PDA

View Full Version : Have we done anything yet?

Russo21
12-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Any good news? Any news at all? It's pretty quiet regarding the spurs.

Fireball
12-15-2011, 05:55 AM
No news ... we added TJ Ford ... we gonna keep RJ .... a D-League player will be our fifth big ... same core as last year ... high hopes for Anderson, Leonard and Splitter ... thats it

Russo21
12-15-2011, 06:08 AM
Ugh thanks Fireball. Sounds like a wicked offseason, the front office has been keeping busy, not.

Fireball
12-15-2011, 06:12 AM
well, time to amnesty RJ runs out tomorrow ... if they cannot trade him I expect nothing more to happen ... but perhaps the FO will surprise us

Russo21
12-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Sweet mate, thanks for the info. See what happen's tomorrow then. They should just cut ties with RJ and start afresh. Bonner and Dice still with us?

Fireball
12-15-2011, 06:48 AM
Sweet mate, thanks for the info. See what happen's tomorrow then. They should just cut ties with RJ and start afresh. Bonner and Dice still with us?

Bonner yes ... Dice decision can take until Dec. 19th ... likely will retire as he is not in training camp right now

Mel_13
12-15-2011, 08:46 AM
Any good news? Any news at all? It's pretty quiet regarding the spurs.

Maybe RC doesn't have the link to the Trade Machine.

TheChillFactor
12-15-2011, 08:50 AM
What do you people want? For Christ's sake we signed GANI LAWAL...

NickiRasgo
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
There were supposed to sign someone that can help us this season but then, they took an arrow in the knee.

Fireball
12-15-2011, 10:24 AM
And that knee is already bone-on-bone ...

cutewizard
12-15-2011, 10:56 AM
there are still some bigs in the market:

Chinese superstat Yi Jianlian, this is the best cager Asia has produced, skill-wise, a multi-dimensional foward/center

the Spurs should give him a try!!!

lefty
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Go Clippers, GO Clippers

will_spurs
12-15-2011, 02:12 PM
They should just cut ties with RJ and start afresh.

Cutting ties w/o a replacement does nothing, since the Spurs wouldn't be in a more favorable position cap-wise. If the Spurs are going to pay him, they might as well have him on the roster.

DarkGinobili
12-15-2011, 02:16 PM
There were supposed to sign someone that can help us this season but then, they took an arrow in the knee.

:lol

DejuanorwhatDude
12-15-2011, 02:43 PM
I think people need to chill out...regardless of what happens this is the Spurs organization we're talking about. Our roster right now has a great mix of youth and experience...something that in a lockout shortened season can not be undervalued. The Mavs, in contrast, are ancient. Their starting point guard is close to 40, ours is 29. They can pick up as many players as they want but in this new luxury tax system drafting well becomes infinitely more important.

In terms of FA, yes we suck. But thats something that we can't honestly ever change. Players just simply do not want to play in San Antonio. We are however much better at scouting and making the RIGHT signings on a whole(RJ and Bonner not included). We're not the Toronto Raptors however, and when the capspace opens up we'll have alot more to work with. Fans should be excited that we have basketball and an advantage(great FO) that makes the right moves a vast majority of the time.

cantthinkofanything
12-15-2011, 02:49 PM
I think people need to chill out...regardless of what happens this is the Spurs organization we're talking about. Our roster right now has a great mix of youth and experience...something that in a lockout shortened season can not be undervalued. The Mavs, in contrast, are ancient. Their starting point guard is close to 40, ours is 29. They can pick up as many players as they want but in this new luxury tax system drafting well becomes infinitely more important.

In terms of FA, yes we suck. But thats something that we can't honestly ever change. Players just simply do not want to play in San Antonio. We are however much better at scouting and making the RIGHT signings on a whole(RJ and Bonner not included). We're not the Toronto Raptors however, and when the capspace opens up we'll have alot more to work with. Fans should be excited that we have basketball and an advantage(great FO) that makes the right moves a vast majority of the time.

Yeah, if you're going to exclude the disasterous signings, I'm sure it's all pretty good.

On the other hand, it's amazing what this team has accomplished given the shitty positions we've had to draft from. Excluding 1987 and 1997.

Russo21
12-16-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah, if you're going to exclude the disasterous signings, I'm sure it's all pretty good.

On the other hand, it's amazing what this team has accomplished given the shitty positions we've had to draft from. Excluding 1987 and 1997.

Just goes to show how freakin great David Robinson and Tim Duncan were:toast

jeebus
12-16-2011, 12:07 AM
We resigned Steve Novak. That at least puts us in a lock for the Finals.

gospursgojas
12-16-2011, 02:26 AM
Everybody really wanted Nene, then Caron, then battier, then grant hill, then kaman, then we finally settled for Josh Howard...then nobody sighed with us.

G-Dawgg
12-16-2011, 08:16 AM
The Spurs have done nothing... how do they expect us fans to get excited about the season when they were eliminated in the first round last year and haven't done anything to better their roster. The core is a year older, and they got rid of our best 6th man in George Hill, yet failed to get rid of the players everybody wanted gone the most in Richard Jefferson and Matt Bonner. I want to be excited about the youth on this team, but we all know that Popovich doesn't really play newbies much and will never let them become real contributers this early in their Spurs careers.

I wish they'd give us something to be excited about!! Make a trade that will make us optimistic..or make us believe we'll do better than last year..... to me, the same bunch of guys as last year means we'll get the same result as last year. Our roster actually looks worse this year on paper than last year's.

I bet ticket sales this year will be down.
Another first round exit unless we make a change IMO.

yavozerb
12-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Spurs will be down to 44 mil. minus TD's contract and not minus RJ's amnesty (if they choose to use it) for next offseason. Should have a whole different feeling in the offseasons during the post TD era....

Mr. Body
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM
It's a bit amazing that, following getting punched out of the playoffs in assertive fashion last year, the team managed to do next to nothing to make the roster better. I mean, Kawhi Leonard... yeah.

Fireball
12-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Pop blames most of it on the health of Timmy and Manu going into the playoffs. But its not as if they haven't tried to do something, although the FO focused on the SF position instead of getting a solid bigman ...

Josepatches_
12-16-2011, 10:50 AM
We resigned Steve Novak. That at least puts us in a lock for the Finals.

Great news

SenorSpur
12-16-2011, 10:50 AM
It's hard for be to believe that Pop and RC are content upon entering the NBA season with the same deficient frontline that got "waxed" by the Grizzlies in the first round upset of last season's playoffs. That series should've been a wakeup call to everyone that improvements to their frontline needed to be the priority.

From the overall decline of their best player in Duncan, to the undersized stature of Blair, to the slow-footed, defensive limitations of Bonner, the holes in this frontline are both gaping and glaring. The FO knows this as much as we do. I know they have limited assets, but I have to believe that they have a plan to do something about it before the season starts.

With McDyess almost certain to retire now, I wonder if the Spurs regret not retaining Ian Mahinmi now? Obviously he had his issues and limitations, but certainly could've been as serviceable of an option as anything else they have on the frontline now. Just saying.

Josepatches_
12-16-2011, 11:19 AM
We have a solid big in Splitter.I hope he can play. If you take out Duncan he's the best big we had since Robinson

It was a great run but the team always was Duncan so the team is done .....