12-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Coach Pop
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2011/12/15/111215popmov-1936051

RJ
http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2011/12/15/111215jeffersonmov-1936043

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

timvp
12-15-2011, 03:56 PM
RJ said Kawai has been playing "great". RJ also said he worked out with Kawai in the summer. So I guess props to RJ for helping out a youngster outside of company time.

Pop was all over the map. He went on a long rant defending RJ ... but then when asked whether he was going to get amnestied, Pop sidestepped the question.

Reporter: Is RJ going to get amnestied?

Pop: No one has gotten amnestied yet.

lol @ Pop

Pop also said everyone played poorly in the Memphis series other than Gary Neal. Not sure which series Pop was watching but Neal was as bad as everyone else outside of that one shot.

arles
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
I liked pop defending RJ.
At least it wasn't one of those interviews when he answers with "yes" and "no" all the time.

Fireball
12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Pop said that Tiago will help the team getting better defensively ... so obviously he's gotten over himself (i.e. going healthy through training camp)

SenorSpur
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
RJ said Kawai has been playing "great". RJ also said he worked out with Kawai in the summer. So I guess props to RJ for helping out a youngster outside of company time.

Pop was all over the map. He went on a long rant defending RJ ... but then when asked whether he was going to get amnestied, Pop sidestepped the question.

lol @ Pop

Pop also said everyone played poorly in the Memphis series other than Gary Neal. Not sure which series Pop was watching but Neal was as bad as everyone else outside of that one shot.

That's good to hear about RJ - that he was helping out the rook, who will eventually take his position. RJ may be an on-court wuss, at times, but at least he's a professional. I wont be too terribly disappointed if the Spurs are forced to keep him, after all.

ElNono
12-15-2011, 04:51 PM
lol @ Pop

Don't know what Pop has been watching for a few seasons now, tbh

Cant_Be_Faded
12-15-2011, 05:01 PM

lol @ Pop

Well maybe that's why he didn't mention neal. Cuz that shot took guts, balls, and clutch factor that not one other spur exhibited. Although following that logic i would have said manu was good too after that heroic game two. But his bar is higher than just one great playoff game.

weebo
12-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Do we really want RJ teaching anything to anyone on the Spurs??? just sayin....

TimmehC
12-15-2011, 05:32 PM
If RJ taught Kawhi his new shooting mechanics, then good - dude was one of the best outside shooters in the league last year. Any lessons on anything else should be viewed with skepticism.

spurs10
12-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Pop is right about everyone playing poorly in the Memphis series. I thought one-armed Manu was the closest we had to an inspired performance and him being out the first game turned the tide against us pretty good. Everyone has something to prove, whether they have the talent, size, and athleticism is another thing. Being #1 all year and flaming out the way they did is something to light a fire under you....I hope.

Bill_Brasky
12-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Really respect RJ's attitude. Let's hope he has a little more success this year, because a guy who carries himself like that deserves it.

objective
12-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Only Neal played well?

That just proves it: Splitter playing well against Memphis wasn't fair to the team guys.

and on the whole RJ thing:

The whole schtick of being dumbfounded with RJ is quite amusing. "Everybody always asks about amnesty, I always wonder why 'Richard Richard Richard?' As if we didn't advance in the playoffs because of Richard . . . everybody singled out Richard which is pretty unfair . . . "

. . . uh, if he wasn't a problem as far as advancing in the playoffs, then why did you bench him in the final game to decide your season without any SFs in his place? Maybe he's singled out because of that.

Typical San Antonio media to not bring that up or anything like it with a follow up question. Save some of that liquid courage for the interview sessions instead of the public roadways fellas.

Ice009
12-16-2011, 01:03 AM
. . . uh, if he wasn't a problem as far as advancing in the playoffs, then why did you bench him in the final game to decide your season without any SFs in his place? Maybe he's singled out because of that.

Typical San Antonio media to not bring that up or anything like it with a follow up question. Save some of that liquid courage for the interview sessions instead of the public roadways fellas.

What happens if you ask these questions? Do you not get anymore interviews? is there consequences to asking these types of questions?

objective
12-16-2011, 01:10 AM
well, they would get fired. so yeah, it's not in their best interest to respond as journalists when Pop says things like that. that's the kind of pressure that can manifest itself in other ways.

The Truth #6
12-16-2011, 01:43 AM
Actually a good interview with RJ. I can't tell if he's just saying the right things, but everything sounded right.

Johnson
12-16-2011, 01:43 AM
if they got retaliated against, just for being good reporters, seems that they would have a legitimate complaint.

Like everyone else here, I'm unsatisfied by S.A. reporters when they report on the spurs...