PDA

View Full Version : romo is the anti tebow

ducks
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
:lol

slick'81
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
yup instead of digging himself a hole then climbing out ala tebow romo jumps out to what seems an insurmountable lead then runs out of gas

December Romo
12-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey fucks...keep my name out of your mouth you retarded shit eater.

leemajors
12-13-2011, 02:47 PM
romo didn't get worked for two late tds, but that missed throw was killer.

Harry Callahan
12-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Romo has never had an elite defense as the starter. This defense has never been able to protect leads Romo and the offense.
Romo has never had an elite running back (until maybe this year). Demarco M is the best runner has has ever had an it showed this year.
Tim Tebow will not accomplish anything close to Romo. He has a defense that can hold the score down against all those great AFC West teams. A division that is actually even worse that the AFC South and NFC East this year.

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Romo has never had an elite defense as the starter. This defense has never been able to protect leads Romo and the offense.
Romo has never had an elite running back (until maybe this year). Demarco M is the best runner has has ever had an it showed this year.
Tim Tebow will not accomplish anything close to Romo. He has a defense that can hold the score down against all those great AFC West teams. A division that is actually even worse that the AFC South and NFC East this year.

Romo still has believers:lol

DAF86
12-13-2011, 08:01 PM

And what is that exactly?

Obstructed_View
12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
Tebow's secondary is way less turrible.

4>0rings
12-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Still trying to figure out what Romo has accomplished in the NFL.

I agree though, he's never had a good defense.

DMC
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Still trying to figure out what Romo has accomplished in the NFL.

I agree though, he's never had a good defense.
He fucked Jessica Simpson. He wouldn't have done that working at Target.

Axe Murderer
12-13-2011, 11:17 PM

tbh Callahan did nail it on the head though.

the Cowboys ever since the Parcells era are known to have defenses that put up good statistical numbers but can never get a stop when they need to. That's why I refuse to think this team will ever seriously contend for a superbowl until they overhaul their defense.

This is the kind of defense that never wins in the playoffs. I'll take a team like the Steelers or Packers who might give up a lot of meaningless yards during a game but you know they'll get a stop when they have to instead of the gimmicky team who doesn't give up as many because of sacks and a ball control offense

Harry Callahan
12-13-2011, 11:52 PM
And what is that exactly?

Where can I start- Let's see
1) Throw a spiral pass for more than 30 yards for one thing.

2)Play in the Pro Bowl three or four times in his career (I know that the Pro Bowl is not the be all and end all).

3) Pass for 3000-4000 yards every year he has plays a full season.

Nothing against Tebow, but running from the quarterback position in the NFL on a regular basis will not allow for a long career. Tebow is a great person, but is lack of throwing ability will catch up to him eventually.

Seriously, the shortcomings of Dallas (little success in the playoffs) while Romo has been the starter go way beyond him.

Look at the running backs he's had until this year. Julius Jones, Marion Barber, Felix Jones - Just guys. The offense has alway been pass happy and has not been able to grind it out except for maybe 2007 when Barber was an above average back before cashing in with the big check and essentially quiting.

Nobody seems to remember that in 2007 when Dallas had a really good regular season and HFA throughout the playoffs, Terrell Owens had a significant injury just before the playoffs ( a high ankle sprain) where he was nowhere near 100% in the NY Giants playoff game. Remember Terry Glenns knees gave out that year (the guy was a great 2nd receiver) and Patrick Crayton was the number 2 and dropped a sure TD pass in the second half of the Giants playoff game.

Dallas has been trying (and mostly failing) with regards to putting a high quality defense on the field. Bill Parcells put in a 3-4 defense and was unable to get enough players in place at one time to shut teams down when it mattered in the fourth quarter. The D under Wade Phillips had a bit more talent but the same tendency to bend and eventually break late in games. Parcells in particular failed to draft enough quality players by blowing a number of 1st 2nd and 3rd round picks on guys from 2003 to 2006 who could not play. Every Offensive Lineman Parcells drafted for Dallas COULD NOT PLAY IN THE NFL. Just remember George Young built those great Giants teams of the late 80s early 90s, not Bill Parcells. Bill Parcells thought Drew Bledsoe was the answer at QB in 2005 and thought A. Rodgers was not worth using the 20th pick in the draft that year (he thought the great Marcus Spears would be a better NFL player). Just imagine, Aaron Rogers and Demarcus Ware in the same draft. WOW!

Dallas has generally had to outscore opponents the last 5-6 six years and it eventually does not work. The defense has to get stops when it counts and that just does not happen with any regularity. We would be looking at a 10-3 or 9-4 record right now if the defense could play consistently well. The new D-Coordinator is trying to work with a group very limited in overall talent. When you have only 1-2 decent DLinemen (Hatcher and Ratliff), 2 quality linebackers (Ware and Lee) and maybe two decent corners (Jenkins-when healthy and Scandrick) and average to below average safetys, that is a recipe for trouble. 34 points should have been enough this week. This defense has spit the bit five or six times this year. You have to have more than six or seven high quality players on defense to succeed. Terrance Newman is not very good, and Allen Ball should be in the Arena League right now. Outside of Ware and Lee, there are no playmakers on that side of the ball. Jenkins has been on the shelf for about half the time. He can play well when healthy.

Romo is not perfect by any stretch, but he's done some really good things this year after being out most of last year. He is not a top five quarterback, but he is a top ten QB in my opinion right now and most of the past five years.

DAF86
12-14-2011, 12:05 AM
Where can I start- Let's see
1) Throw a spiral pass for more than 30 yards for one thing.

2)Play in the Pro Bowl three or four times in his career (I know that the Pro Bowl is not the be all and end all).

3) Pass for 3000-4000 yards every year he has plays a full season.

All very important things I see.

either way:

1)

Ickp0sJVmOU

2) This is the first season he's got meaningful amount of time as a starter and he's already four in QB voting, he will probably be there at the end of the seaon having been on the bench for the first 5 games.

3) He has never played a full season so you don't know that. But even if doesn't, who cares about how many yds he throws for if his teams wins. That's like saying Ducan sucks 'cause he never averaged 30 pts per game like Iverson did.

Harry Callahan
12-14-2011, 12:25 AM
All very important things I see.

either way:

1)

Ickp0sJVmOU

2) This is the first season he's got meaningful amount of time as a starter and he's already four in QB voting, he will probably be there at the end of the seaon having been on the bench for the first 5 games.

3) He has never played a full season so you don't know that. But even if doesn't, who cares about how many yds he throws for if his teams wins. That's like saying Ducan sucks 'cause he never averaged 30 pts per game like Iverson did.

I get tired of people blasting Romo for all of the Cowboys shortcomings. When the threadstarter insinuates that Tony Romo if the complete polar opposite of Tim Tebow and it is meant in a bad way, I want to provide a little balance and perspective.

Vince Young's teams won a lot of games for awhile, he used his legs alot initially but he never could get over the hump in the end. I see a similar situation with Tebow - his running ability is great but you can only last so long doing that. It's great that his team is winning a lot games in a very poor division, but Tebow is going to have to improve in a lot of ways as a QB to have a long and productive career as a QB. He has a lot of intangibles, but there has to be more than that at some point in the near future. I don't think John Elway (his boss) is totally sold on Tebow as a player right now.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 01:01 AM
I like Tebow, and I'm happy that he's doing well because he seems like a nice kid. But it's probably just a matter of time until teams stop running prevent defense and his winning streak becomes a distant memory. I hope I'm wrong, but it's probably what will happen.

What makes you want to throw a bottle through your tv screen about Romo is also what makes him great. They're going to have to unleash him at some point.

Blake
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
:lol

Would you rather have Tebow or Romo as your starting QB?

dirk4mvp
12-14-2011, 01:09 PM
What's the status of the VY krew on Tebow's nuts? Are they latched on firmly? Lots of parallels between the two.

Death In June
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Tebow on this cowboys team would fail miserably. A large part of any success Dallas has is inherently tied to Romos productivity. He's averaged about 300 yards/game for his career, his TD/TO ratio is good, he hast the fifth highest passer rating in the NFL. I don't understand what the expectation is.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
tbh Callahan did nail it on the head though.

the Cowboys ever since the Parcells era are known to have defenses that put up good statistical numbers but can never get a stop when they need to. That's why I refuse to think this team will ever seriously contend for a superbowl until they overhaul their defense.

This is the kind of defense that never wins in the playoffs. I'll take a team like the Steelers or Packers who might give up a lot of meaningless yards during a game but you know they'll get a stop when they have to instead of the gimmicky team who doesn't give up as many because of sacks and a ball control offense

I hear ya bro, but Romo is still a mentally weak choker. That Cowboy team is (and has been) STACKED with talent on the offensive side of the ball for years now. On defense they haven't been playmakers--you're right on that--but Romo hasn't picked up the slack or done them any favors either.

He's having a great statistical year so far, but he's also single-handedly given away 2 games (NYJ, DET). The Cowboys would be comfortably in the driver's seat of the NFC East had he used his brain.

I believe this is his 6th year as a starter in the league, and he's still making rookie mistakes. It's a pretty big indictment on him, b/c the coach's lack of trust in him has cost the Cowboys 2 more games (NE and AZ)--when more aggressive play-calling was needed.

Yes his defense is bad, but look at New England's...they're complete dogshit but Brady picks up the slack.

What other offense has/had weapons as good as these?

Murray/Jones
Witten
Austin
Dez
Robinson

As a whole, those weapons are as good as any team. I know Austin was out for awhile, but the Cowboys also had a good record while he was gone.

The point is that Romo just isn't a big-game QB. He's beaten 1 team that's currently over .500 I think (Niners in OT), and his playoff games are marred with failure. His only win came against the Eagles when I believe he had a top 3 defense and running game--but then lost next week by 30 points.

He's the Philip Rivers of the NFC

Death In June
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't think Romo necessarily makes rookie mistakes, it's more that he makes risky throws at inopportune times. That's been his biggest fault, and it's not something that's going to go away. It's what makes him a better than average QB and what pulls in the most criticism. Brett Favre made a career out of that style, and so will Romo.

The personnel he has on offense is also overstated. He has a rookie offensive line that has just started to improve its play over the last couple of weeks, but continues to allow quite a bit of pressure, bad snaps, etc. The receiving core? How well did Austin produce when Romo went down last year? Robinson? He was cut, and average at best before that. Dez has a lot of natural ability, but consistently makes errors on his routes.

Maybe he's not an elite QB, but he's a lot better than people give him credit for and blaming Romo for singularly losing games is probably a poor interpretation of what happens over the course of a football game.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
He ABSOLUTELY lost them the Detroit and NYJ games. Fumbling on the goal-line and throwing quite possibly the dumbest interception in NFL history to end the game (wtf are you throwing in Revis's direction for in the first place, let alone right at him?). The Detroit game was epic Romo. Up 27-3 and throwing 2 pick-sixes, then setting them up at the end of the game w/ another mind-numbingly stupid pick. You're right, I'm not even sure rookies would make those mistakes.

You can call his talent and o-line overrated or inexperienced, but after 6 years when are people gonna realize the dude just ain't a winner? Like Philip Rivers, he's got great skill and can make a ton of throws, but they're both chokers.

If he can't get them to the playoffs this year then he needs to be involved in the overhaul, imo. They lucked out with the Eagles shitting the bed, the Giants being their usual schizo selves, and the Skins sucking cock. The division has been there for the taking. Now they finish with @TB, PHI, and @NYG--all winnable games with the team they have.

Axe Murderer
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Romo hasn't picked up the slack or done them any favors either.

Actually he has plenty of times. I can think of a ton of games in the Romo era where the defense has played like dogshit and Tony has won them the game. On the flip side, I can't think of any vice versa scenarios. Every time Tony Romo has a bad game, they always lose. The defense never seems to bail him out.

He's having a great statistical year so far, but he's also single-handedly given away 2 games (NYJ, DET). The Cowboys would be comfortably in the driver's seat of the NFC East had he used his brain.

The Jets game really wasn't all him tbh even though everyone makes it out to be. When the Boys were up 24-10, the Jets scored 1 TD with Sanchez looking like Montana with three of our DBs out and the other was off a blocked punt. The Detroit game was all on him which is why he's not an elite QB.

Yes his defense is bad, but look at New England's...they're complete dogshit but Brady picks up the slack.

Well Brady>>>>>>>Romo, not arguing that. Still saying Romo is a top 10 QB in the league though and he is not the main issue with this team.

His only win came against the Eagles when I believe he had a top 3 defense and running game--but then lost next week by 30 points.

The 09 defense was the best defense he ever had but i can still remember a few games that season alone where they were unable to protect leads/get a stop when it mattered

He's the Philip Rivers of the NFC

i can live with that

Bill_Brasky
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Tony has lost 2 games for us this season, NYJ and DET. He only plays on one side of the ball.

The other games have been poor defense and coaching decisions. JG is not the right guy to coach this team.

leemajors
12-14-2011, 02:43 PM
He ABSOLUTELY lost them the Detroit and NYJ games. Fumbling on the goal-line and throwing quite possibly the dumbest interception in NFL history to end the game (wtf are you throwing in Revis's direction for in the first place, let alone right at him?). The Detroit game was epic Romo. Up 27-3 and throwing 2 pick-sixes, then setting them up at the end of the game w/ another mind-numbingly stupid pick. You're right, I'm not even sure rookies would make those mistakes.

You can call his talent and o-line overrated or inexperienced, but after 6 years when are people gonna realize the dude just ain't a winner? Like Philip Rivers, he's got great skill and can make a ton of throws, but they're both chokers.

If he can't get them to the playoffs this year then he needs to be involved in the overhaul, imo. They lucked out with the Eagles shitting the bed, the Giants being their usual schizo selves, and the Skins sucking cock. The division has been there for the taking. Now they finish with @TB, PHI, and @NYG--all winnable games with the team they have.

I think you're letting Garrett of the hook a bit here too. He has a horrible tendency to forget even thinking about running the ball or pretending to be balanced, setting Romo up to fail.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2011, 02:54 PM
The Jets game really wasn't all him tbh even though everyone makes it out to be. When the Boys were up 24-10, the Jets scored 1 TD with Sanchez looking like Montana with three of our DBs out and the other was off a blocked punt. The Detroit game was all on him which is why he's not an elite QB.

He still fucked them over hardcore with his careless fumble on the goal-line, then that inexplicable pick to Revis. I know he was trying to make a play on the scramble, but how many times can we defend the guy for "taking risks" or "trying to make a play" when it backfires in the clutch.

Well Brady>>>>>>>Romo, not arguing that. Still saying Romo is a top 10 QB in the league though and he is not the main issue with this team.

I'm not saying Romo is the main problem, I'm just saying he's not the answer at QB. Every time it looks like he's turned the corner, he does something stupid again.

In reality, with as bad as the defense has supposedly been, they're only the OBVIOUS culprit in one game:

NYJ: I think the blame falls to Romo for the stupid turnovers, but if somebody wants to give half the blame to special teams, so be it.

DET: Unequivocally Romo.

NE: Coaching.

PHI: The entire team/coaching staff sucked. 34-7.

AZ: Coaching

NYG: Defense

In the two "coaching" losses it's important to ask why JG would be hesitant to have the ball in a Top-10 QB's hands at the end, when more aggressive play-calling could've won them the games (Better field position in AZ, going for TD's against NE)? Was he worried Tony would do something stupid?

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
I think you're letting Garrett of the hook a bit here too. He has a horrible tendency to forget even thinking about running the ball or pretending to be balanced, setting Romo up to fail.

Fair point. My point is that Romo should not be absolved if the Cowboys fail again this season. He's had a big part in the chokage as well.

Bill_Brasky
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
In the two "coaching" losses it's important to ask why JG would be hesitant to have the ball in a Top-10 QB's hands at the end, when more aggressive play-calling could've won them the games (Better field position in AZ, going for TD's against NE)? Was he worried Tony would do something stupid?

JG has a tendency to make the wrong decision in the wrong situation.

Against the Jets, he had a comfy lead and instead of running the ball and killing clock, he kept with the passing offense, which not only gave them more time to come back but led to the fumble/pick(which is Tony's fault, don't get me wrong). Against NE, he had a small lead and decided to try to run out clock with the run game and rely on his defense to get a stop instead of going with the pass/play-action offense and keeping the ball out of Brady's hands. He gave the ball back to Brady and pretty much invited him to run a successful 2 minute drill. You were right about that in the game thread BTW.

Basically, Garrett doesn't realize that against mediocre QB's like Sanchez, you can employ running game/defense strategy in the fourth quarter because your defense will likely be able to shut him down, and all you have to do is NOT turn the ball over, which is less likely when you run. Against elite QB's like Brady, you have to keep the ball out of their hands in the last few minutes when you have a narrow lead. Period.

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2011, 03:24 PM
JG has a tendency to make the wrong decision in the wrong situation.

Against the Jets, he had a comfy lead and instead of running the ball and killing clock, he kept with the passing offense, which not only gave them more time to come back but led to the fumble/pick(which is Tony's fault, don't get me wrong). Against NE, he had a small lead and decided to try to run out clock with the run game and rely on his defense to get a stop instead of going with the pass/play-action offense and keeping the ball out of Brady's hands. He gave the ball back to Brady and pretty much invited him to run a successful 2 minute drill. You were right about that in the game thread BTW.

Basically, Garrett doesn't realize that against mediocre QB's like Sanchez, you can employ running game/defense strategy in the fourth quarter because your defense will likely be able to shut him down, and all you have to do is NOT turn the ball over, which is less likely when you run. Against elite QB's like Brady, you have to keep the ball out of their hands in the last few minutes when you have a narrow lead. Period.

No doubt, JG's coaching has been a comedy of errors this season. Unfortunately, Jerry Jones just gave him a ringing endorsement and said he'd be around for awhile.:lol

I do think you're right in that he's wholly mismanaged Romo, but I also think some of Romo's on-field decisions have played into the clusterfuck that is the Cowboys present situation.

Spurminator
12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
How is Romo the anti-Tebow? Is he not praying hard enough for field goals? He put them in position both of the last two games.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 04:16 PM
If Romo had a kicker who could hit from 70 yards, the Cowboys would likely have won the last two games.

Bill_Brasky
12-14-2011, 04:29 PM
No doubt, JG's coaching has been a comedy of errors this season. Unfortunately, Jerry Jones just gave him a ringing endorsement and said he'd be around for awhile.:lol

I do think you're right in that he's wholly mismanaged Romo, but I also think some of Romo's on-field decisions have played into the clusterfuck that is the Cowboys present situation.

The key is to see if Garret learns from his mistakes and comes out and gets it done next year by dominating the division. Im tired of excuses, as you said earlier the Cowboys have way too many offensive weapons to not be putting up 25 per game.

Romo shares a lot of blame too, he is the offensive leader and should be making better decisions/audibles when he sees certain things from the D.

DAF86
12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
The thread tittle is spot on, Romo is the anti-Tebow or if you like Tebow is the anti-Romo.

Tony is very talented and most of the time he plays well but he makes the worst mistakes at the most critical times.

Tim is very limited passing the ball and he sucks most of the time but he very rarely makes mistakes and is money on crunch time.

weebo
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Romo is not a championship caliber qb. Good qb but not championship caliber. Sorry.

Blake
12-14-2011, 07:24 PM

dbreiden83080
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM

He doesn't have Emmitt Smith and one of the best O lines of all time..

Axe Murderer
12-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Romo is not a championship caliber qb. Good qb but not championship caliber. Sorry.

Neither was Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, etc.

Romo is definitely nowhere near the calibre of Rodgers, Manning, Brady in the fact that he can carry a team by himself to a title

but IMO he's still a top 10 QB in the league, and it's not easy to come across guys like that so you might as well stick with him and hope that you can get the help he needs instead of turning it all over

BanditHiro
12-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm not saying Romo is the main problem, I'm just saying he's not the answer at QB. Every time it looks like he's turned the corner, he does something stupid again.

Then who the hell is the answer at QB...Drew Bledslow Quincy Carter Drew Henson Ryan Leaf?

lefty
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Romo needs to team up with this guy

TBH

http://gifsoup.com/view7/3229524/great-nfl-touchdown-o.gif

DeadlyDynasty
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Then who the hell is the answer at QB...Drew Bledslow Quincy Carter Drew Henson Ryan Leaf?

What a terrible post:lol. At least bump had some decent reasons for defending the guy.

Comparing a decent qb to a bunch of garbage from the past does not help your case. If anything, it only solidifies my point even more. Cowboy fans are starved for playoff success and clutch qb play. I'm a Bills fan and we've been pining for those things since Jim Kelly retired.

Dallas is not used to this...they are used to being America's Team, with qb's like staubach, white, and aikman. So after a few frustrating years of bad qb play, cowboy fans are quick to anoint the next great qb b/c he's got a ton of talent--irregardless of how much he sucks in critical moments in big games. He gets more pardons from cowboy fans than any player i can remember.

The guy is a fucking veteran at this point in his career and he's still giving away games in hilariously inept fashion.

Is he talented? Hell yeah. Is he physically tough? Yes, he's proved that. Is he mentally tough? Absolutely not.

He can only take you so far. I agree with BUMP that he's a Top 10 qb as of now and that he can't carry a team on his back--but at the end of the day don't you need that ability from your QB? Dilfer and Johnson benefited from some of the greatest defenses ever, and this was back when every rule change didnt favor the offense.

If you wanna win in today's nfl, you better have a boss at qb who can make things happen in the clutch.

BanditHiro
12-14-2011, 11:31 PM
What a terrible post:lol. At least bump had some decent reasons for defending the guy.

Comparing a decent qb to a bunch of garbage from the past does not help your case. If anything, it only solidifies my point even more. Cowboy fans are starved for playoff success and clutch qb play. I'm a Bills fan and we've been pining for those things since Jim Kelly retired.

Dallas is not used to this...they are used to being America's Team, with qb's like staubach, white, and aikman. So after a few frustrating years of bad qb play, cowboy fans are quick to anoint the next great qb b/c he's got a ton of talent--irregardless of how much he sucks in critical moments in big games. He gets more pardons from cowboy fans than any player i can remember.

The guy is a fucking veteran at this point in his career and he's still giving away games in hilariously inept fashion.

Is he talented? Hell yeah. Is he physically tough? Yes, he's proved that. Is he mentally tough? Absolutely not.

He can only take you so far. I agree with BUMP that he's a Top 10 qb as of now and that he can't carry a team on his back--but at the end of the day don't you need that ability from your QB? Dilfer and Johnson benefited from some of the greatest defenses ever, and this was back when every rule change didnt favor the offense.

If you wanna win in today's nfl, you better have a boss at qb who can make things happen in the clutch.

Wait so how many QBs in the league can actually carry a team? and please don't say Brady because these past few seasons have indicated he can't. He has been consistently dick punched from the playoffs mostly because he lost his once reliable defense that helped win the patriots 3 rings.

I can think of maybe Rodgers and Manning and Rodgers is a stretch because his defense gives up a ton of yards but usually makes plays and did mask Rodgers terrible NFC championship game against the Bears. Brees in a similar boat.

In actually there is only one QB who can truly carry a garbage team, Peyton Manning.

It's a team sport unless Romo get's a consistent defense there is really nothing the cowboys will ever do, and if you seen Romo this year (which you haven't except for those losses pinned on him) you would know he has been pretty clutch. Last two losses he gave the team a chance to win by putting them in field goal range on the last drive of the game...it's not his fault his team can't perform under pressure.

Blake
12-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Wait so how many QBs in the league can actually carry a team? and please don't say Brady

Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Roethlisberger, and Vince

Obstructed_View
12-15-2011, 12:11 AM
And they're all fabulous cornerbacks.

Bill_Brasky
12-15-2011, 12:18 AM
I think both sides are right. Cowboys need to either:

1) Use the fact that they are the Cowboys to land a legit top 5 QB that can carry a team on a deep playoff run.

2) Build the team to where Tony Romo doesn't have to play like a top 5 QB every single game and constantly bail out the defense/coaching mistakes. Would probably require hiring a known coach who is defensively-minded, and require the defense to get stops in critical situations.

Either way, what they're doing year in and year out isn't working in playoff games. Something has to change.

Dex
12-15-2011, 02:06 AM
and Vince

:lmao

Dex
12-15-2011, 02:12 AM
Really though, Tony has played well the past few weeks. In the previous two games, he played solid in the fourth quarter, and led drives in the waning minute to put his team in the position to win (or at least tie) the game.

It's not his fault that his dumbass coach decided to ice his own kicker, that his defense can't protect 12 point leads, that Felix Jones suddenly reverts back to being Felix Jones when it really matters, that his kicker who hit 26 straight suddenly can't hit two in a row, or that his offensive line can't hold back the defense from a block.

Tony made two big mistakes against the Giants...falling into the end zone in the first quarter, and over-throwing his pass to Austin. The first was pretty inexcusable, considering he had his leading receiver wide open, but the second I can let go. That game shouldn't have come down to one blown pass.

Not that this excuses all of his past ass-hattery, but Romo isn't really to blame for the Cowboys current rendition of December woes.

Bill_Brasky
12-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Really though, Tony has played well the past few weeks. In the previous two games, he played solid in the fourth quarter, and led drives in the waning minute to put his team in the position to win (or at least tie) the game.

It's not his fault that his dumbass coach decided to ice his own kicker, that his defense can't protect 12 point leads, that Felix Jones suddenly reverts back to being Felix Jones when it really matters, that his kicker who hit 26 straight suddenly can't hit two in a row, or that his offensive line can't hold back the defense from a block.

Tony made two big mistakes against the Giants...falling into the end zone in the first quarter, and over-throwing his pass to Austin. The first was pretty inexcusable, considering he had his leading receiver wide open, but the second I can let go. That game shouldn't have come down to one blown pass.

Not that this excuses all of his past ass-hattery, but Romo isn't really to blame for the Cowboys current rendition of December woes.

This.....he hasn't been the "December Tony" we're all used to seeing....

But his team is playing like the "December Cowboys".

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2011, 03:08 AM
i was watchin what look like a replay of the NY VS DALLas game

how dallas lost in the final 4 seconds of play, wtf does the NYG get to call a timeout when they are defending....lame rules man

Obstructed_View
12-15-2011, 08:39 AM
If I were the owner of the Giants, I'd have fired Coughlin if he DIDN'T ice the Cowboys' kicker.

weebo
12-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Neither was Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, etc.

Romo is definitely nowhere near the calibre of Rodgers, Manning, Brady in the fact that he can carry a team by himself to a title

but IMO he's still a top 10 QB in the league, and it's not easy to come across guys like that so you might as well stick with him and hope that you can get the help he needs instead of turning it all over

Dil fer and BJ had stout defenses the year they won. The cowboys not so much. Is he a top ten? More like top 12. But that's neither here or there. However, the fact still remains he is not a championship qb simply because he is not good enough to overcome his team's shortcomings.

Blake
12-15-2011, 01:00 PM

leemajors
12-15-2011, 01:06 PM
I would take Romo with the Broncos D.

Blake
12-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I would take Romo with the Broncos D.

Would anyone take Tebow with the Cowboys D?

Funny how none of the Romo hatin/Tebow nuthuggers want to answer this

TE
12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I would take Tebow with the Cowboys D.

BanditHiro
12-15-2011, 02:55 PM

Are you that desperate to see Tebow fail.

DeadlyDynasty
12-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Definitely Romo over Tebow...he's a nice little story, but i just dont see that brand of football being successful for consecutive seasons against nfl defenses. The dolphins wildcat schtick was only good for a year too.

Blake
12-15-2011, 03:16 PM

Only took three pages

benefactor
12-15-2011, 03:30 PM
Definitely Romo over Tebow...he's a nice little story, but i just dont see that brand of football being successful for consecutive seasons against nfl defenses. The dolphins wildcat schtick was only good for a year too.
I've used this exact example with most of the people I talk about it with. He's a novelty...and nothing else.

Axe Murderer
12-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Dil fer and BJ had stout defenses the year they won.

Exactly, and I can list other non-elite QBs who needed some help to win a superbowl.

It really comes down to this. What do you think is easier? Trying to build around a very good but not "elite" QB (Romo) or just blow it all up and keep trying to draft the next Brees/Brady/Manning?

IMO definitely the former

weebo
12-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Exactly, and I can list other non-elite QBs who needed some help to win a superbowl.

It really comes down to this. What do you think is easier? Trying to build around a very good but not "elite" QB (Romo) or just blow it all up and keep trying to draft the next Brees/Brady/Manning?

IMO definitely the former

Not build but rebuild around Romo and Murray. Start with that sad excuse of an O line then work your way to the entire defense and special teams.

manufan10
12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Not build but rebuild around Romo and Murray. Start with that sad excuse of an O line then work your way to the entire defense and special teams.

I'd actually start with the defense. They need the most work done.

The O-Line just needs a little patchwork. I think they need to move Tyron Smith to LT and move Doug Free to RT for starters.

Obstructed_View
12-16-2011, 03:28 PM

Not sure what team you've failed to watch, but the o line is very good. You want to rebuild something, start with the secondary. Then get a defensive coordinator that doesn't blitz at the wrong times.

Bill_Brasky
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
Would anyone take Tebow with the Cowboys D?

Funny how none of the Romo hatin/Tebow nuthuggers want to answer this

I'd give him a couple of games....Denver was 1-4 before Tebow, now their defense has magically turned it on...Cowboys D could use a spark.

Axe Murderer
12-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Start with that sad excuse of an O line

what do you think we just did this offseason?

And our O-line has gotten better throughout the season. Definitely not the weak point

Blake
12-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I'd give him a couple of games....Denver was 1-4 before Tebow, now their defense has magically turned it on...Cowboys D could use a spark.

maybe Tebow would have saved the Cowboy's kicker from getting iced over.

Obstructed_View
12-16-2011, 06:10 PM

He prays better.

Bill_Brasky
12-16-2011, 06:36 PM

Wonder what he said to Prater before that 58 yarder?

ducks
12-16-2011, 11:01 PM

tebow without question
tebow did not have trainging camp this offseason
the seacond season training camp is huge for quarterbacks
he also watches alot of film
if elway works with him this offseason watch out (he says he will)

ducks
12-16-2011, 11:04 PM
with tebow o he keeps the other teams quarterback off the field
keeps his d fresh

Obstructed_View
12-17-2011, 02:14 AM
ducks r stupid

weebo
12-17-2011, 10:42 AM
I'd actually start with the defense. They need the most work done.

The O-Line just needs a little patchwork. I think they need to move Tyron Smith to LT and move Doug Free to RT for starters.

I'd start with the O line since I feel it would take the cowboys longer to build a good defense. The pieces are the there for the cowboys to be a dominant offense they just really need to have a better O line.

weebo
12-17-2011, 10:44 AM
what do you think we just did this offseason?

And our O-line has gotten better throughout the season. Definitely not the weak point

didn't you see the giants pressure romo with a four man rush? on offense the o line is the weak link.

LakerHater
12-18-2011, 03:10 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/tebow-snl-sketch-video/

vander
12-18-2011, 11:14 AM
with tebow o he keeps the other teams quarterback off the field
keeps his d fresh

you'd think this would be true with that style of offense, but the Broncos lead the league in 3-and-outs

Pelicans78
12-18-2011, 11:54 AM
wonder what he said to prater before that 58 yarder?

"kick it hard! Jesus loves you!"