12-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Who wins the super bowl?

Call it now

Blake
12-12-2011, 02:52 PM
my money is on the field.

Darth_Pelican
12-12-2011, 02:54 PM
When is the last time the team with the best record in the regular season won the SB?

The field.

DeadlyDynasty
12-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Ravens and Giants are the only teams who can beat them, imo. That being said, NYG might not make the playoffs and Flacco will probably choke before the SB, so I'll take Green Bay.

The Gemini Method
12-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Tebow and then the wrath of all the non-believers will happen after the Super Bowl and that is it--we exist no more.

tlongII
12-12-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't see anybody beating Green Bay.

Tradition
12-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Ravens and Giants are the only teams who can beat them, imo. That being said, NYG might not make the playoffs and Flacco will probably choke before the SB, so I'll take Green Bay.

The giants cant beat green bay. Gtfo of here with that. The saints stand a much better chance. Rodgers would have his way with that d. The packers d is better than the giants d.

LakerHater
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
The packers d is better than the giants d.
both Ds suck!

Tradition
12-12-2011, 05:53 PM
both Ds suck!

Packers d sucks less. Funny how you think the giants are good enough to beat the best team in football now. Giants were riding a 4 game losing streak and all of a sudden they are contenders cuz they beat the cowboys?

Tradition
12-12-2011, 05:55 PM
Let me guess lakerhater, you think the giants can go into the superdome and hang with brees in a shootout?

Tradition
12-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Also, how the fuck can you take the giants over the steelers? They have the better qb and a way better defense.

DeadlyDynasty
12-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Easy son, you're getting way too worked up over this.

The Giants have hung with some great competition while playing the most brutal schedule I can remember. They've faced Brees, Brady, and Rodgers--and they've held their own (although that NO game did end up getting out of hand). They can chuck the ball and rush the passer with the best of them, and their QB is the best in the 4th quarter.

The Saints are unbeatable at home but often look pedestrian on the road (sometimes incompetent), the Falcons and Cowboys have playoff chokers at QB, and the Niners are a nice story, but let's be real--they're not doing shit either with Alex Smith at QB.

The Giants (especially Eli) have been there before, and taken the hard road to boot. I would not want to face that team "IF" they make the playoffs.

DeadlyDynasty
12-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Also, how the fuck can you take the giants over the steelers? They have the better qb and a way better defense.

Steelers can't beat the Packers, we saw that last year. Steelers don't look as good on D this year--Pack has improved on O(shit, they're 12-0 for fucksake)

Tradition
12-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Easy son, you're getting way too worked up over this.

The Giants have hung with some great competition while playing the most brutal schedule I can remember. They've faced Brees, Brady, and Rodgers--and they've held their own (although that NO game did end up getting out of hand). They can chuck the ball and rush the passer with the best of them, and their QB is the best in the 4th quarter.

The Saints are unbeatable at home but often look pedestrian on the road (som
l
letimes incompetent), the Falcons and Cowboys have playoff chokers at QB, and the Niners are a nice story, but let's be real--they're not doing shit either with Alex Smith at QB.

The Giants (especially Eli) have been there before, and taken the hard road to boot. I would not want to face that team "IF" they make the playoffs.

The giants are mentally weak. You are giving them way too much credit. They havent done jack shit since 08 now you are saying the packers should be scared of them? Seriously! You do realize the giants will have to beat rodgers and brees on the road to win the nfc dont you! They beat the cowboys and all of a sudden they are a threat.

Tradition
12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Steelers can't beat the Packers, we saw that last year. Steelers don't look as good on D this year--Pack has improved on O(shit, they're 12-0 for fucksake)

By that theory, the giants stand even less of a chance vs the pack than they did a year ago. Giants d was top 10 last year and lost 45-17 to green bay in pretty much a playoff game. You contradicted yourself there.

DeadlyDynasty
12-12-2011, 07:27 PM
The giants are mentally weak. You are giving them way too much credit. They havent done jack shit since 08 now you are saying the packers should be scared of them? Seriously! You do realize the giants will have to beat rodgers and brees on the road to win the nfc dont you! They beat the cowboys and all of a sudden they are a threat.

Dude, why are you so mad at me suggesting the Giants would be a dangerous playoff team?:lol

Nevermind the fact that I keep saying "if" they make the playoffs...or the fact that I said I would choose Green Bay over the field.

I gave my reasons. They've held their own against some of the best QB's and teams (and no, I'm not including Romo) this year, and they're still in the playoff hunt. What other team had to run a gauntlet like they just did? Yet they're still afloat.

I like New Orleans too, but fact of the matter is they are a much different team outside. Giants put up the points inside or outside and they have an elite pass rush.

The Giants are a dangerous team if they get in...do you really think the Falcons, Cowboys, Bears or Lions would beat them in the first round? Please.

After that, they would be a tough out...one again that's "if" they make the playoffs

LakerHater
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Packers d sucks less. Funny how you think the giants are good enough to beat the best team in football now. Giants were riding a 4 game losing streak and all of a sudden they are contenders cuz they beat the cowboys?

Let me guess lakerhater, you think the giants can go into the superdome and hang with brees in a shootout?
All I said was " both Ds suck!"

By that theory, the giants stand even less of a chance vs the pack than they did a year ago. Giants d was top 10 last year and lost 45-17 to green bay in pretty much a playoff game. You contradicted yourself there.
Well Giants D isnt in the top 10 & the barely lost to Green Bay!

Theyve got a tough schedule & are doin okay with it.
Dont hate so much!

Pelicans78
12-13-2011, 01:08 AM
If the Saints had a better defensive coordinator, they could hang with the Pack. However, they don't. And they don't run the ball enough on the road which is why they always look pedestrian.

LnGrrrR
12-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Field.

JoeTait75
12-13-2011, 12:15 PM
I agree that the Giants would at least have a puncher's chance. They have the QB to make plays in a big game (can't believe I'm saying that about Eli, but he's a lot better than I've given him credit for) and they can pressure the passer.

Their main weakness defensively is against the run but the Packers wouldn't even try to exploit that.

Pelicans78
12-13-2011, 01:02 PM
The Giants secondary is too terrible to have a chance at Green Bay. And they don't stop the run either. But their offense could keep up on the road. The Saints have been a crappy road team which is alarming. Payton has some explaining to do.

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Their main weakness defensively is against the run but the Packers wouldn't even try to exploit that.

But their offense could keep up on the road. The Saints have been a crappy road team which is alarming. Payton has some explaining to do.

Both good points. I just think the Giants are capable of playing great anywhere. I don't get that sense with SF, NO, or any of the other contenders not named the Packers.

On the flipside, the Giants can put up a stinker anywhere too. Wouldn't be that surprised if they shit the bed against Washington this week. They're an enigma.

DMC
12-13-2011, 10:34 PM
GB. I don't see anyone beating them. I don't think they will fold like the Pats did. I could be wrong.

DMC
12-13-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't see anybody beating Green Bay.

Shit, they're fucked now.

BRHornet45
12-14-2011, 01:39 AM
Saints

the Saints went into their house and only lost by one score after being stopped short at the goal line. the Saints outscored the Packers 27-21 in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters and if not for the fluke 1st quarter they would have won the game. Brees threw over 100 more yards than Rodgers in that game and the Saints had more offense. the fumble by Colston blew the game

Darth_Pelican
12-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Saints

the Saints went into their house and only lost by one score after being stopped short at the goal line. the Saints outscored the Packers 27-21 in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters and if not for the fluke 1st quarter they would have won the game. Brees threw over 100 more yards than Rodgers in that game and the Saints had more offense. the fumble by Colston blew the game

I agree. The Colston fumble was huge. It gave the Pack a 14-0 lead, and the Saints couldn't recover from it.

The Saints outplayed the Pack after that 14-0 lead, and I do agree that the Saints can beat the Pack in a rematch IF, and only if, it isn't snowing on gameday.