PDA

View Full Version : Detroit is playing beautiful basketball

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 10:19 PM
It's obvious the Spurs aren't playing well, but it's moreso Detroit playing a great game.

They're defending, running, and it helps when their shots fall.

I'm glad that all of the "sweep" and "Manu for MVP" talk has ended.

These are the defending Champs, who, by the way, dismantled the heavily favored Lakers last year.

This will now become a great series--like it was supposed to be.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
Only if the Spurs respond.

Else, it will be 4-2 Pistons, just like the Lakers last year.

Fuck, I am pissed off.

Opinionater
06-16-2005, 10:20 PM
IMHO, you are correct sir!!!

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
God, I hope so. Before the series even started, I said this would be one of the best series ever if both teams showed up. So far, that hasn't happened. With the series maybe tied, maybe everyone will step up their game a few notches and we get treated to the series we were all hoping for.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Well you've definitely got the Gregg P_p_bitch post-game press conference down, too bad the problem is our _ffense.

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 10:22 PM
Else, it will be 4-2 Pistons, just like the Lakers last year.
Very possible with a Tim Duncan-led team, meaning he doesn't get in anybody's face, but instead keeps to himself.

Mario Elie would never have let this happen.

So now they'll have to figure it out on their own.

MiNuS
06-16-2005, 10:23 PM
this will be my last post until the Spurs start playing.Yes the Pistons are playing but Spurs are rattled. Forget about Manu the Great and Tim the Great.NADA!

'm going into virtual seclusion ... the darkside is ambushing the Jedi!

Shelly
06-16-2005, 10:23 PM
God, I hope so. Before the series even started, I said this would be one of the best series ever if both teams showed up. So far, that hasn't happened. With the series maybe tied, maybe everyone will step up their game a few notches and we get treated to the series we were all hoping for.

I hope you're right. Cuz this is pathetic.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 10:24 PM
Well you've definitely got the Gregg P_p_bitch post-game press conference down, too bad the problem is our _ffense.

No. The problem is everything. No defense, bad passing, too many passes, dumb basketball.

Oh, and Detroit is simply outplaying us. My only hope is that the Spurs have 2 days to go over film. Maybe Amy will threaten not to feed Tim, like Mrs. Wallace did to Ben.

Shit, at this point I'd just take a bad game from Detroit. Anything not to get "swept" again.

Leetonidas
06-16-2005, 10:24 PM

Do you ever bitch about anything but him? We wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for Pop, nor would we have 2 titles, so just shut the hell up and stop blaming him for everything. The Spurs are playing exactly like they did in Game 3. Everyone has their heads up their ass, and they're crying to the refs. No one is attacking, and when they are, they're missing. That is why we're losing.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 10:25 PM
They're playing great. But this time, no Spurs showed up. Even the Bobcats would have wupped us tonight.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 10:30 PM
My only hope is that the Spurs have 2 days to go over film.

What for? Pop will just stand there silently, because they know what they need to do.

Do you ever bitch about anything but him? We wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for Pop, nor would we have 2 titles, so just shut the hell up and stop blaming him for everything

The players change, the tendencies don't.

If Pop deserves all the credit for us having two rings, he deserves all the blame for us looking like shit.

We won two titles because of David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

Some people like watching their favorite team getting their teeth kicked in, I sure as hell don't.

Mr. Body
06-16-2005, 10:40 PM
My God do the Spurs look hideous. I can't even remember them playing well, this is so bad.

Leetonidas
06-16-2005, 10:41 PM
None of the players he's played have done anything, so the team sucked as a whole. They need to get their heads out of their asses.

Quasar
06-16-2005, 10:42 PM
This sucks...

It's turning out like the lakers series.

Win first 2 games like champs, then lose next 2 games playing like shit.

But this team has more balls than last year's team.

Right???

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
But this team has more balls than last year's team.

Do they?

E20
06-16-2005, 10:46 PM
Pop isn't playing Detroit defense but, please why all the P'n'R's SHIT! All that does is waste shot clock time. Detroit always steps out on the pick making penetration or a shot attempt impossible but, we keep on doing it 5 times in one possession.

Once again:
Pop isn't playing suffocating D
Pop isn't making TD, Manu, Tony and the rest of the Spurs suck.

Missed layups killed us. 1/2 footers killed us. Wide open shots killed us. Playing unaggressive killed us. Spurs need to step it up next GAME!!!!

All credit is due to Detroit's D and they were just on fire during the game. I think that was Pop's fault aswell.

geerussell
06-16-2005, 11:07 PM
There will always be a group of fans ready to throw the coach under the bus at the first whiff of trouble. The spurs are lucky to have Pop.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Hey, if the P_plovers want him to get all the credit when we win, that's fine. I'll be more than happy to give it to him.

BUT that also means it's all on him when we lose.

Which is it going to be?

THE X-FACTOR
06-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Best game I have seen the Pistons play in years even with Rip Hamilton not being about to buy a jump shot. If Rasheed Wallace ever shows up for an entire game then the Pistons will be tough to beat.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:50 PM
Best game I have seen the Pistons play in years even with Rip Hamilton not being about to buy a jump shot. If Rasheed Wallace ever shows up for an entire game then the Pistons will be tough to beat.

Agreed, Pistons played best ever. Better would have been 'Sheed going off. So we've seen the best. Now we know who we up against.

Spurs in 6.

THE X-FACTOR
06-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Sheed normally has at the very least one big game each series so I hope it's game 5. Good sign was Hamilton having a very bad night shooting the Pistons still blowing out the Spurs. Heck even Darko looked awesome on the baseline.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Sheed normally has at the very least one big game each series so I hope it's game 5. Good sign was Hamilton having a very bad night shooting the Pistons still blowing out the Spurs. Heck even Darko looked awesome on the baseline.

So this goes the same for Tim. He needs to have his BIG game this series yet.

THE X-FACTOR
06-17-2005, 12:09 AM
So this goes the same for Tim. He needs to have his BIG game this series yet.

Game 1 is about the best you can hope to get out of Tim against the Pistons.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 12:14 AM

I would take another 24/17 game. I still think Duncan has it in him.

G-Nob
06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Relax guys. If they're gonna do it, its gonna be out home floor. We ain't gonna be an easy out.

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 12:27 AM
It's obvious the Spurs aren't playing well, but it's moreso Detroit playing a great game.

They're defending, running, and it helps when their shots fall.

I'm glad that all of the "sweep" and "Manu for MVP" talk has ended.

These are the defending Champs, who, by the way, dismantled the heavily favored Lakers last year.

This will now become a great series--like it was supposed to be.

Well said. I agree, should be an exciting finish.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:27 AM

:lol you just showed your ignorance right there!!!

remember this when you see Duncan going off

Brutalis
06-17-2005, 12:28 AM
The Lakers werent shit last year. So mentioning that lost all credibility in the purpose of this thread. Lakers were overrated, the end.

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 12:34 AM

Won by 31 with Chauncy and Rip shooting a combined 9 for 30. That won't happen again. Awesome!!!

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 12:41 AM
The Lakers werent shit last year. So mentioning that lost all credibility in the purpose of this thread. Lakers were overrated, the end.

...and they beat the Spurs were the best in the West and were annihilated by the Pistons in the Finals, so what's your point?

p.s. the statements rhetorical so don't bother responding, it's obvious you are incapable of formulating intelligent thoughts.

"reason" = due exercise of the faculty of logical thought

Budkin
06-17-2005, 12:42 AM
The Pistons aren't going to have that energy on the SBC floor. Hopefully the Spurs will have it back. And for everyone thinking about last year against the Lakers, we won't have to go back on the road for a Game 6. We get the last 2 in our building where we are nearly unbeatable. Manu is going to own the Pistons in San Antonio, and Timmy will find the fire again. And I still think we can take Game 5 since the Pistons aren't going to be playing with the back-to-the wall mentality. They are going to be way overconfident.

PistonFreak
06-17-2005, 12:44 AM
What for? Pop will just stand there silently, because they know what they need to do.

The players change, the tendencies don't.

If Pop deserves all the credit for us having two rings, he deserves all the blame for us looking like shit.

We won two titles because of David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

Some people like watching their favorite team getting their teeth kicked in, I sure as hell don't.

Your an idiot. I read your, jumping off the ship thread, after the first loss. Your not a fan your a t.v. watcher. 90% of the Pistons fans would take Popovich in a heartbeat.