PDA

View Full Version : This is one of the problems . . .

ShoogarBear
06-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Getting our asses kicked, and instead of showing leadership, Tim withdraws into a shell and has to get coaxing from Pop.

We are really hurt at times by the lack of a Mario or Avery type in uniform.

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Bingo.

Nikos
06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Bullshit. Pop is just sucking ass a coach right now.

No way in hell the Pistons are this good, they barely beat a team in Miami where Shaq and Wade were at 50%.

This is a pure choke job. Plain and simple. And ever since 2000-01 the Spurs have had the propensity to choke and give up when the going gets tough. Now is no different.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Howabout Pop? His idea of great coaching is to be silent because "they know what to do?"

Didn't work before game 3. Didn't work with Tim getting ready for tonight. Didn't work at halftime.

But I guess when you can't adapt, you just play the silent card and hope the media eats it up.

myhc
06-16-2005, 10:50 PM
The Pistons are for real and you dumbasses who don't think so, even when/if/after they win the title on our home floor, need to take off those rose colored glasses.

Spurminator
06-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Don't we have a few other Pop threads going?

I believe this is a Duncan thread. Fucking primadonnas, we get it.

ShoogarBear
06-16-2005, 10:53 PM
I ain't defending Pop. But Pop isn't coaching 31-point-loss bad.

Nikos
06-16-2005, 10:53 PM
The Pistons are for real and you dumbasses who don't think so, even when/if/after they win the title on our home floor, need to take off those rose colored glasses.

Yeah they beat some great teams on the way to the finals. The Injured Pacers, the Injured Miami Heat. Were not talking role players either. Their best players O Neal, NO Artest, injured Shaq and Wade. And they still barely made it out alive.

Bullshit this team is overrated. Pistons aren't a great team.

Silver Rose
06-16-2005, 10:55 PM
When the Spurs start out badly, they usually get worse. At this point, it has nothing to do with talent or skill -- it's "fire in the belly". They need to pull their heads out and get into the game. At this level, it's a matter of desire to win and aggressiveness. What a shame to got his far and blow it. In February, the Brickhouse said "If the Spurs don't win the championship, it'll be the biggest choke job in the history of basketball." Self fulfilling prophecy! What a way to lose - to wimp out! I am ashamed and embarrassed!

nkdlunch
Getting our asses kicked, and instead of showing leadership, Tim withdraws into a shell and has to get coaxing from Pop.

We are really hurt at times by the lack of a Mario or Avery type in uniform.

good point. Not only Tim though, Manu looked like he was on his period all night and Tony, he fought, but he should talk to his team also.

I just hope someone in the locker room starts talking.

ALVAREZ6
Man, ever if we fucking shot 100% from the field tonight, we still would have lost.

We shot like 8 times the whole damn game.....these turnovers limit us to like 2 shots per quarter....gosh!

3rdCoast
Yeah they beat some great teams on the way to the finals. The Injured Pacers, the Injured Miami Heat. Were not talking role players either. Their best players O Neal, NO Artest, injured Shaq and Wade. And they still barely made it out alive.

hmm, then an "overrated" team just raped the spurs for the second game in a row.

Nikos
06-16-2005, 10:56 PM
hmm, then an "overrated" team just raped the spurs for the second game in a row.

Did they RAPE the injury depleted teams?

myhc
06-16-2005, 10:57 PM

Uh, who are they playing RIGHT NOW?? The Spurs. Not the Pacers. Not the Heat. The Spurs. Who gives a shit who they beat and who we beat in previous rounds? None of that matters now, obviously. They handed us our asses on a silver platter tonight. If you think we are solely responsible for the 31 point whipping tonight, then we really should just lay down now and forfeit the rest of the games.

Spurminator
06-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Duncan's not seeing the game and letting it come to him. There are times when he has a wide open path to the basket and he'll spin towards a double team. Then he loses the ball and always seems surprised that someone was slapping at it. Credit the Pistons defense for a lot of that, and for blocking his passing lanes out of the double team, but Duncan needs to reclaim his status as the best player in this series.

Nikos
06-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Uh, who are they playing RIGHT NOW?? The Spurs. Not the Pacers. Not the Heat. The Spurs. Who gives a shit who they beat and who we beat in previous rounds? None of that matters now, obviously. They handed us our asses on a silver platter tonight. If you think we are solely responsible for the 31 point whipping tonight, then we really should just lay down now and forfeit the rest of the games.

Gee lets see. The Pistons struggle to beat injury depeleted teams , yet destroy the Spurs.

If that is not a choke job I don't know what is.

Tek_XX
06-16-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah i'm tired of looking at Tim with his head down and playing like shit, not sure if he's feeling sorry for himself or what? It's time for Pop to start calling out people instead of patting them on the back even though they are playing like total shit(Nazr especially).

ShoogarBear
06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Completely agree, Spurm.

Tim Duncan made his decisions and his move to the basket a lot quicker 2-3 years ago. All year, he's been waiting for the defense to get set before he does anything. I appreciate that he's trying to process what's going on, but damn, sometimes you got to say they can't stop me!

When was the last time he hit that bank shot from the wing without hesitation? Now it's a couple of jab steps every time.

Spurminator
06-16-2005, 11:05 PM
[dbl post]

Spurminator
06-16-2005, 11:06 PM
The Pistons won 2 games against Miami before Dwayne went down. let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. They're a very good team.

The 2003 Spurs were very similar... they struggled against teams they should have probably beaten more easily, but in the end proved better.

Nikos
06-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Bullshit. The Pistons won Game 1, big deal. Shaq was hurt during that game as well.

Healthy Heat win in 5 games. Actually a non-healthy Heat with a healthy Wade in Game 7 would have won easily.

Spurminator
06-16-2005, 11:15 PM
So what? Are you so convinced a healthy Heat team wouldn't have beaten us either?

Wake up, these teams are the best of the best.

whottt
06-16-2005, 11:16 PM
What were the excuses before Pop? When teams like the Warriors were handing these chokers a beat down in the first round.

Yeah but that was because Larry Brown was our coach...no wait...I mean...

It's Massenburg's fault!

ballhog
06-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Spurs looked slow tonight. Duncan looks slow and planted to the floor. How many rebounds tonight? The Pistons played perfect ball tonight and the Spurs sucked. The Pistons are supposed to win on their home floor. Don't panic. Spurs got nothing from the starters or the bench. How could you not beat a team with 7 players? Transition defense was really pisspoor tonight. Spurs are still a better team.

hamtramck
06-16-2005, 11:25 PM
Bullshit. Pop is just sucking ass a coach right now.

No way in hell the Pistons are this good, they barely beat a team in Miami where Shaq and Wade were at 50%.

This is a pure choke job. Plain and simple. And ever since 2000-01 the Spurs have had the propensity to choke and give up when the going gets tough. Now is no different.

The pistons are taht good, teh pistons did not play well against Miami they had an off series. Teams do play poorly in stretches. When Detroit plays their way you cannot beat us. ANd please don't use excuses on how we barely got by miami. Shaq is always a problem for every team and you will suffer for that. I do think SPurs wil lrespond in game 3, but I still predict a victory by Detroit.

SPARKY
06-16-2005, 11:26 PM
The pistons are taht good, teh pistons did not play well against Miami they had an off series. Teams do play poorly in stretches. When Detroit plays their way you cannot beat us. ANd please don't use excuses on how we barely got by miami. Shaq is always a problem for every team and you will suffer for that. I do think SPurs wil lrespond in game 3, but I still predict a victory by Detroit.

That's Game 5, dumbfuck. Too bad the great Pistons couldn't show up in SA.

hamtramck
06-16-2005, 11:29 PM
Rip hamilton was injured last series vs Miami did he cry? Was it in the Media?
Didnt Shaq just throw his weight around? DOesnt wade get ticky tac fouls? Isnt wade one of the best in the league?

How about you give some credit to the other teams. Indiana is very good and so is Miami. So we had a tough time beating very good teams ok...... isnt that what winning is about beating tough temas. If they were scrubs we would have wiped the floor with them.

hamtramck
06-16-2005, 11:30 PM
That's Game 5, dumbfuck. Too bad the great Pistons couldn't show up in SA.

And spurs didnt show up in 3 and 4 ahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahah
SPurs are over rated, pistons are teh best tema in the league deal with it. Give the teams we beat in the playoffs credit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 11:31 PM
The problem is all this Tim Duncan in the post shit. The way it is designed is for Tim to wait for doubles, then to make his move.

Problem is Detriot waits until the shot clock gets down, then Dunc has to rush it or his teammates don't have time to get it off.

It's a joke that when it's nut cutting time P_p thinks that our offense needs to be reactive to the opposing D, instead of forcing mismatches and taking the fight to the defense.

SPARKY
06-16-2005, 11:36 PM
Again, why couldn't the great Pistons show up in SA? Nice of you to show up in here after Game 4.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-16-2005, 11:36 PM

Nice timing...

:lol :lol :lol

beirmeistr
06-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Manu said it best in his postgame interview. The Pistons wanted the game more than the Spurs. They were more aggressive and hustled more. What happened to Duncan having a great game after a poor game? He had an average game. I don't think any Spur has a good game tonite. Why didn't they rebound from game 3?

PistonskillSpurs
06-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Did they RAPE the injury depleted teams?

What injury depleted teams? The Heat had Wade and Shaq score 47 points in game seven in an 82 point game. That's more than half the points. VanGundy would have taken that in a second vefore the game. Pistons just kicked butt.

GoSpurs21
06-16-2005, 11:38 PM
The problem is all this Tim Duncan in the post shit. The way it is designed is for Tim to wait for doubles, then to make his move.

Problem is Detriot waits until the shot clock gets down, then Dunc has to rush it or his teammates don't have time to get it off.

It's a joke that when it's nut cutting time P_p thinks that our offense needs to be reactive to the opposing D, instead of forcing mismatches and taking the fight to the defense.bullshit Tim needs to bring it and Spurs need to run it down pistons throat

hamtramck
06-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Again, why couldn't the great Pistons show up in SA? Nice of you to show up in here after Game 4.

Since I live in MIchigna I will clue you in on something, the pistonstake some games off . Like in the reg season how we will lose 7 in a row and then win 6 in a row. Pistons barely showed up in Miami trust me we were not the detroit pistons in Miami we played bad, but won. What you see in these 2 wins are close to waht the pistons are capable of bringing every game. You will see it Suinday also.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 11:40 PM
How can Tim bring it when he's got five Pistons within three steps of him when he posts up?

Do you know a fucking thing about basketball?

Here's a hint: Detroit has been using the same defense the last two games as LA used in those three series they punked us in the playoffs (including last year when we went from 2-0 up to fishing four games later).

geerussell
06-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Two things explain the way detroit looked in the earlier rounds. The pistons play to the level of their opposition and with the exception of last year's finals they always do it the hard way. Falling into a hole then playing great against a great team is really consistent with the way they do things.

SPARKY
06-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Apparently due to living in Michigan Piston Fan doesn't seem to grasp that the Spurs take games off too...

SPARKY
06-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Two things explain the way detroit looked in the earlier rounds. The pistons play to the level of their opposition and with the exception of last year's finals they always do it the hard way. Falling into a hole then playing great against a great team is really consistent with the way they do things.

Oddly enough the Spurs like to make things hard on themselves as well.

You know, if I wanted the Piston fan perspective I'd find a Piston fan forum.

GoSpurs21
06-16-2005, 11:43 PM
How can Tim bring it when he's got five Pistons within three steps of him when he posts up?

Do you know a fucking thing about basketball?

Here's a hint: Detroit has been using the same defense the last two games as LA used in those three series they punked us in the playoffs (including last year when we went from 2-0 up to fishing four games later).Tim only has 5 guys on him when he take forever to make his move
this has always been his problem (watch the fucking games jackass)
when Tim reacts and doesnt think he always does better
stop being a Tim protector it only makes Tim soft when people like you make excuses for him

geerussell
06-16-2005, 11:45 PM
Oddly enough the Spurs like to make things hard on themselves as well.

You know, if I wanted the Piston fan perspective I'd find a Piston fan forum.

Tough. I guess you'll just have to find a private forum.

SequSpur
06-16-2005, 11:47 PM
Duncan needs to take over now.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey dumbass, I'm not making excuses for Tim.

He can't succeed going one on five, even Jordan couldn't. Quit being such a Poplover.

This is the same shit that happened time after time against LA, and some of you have your fucking heads in the sand.

Detroit is playing zone on the lane, and we keep running the same two plays: Tim Duncan post up (4down/5down/whatever the fuck you want to call it), and pick and roll.

Where is the motion offense? Haven't seen it in two games now.

If P_p deserves all the credit when we win like the Poplover society peeps like you insist, he deserves some blame when we lose.

ShoogarBear
06-17-2005, 12:10 AM
Pop didn't coach 31-point-loss bad.

Most of this was lack of desire, and it starts with Tim.