PDA

View Full Version : Just because it's entertaining...

Yonivore
12-15-2011, 01:01 AM
...to watch some of you act like a bunch of fucktards.

The Rick Perry I Know (http://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2011/12/13/the-rick-perry-i-know/)

A little over a month ago, I had the opportunity to put together a video honoring Veterans Day to be shown at BlogCon 2011 in Denver, Colorado. In conjunction with FreedomWorks, I was able to get a handful of questions about Veterans Day over to a handful of politicians to have them say thank you to our troops. Because of technical difficulties, it wasn’t actually uploaded and shown to anyone until one day after Veterans Day much to my disappointment. You can view that video here and I hope you do.

But there was another part of this work that hasn’t been shown. When I sent the word out to these various politicians and policy makers that I wanted them to talk about veterans, I gave some very simple instructions: “Please be yourself, try not to do it scripted, and just basically tell me your thoughts on our troops.”

Out of those who responded, all but one sent me great videos that were about a minute and a half in length and mostly scripted. The one that sent me something different was Governor Rick Perry. His was a bit longer than a minute and a half. Eleven minutes actually. And I was so taken by how natural and patriotic he came across when he was off script and not trying to ‘zing’ another candidate that I immediately knew the footage had to be seen.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did and that, if nothing else, it will give you an insight into a man that is much more complex than the narrative being put out by his opposition.

Mh0dJnb-rlc

This is the Rick Perry I know, as well.

ChumpDumper
12-15-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm a cracker for Perry!

ElNono
12-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Does that apply to gay veterans too?

ElNono
12-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Who created this Rick Perry?

0PAJNntoRgA

This one?

0uvmKnFY4uk

ChumpDumper
12-15-2011, 01:06 AM
That's all the media's fault. :cry

Spurminator
12-15-2011, 01:38 AM
I'm sure Rick Perry is a decent guy overall. Just like the Texas governor before him. I have family who knows him fairly well, and if they don't hate him, I don't either.

But no man who agrees to read the script given to him for the "Strong" ad should ever be the President of this country, or frankly hold any position of power.

And it takes either a stupid person or a hopelessly integrity-deficient party cheerleader like Yonivore to think he should.

Trainwreck2100
12-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Not gonna lie I thought the first line was going to be

....... To use ellipses

Bill_Brasky
12-15-2011, 02:12 AM
The Rick Perry I know seems like he might be decent enough to sit down and chat with, but I want him nowhere near Washington.

Oh....and just saw your avy. "Hope he fails"? Really? You really want the man leading your country to be a failure?

DMX7
12-15-2011, 03:02 AM
Yoni probably wants to have a beer and an intimate moment with Rick, and that somehow makes Ricky presidential material.

Nbadan
12-15-2011, 03:08 AM
...bad news is we get him back as Governor...

Yonivore
12-15-2011, 07:31 AM
The Rick Perry I know seems like he might be decent enough to sit down and chat with, but I want him nowhere near Washington.

Oh....and just saw your avy. "Hope he fails"? Really? You really want the man leading your country to be a failure?
Yep. I wanted him to fail to implement his disastrous job-killing policies. Unfortunately, he's largely succeeded in getting them through ... with the predicted results.

Oh, Gee!!
12-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Rick Perry had 11 1/2 moments of lucidity!!!! He's my new favor of the month. I'm a cracker for Perry!!!

cheguevara
12-15-2011, 11:11 AM
:lol Rick Perry has ZERO chance to be nominated. Primates and pea brains should not even try tbh

Stringer_Bell
12-15-2011, 11:24 AM
That is the Rick Perry I know. It was unscripted. It was genuine. Oh, and did I mention he's a patriot?

Nuggas for Perry!

Winehole23
12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Yep. I wanted him to fail to implement his disastrous job-killing policies. Unfortunately, he's largely succeeded in getting them through ... with the predicted results.inasmuch the Texas miracle, so-called, largely has the public sector to thank for the growth in jobs, are you suggesting Rick Perry helped grow the government, "as predicted?"

Winehole23
12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Yoni just loves him some big government conservatism

RandomGuy
12-15-2011, 12:26 PM

The Rick Perry I Know (http://www.redstate.com/aglanon/2011/12/13/the-rick-perry-i-know/)

Mh0dJnb-rlc

What happens when he doesn't have the teleprompter to tell him what to think?

The Rick Perry *I* know was against the teleprompter, before he was for it, or... um.., he was against the three teleprompter agencies named, um... what was I talking, um, ab-oooh look a squirrel, get my gun!

FromWayDowntown
12-15-2011, 12:57 PM
So, when posters criticize politicians that Yonivore likes, they are acting like "fucktards;" When Yonivore criticizes politicians he does not like (in the same way that others criticize his favorites), he is not acting like a "fucktard."

Good to know.

FromWayDowntown
12-15-2011, 12:58 PM
deleted.

George Gervin's Afro
12-15-2011, 01:16 PM
So, when posters criticize politicians that Yonivore likes, they are acting like "fucktards;" When Yonivore criticizes politicians he does not like (in the same way that others criticize his favorites), he is not acting like a "fucktard."

Good to know.

logic isn't his strong suit

He's a hypocrite and damn proud of it!

cheguevara
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM

Good to know.

Not sure about others but I never insult posters for their views. El Che respects all views and angles.

The only fascist posters that attack other posters for their views in here IMO are buttondeux and CosmiCowgirl

RandomGuy
12-15-2011, 08:14 PM

Mh0dJnb-rlc

k_QDGdbg-QQ