

Well...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/53090708-62/connor-jazz-camp-offer.html.csp

O'Connor said the Jazz have had serious discussions with free agent small forward Josh Howard but a formal offer hasn't been made.

"I haven't made an official offer, no," O'Connor said. "That's incorrect. Have we talked about stuff? Yeah."

A source told The Salt Lake Tribune on Saturday that Howard's camp maintains the Jazz have made a "firm offer."

My guess is that there are very little interest for Howard among the league and that his agent is suing all the tricks of the book to get him a good contract.

lefty
12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
We are getting CP3

DPG21920
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
I've got RJ fatigue, so I'd take Smokey. Just hope the deal isn't longer than two years.

:tu

timvp
12-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Well...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/53090708-62/connor-jazz-camp-offer.html.csp

Nice find :tu

So there's a good chance this "offer" isn't real. Reading J-Ho's quotes, it sounds to me like his goal is to re-sign with the Wizards.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
I like this for the Spurs, considering what's left he's probably our best option. I think a change of scenery will do him good.

He averaged 15 and 4 as recently as the 2009/10 season. Injuries will be a question, but I'd be more than happy to give him a second chance. We already know what we got with RJ, give JHo a chance.

Mr. Body
12-12-2011, 10:01 AM
My guess is that there are very little interest for Howard among the league and that his agent is suing all the tricks of the book to get him a good contract.

Wow, that'd piss me off as a GM, but I guess it happens.

Redshadows
12-12-2011, 10:02 AM
how much per year?

Xevious
12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
He's dumb, no BB IQ, no guts.
I still remember laughing my ass off in 2006 when Howard called the Mav's last timeout after the Heat's first freethrow, pretty much guaranteeing the Mav's loss.

mexicanjunior
12-12-2011, 10:09 AM
I hope it's not true, would rather let Leonard and Anderson play SF minutes than sign this a-hole. He is injury prone, a drug addict and an idiot on the b-ball court.

spurs50_
12-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Does he still partake in smoking the loco weed?

SenorSpur
12-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Howard really scares me. I constantly criticized the Spurs for passing over him in the 2003 draft, thereby allowing the Mavs to take him. This decision was made to look even more questionable, as Howard was lighting up the Spurs on a regular basis and especially in that epic 2006 WCSF series, which the Mavs prevailed. However over time, Howard proved to be somewhat of a malcontent, with a low-BBIQ and an injury-prone body.

I guess if he's the only alternative to RJ, perhaps he will do, but he still scares me. With his injury history (53 games total in 3 seasons), I don't know where he gets off making interested teams wait. If I'm the Spurs I don't wait around for him. Unless he decides by today, I'd look elsewhere.

timvp
12-12-2011, 10:13 AM
how much per year?

I can't imagine he makes more than Dunleavy, who got $7.5 million over two years. Howard got a one-year, $3 million last season coming off of his knee injury and he didn't exactly prove that he's healthy.

My guess would be something around $5 million over two years would probably do it. But with the way his people are trying to artificially drum up interest, he might have to settle for even less.

tdunk21
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
i think howard wanted to go where Nene is going....

ohmwrecker
12-12-2011, 10:17 AM
lol "drug addict "

Redshadows
12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
I can't imagine he makes more than Dunleavy, who got $7.5 million over two years. Howard got a one-year, $3 million last season coming off of his knee injury and he didn't exactly prove that he's healthy.

My guess would be something around $5 million over two years would probably do it. But with the way his people are trying to artificially drum up interest, he might have to settle for even less.
If making JH an offer means RJ would be traded, it would be fine.
It's hard to say that JH who never played for the Spurs would be better than RJ who had been with the Spurs for two years.
I still think that the Spurs focused too much on Bulter to lose chance to get other good SF.

DesignatedT
12-12-2011, 10:28 AM
I'd take Howard for 2 years 6 mil if it also means RJ is gone. That's not a bad contract.

KuntryDude
12-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Shifting gears......i haven't heard a whole lot in the forum about Samuel Dalembert. Isn't he a FA this season? Would be a great addition to the squad i think....

mexicanjunior
12-12-2011, 10:41 AM
lol "drug addict "

I don't see what's so funny, he is an admitted pot head that would rather get high than stay eligible to play for his team. Exactly what this team needs I guess...

Russ
12-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Does he still partake in smoking the loco weed?

Everyone from Wake Forest does. :hat

Giuseppe
12-12-2011, 10:56 AM
lol "drug addict "

You crossed the line with a rapist in Neal. You should have no problem with this.

montgod
12-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Still don't like the thought of adding him but if he is going to be about business and the contract isn't bad... guess he is worth a flyer.

ElNono
12-12-2011, 12:07 PM
http://baltimoresportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/no-means-no.jpg

baseline bum
12-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Josh Howard the big FA addition? FML - the best we can hope for is tremendous failure this season pushing the Spurs into moving Tony to the Clippers for their Minnesota pick at the trade deadline (since Stern seems so intent on killing a Chris Paul deal).

Dex
12-12-2011, 12:40 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QGVQODNLIZU/S_MZp_uptBI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/A3Yf39zxG6E/s400/le+sigh.jpg

Mr Bones
12-12-2011, 12:44 PM
I'd rather buy Manu some cushioned sole inserts to make him 6'7-1/2" and start him at SF.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2011, 12:49 PM
You can't control who the FO gonna target. That's crazy, man.

12-12-2011, 01:14 PM
meh, the price is low (hopefully) and the reward might be high. spurs better be pursuing a big though. plugging the SF spot is peanuts compared to the gaping hole at center.

ohmwrecker
12-12-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't see what's so funny, he is an admitted pot head that would rather get high than stay eligible to play for his team. Exactly what this team needs I guess...
Criticize Howard for being lazy and injured all you like. I'm not advocating his acquisition, but calling out an NBA player for smoking weed is pretty silly.

You crossed the line with a rapist in Neal. You should have no problem with this.

I don't have a problem! I can quit anytime I choose!

Mr Bones
12-12-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd honestly rather have Kwame Brown, who would be a terrible fit with Pop-- at least he can defend the paint. I don't see Josh Howard helping at all, and if nothing else he sets a bad example of behavior and attitude for Leonard & Anderson.

mexicanjunior
12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Criticize Howard for being lazy and injured all you like. I'm not advocating his acquisition, but calling out an NBA player for smoking weed is pretty silly.

Maybe I should re-phrase...being a pot head and admitting it to the media without regard for his teammates or organization shows me he is not the kind of player this team should tolerate. Add to that his skills have eroded to D-League status since his injury and we really should not waste our time and money.

ColinB
12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/TheGairey/noooo1.gif

baseline bum
12-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Look at the bright side. At least they can't sign Bonner and Jefferson again like last year.

ohmwrecker
12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Maybe I should re-phrase...being a pot head and admitting it to the media without regard for his teammates or organization shows me he is not the kind of player this team should tolerate. Add to that his skills have eroded to D-League status since his injury and we really should not waste our time and money.

I don't disagree necessarily and I think Howard is a dumbass, but you said, "drug addict". I thought that was funny…so, I lol'd.

Obstructed_View
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
If there's actually an offer for JHo, this means that the Spurs will immediately amnesty RJ once they find a warm body to replace him, right?

ElNono
12-12-2011, 01:48 PM
If there's actually an offer for JHo, this means that the Spurs will immediately amnesty RJ once they find a warm body to replace him, right?

Right??

benefactor
12-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Yup. I'd take Howard if it makes RJ go away.

timtonymanu
12-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Josh Howard is slowing everything down even more than it has to be. Just hurry up and pick a damn place so the Spurs could move on.

GSH
12-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I heard a comedian say it's like looking for a girlfriend after a nuclear attack.

"Well... that one's not too badly burned."
:depressed

Obstructed_View
12-12-2011, 01:59 PM
This is sort of akin to keeping Finley after it was pretty clear that he'd stopped giving a shit. At least Howard has some experience, but can he do anything Bruce Bowen couldn't do at this point? I'm serious here. Seeing very little upside. If the Spurs want to get rid of RJ that bad, then just get rid of him. How many times do we have to learn this lesson that at some point you just accept the mistake and stop throwing money at it.

baseline bum
12-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Josh Howard is slowing everything down even more than it has to be. Just hurry up and pick Utah so the Spurs could move on.

fify

ElNono
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Josh is going to ponder his options while he smokes a big fat joint... http://katebushforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smoke_joint.gif

GSH
12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Josh is going to ponder his options while he smokes a big fat joint... http://katebushforum.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smoke_joint.gif

Heh. In the offseason, Josh does EVERYTHING slowly.

Mel_13
12-12-2011, 02:06 PM

Then he definitely picks San Antonio over Salt Lake City...

5in10
12-12-2011, 02:35 PM
JOSH HOWARD, SF (FREE AGENT -- UNRESTRICTED)
No projection | Player card

• Two-way forward who has battled knee problems. Athleticism on the wane.
• Decent midrange shooter and rebounder. Handles ball well for size.
• Has length to defend. Not a troublemaker but flaky persona a concern.

I still have no idea why Washington signed Howard; he played only 18 games after coming off knee surgery and looked much worse for the wear. Over the past three seasons he's now played only a total of 105 contests, so durability is very much at the forefront of concerns going forward.

The encouraging numbers from Howard's small sample of games suggest that rust appears to be a bigger problem than health. Howard's rebound rate was very strong, his block and steal rates matched those from his late Dallas years, and he was able to create shots at his usual clip; he just missed them all. But it's very unlikely that Howard would shoot 35.8 percent over a full season, especially with the benefit of a training camp. While he is 31, hasn't been able to stay healthy and is considered a bit "off," he might be a good low-cost gamble for the right team. That team, if you haven't guessed yet, is not the Wizards.

Josh Howards player profile by Hollinger. To his credit he was dead on for the spurs players profiles.

NASpurs
12-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Then it means he'll make his decision by next August.

Amuseddaysleeper
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM

He's taking his time because he's on weed minutes :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Would James Posey be worse than Howard?

loveforthegame
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
I'll be happy when all this speculation is over with. It's tiring.

TDMVPDPOY
12-12-2011, 03:01 PM
all 3 current ex wakeys all have one thing in common, bone on bone knees

NASpurs
12-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Amnesty deadline is in 4 days correct? Preseason starts in five days. I'm in the camp that thinks the Spurs are going to go with what they have.

timvp
12-12-2011, 03:10 PM
J-Ho looks pretty healthy in the video on this page:

http://www.joshhoward.com/?q=node/315

Considering the alternatives, I'm reluctantly on the Josh Howard bandwagon. But I would try to get him on a one year contract with the promise that he'll start and have the ability to increase his value for another dip into free agency next summer. Motivate Howard with money and it wouldn't be too surprising to see him produce something like 12 and 5.

koriwhat
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
a drug addict...

poor druggie can't even run up and down the court, play ball, or make millions because of his addiction, bud is killing him slowly. oh wait...

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2011, 03:14 PM
J-Ho looks pretty healthy in the video on this page:

http://www.joshhoward.com/?q=node/315

Considering the alternatives, I'm reluctantly on the Josh Howard bandwagon. But I would try to get him on a one year contract with the promise that he'll start and have the ability to increase his value for another dip into free agency next summer. Motivate Howard with money and it wouldn't be too surprising to see him produce something like 12 and 5.

I think you may be overestimating Howard. He strikes me as the kind of guy who has made all the money he thinks he needs and isn't going to put down the joint and bust his ass for anything.

mexicanjunior
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
poor druggie can't even run up and down the court, play ball, or make millions because of his addiction, bud is killing him slowly. oh wait...

Just because his athleticism allowed him to make some money in the NBA doesn't mean he isn't a pot head that will never stop being one. It's like this is a "Legalize It" board...LOL

stephen jackson
12-12-2011, 03:20 PM
he looked good in that video, better than rj
i rather have jho than rj
so sign him already

shraediggz
12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
This is GOOD news right?

I mean we sign JHo, we amnesty Dick, and when JHo goes down with a season ending injury 20 games in, we could finally plug Kawhi into the starting Lineup.

Right? Right!??!!

Then again... what if Pop decides to plug Bonner in at the 3 after such incident :(

This move scares me.

sananspursfan21
12-12-2011, 03:28 PM
of the options, gotta go with him

Dex
12-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Choosing between Josh Howard and Richard Jefferson is like choosing between a punch in the face or a kick in the nuts.

tp2021
12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Choosing between Josh Howard and Richard Jefferson is like choosing between a punch in the face or a kick in the nuts.

Is Jason Terry available?

Chomag
12-12-2011, 03:37 PM
I only wished the spurs Fo's negotiation skills was as good as their scouting.

bigfan
12-12-2011, 03:41 PM
Rather have RJ than that pot addicted lockerroom cancer J-Ho.

stephen jackson
12-12-2011, 03:42 PM
punch in the face>

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Rather have RJ than that pot addicted lockerroom cancer J-Ho.

It's totally medicinal though. Docs prescribed it for the side effects of treating lockerroom cancer.

Dex
12-12-2011, 03:45 PM
:lmao at all the people ragging on JHo's "pot addiction".

For the record, more than half of the guys in the NBA, including the Spurs, probably smoke pot in the offseason. They just aren't dumb enough to get caught with it.

Hell, I'd be highly surprised if Tim Duncan doesn't light it up when he can. Laid back guy? Plays a lot of video games? Comes from the Virgin Islands? Yeahhh....

Not to mention that like 80% of the people on this board probably toke, or aren't adverse to it...

GSH
12-12-2011, 03:47 PM

For the record, more than half of the guys in the NBA, including the Spurs, probably smoke pot in the offseason. They just aren't dumb enough to get caught with it.

Can't disagree with a lot of that. The one big difference is that Howard was stupid enough to be so outspoken about it. Between that and his performance, he reminds me of Ricky Williams.

Budkin
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
I'm still excited... I've always wanted the guy on our team. We should have been the ones to draft him.

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2011, 03:48 PM
For the record, more than half of the guys in the NBA, including the Spurs, probably smoke pot in the offseason.

LOL. Well, as long as it's for the record.

Budkin
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Hell, I'd be highly surprised if Tim Duncan doesn't light it up when he can. Laid back guy? Plays a lot of video games? Comes from the Virgin Islands? Yeahhh....

Not to mention that like 80% of the people on this board probably toke, or aren't adverse to it...

This.

Dex
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Can't disagree with a lot of that. The one big difference is that Howard was stupid enough to be so outspoken about it. Between that and his performance, he reminds me of Ricky Williams.

This I agree with 100%. Like I said....doing it is one thing, being dumb enough to get caught (or actually hang it out there) is another altogether.

It's fair to worry about Howard's intelligence, or candidness, or even the fact that he could face suspension if he were to get caught in similar dealings....but it's foolish to consider him a problem just on the lone fact that he smokes / has smoked pot before. People need to come out of the comfy little bubble that they are living in.

Dex
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
LOL. Well, as long as it's for the record.

Book it! :blah

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2011, 03:52 PM
This I agree with 100%. Like I said....doing it is one thing, being dumb enough to get caught (or actually hang it out there) is another altogether.

It's fair to worry about Howard's intelligence, or candidness, or even the fact that he could face suspension if he were to get caught in similar dealings....but it's foolish to consider him a problem just on the lone fact that he smokes / has smoked pot before. People need to come out of the comfy little bubble that they are living in.

It's not just that he smokes. It's all the other dumb shit he does. Throwing a party on a night when the coach specifically asked everyone to get some rest. Also some video he was on that had to do with the National Anthem or something. Can't remember. But he has a history of being stupid.

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Book it! :blah

LOL. Something about the phrasing "for the record" followed by the ambiguous "more than half probably" made me doubt the scientific research behind your statment.

timtonymanu
12-12-2011, 03:54 PM
I agree with Dex. It's not the pothead thing that repels Howard away from me. I know gnsf likes to throw out the Spurs = Class stuff but let's be real. Alot of people smoke pot.

My problem with J-Ho is simply his behavior. Had J-Ho been the one in Richard Jefferson's position, the thought of him being amnestied might have made him pull a Lamar Odom. At least RJ is acting professional about it right now. J-Ho would have been selling out the team by now.

Also Howard is much more injury prone than RJ. Granted, having RJ off the floor would be better but paying Howard to only play on average 50 games per season isn't worth it. We don't if Howard has anything left in the tank at this point.

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2011, 03:58 PM
It's not just that he smokes. It's all the other dumb shit he does. Throwing a party on a night when the coach specifically asked everyone to get some rest. Also some video he was on that had to do with the National Anthem or something. Can't remember. But he has a history of being stupid.

Here's an article about him being too hungover to play a game...
http://deadspin.com/5475685/josh-howard-party-monster

shraediggz
12-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by Dex View Post

punch in the face>

No! wait :nutkick:

Ahh, change my mind again....
:pimpslap

I'm just not sure!

wildbill2u
12-12-2011, 04:53 PM
The guy turned into a locker room cancer in Dallas. Although he had talent/physical ability his continuing strange behavior and comments led them to get rid of him.

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2011, 04:56 PM
The guy turned into a locker room cancer in Dallas. Although he had talent/physical ability his continuing strange behavior and comments led them to get rid of him.

Not to mention his frequent disappearing in the second half of games. Seemed like he'd put up great first half numbers and then was nowhere to be found during crunch time.

mexicanjunior
12-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Not to mention his frequent disappearing in the second half of games. Seemed like he'd put up great first half numbers and then was nowhere to be found during crunch time.

So he is pretty much Jefferson with a drug problem...

slick'81
12-12-2011, 05:15 PM
if he can stay healthy "IF" he might be more attractive and for less cash then rj?!?! i say go for it

silverblk mystix
12-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Jesus wept....

J-Ho is just as bad as RJ...maybe even worse....

Spurs front office and Pop just plain suck now...have sucked for years...

Just let Leonard play...and play him a lot...he will be just as good or as bad as these two morons...

Chomag
12-12-2011, 06:20 PM
I honestly would rather just go with and throw Leonard to the wolves and cram his game experience in as much as possible. However with Pop in charge rookies playing allot of minutes just will not happen.

This team is full of vets I have no idea why Pop could not just have the rookie out there to make mistakes and learn from them, and him being on the floor with the vets would be very beneficial for him. It is proven that a rookie can learn on the job, and not just on the sideline.

I just guess he needs to get over himself first...

Proxy
12-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Jesus wept....

J-Ho is just as bad as RJ...maybe even worse....

Spurs front office and Pop just plain suck now...have sucked for years...

Just let Leonard play...and play him a lot...he will be just as good or as bad as these two morons...

Okay.... lets just clear some things up here. RJ needs a pass first PG to thrive. In our system, his passive personality disallows him to fit here. Howard playing with Parker and Manu would be sick. Howard isn't going to be pussy in the playoffs either.

And your judgement of the FO is moronic. We've never signed big FA, and that's because they don't want to come here. Barry and amnesty paid, old Finely were the best signings we've had. Buford's success came in the draft.

Leonard should be good, if we gave Hill away. He'll get minutes. James Anderson will have his chance too. Stop spouting bullshit.

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Howard isn't going to be pussy in the playoffs either.

He's already proven to be a pussy in the playoffs. Have you even seen him play over time? He's not an assertive banger that's going to be a presence on the boards. If he's all that's left to get, then fine. But realize that he is a dumb problem case that from time to time will remind you how much potential he squandered. And that's the best case.

Buddy Holly
12-12-2011, 06:45 PM
We've never signed big FA, and that's because they don't want to come here.

The Spurs never have the money to sign big free agents. The last time they did, the big free agents resigned for more money.

I think the last big free agent signing we have was in 2000 when we had money to outspend other teams.

Russo21
12-12-2011, 07:45 PM

Dude that's classic lmao. Spurstalk hall of fame post. Man i can just imagine timmy sitting down in the virgin islands to a bong playing video games lol. I spent countless hours sitting down smoking playing NBA Live on Playstation lol, good shit. Nothing wrong with a bit of green here and there:p:Tim does fit the criteria for a classic stoner lol. Virgin islands, laid back dude, loves video games..

Russo21
12-12-2011, 07:50 PM
On a serious note. I havent been to yahoo today but id love josh howard on the spurs. Especially if he can get back to the rebounding monster he used to be. Time will tell.

Sean Cagney
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM

I remember Charles Oakley saying something that 75% of the NBA was high or something :wow:lmao:lmao I believe it too! I know there has to be Spurs who have smoked or do smoke, they are just not dumb about it.

slick'81
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
now imagine the big 3 chilln eating some heb products stoned off their ass talking about the good ol days now thats funny

Russo21
12-12-2011, 10:39 PM
now imagine the big 3 chilln eating some heb products stoned off their ass talking about the good ol days now thats funny

:toast:toast:toast

G-Dawgg
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Josh Howard is a bonehead, and I still hate him from his days in Dallas, but there is no denying that he is a nice 2 way player. He's a great scorer and a good man to man defender....If he can stay healthy and keep his shitty attitude in check, he could really help our team by being able to create shots for himself, something that RJ cannot do...

slick'81
12-12-2011, 11:11 PM
if j-ho is fully recovered hed be a steal but he hasnt been healthy for a few seasons now and hes 31

The_Worlds_finest
12-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Bring em!! Cant get any worse than Dick Jefferson!

GSH
12-13-2011, 12:10 AM

Some pictures have already leaked from those evenings:

http://www.livestream.com/filestore/user-files/chtwitcam_manuginobili/2011/03/17/e3c5bb4c-00f5-4025-8cf2-5acc6466289c_1.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/media/nba/2001/0525/photo/a_duncan_i.jpghttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0526dzA6wdd8G/613x459.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

sananspursfan21
12-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Some pictures have already leaked from those evenings:

http://www.livestream.com/filestore/user-files/chtwitcam_manuginobili/2011/03/17/e3c5bb4c-00f5-4025-8cf2-5acc6466289c_1.jpghttp://a.espncdn.com/media/nba/2001/0525/photo/a_duncan_i.jpghttp://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0526dzA6wdd8G/613x459.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

wow, they look legitimately gone offa reefer lol

ElNono
12-13-2011, 12:32 AM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2hyjk03.jpg

TimDunkem
12-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Oh man, I lol'd. :lol

Thanks for that.

timtonymanu
12-13-2011, 12:38 AM
F man. Why couldn't Butler choose the Spurs? We would be discussing threads about how Butler will contribute here. Instead, we have a pothead dragging shit out and still have RJ on the roster.

Dex
12-13-2011, 12:46 AM

:lmao

DarkGinobili
12-13-2011, 12:48 AM

:lmao:rollin

TimmehC
12-13-2011, 12:59 AM

:rollin:rollin:rollin

FkLA
12-13-2011, 01:04 AM
Why dont the Spurs take a look at Kirilenko? Might be out of Spurs' price range but its worth a shot, I doubt hes getting many other offers.

Texas_Ranger
12-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Why dont the Spurs take a look at Kirilenko? Might be out of Spurs' price range but its worth a shot, I doubt hes getting many other offers.

He'll stay in Russia. He's got a great contract there.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-13-2011, 01:22 AM
J-Ho will be injured 10 games into the season and we'll end up playing Anderson/Leonard/Green, like we should've done from the start.

It's time we bit the bullet and started playing all this youth we're stocking up on. The more games they get under their belt, the quicker they'll become competent players (or washouts).

mabrignani
12-13-2011, 01:29 AM
with j-ho comes nene

RuffnReadyOzStyle
12-13-2011, 01:31 AM
with j-ho comes nene

Oh yeah, with that magical capspace, or those awesome trade assets, that we have none of. :rolleyes

12-13-2011, 01:33 AM
with j-ho comes nene
lol i forgot about that. must be the spurs' master plan.

slick'81
12-13-2011, 01:48 AM
hey nono those gotta b heb brand tortilla chips homie :toast

jiggy_55
12-13-2011, 01:51 AM
J-Ho will be injured 10 games into the season and we'll end up playing Anderson/Leonard/Green, like we should've done from the start.

It's time we bit the bullet and started playing all this youth we're stocking up on. The more games they get under their belt, the quicker they'll become competent players (or washouts).

Great. I would rather this than see RJ for another full year.

Russo21
12-13-2011, 03:58 AM
fuck RJ. How bout Corey Brewer? He's long and versatile, skinny as a rake though but younger longer cheaper and better then RJ. Bring in stoner Josh Howard and tell him to crash the boards like the mofo that killed us in 2006. I don't think i could stand seeing RJ play for us any longer.

therealtruth
12-13-2011, 04:07 AM
I would take the 2006 version of Josh Howard that killed us. But it's almost 2012. Don't forget this is Josh "timeout" Howard.

Borosai
12-13-2011, 04:17 AM
Leonard > Everyone else

G-Dawgg
12-13-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm assuming it's pretty much a done deal that we get this knucklehead.... I could't imagine him being stupid enough to choose the Jazz over us....

NASpurs
12-13-2011, 08:16 AM
I'm assuming it's pretty much a done deal that we get this knucklehead.... I could't imagine him being stupid enough to choose the Jazz over us....

You're giving the man too much credit.

The Truth #6
12-13-2011, 09:16 AM
It sounds more and more like the Spurs haven't even really given him an offer. This could just be more motivation/humiliation for RJ to suck. Also, if Wojo is the one reporting this I'm taking it less serious.

FkLA
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Also, if Wojo is the one reporting this I'm taking it less serious.

You prefer scoops from the clowns they have at ESPN instead? Woj is the man tbh.

Obstructed_View
12-13-2011, 11:05 AM
It sounds more and more like the Spurs haven't even really given him an offer. This could just be more motivation/humiliation for RJ to suck. Also, if Wojo is the one reporting this I'm taking it less serious.

The more and more I keep looking at the sentence "Spurs make offer to Josh Howard", the more I hope it's not true.

Josepatches_
12-13-2011, 11:05 AM
I'd prefer RJ over him. At least he knows some of the plays.

ace3g
12-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Josh Howard meeting with Utah right now

timvp
12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
Josh Howard meeting with Utah right now

Good. Hopefully that means Josh Howard will make a decision soon.

BTW, why would Utah even want him? Rebuilding with Josh Howard makes no sense. He'd just be taking away PT from Gordon Hayward ... and that's not even considering that they might bring back AK47 or trade him for perimeter help.

Duncan2177
12-13-2011, 01:18 PM
I see Howard signing with the spurs.

Solid D
12-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Good point, timvp. It's interesting that SA and Utah, 2 teams that have traditionally had an all-business, no-nonsense approach, are rumored to have offered deals to Josh.

venitian navigator
12-13-2011, 01:23 PM

BTW, why would Utah even want him? Rebuilding with Josh Howard makes no sense. He'd just be taking away PT from Gordon Hayward ... and that's not even considering AK47.

After the 7 millions offer for one year to K. Brown (when they have Biedrins) I don't know what to think about most of nba front offices...

Redshadows
12-13-2011, 01:35 PM

BTW, why would Utah even want him? Rebuilding with Josh Howard makes no sense. He'd just be taking away PT from Gordon Hayward ... and that's not even considering that they might bring back AK47 or trade him for perimeter help.
Because Gordon Hayward is too handsome.

The Truth #6
12-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I like Wojo, but he seems to write about the Spurs a lot and often breaks Spurs stories. So, he has the ear of the FO. In my opinion, he'll write whatever they release to him and so he easily gets used by the FO. He's still a solid journalist, I just think he's part of their smoke machine from time to time. To get good access with the Spurs don't you have to be?

timvp
12-13-2011, 01:40 PM
Chris_Broussard
Portland, NJ, SA, Washington, Denver also interested in Josh Howard. SA, NJ, Wash and Utah have shown most interest.
:lol @ bidding war for Josh Howard. Oh well, doubt Spurs come out on top. If they are going to only offer Caron Butler 2 years and $10 million, they are probably offering Howard something like 1 year and $2.5 million.

ElNono
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Somebody just get the bottle off RC's hands please... and no, not you, McDonald...

ElNono
12-13-2011, 01:43 PM
I just can't wait to hear the Spurs offered a 3 year/$9 million deal, last year player option... then Pop coming out "We really wanted him. He's going to run around cones with me next summer if he sucks".

baseline bum
12-13-2011, 01:48 PM

So you're on the "blow it up" bandwagon too?

Muser
12-13-2011, 01:53 PM
So you're on the "blow it up" bandwagon too?

Add me on that bandwagon too. With next years draft being as stacked as it is i'm all up for blowing it up and tanking this season.

superbigtime
12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I want our studs Anderson and Leonard to develop. RJ is staying and at least he has corporate knowledge and support of his teammates. I don't want no J-Ho used up piece of shit, wasting these guys' PT. If the geniuses in the FO sign someone, sign someone to join the front court! Duh.:bang

underdawg
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Howard's a bum and the Spurs really don't need him - if the FO ends up wasting money on this guy it will be the icing on their cake of ineptitude. At least RJ has a better attitude.

timvp
12-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Jeff McDonald
Hearing it is unlikely Josh Howard gets the full $5 million mid-level from anyone.

:lol Thanks for the scoop. McDonald is also hearing that Steve Novak is also unlikely to get the full $5 million MLE.

benefactor
12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
:lol Thanks for the scoop. McDonald is also hearing that Steve Novak is also unlikely to get the full $5 million MLE.

Hoops Czar
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
What an absolute waste of time persuing broken down junk that nobody else wants. They just don't have a clue.

timvp
12-14-2011, 03:12 PM
Bogans for the minimum? :vomit: Can't believe I'm even pondering it.

He did play pretty well in Chicago last year, relatively speaking. Cheap. Could be a spot starter until someone like Leonard or JA beats him out. Might be enough to get Spurs to amnesty RJ.

Ugh ... but given the alternatives, a return of The Centerpiece isn't the worst possible ending.

Mel_13
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
a return of The Centerpiece isn't the worst possible ending.

what a sad state of affairs...

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Ugh ... but given the alternatives, a return of The Centerpiece isn't the worst possible ending.

The only thing worse is him and Bonner starting on opening day.

cantthinkofanything
12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
The only thing worse is him and Bonner starting on opening day.

Bonner starting is worse on its own.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Bonner starting is worse on its own.

No. Any scenario that's worse than Bogans is a combination of Bogans and something else.

slick'81
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
No. Any scenario that's worse than Bogans is a combination of Bogans and something else.

just imagine the centerpiece of shit,bonner and rj stacked bitches:lobt2:

cantthinkofanything
12-14-2011, 04:31 PM

maybe theoretically but in the real world, you can't have less than 0.

8FOR!3
12-14-2011, 04:39 PM
If only in my dreams...

PG Jacque Vaughn
SG Keith Bogans
SF Richard Jefferson
PF Steve Novak
C Matt Bonner

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 04:45 PM
maybe theoretically but in the real world, you can't have less than 0.

Then you obviously missed KB's first tour here. He gives some coaches the illusion of defense and produces nothing, that's less than zero.

cantthinkofanything
12-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Then you obviously missed KB's first tour here. He gives some coaches the illusion of defense and produces nothing, that's less than zero.

I wish I missed it. But if you are giving me a list of negatives and the first words out of your mouth are "Bonner starting", I'm already making sure there's a round in the chamber.

venitian navigator
12-15-2011, 11:34 AM
No news after his visit in Salt Lake City ?

SenorSpur
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
It should be apparent to most by now, that Josh Howard doesn't want to be a Spur and that is fine with me. What is also apparent to me is the guy hasn't changed. If he wanted to be a Spur, he would've already signed. As a matter of fact, if he wanted to be anywhere he would've already signed someplace.

The process of integrating into a new team, learning a new offensive and defensive scheme, on top of having to do it within the confines of a protracted training camp schedule, makes for an arduous challenge for any incoming new player (rookie or veteran)

While other veteran NBA players seem to get that and have already signed somewhere, Howard, in the meantime, is content on taking his sweet time. This simply tells me that this guy STILL has a low BBIQ and his team commitment should be severely questioned.

Again, I'm past the point where I'd like him on the Spurs. I'm just saying that, for whoever lands him, it doesn't appear that his behavior has changed. He still doesn't take his job seriously. Let the buyer beware.

Mel_13
12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
It should be apparent to most by now, that Josh Howard doesn't want to be a Spur and that is fine with me. What is also apparent to me is the guy hasn't changed. If he wanted to be a Spur, he would've already signed. As a matter of fact, if he wanted to be anywhere he would've already signed someplace.

The process of integrating into a new team, learning a new offensive and defensive scheme, on top of having to do it within the confines of a protracted training camp schedule, makes for an arduous challenge for any incoming new player (rookie or veteran)

While other veteran NBA players seem to get that and have already signed somewhere, Howard, in the meantime, is content on taking his sweet time. This simply tells me that this guy STILL has a low BBIQ and his team commitment should be severely questioned.

Again, I'm past the point where I'd like him on the Spurs. I'm just saying that, for whoever lands him, it doesn't appear that his behavior has changed. He still doesn't take his job seriously. Let the buyer beware.

Yes to this entire post.

tmtcsc
12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Josh Howard wants the most $$ he can squeeze out of an organization. The Spurs MAY have offered him pittance and he's hoping Utah believes he's worth more. Gotta believe a dumbass like Howard doesn't have much $$ left to speak of.

SenorSpur
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Josh Howard wants the most $$ he can squeeze out of an organization. The Spurs MAY have offered him pittance and he's hoping Utah believes he's worth more. Gotta believe a dumbass like Howard doesn't have much $$ left to speak of.

At this point, I wouldn't want the guy if he were to play for free. If the Spurs have offered him a contract, I'll pull and tell him to go elsewhere. After all, for a guy who has only played in 53 games in 3 years, how motivated can he be?

crc21209
12-15-2011, 01:17 PM
So Josh Howard still hasnt made up his mind huh? I gotta agree with Senor, the guy is showing that he's still a low IQ idiot. At this point, I'd rather stick with RJ, who knows the system, than going with an idiot whos missing valuable training camp time in Howard....

Fireball
12-15-2011, 01:26 PM
we keep RJ ... like last off-season the only solid small forward who wants to play for the Spurs

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
If only in my dreams...

PG Jacque Vaughn
SG Keith Bogans
SF Richard Jefferson
PF Steve Novak
C Matt Bonner

http://i.imgur.com/ihsmK.gif

SenorSpur
12-15-2011, 01:34 PM
we keep RJ ... like last off-season the only solid small forward who wants to play for the Spurs

Agreed. Besides, at least this year we have the anti-RJ on the roster. A player seemingly with some tenacity, defensive prowess and hunger, Kawai Leonard.

objective
12-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Agreed. Besides, at least this year we have the anti-RJ on the roster. A player seemingly with some tenacity, defensive prowess and hunger, Kawai Leonard.

Tenacity, defensive prowess and hunger wouldn't be fair to the team. We led the west in wins without Kawhi. - :pop:

SenorSpur
12-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Tenacity, defensive prowess and hunger wouldn't be fair to the team. We led the west in wins without Kawhi. - :pop:

And we see how that turned out in the playoffs.

lefty
12-15-2011, 02:29 PM
If only in my dreams...

PG Jacque Vaughn
SG Keith Bogans
SF Richard Jefferson
PF Steve Novak
C Matt Bonner
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3600000/Lucille-Animated-gif-arrested-development-3695265-320-240.gif

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 06:32 PM
Holy shit, when is this guy going to make a decision?

Dex
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM

He probably forgot which teams he's gotten offers from.

yavozerb
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM

Whenever someone other than SA and Utah gives him the most $ and years...Gurantee he does not want to play for either of these teams

DPG21920
12-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Josh Howard agrees to terms with........................................Utah.

IronMaxipad
12-15-2011, 07:01 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/status/147465359715344385

Josh Howard has agreed to terms with Utah, source says

DPG21920
12-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Appears to be a done deal per ESPN

DPG21920
12-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Well, at least now we know for sure. There isn't anyone out there the Spurs were likely really targeting enough to drop RJ. I called Anthony Parker a while ago, seems likely.

Man In Black
12-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Well, at least now we know for sure. There isn't anyone out there the Spurs were likely really targeting enough to drop RJ. I called Anthony Parker a while ago, seems likely.

Parker has signed with the Cavs, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer reports.

Spin: The 36-year-old could challenge for the Cavs' starting shooting guard job. Daniel Gibson and Parker should fight over the job in camp.

FkLA
12-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Not that Howard wouldve been a great pickup. But its pretty sad when Utah is a more enticing FA destination than San Antonio. The city must really have a boring, unattractive, reputation amongst NBA players (blacks).

DPG21920
12-15-2011, 07:16 PM
This off season is a failure at the moment. I wonder if RC's off season troubles had anything to do with the shuffling of feet? This one stings the most due to the position the Spurs are in with the Big 3's time coming to a close and the need to do something to give them a fighter's chance.

DPG21920
12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
:lol It looks like Howard signed a 1 year deal. Doesn't seem likely the Spurs really made an offer especially because I can't believe it would be more than 5-6M for that year.

Obstructed_View
12-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Thank baby Jesus. I'd rather have RJ.

Big P
12-15-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm guessing the fo will amnesty rj next year and have enough room to resign TD to a reasonable contract and go after a decent fFA.

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Gurantee he does not want to play for either of these teams

Not only do you suck at guaranteeing something but also you also suck at spelling guarantee. :lol

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Not that Howard wouldve been a great pickup. But its pretty sad when Utah is a more enticing FA destination than San Antonio. The city must really have a boring, unattractive, reputation amongst NBA players (blacks).

Yes, because no FA has ever signed with the Spurs. :lol

Stop reading too much into stuff.

Spurs probably offered less money or maybe never even made an offer (word only came from Howard's camp which was called out for lying).

underdawg
12-15-2011, 07:45 PM

Spurs probably offered less money or maybe never even made an offer (word only came from Howard's camp which was called out for lying).

In your opinion, who are the top 2 FA's the FO has signed since 2007?

stephen jackson
12-15-2011, 07:49 PM
:depressed

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 07:50 PM
In your opinion, who are the top 2 FA's the FO has signed since 2007?

They've never had the money to really sign anyone. But if you ask that question, I'd say, Dice and Drew Gooden.

8FOR!3
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank God. This guy did us a favor by signing with Utah.

underdawg
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
They've never had the money to really sign anyone. But if you ask that question, I'd say, Dice and Drew Gooden.

I'd like to believe that it's the money, but did the big 3's salaries go up so much after 2007 that all the Spurs could afford was "7 teams in <3 years" Gooden and 65 year old McDyess?

I understand that as a franchise, the Spurs have been as successful as a small market team could probably be. It just seems that it's becoming painfully clear that this FO doesn't have the mojo previously seen in the the pre-2007 FO. Spurs were still a small market team back then too.:toast

crc21209
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
The more I thought about it, the more I wouldve rather kept RJ than get Josh Howard anyway. On another note, Utah must have some pretty good weed if J-Ho signed there....:lol

timvp
12-15-2011, 08:14 PM
The two things I'm wondering:

1. How much did the Jazz end up paying him?

2. Did the Spurs really give him an offer?

Sean Cagney
12-15-2011, 08:14 PM
The more I thought about it, the more I wouldve rather kept RJ than get Josh Howard anyway. On another note, Utah must have some pretty good weed if J-Ho signed there....:lol

I personally would not want either one of them on this team damnit :depressed

FkLA
12-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Theres a certain type of player that signs here. Theyre either internationals or great character/older guys...Barry, Dice, Mason Jr, Finley, Horry, K. Thomas, etc. Regardless of whether theres money available or not, the typical and almost always more skilled NBA player rarely chooses San Antonio. Like I said J-Ho wouldnt have made much of a difference here but the fact that he chose Utah of all places when the Spurs had plans to possibly amnesty RJ is kind of sad. Pretty apparent that this city is not a very attractive destination.

FkLA
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I understand that as a franchise, the Spurs have been as successful as a small market team could probably be. It just seems that it's becoming painfully clear that this FO doesn't have the mojo previously seen in the the pre-2007 FO. Spurs were still a small market team back then too.:toast

This didnt just start in 07', its always been like this even when the Spurs were racking up trophies. The FO's mojo has always been drafting and uncovering young talent not signing big FAs. Although that has more to do with San Antonio not being a desirable destination than with them being inept.

Kind of greedy to call it a failure since they won 2 championships afterwards but the summer after 2003 was a huge disappointment imo...with better FA pick-ups were possibly talking three peats during that period. We had enough money to sign a max FA and pretty much only got Horry out of it. Hedo was a complete failure and Rasho was serviceable at best and eventually traded.

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Pretty apparent that this city is not a very attractive destination.

Pretty apparent that players go for money and not cities.

Cities only really factors in when the money's pretty much even from the teams offering it.

Either the money or playing time. It rarely comes down to whether the destination is "desirable".

Spurs have been cap strapped and rotation set for yes. Other teams not so much.

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 09:12 PM
This didnt just start in 07', its always been like this even when the Spurs were racking up trophies. The FO's mojo has always been drafting and uncovering young talent not signing big FAs. Although that has more to do with San Antonio not being a desirable destination than with them being inept.

Jesus, you contradict yourself.

Bottom line, the Spurs have been a consistent winner with a consistent and set roster since 2003.

Dallas hasn't been a FA "hot spot" either, they've relied on drafts and trades not being players in free agency.

Stop reading so much into things.

ChuckD
12-15-2011, 09:23 PM

Finley and Neal, if you're not counting our own players. Gooden was fucking awful. Dice was OK, but had less left in the tank when he got here than Fin. The only mistake they made was re-signing Finley. He was a corpse at the end of his first deal.

FkLA
12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Jesus, you contradict yourself.

Bottom line, the Spurs have been a consistent winner with a consistent and set roster since 2003.

Dallas hasn't been a FA "hot spot" either, they've relied on drafts and trades not being players in free agency.

Stop reading so much into things.

How am I contradicting myself? Ive pretty much been saying the same thing in all my posts in this thread. Dallas is much more attractive than San Antonio to NBA players btw, their problem had always been an inept FO and a bloated payroll more than anything.

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 10:01 PM
How am I contradicting myself? Ive pretty much been saying the same thing in all my posts in this thread. Dallas is much more attractive than San Antonio to NBA players btw, their problem had always been an inept FO and a bloated payroll more than anything.

LOL ok man. How ever you want to rationalize it with yourself. I'm also glad you seem to believe you have all the NBA players on your contact list. :lol

therealtruth
12-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Spurs FO have also been stashing alot of talent overseas. I am not sure you want to do that so much when you want to win now.

FkLA
12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
LOL ok man. How ever you want to rationalize it with yourself. I'm also glad you seem to believe you have all the NBA players on your contact list. :lol

So you think if the Mavs wouldve had enough money coming off their books to sign a FA to a max contract after this title they just won, that they wouldnt land one? I dont need to have every single player on my contacts list to realize they probably wouldve landed someone. Something San Antonio wasnt able to do after 03'.

Buddy Holly
12-15-2011, 11:30 PM
So you think if the Mavs wouldve had enough money coming off their books to sign a FA to a max contract after this title they just won, that they wouldnt land one? I dont need to have every single player on my contacts list to realize they probably wouldve landed someone. Something San Antonio wasnt able to do after 03'.

The 2003 FA field was weak to say the least and each big FA resigned for more money. Kidd resigned with a team that had just gone to the finals for more money. He had what he needed, money and a shot to win. That's all players want.

If you honestly believe there aren't a multitude of reasons for why FA sign where they do then I'm done arguing with you because I'd have more luck getting through a brick wall.

FkLA
12-16-2011, 12:29 AM
The 2003 FA field was weak to say the least and each big FA resigned for more money. Kidd resigned with a team that had just gone to the finals for more money. He had what he needed, money and a shot to win. That's all players want.

If you honestly believe there aren't a multitude of reasons for why FA sign where they do then I'm done arguing with you because I'd have more luck getting through a brick wall.

Yeaa theres a multitude of reasons, Im just saying all things being relatively equal (money, PT, etc)...the city will come into play and San Antonio doesnt seem to be highly thought of.

Spurs didnt just get turned down by Kidd and Oneal btw, even second-tier FAs looked elsewhere despite the Spurs having tons of cash to spend. Guys that werent necessarily coming from the best situations like Zo, Odom, Brand, B.Miller, etc.

objective
12-16-2011, 12:50 AM
How does the city of San Antonio and it's attractiveness to players even come up in a thread when the player chose Salt Lake City?

underdawg
12-16-2011, 12:51 AM
well, I'm glad at least the FO failed on this guy (http://deadspin.com/5868091/metta-world-peace-is-just-as-insane-as-ron-artest) in '08 and I remember a lot of folks on this board were sad when it fell through. There's my silver lining to the FO's ineptitude.

Obstructed_View
12-16-2011, 02:03 AM
The Spurs always seem to find free agent gems that are unexpected. Glenn Robinson comes to mind. Funny how we forget what a good addition he was to a championship team.

tmtcsc
12-16-2011, 09:13 AM
Buck Harvey article on the Spurs inability to attract FA's in 3....2....1...

FkLA
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM
^whats that sluts name tbh? I cant stop staring at your sig.

rascal
12-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Pretty apparent that players go for money and not cities.

Spurs have been cap strapped and rotation set for yes. Other teams not so much.

That is because the Spurs chose not to move any tradeable assets.

tmtcsc
12-16-2011, 01:43 PM
^whats that sluts name tbh? I cant stop staring at your sig.

Allison Brie. I found it here: www.thechive.com << Good Stuff

I. Hustle
10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Bump

xmas1997
10-25-2013, 01:12 PM
It is non guaranteed, so is this the beginning of ten day contracts?

monkeypunk
10-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Allison Brie. I found it here: www.thechive.com << Good Stuff

Co-sign on the Chive. KCCO!