PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Deron + Dwight this off season?

NewcastleKEG
12-14-2011, 11:56 PM
I just checked this out. With these moves, Dallas has cleared out enough cap room to sign both Deron and Dwight in the offseason. They're saving their amnesty to use on Haywood at the end of the year.

It's all starting to add up, why Cuban would get the small market owners to rally against the LAL trade.

adrienne
12-14-2011, 11:57 PM
It works financially. Not going to happen. Even though it would be the greatest day of my whole entire life (besides June 12)

Ditty
12-15-2011, 12:54 AM
It works financially. Not going to happen. Even though it would be the greatest day of my whole entire life (besides June 12)

I'll give you the greatest day of your life.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-15-2011, 12:58 AM
Never doubt Cubes

adrienne
12-15-2011, 01:02 AM
He can do brilliant maneuvering and create financial flexibility, but he can't force players to come here.

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-15-2011, 01:06 AM
He can do brilliant maneuvering and create financial flexibility, but he can't force players to come here.

:lol "force"

pass1st
12-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Dwight really wouldn't want to play for the Mavs, but Dwight is going to be traded unless Magic is retarded enough to let him walk.

Who knows

Ace
12-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Dwight really wouldn't want to play for the Mavs, but Dwight is going to be traded unless Magic is retarded enough to let him walk.

Who knows

Mavs were one of the teams he requested a trade to....

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 02:12 AM
:lol dumbfucks saying ":cry dwight won't come to dallas :cry" were the same babydick fucks who said ":cry the _allas chokericks will never win a championship :cry"

Bill_Brasky
12-15-2011, 02:19 AM
:lol dumbfucks saying ":cry dwight won't come to dallas :cry" were the same babydick fucks who said ":cry the _allas chokericks will never win a championship :cry"

Hmm funny, because the only person saying that ITT is a Mavfan :lol

Why not? It's as good an option as any.....big market, playing next to a champ.....I really do think Cubes will make a push.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Hmm funny, because the only person saying that ITT is a Mavfan :lol

Why not? It's as good an option as any.....big market, playing next to a champ.....I really do think Cubes will make a push.

Really?

Who knows

Bill_Brasky
12-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Damn, skimmed it. Apologies all around, H.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Yeah and people keep saying it in other threads too, it wasn't just that guy. But they've both said good things about the Mavs, Dallas, and Cuban. It's a real possibility, like it or not to the afforementioned fuckfaces.

Bill_Brasky
12-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Yeah and people keep saying it in other threads too, it wasn't just that guy. But they've both said good things about the Mavs, Dallas, and Cuban. It's a real possibility, like it or not to the afforementioned fuckfaces.

If Dirk hadn't rang, I MIGHT be with 'em. But everyone knows that bigmen win rings, and Dirk/Dwight would be downright unfair. He has to know it too.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Can you imagine Dirk as a 3rd option where all he has to do is hit spot up J's while Deron and Dwight carry most of the load all season long?

Bill_Brasky
12-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Can you imagine Dirk as a 3rd option where all he has to do is hit spot up J's while Deron and Dwight carry most of the load all season long?

If it were my team there would be pre all up in my pants right now. Since it's the Mavs, I shudder to think about it.

Either way, Dwight/Dirk would mean NB:lol = f:lolcked.

NewcastleKEG
12-15-2011, 02:40 AM
Super Nazi + Uber Athletic Ape

Pretty tough to stop

mavsfan1000
12-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Dirk would still be the first option. He is the best creator on the team. Nonetheless the alley oops from D. Williams to Howard would be awesome to watch.

pass1st
12-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Really?

Dwight can come to Dallas, but it's probably his 4th choice behind LAL,NYK,Nets. If he became a FA, Dallas would need an extremely good angle to convince him. If through trades, they would need to put together a package better than what the Nets had just now.

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2011, 03:12 AM
if ur d12 and deron, head out west where the only teams that are contenders is probably the lakers, thunder...everybody else is just makin up the numbers...

Kyle Orton
12-15-2011, 03:18 AM
if ur d12 and deron, head out west where the only teams that are contenders is probably the lakers, thunder...everybody else is just makin up the numbers...

Sup fag

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 03:27 AM
Dwight can come to Dallas, but it's probably his 4th choice behind LAL,NYK,Nets. If he became a FA, Dallas would need an extremely good angle to convince him. If through trades, they would need to put together a package better than what the Nets had just now.

Dallas is a bigger market than nj, better owner than all, coming off a championship, solid coach, top 3 player In dirk..it's a no brainer. We can even resign Lamar and use the mle on someone.

pass1st
12-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Dallas is a bigger market than nj, better owner than all, coming off a championship, solid coach, top 3 player In dirk..it's a no brainer. We can even resign Lamar and use the mle on someone.

It's not going to be NJ soon and D12 likes the idea of being the FIRST franchise player of a practically new franchise. Mavs would be his fourth choice, and they are a choice solely because they are the current champions. If the Mavs don't repeat, he will not be interested assuming Magic just let him walk.

Kyle Orton
12-15-2011, 03:51 AM
It's not going to be NJ soon and D12 likes the idea of being the FIRST franchise player of a practically new franchise. Mavs would be his fourth choice, and they are a choice solely because they are the current champions. If the Mavs don't repeat, he will not be interested assuming Magic just let him walk.

Link?

#41 Shoot Em Up
12-15-2011, 04:48 AM

Actually according to Bucher it's his 2nd choice.

Scrub
12-15-2011, 06:02 AM
I can see Mavs offering disgusting one year deal to Dalembert this season and then going after Deron and Dwight next year. They'll only have like Dirk, Roddy and Haywood (amnesty) under contract next season. Cubs is a genious and he's loaded. Clearly the best owner in the NBA.

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Cubs is a genious

Yeah, lettin' Chandler walk was real genius.

Scrub
12-15-2011, 06:20 AM

Losing Chandler will hurt the Mavs that's a fact but offering an often injured Chandler 4 year contract when you already have Haywood under contract takes you out of the Dwight/Deron race. I think Cubes would have given Chandler 18+ mil if he agreed to a one year contract. Cuban knows what he's doing and I think we can agree he's a better businessman than you and me.

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Losing Chandler will hurt the Mavs that's a fact

mavsfan1000
12-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Bend over. I'll give you something to hurt about.

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 06:32 AM
^Thou, doin' the bend over materiel?

What the Hell?

Fuck it. I'm goin' back to couch.

Texas Chili Dog
12-15-2011, 08:02 AM
c'mon DWill, you know you want to take a pic like this. Come home to Big D.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/d8/fullj.860867a4e6d12a9ca8bf2e111c224d54/ap-201112131212439453011.jpg

endrity
12-15-2011, 08:10 AM
Losing Chandler will hurt the Mavs that's a fact but offering an often injured Chandler 4 year contract when you already have Haywood under contract takes you out of the Dwight/Deron race. I think Cubes would have given Chandler 18+ mil if he agreed to a one year contract. Cuban knows what he's doing and I think we can agree he's a better businessman than you and me.

In fact he offered him 20 mil, but Tyson wanted a long contract, as would I.

m>s
12-15-2011, 08:42 AM
not sure about d12 but dallas is certainly the 1st option for d-will. dallas is his home and dirk is one great guy to work with, kidd will probably retire come the end of the season so d-will will have basically no competitors at his position imho

sefant77
12-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I just checked this out. With these moves, Dallas has cleared out enough cap room to sign both Deron and Dwight in the offseason. They're saving their amnesty to use on Haywood at the end of the year.

It's all starting to add up, why Cuban would get the small market owners to rally against the LAL trade.

Magic smaller market team? They fucked it up even with going nuts on the owners black amex.

Dont blame it on "small markets".

sefant77
12-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Dwight&Deron&Dirk wont happen because it requires that Dwight end the season in Orlando without a trade or extension and after the past quotes from Dwight i just dont see this happening.

But for the fun, how you defend a lineup of:
Deron
Terry
Marion (or any other SF that excels in cutting to the basket)
Dirk
Dwight

Pick your poison...i wouldnt know. Probably let a guy open at the perimeter and hope he clanks it...

Mel_13
12-15-2011, 09:12 AM
I just checked this out. With these moves, Dallas has cleared out enough cap room to sign both Deron and Dwight in the offseason.

Only if both players are going to sign for substantially less than the max. In real life, the Mavs have cleared enough space (assuming a Marion or Haywood amnesty) for roughly one max contract.

Lukor
12-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Only if both players are going to sign for substantially less than the max. In real life, the Mavs have cleared enough space (assuming a Marion or Haywood amnesty) for roughly one max contract.

Wrong, Haywood is tradeable and they can amnesty Marion, leaving them with only Dirk+Roddy+Dominique Jones (both on rookie contracts) in 2012. Thats just 24mill in salary. Its not rocket science.

Mel_13
12-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Wrong, Haywood is tradeable and they can amnesty Marion, leaving them with only Dirk+Roddy+Dominique Jones (both on rookie contracts) in 2012. Thats just 24mill in salary. Its not rocket science.

You can assume that they'll use the amnesty on Marion, but you can't assume that they'll be able to trade Haywood and bring back zero salary in return. Beyond that, they'll still have more obligations than the ones you list. You're right, it's not rocket science, it's just addition and subtraction.

m>s
12-15-2011, 09:33 AM
no one will pick haywood's contract imho. just hope JET accepts a vet minimum come the end of the season when his current contract expires then we'll still have enough room to land two max contractors (dirk/marion/others only count like 30m, haywood amnestied)

sefant77
12-15-2011, 09:36 AM

They have also the option to re-model Dirks contract. Like spread the remaining owned money over an additional year and boom Dirks salary counting against the cap drops from 21M to 13-14M...

Mel_13
12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
They have also the option to re-model Dirks contract. Like spread the remaining owned money over an additional year and boom Dirks salary counting against the cap drops from 21M to 13-14M...

My post was in response to this:

I just checked this out. With these moves, Dallas has cleared out enough cap room to sign both Deron and Dwight in the offseason.

The Mavs, even accounting for a Marion amnesty, have only cleared enough for one max contract. Now, if you want to imagine that they can salary dump Haywood and get Dirk to restructure his deal (and I haven't seen the details of how that might work under the new CBA, it was impossible under the old CBA) then other possibilities may exist.

sefant77
12-15-2011, 09:49 AM

Lets wait with this until he is out for weeks with a broken toe nail

Mel_13
12-15-2011, 09:50 AM
no one will pick haywood's contract imho. just hope JET accepts a vet minimum come the end of the season when his current contract expires then we'll still have enough room to land two max contractors (dirk/marion/others only count like 30m, haywood amnestied)

Even if all that came true, and there's still plenty you haven't accounted for:

58-30=28. 28M is not enough for 2 max contracts, and they'd have less than 28M even under your scenario.

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Lets wait with this until he is out for weeks with a broken toe nail

You sittin' there wishin' & hopin' that he reverts to form is adorable.

sefant77
12-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Of course not. But i wouldnt want him back in Dallas with this contract...

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 10:00 AM
...you've never rung without him.

m>s
12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Even if all that came true, and there's still plenty you haven't accounted for:

58-30=28. 28M is not enough for 2 max contracts, and they'd have less than 28M even under your scenario.

a multi-year contract starting with 14m the first year ain't a max but that's still a very acceptable offer imho, and i believe n!ggas would be glad to accept mavs offers rather than re-sign with their current teams and end up winning nothing. plus dirk will agree a paycut if needed, just to make the great project come true

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-15-2011, 10:14 AM
a multi-year contract starting with 14m the first year ain't a max but that's still a very acceptable offer imho, and i believe n!ggas would be glad to accept mavs offers rather than re-sign with their current teams and end up winning nothing. plus dirk will agree a paycut if needed, just to make the great project come true

Dirk's contract does not expire, they can't restructure it, like Mel said, unless they've changed the rules in the new CBA, which is doubtfull.

You're also forgetting cap holds, you can't give out two max contracts and then go over the cap filling up the roster.

1 max contract at most.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Tell me exactly how the heat signed 3 max contract players if the mavs can barely sign 2 even with only a couple of players under contract after this season? I think somebody Is misinterpreting the cap rules because something isn't adding up.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 12:29 PM
after looking again if we can move brenda and amnesty marion we can sign both of them to higher contract than even what lebron/wade/bosh are making, then structure the deal to pay them both more over time. since we have bird rights we could still bring back jet on a smaller contract, resign odom, and still use the MLE. we STACKED AS FUCK.

Stalin
12-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Nazi + Uber Athletic Ape

Pretty tough to stop

:lol

Mel_13
Tell me exactly how the heat signed 3 max contract players if the mavs can barely sign 2 even with only a couple of players under contract after this season? I think somebody Is misinterpreting the cap rules because something isn't adding up.

For one thing, did the Heat start the process with one of the three players on the books for 21M? And yes, you are missing quite a few things wrt the cap rules. If you weren't, you would have provided the details to prove your case. You haven't because you can't.

BG_Spurs_Fan
after looking again if we can move brenda and amnesty marion we can sign both of them to higher contract than even what lebron/wade/bosh are making, then structure the deal to pay them both more over time. since we have bird rights we could still bring back jet on a smaller contract, resign odom, and still use the MLE. we STACKED AS FUCK.

lol the CBA would be a very disheartening read for you :lol you should try it.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 12:41 PM
lol the CBA would be a very disheartening read for you :lol you should try it.

enlighten me i'm listening

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Bend over. I'll fuckin' enlighten ya.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Bend over. I'll teach ya to fuck with me.

Mav-elous Man
12-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Bend over. I'll fuckin' enlighten ya.

Enlighten deez nutz.

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Enlighten deez nutz.

Bend over. I'll fuckin' nutz.

stretch
12-15-2011, 02:48 PM

Bend over.

I'll show you Bend over. I'll fuckin' nutz.

Mav-elous Man
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM

Lol @ Giuseppe le Pew always trying to get laid on ST. Which is why I always tell you to go fuck yourself.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
still waiting on how we wouldn't have bird rights or mle

Giuseppe
12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
Lol @ Giuseppe le Pew always trying to get laid on ST. Which is why I always tell you to go fuck yourself.

But, I was first when I told Pass to go back and fuck his mother some more.

mavs>spurs
12-15-2011, 05:52 PM
^Gettin his petty on