PDA

View Full Version : Obama promises to veto payroll tax extension...

CosmicCowboy
12-13-2011, 05:03 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2011/dec/13/obama-vows-veto-house-gops-bill-extend-payroll-tax/

The White House said Tuesday it will veto a payroll tax cut extension being prepared by House Republicans, with President Obama insisting the bill also must raise taxes on the wealthy rather than cut government spending.

In a statement of policy, the White House said the bill, which the House will vote on later Tuesday, is a Republican effort at politics rather than a compromise deal.

"This debate should not be about scoring political points. This debate should be about cutting taxes for the middle class," the statement said.

Republicans say they have given Mr. Obama everything he wants in the bill, including an extension of this year's payroll tax cut, additional limited unemployment benefits and a continuation of full payments to doctors who treat Medicare patients.

But rather than imposing a tax increase to offset the costs, as Democrats wanted, the Republican proposed a freeze on spending for federal salaries.

Th'Pusher
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
I thought the version attached to the pipeline was going to breeze through the house and senate?

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 05:16 PM
lol that blog doesn't even mention the pipeline.

Are you just trying to sneak this by us, cc?

CosmicCowboy
12-13-2011, 05:37 PM
lol that blog doesn't even mention the pipeline.

Are you just trying to sneak this by us, cc?

That "blog" is the Washington Times.

This veto posturing is just to encourage Reed and the Senate Democrats to vote against it so he doesn't have to.

And yeah, I still think it can get 60 votes in the house and Obama's claims of a "do nothing" congress are gonna blow up in his face.

When it comes right down to it, he won't veto it if it gets by the senate.

coyotes_geek
12-13-2011, 05:38 PM
All this......

an extension of this year's payroll tax cut, additional limited unemployment benefits and a continuation of full payments to doctors who treat Medicare patients.

.....is supposed to equal this.......

a freeze on spending for federal salaries.

..........???

Doesn't pass the smell test.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 05:45 PM
That "blog" is the Washington Times.You think newspapers can't have blogs?

And really, a vanity paper of the Moonies' leader might not be something you'd want to brag about on the internets.

This veto posturing is just to encourage Reed and the Senate Democrats to vote against it so he doesn't have to.

And yeah, I still think it can get 60 votes in the house and Obama's claims of a "do nothing" congress are gonna blow up in his face.

When it comes right down to it, he won't veto it if it gets by the senate.So you are going to follow the Moonies and not mention the pipeline either.

OK.

JoeChalupa
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
The House passed the payroll tax cut but it will most likely fail in the Senate due to the Keystone pipeline.

Yonivore
12-13-2011, 07:09 PM
The House passed the payroll tax cut but it will most likely fail in the Senate due to the Keystone pipeline.
Then, that's on Harry Reid. Labor Unions -- an Obama base -- want the pipeline. It's just the rabid environmentalists that oppose it.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
Then, that's on Harry Reid. Labor Unions -- an Obama base -- want the pipeline. It's just the rabid environmentalists that oppose it.One can support a pipeline without supporting the eschewing of regulations and regular process for said pipeline.

boutons_deux
12-13-2011, 07:12 PM
"Labor Unions want the pipeline."

Link, there only a few 100 permanent, and probably not many union jobs.

boutons_deux
12-13-2011, 07:13 PM

Yonivore
12-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Obama Administration Is Pressured by GOP, Unions to Expedite Controversial Pipeline Project (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/02/obama-administration-is-pressured-by-gop-unions-to-expedite-controversial/)

"We believe that the benefits of this pipeline are too many to be allow it to be derailed by environmental extremists. The Keystone XL will create good-paying jobs here in the U.S. and Canada," says Brent Booker of the Laborers International Union.
Only the Enviro-whackos opposed the pipeline.

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
I submit you don't even know what the objections are.

Yonivore
12-13-2011, 07:21 PM
And, a local story...from another network, if the fair and balanced FoxNews isn't your choice.

Unions Show Pipeline Support At Labor Day Parade (http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/129269068.html)

Yonivore
12-13-2011, 07:24 PM
From Roll Call and, I don't know their politics.

Oil Project Splits Occupy Movement, Labor Unions (http://www.rollcall.com/issues/57_56/Oil-Project-Splits-Occupy-Movement-Labor-Unions-210143-1.html)

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Why circumvent the existing permit process?

CosmicCowboy
12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Why circumvent the existing permit process?

They aren't circumventing the process. Obama wanted to put it off till after the election. The bill says they have to take up consideration in two months.

Chump. why do you hate the Democratic process?

And Reed is not gonna be able to keep his guys together...they watched what happened in the last election as the guys got swept out after falling on their swords for Obama...they AREN'T going home for Christmas and telling their constituents that they voted against the tax cuts and extending unemployment benefits...I predict that the Republicans will get 12+ to cross over and vote for it....nobody really gives a shit about that pipeline except blue glasses wearing political junkies and the polls will bear that out...

ChumpDumper
12-13-2011, 09:36 PM
They aren't circumventing the process. Obama wanted to put it off till after the election. The bill says they have to take up consideration in two months.What consideration? Is there even a route decided on?

Chump. why do you hate the Democratic process?I'm all for it. Let's have each the people of each state vote for the route through its state. Deal?

And Reed is not gonna be able to keep his guys together...they watched what happened in the last election as the guys got swept out after falling on their swords for Obama...they AREN'T going home for Christmas and telling their constituents that they voted against the tax cuts and extending unemployment benefits...I predict that the Republicans will get 12+ to cross over and vote for it....nobody really gives a shit about that pipeline except blue glasses wearing political junkies and the polls will bear that out...Writers of political blogs of your newspapers certainly don't want to mention it.

CosmicCowboy
12-13-2011, 11:22 PM
What consideration? Is there even a route decided on?

Yeah, they are going North through the Suez Canal instead of South through the Straits of Hormuz...:p:

I'm all for it. Let's have each the people of each state vote for the route through its state. Deal?

Deal...It's all red states from top to bottom...it would pass no problem...

Writers of political blogs of your newspapers certainly don't want to mention it.

truth hurts doesn't it?

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Deal...It's all red states from top to bottom...it would pass no problem...You just proved you have no idea what the issues here are. Read a non-Moonie source to catch up.

truth hurts doesn't it?The truth that you are as dishonest as Moonie blog writers?

Doesn't hurt one bit tbh.

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2011, 05:54 PM
You just proved you have no idea what the issues here are. Read a non-Moonie source to catch up.

The truth that you are as dishonest as Moonie blog writers?

Doesn't hurt one bit tbh.

You've just proved you don't know where the pipeline is going.

http://www.lawprofessorblogs.com/taxprof/linkimages/generosity0512map.gif

http://www.knlvradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/keystone-map.jpg

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 05:57 PM
You've just proved you don't know where the pipeline is going.I absolutely do. The route is an issue.

Hasn't the Moonie Times blog told you?

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 05:59 PM
If you knew anything about geography, you could tell from your map what the issue is.

DMX7
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
CC won't be satisfied until our drinking water is black. And there is no chance of an accident.

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Look bitches...

We all know the real issue isn't the safety of the pipeline...at least be intellectually honest...

The fact is the oil for the pipeline comes from oil sands and that's an ecologically nasty way to get oil...

I even agree but disliking it isn't gonna stop it...Canada decided to proceed.

The only issue now is whether the oil comes to Texas or goes to Vancouver for shipment to the far east.

Obama is going to approve the pipeline eventually...he just wants to postpone the decision until after the election so he doesn't piss off his environmentalist base any more than he has already done...

You guys realize that, don't you? Y'all are gonna argue and argue and argue against the pipeline and then he is gonna stab you in the back next December if he gets re-elected...

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Look bitches...

We all know the real issue isn't the safety of the pipeline...at least be intellectually honest...

The fact is the oil for the pipeline comes from oil sands and that's an ecologically nasty way to get oil...

I even agree but disliking it isn't gonna stop it...Canada decided to proceed.

The only issue now is whether the oil comes to Texas or goes to Vancouver for shipment to the far east.

Obama is going to approve the pipeline eventually...he just wants to postpone the decision until after the election so he doesn't piss off his environmentalist base any more than he has already done...

You guys realize that, don't you? Y'all are gonna argue and argue and argue against the pipeline and then he is gonna stab you in the back next December if he gets re-elected...Is this your op-ed for the Moonie Times?

I don't oppose the pipeline altogether.

Back to the map.

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Is this your op-ed for the Moonie Times?

I don't oppose the pipeline altogether.

Back to the map.

There is not a single environmental objection to the pipeline itself that can't be easily dealt with and overcome with existing technology. There are tens of thousands of other pipelines in the country operating safely, many in a lot more sensitive areas geologically. This will just be one more.

It may be a political football, but technically it's no big deal.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
There is not a single environmental objection to the pipeline itself that can't be easily dealt with and overcome with existing technology. There are tens of thousands of other pipelines in the country operating safely, many in a lot more sensitive areas geologically. This will just be one more.

It may be a political football, but technically it's no big deal.I didn't say it was an insurmountable problem. I simply see no reason to rush when they don't even have an actual route worked out.

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
I didn't say it was an insurmountable problem. I simply see no reason to rush when they don't even have an actual route worked out.

Then it should be no big deal to add it in to the total package currently under consideration in congress. Obviously the route and safety details will be worked out before construction. Obama wanting to put off consideration until after the election was a political decision and not a technical decision.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Then it should be no big deal to add it in to the total package currently under consideration in congress.Then it should be no big deal to introduce it in its own bill when an actual route is decided upon.

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Then it should be no big deal to introduce it in its own bill when an actual route is decided upon.

I love a good poker game.

I still think that 12 Senate Democrats will fold.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 06:37 PM
I love a good poker game.

I still think that 12 Senate Democrats will fold.Good for you.

Really wouldn't alleviate the potential Hormuz situation though.

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Good for you.

Really wouldn't alleviate the potential Hormuz situation though.

Nope.

Not with the current administration, thats for sure.

ChumpDumper
12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Nope.

Not with the current administration, thats for sure.Not with any administration, moonie.

CosmicCowboy
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Hmmm...

your definition of moonie must be different than mine..

ChumpDumper
12-15-2011, 12:35 AM
Hmmm...

your definition of moonie must be different than mine..Moonie see, moonie do.

CosmicCowboy
12-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Moonie see, moonie do.

LOL very chumpish

CosmicCowboy
12-16-2011, 03:20 PM
:lmao

I told y'all Obama would fold like a cheap lawn chair...the "tax on the rich" is off the table...