PDA

View Full Version : TP: James Anderson Is Tearing It Up!

Man Mountain
12-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Jeff McDonald
Tony Parker calls James Anderson the surprise of training camp so far. He's expecting big things.

Starting SF???

PDXSpursFan
12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Translation: He'll suck during regular season :bang

lefty
12-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Andersoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-13-2011, 03:30 PM
6th man is what I'm hoping for.

lefty
12-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Pop: " backup PG/SF "

timvp
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
JA looks like he's lost a good amount of weight since last season. It's too bad he hasn't been able to play in summer league yet in his career. That would have been a perfect environment for his style of play.

gospursgojas
12-13-2011, 03:50 PM
With all the negativity on the board concerning free agency, rj, Bonner etc....justifiably so.....at least JA, Neal, and Leonard give us a Lil bit to he excited about.

lefty
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
With all the negativity on the board concerning free agency, rj, Bonner etc....justifiably so.....at least JA, Neal, and Leonard give us a Lil bit to he excited about.
Yup

Go For Tree
12-13-2011, 03:58 PM
He should be starting at 2 for sure this year.

A Manu and Neal led charge off the bench is great and preserves Manu a bit.

Don't you just get the feeling the Spurs leading scorer this year will not be Tony, Tim or Manu? Is this good news. Hope so. Just have to hurry up and wait. :wakeup

Tuddy
12-13-2011, 03:58 PM
Hopefully we run plays for him. Seems like someone that will tear it up coming off screens.

Solid D
12-13-2011, 04:06 PM
If he starts it will be at SG.

Pop played James at the 3 many times before he got injured last year. He even had James defending LBJ when Miami came to town for a preseason game. You can't get caught in the compartmentalizing game with the Spurs. The bigger wing on the floor at the time matches up accordingly on D.

objective
12-13-2011, 04:06 PM
"Playing James Anderson wouldn't be fair to RJ or the cones." - :pop:

Fireball
12-13-2011, 04:11 PM

Put in Splitter in there as well and thats what I'm talking about the whole time ...

12-13-2011, 04:12 PM
our backup PF!

DesignatedT
12-13-2011, 04:14 PM
The FO had to be pretty confident in James' future when trading Ghill. I'm excited to see Anderson on the court this season.

cantthinkofanything
12-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Put in Splitter in there as well and thats what I'm talking about the whole time ...

If all that plays out with Splitter, Anderson, Neal, and Leonard being a competent core group that can be build upon after the Big 2 (and TP) leave, then Pop will have proven himself smarter than I give him credit for. But I'm skeptical right now. In any event, it'll be cool to watch these young guys play.

Fireball
12-13-2011, 04:19 PM
This new core would still lack a superstar, so you are right being sceptical. But it would be nice to see some young blood tearin' it up ...

cantthinkofanything
12-13-2011, 04:30 PM
This new core would still lack a superstar, so you are right being sceptical. But it would be nice to see some young blood tearin' it up ...

I'm actually pretty excited about this season. I don't put a lot of hope in getting another ring but am looking forward to seeing the future. Will be really pissed and disappointed (but not totally suprised) if Pop doesn't give them good playing time.

wildbill2u
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Woudn't it be fine if Neal came back and found Anderson was on a par with him in the rotation. Fuck a standard 8 man rotation. I could see our young guns coming onto the floor in waves, running the other teams into the ground with energy and the ability to play different positions.

There's more than one way to win ball games.

chazley
12-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Spurs fans in general are fuckin retarded, we're going to have amazing depth this season and that is HUGE in this condensed season. We are a LOCK for a top 4 seed, and the odds on favorite to repeat as the #1 seed in the West.

All the haters need to jump off the bangwagon now before we start tearing it up this season.

underdawg
12-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Spurs fans in general are fuckin retarded, we're going to have amazing depth this season and that is HUGE in this condensed season. We are a LOCK for a top 4 seed, and the odds on favorite to repeat as the #1 seed in the West.

All the haters need to jump off the bangwagon now before we start tearing it up this season.

Finally - someone gets it! Too much negativity around here. What many haters fail to understand is that the Spurs have a strategy that they haven't quite perfected, but this is the year that it comes to fruition!

Stay with me on this -
-the Spurs will spread the floor with 3 point shooters and allow TP or Manu to drive and dish to the open shooter when a defender challenges them.
-Spurs will have near 80% 3 pt shooters this year, so offensive rebounding shouldn't be a factor and size underneath really won't matter either.

With a shortened season jump shots, 3 pointers and transition D will = championship! One more thing - the shortened season will also help the Big 3 because there will be less games!

ElNono
12-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Spurs fans in general are fuckin retarded

Full MLE :lmao

urunobili
12-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Last season, he was getting as many minutes (or more) as Gary Neal was until the first injury. I am hopeful that if healthy, he'll average close to 20mpg this season. If he starts nailing that 3 constantly, the depth chart won't look too bad.

stephen jackson
12-13-2011, 05:46 PM
he played great last year till he got hurt.. hes got alot of talent hopefully he plays alot this year

Seventyniner
12-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Anderson coming back and playing well is basically an addition to last year's team, which we all seem to forget was pretty good in the regular season. Avoid bad matchups in the playoffs this year and the Spurs could go far.

Solid D
12-13-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/photos/101009_44.jpg

DPG21920
12-13-2011, 06:26 PM
JA is a baller on both ends. :lmao Reggie Williams getouttaherewitdatstuff

baseline bum
12-13-2011, 06:29 PM
RC is supposedly in love with his game, and hence the Hill trade. I can't wait to see how James comes out this season.

DPG21920
12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
You saw how he played last season, right? I mean, I am a little surprised at how little people on this board talk about how good he was playing before he got injured. He surprised a lot of people with his defense (we know he can score) and showed he has deceptive athleticism and is a solid shot blocker for his position.

Muser
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Anderson coming back and playing well is basically an addition to last year's team, which we all seem to forget was pretty good in the regular season. Avoid bad matchups in the playoffs this year and the Spurs could go far.
Yeah let's just hope we don't come across a team who can dominate our shit big man rotation, like most of the league.

Obstructed_View
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Yep. I think it's a shame that Pop never bothered to get him back into the lineup after his injury. Think how nice it would have been to have Ja ready to go when RJ shit the bed toward the end of the season.

Obstructed_View
12-13-2011, 06:33 PM
He was out of shape and overwieght that is why he played SF last year, plus we had no one else. He is smaller now about 210 and at 6-5 6-6 that is not a good size for SF esp when your not a great athlete

Wrong and wrong and wrong. Sorry, but you've clearly not watched the guy play.

DPG21920
12-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Before he got hurt, I don't think his numbers will jump off the page at you, but he was giving quality minutes. His 3PT shooting was pretty damn good and like I said, he played some solid defense. It was a small sample and he struggled when he was back, but he looked gassed and out of shape from the injury.

He was having a positive impact when healthy.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Wrong and wrong and wrong. Sorry, but you've clearly not watched the guy play.No shit, who is this guy talking about?

Mel_13
12-13-2011, 06:36 PM
You saw how he played last season, right? I mean, I am a little surprised at how little people on this board talk about how good he was playing before he got injured. He surprised a lot of people with his defense (we know he can score) and showed he has deceptive athleticism and is a solid shot blocker for his position.

Probably because it was the first six games of the season. Last game was on Nov 10th. Lots of folks hadn't started watching the NBA that early on.

Brazil
12-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Yeah let's just hope we don't come across a team who can dominate our shit big man rotation, like most of the league.

:lol

don't be pessimistic we will better, I mean last year Tiago played 3 mn a game now he is ready for 6 mn !

Bill_Brasky
12-13-2011, 07:01 PM
James is surprisingly athletic. I remember in that game where Dice got the game winning tip against the Lakers he guarded Kobe for a stretch and seemed very capable, though out of shape at the time(which was understandable coming off the injury).

Excited and optimistic about a healthy breakout season from this dude. :tu

timvp
12-13-2011, 07:05 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/photos/101009_44.jpg

A rare ducks sighting.

Buddy Holly
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
A rare ducks sighting.

:rollin

SenorSpur
12-13-2011, 07:14 PM
James is surprisingly athletic. I remember in that game where Dice got the game winning tip against the Lakers he guarded Kobe for a stretch and seemed very capable, though out of shape at the time(which was understandable coming off the injury).

Excited and optimistic about a healthy breakout season from this dude. :tu

Coming in, I simply thought of Anderson as a shooter. However, his athleticism and defense was surprising to me too. He had a few blocks, and seemed to move his feet well for a guy that really didn't know what he was doing. He was working himself into a good groove there for a minute, before he got injured.

smrattler
12-13-2011, 07:31 PM

I would say a franchise player and a superstar or two more. I see a bunch of role players right now. Could be a great set of role players one day but that's about it probably.

Blackjack
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Full MLE :lmao

One of my better trolls.

spursince#99
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
James Anderson is the next Brandon Roy without the injury issues. We go as he go. MARK MY WORDS

The_Worlds_finest
12-13-2011, 10:51 PM
Finally - someone gets it! Too much negativity around here. What many haters fail to understand is that the Spurs have a strategy that they haven't quite perfected, but this is the year that it comes to fruition!

Stay with me on this -
-the Spurs will spread the floor with 3 point shooters and allow TP or Manu to drive and dish to the open shooter when a defender challenges them.
-Spurs will have near 80% 3 pt shooters this year, so offensive rebounding shouldn't be a factor and size underneath really won't matter either.

With a shortened season jump shots, 3 pointers and transition D will = championship! One more thing - the shortened season will also help the Big 3 because there will be less games!

Dude I like the optimistic thinking, but the team who shoots a high percentage shot is going to win 4 out of 7 games. But im on board. GO SPURS GO

Russ
12-13-2011, 10:57 PM
James Anderson is the next Brandon Roy without the injury issues.

Yep, no injury issues with Andy. :)

5in10
12-13-2011, 10:59 PM
James Anderson is the next Brandon Roy without the injury issues. We go as he go. MARK MY WORDS

I see him more as a Joe Johnson type...I dont see him as the playmaking/passing skills that roy had.

Splits
12-13-2011, 11:09 PM
and is a solid shot blocker for his position.

Ummm, he played 26 games averaging 11 min/game last season and blocked 6 shots. I don't know what a solid 2/3 shot blocker puts up, but it is more than that.

objective
12-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Coming in, I simply thought of Anderson as a shooter. However, his athleticism and defense was surprising to me too. He had a few blocks, and seemed to move his feet well for a guy that really didn't know what he was doing. He was working himself into a good groove there for a minute, before he got injured.

I remember loving those blocks.

Jefferson would get regular season blocks as well, but it seems to my memory his blocks were mostly off the ball.

But I believe Anderson's were all or mostly from on the ball situations. Lots of guys can get off the ball blocks when the shooter is unsuspecting, they're usually very emphatic and elicit oohs and aws.

But give me a guy on the wing who stays with his man and can still block his shot. That's how Bowen would get his rare blocks, on his man. Dirk in the playoffs, Billups in game 7 2005, sign me up for that.

sasffl
12-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Starting SG, manu goes to bench

ace3g
12-14-2011, 02:25 AM
Parker calls Anderson ‘surprise of camp’

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/12/13/parker-calls-anderson-surprise-of-camp/

Spurs notebook: Healthy Anderson anxious to show his stuff

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/12/13/spurs-notebook-healthy-anderson-anxious-to-show-his-stuff/

temujin
12-14-2011, 02:32 AM
hints that season tickets sales are way down.

angelbelow
12-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Ummm, he played 26 games averaging 11 min/game last season and blocked 6 shots. I don't know what a solid 2/3 shot blocker puts up, but it is more than that.

serially.

UnWantedTheory
12-14-2011, 02:34 AM
Great to hear

Bruno
12-14-2011, 02:35 AM
With Hill gone and the crazy schedule, putting Manu on the bench seems like a natural move to do. It will allow Pop to manage his minutes more easily and Spurs second unit won't suffer too much of Hill's loss.

Anderson is the best candidate to take the starting SG spot.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 03:01 AM

If you're looking at stats, he blocks 1 shot per 48 minutes, which would be sixth in the league among guards last year, or about the same rate as Nicolas Batum or Dorell Wright.

objective
12-14-2011, 03:10 AM

when I refer to his defense and his blocks, I'm referring to the first 6 games of the year mostly.

Before he broke his foot, fattened up, and was out of the rotation save for blowouts and games where other players ahead of him were inactive. He was out of sorts after he came back.

In those first 6 games, he blocked 3 shots. The first 6 games he was quite a big part of the rotation, averaging 19 minutes a game, getting 7 points per game, shooting 50% from 3, and when he wasn't making rookie mistakes was generally making smart plays.

I would rather see Anderson play 48 minutes and RJ play 0, every day.

SenorSpur
12-14-2011, 03:48 AM
I could see a scenario in which JA would assume the starting 2-guard spot - especially on B2Bs nights. As injury prone as Manu has been the past couple of years, giving him some rest and limiting his minutes should be Pop's second priority. Manu played entirely too many minutes last year.

analyzed
12-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Our hope for this season is on the young guys we drafted , Anderson, Leonard, Blair and Splliter. Add Neal in the mix as well.

If the five mentioned can somehow play at a level where they could arguably be starters or main rotation players for a lottery team. (e.g the Wizards). that should put us in the top 5 in the West. 5 active impact players to go along with our big 3 should do the trick. Just what the doctor ordered to support our big 3, and is a dimension we actually never had in the past (previously vets supported our big 3. having multiple horses coming in waves is just what we need.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-14-2011, 04:52 AM
Our hope for this season is on the young guys we drafted , Anderson, Leonard, Blair and Splliter. Add Neal in the mix as well.

Not really. Our hope would be that Duncan can physically handle being a franchise type player for the playoffs one more time. Without Duncan healthy and in top form we'd face an early playoff exit again, no matter what these 5 do.

therealtruth
12-14-2011, 05:02 AM
I remember loving those blocks.

Jefferson would get regular season blocks as well, but it seems to my memory his blocks were mostly off the ball.

But I believe Anderson's were all or mostly from on the ball situations. Lots of guys can get off the ball blocks when the shooter is unsuspecting, they're usually very emphatic and elicit oohs and aws.

But give me a guy on the wing who stays with his man and can still block his shot. That's how Bowen would get his rare blocks, on his man. Dirk in the playoffs, Billups in game 7 2005, sign me up for that.

I agree. Getting blocks like that shows you have good on the ball defense, have quick hands and are reacting to the ball.

analyzed
12-14-2011, 05:06 AM
Not really. Our hope would be that Duncan can physically handle being a franchise type player for the playoffs one more time. Without Duncan healthy and in top form we'd face an early playoff exit again, no matter what these 5 do.

Well another way of lookiing at it , is Duncan won't even have an opportunity to lead us deep into the playoffs unless the 5 players mentioned become significant rotation players

dbestpro
12-14-2011, 09:37 AM
The guard rotations are set. Splitter will do a lot of the dirty work and will be an asset starting or off the bench. The problem remains, what will we get from RJ, Bonner, and Blair?

Each one of these guys have mental issues and disappear when its on the line. Blair wants to be the MVP when he should just try to rebound and be decent.

Bonner and RJ both just need to go. They have done so much damage to this team, particularly in the playoffs that nothing short of an AJ finals jump shot will ever get them back in the good graces of the Spurs fan.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Starting 5 of Parker/Anderson/Leonard/Duncan/Splitter? :hungry:

Mugen
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM

Yes please.

loveforthegame
12-14-2011, 11:26 AM

It's the only thing I want for Christmas. :flag:

Fireball
12-14-2011, 12:00 PM

I really want to support this, but again ... this means Bonner and Blair playing together. Unless we have a fifth big to break ap that bench combo, starting Splitter and Duncan might not be the best thing. Manu, Neal and Splitter coming from the bench would not be that bad. And at the end of the game you shoudl team up Duncan and Splitter so they can get chemistry on the court.

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 12:04 PM
I really want to support this, but again ... this means Bonner and Blair playing together. Unless we have a fifth big to break ap that bench combo, starting Splitter and Duncan might not be the best thing. Manu, Neal and Splitter coming from the bench would not be that bad. And at the end of the game you shoudl team up Duncan and Splitter so they can get chemistry on the court.

First of all, why does it mean Bonner and Blair playing together? Coaches almost never just sub in five guys all at once. Second, I'd rather Bonner and Blair be playing against the second team if they're going to be on the floor, which minimizes the amount of damage the other team can do. If you start one of them then they're playing against starters.

cantthinkofanything
12-14-2011, 12:05 PM

I don't know that it means Blair and Bonner play together. Maybe for a few minutes here and there but I don't think that's a big enough reason not to start Duncan and Splitter. Why even have Splitter if it's not to compliment Duncan.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-14-2011, 12:06 PM

It doesn't necessarily mean Bonner/Blair will be in together for most of their minutes. When Manu was brought off the bench, it's not like he barely ever played with Tony and Tim.

venitian navigator
12-14-2011, 12:10 PM
we need a very good defensive big that can play with Bonner...one that can be a good shot blocker considering the problems that both Bonner and Blair have defending one on one.
That's why, considering Dice is probably gone, I wouldn't mind trade his contract for the likes of a Thabeet...who's only quality, actually, could be that kind of defense.

Fireball
12-14-2011, 12:13 PM
First of all, why does it mean Bonner and Blair playing together? Coaches almost never just sub in five guys all at once. Second, I'd rather Bonner and Blair be playing against the second team if they're going to be on the floor, which minimizes the amount of damage the other team can do. If you start one of them then they're playing against starters.

I think we already had that discussion? I kind of disagree with your first point - of course Splitter and Duncan would not come off the court at the same time, but I see both of them playing about 25-28min per game. If you want them to play together, than you have to sub them together (with small variations). Or you have to overplay Splitter to reduce the Blair/Bonner combo on the floor. But I don't think that will happen with Pop.

Second point I agree, Blair and Bonner against the second unit would not mean that much damage. But other teams play their starters much more minutes (perhaps not this season?), so it cannot be avoided.

Still a reliable fifth big would be nice.

Bill_Brasky
12-14-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm hoping Bonner gets his minutes with Leonard on the floor....would somewhat make up for his horrible defense and rebounding.

SenorSpur
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't know that it means Blair and Bonner play together. Maybe for a few minutes here and there but I don't think that's a big enough reason not to start Duncan and Splitter. Why even have Splitter if it's not to compliment Duncan.

Bonner and Blair should not only not be on the court together, they shouldn't even be on the same team. Their defensive deficencies do not offset one another. All anyone has to do is re-watch the playoff series against Memphis.

Mugen
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
im hoping Bonner breaks his ankle around mid-April. That would do wonders for our playoff rotation.

urunobili
12-14-2011, 01:35 PM

Yes

Canibspur
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM

Hell yes. I'm all for that.

Crazy powerful 2nd unit that sets up with Manu, Neal, Blair and RJ (maybe). Remember how awesome Manu and DeJuan played together in Blairs rookie year? Seems like so long ago.

Lets go with the 10 man rotation even in the playoffs.

Hoops Czar
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Lay off the crack... Talk about downgrading at nearly every position. Spurs won't sniff home court in this year's playoffs.

Seventyniner
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM

Switch Anderson for Manu and that's the closing lineup I want on the floor.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Lay off the crack... Talk about downgrading at nearly every position. Spurs won't sniff home court in this year's playoffs.

It's about implementing the youth movement. I don't see how there's a downgrade if it's the same roster. Same players, different slots.

Hoops Czar
12-14-2011, 02:24 PM
It's about implementing the youth movement. I don't see how there's a downgrade if it's the same roster. Same players, different slots.

Youth doesn't win basketball games. Youth can come off the bench to give the team a spark. Looking at this lineup, I have a clear picture of why nobody wants to play here.

If its a youth movement the Spurs are looking for, Parker won't last the year.

Bill_Brasky
12-14-2011, 02:27 PM

Yeah, because the lineup we used last year was SO effective in the playoffs.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-14-2011, 02:28 PM
Youth doesn't win basketball games. Youth can come off the bench to give the team a spark. Looking at this lineup, I have a clear picture of why nobody wants to play here.

It's evident the Spurs haven't put a stamp down on youth sparking bench, since Manu has been the sixth man for years. If no one wants to play here, I'm sure they would look at the whole roster, not my idea of who should start. And it's common sense that they need to make some moves in favor of youth, just about every experienced veteran team does it. If they didn't, we would see them trying to trade away their assets every single year.

Bill_Brasky
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM

WOW.

You just worry about your Cavs, Hoops.

Fireball
12-14-2011, 02:31 PM

With here you mean Cleveland, right? The only team with less FA activity than the Spurs ...

Hoops Czar
12-14-2011, 02:44 PM
It's evident the Spurs haven't put a stamp down on youth sparking bench, since Manu has been the sixth man for years. If no one wants to play here, I'm sure they would look at the whole roster, not my idea of who should start. And it's common sense that they need to make some moves in favor of youth, just about every experienced veteran team does it. If they didn't, we would see them trying to trade away their assets every single year.

I am sick and tired of the excuses. How does the Hill for Leonard swap favor a youth movement? Most veteran teams I know replace lost pieces with adequate players of equal or greater value. They don't flag down scrubs like Howard. Manu was a starter last season and he belongs in the starting lineup this year.

Hoops Czar
12-14-2011, 02:46 PM
With here you mean Cleveland, right? The only team with less FA activity than the Spurs ...

That should tell you something right there. One of these teams has championship aspirations.

JR3
12-14-2011, 02:47 PM
im hoping Bonner breaks his ankle around mid-April. That would do wonders for our playoff rotation.

Unfortunately, we have to hope that. Thats the only way Pop will not play Bonner.

Mr.Bottomtooth
12-14-2011, 03:48 PM
I am sick and tired of the excuses. How does the Hill for Leonard swap favor a youth movement? Most veteran teams I know replace lost pieces with adequate players of equal or greater value. They don't flag down scrubs like Howard. Manu was a starter last season and he belongs in the starting lineup this year.

Who else is left that is of value that we can get?

Exactly.

Xevious
12-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Splitter absolutely cannot start unless we are only going to play three big men. Don't people remember how shitty Blair and Bonner are together?

Obstructed_View
12-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Still a reliable fifth big would be nice.

Agreed. That said, you start your best five players. Always. You don't hide a guy's deficiencies by putting him on the other team's best player and hoping your superstar can wear himself out trying to make up for it. If you want to know why Tim Duncan's always winded, it's because he's been playing defense for two fucking people ever since Rasho and Nazr left.

Dex
12-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Splitter absolutely cannot start unless we are only going to play three big men. Don't people remember how shitty Blair and Bonner are together?

Duncan/Splitter
Blair/Dice

Bonner can go jump in a lake.

8FOR!3
12-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Blair and Bonner are bad together, but that's not how it works.

You don't have to start Duncan and Splitter and take them out at the same time. You can go Duncan/Splitter, Duncan/Blair, Blair/Splitter, Duncan(or Splitter)/Bonner, etc. Rotate them, and then you can always add that fifth big whoever it may be. If it's McDyess, great. If it's Gani Lawal, no biggie. You're just asking him to play a few minutes a game.

Xevious
12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Duncan/Splitter
Blair/Dice

Bonner can go jump in a lake.

The day Bonner stops getting minutes is the day Pop retires. Is Mcdyess even at training camp?

Xevious
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Blair and Bonner are bad together, but that's not how it works.

You don't have to start Duncan and Splitter and take them out at the same time.

Tell that to Pop. The Spurs' freefall began last year when Blair was pulled from the starting unit.

wildbill2u
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
I know this is an Andeerson thread, but it seems like nobody is remembering Neal and gving him props for the job he did last year.

He proved he can play and deserves some minutes.

mystargtr34
12-14-2011, 05:29 PM
If Splitter and Duncan start together.. which would be the case with probably any other coach in the league aside from corporate knowledge Pop...then we shouldnt assume Blair and Bonner will have to be the 3rd and 4th bigs.. i think Leonard can handle minutes as a small ball 4 against oppoosition second units.. since the majority of teams bring undersized big men off the bench.

How much worse can he be than Blair and Bonner? He is taller than blair and better defensively... he is longer than Bonner and light years better in rebounding and better defensively.

mystargtr34
12-14-2011, 05:30 PM

Neither do Richard Jefferson or Matt Bonner.

8FOR!3
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Tell that to Pop. The Spurs' freefall began last year when Blair was pulled from the starting unit.

Last year Blair was fat. This year, here's to hoping he's in shape and it works out.