PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard Signs with Jazz

Man Mountain
12-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Utah Jazz officials say they have reached a deal with free agent Josh Howard pending the outcome of a successful physical.

This is bad news right?

benefactor
12-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh! Look! A Josh Howard thread right below yours!

edgar
12-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Thank God!

I am thrilled to hear of such good news, we do not need a pot head in our team disrupting our team chemistry!

DeadlyDynasty
12-15-2011, 08:01 PM
When I think Josh Howard, the last city I think about is SLC

ElNono
12-15-2011, 08:07 PM
How's the mormon ganja?

ohmwrecker
12-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Who do we obsess over now? Travis Outlaw?

Hooks
12-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Good, didn't want him on the Spurs' roster, he would've taken PT from Kawhi for sure.

mavsfan1000
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
J-Ho is a beast.

ohmwrecker
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
How's the mormon ganja?

Unbelievable.

Russ
12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
How's the mormon ganja?

Look what it did to Mitt Romney.

roycrikside
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I for one am glad Butler and Howard aren't Spurs. I've never liked those guys.

GB20
12-15-2011, 09:02 PM
this news made my day because this make Pop to play kwahi even more minutes.

sananspursfan21
12-15-2011, 11:21 PM
bitter sweet.. hes the last of the sfs i wanted to see sign, but when he was the last resort, i really hoped hard on him comin here. much as we may joke about him, rjs better than whats available now

baseline bum
12-15-2011, 11:22 PM
Looks like the Spurs are about to get Dicked for another season.

angelbelow
12-16-2011, 12:12 AM
More importantly.. this means AK47 will not be returning to the Jazz :cry

BadOne
12-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Look what it did to Mitt Romney.

:lol:lol:lol

smrattler
12-16-2011, 08:50 AM
So, in a straight up us or them, we can't even sway free agents from freaking Salt Lake City??????????????

Fireball
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
So, in a straight up us or them, we can't even sway free agents from freaking Salt Lake City??????????????

In this case I am quite happy about it ...

lefty
12-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Oh! Look! A Josh Howard thread right below yours!
:lol

mexicanjunior
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I'm glad he didn't sign here, would have been a TERRIBLE addition.

smrattler
12-16-2011, 03:02 PM
In this case I am quite happy about it ...

Yeah, but that's not the point.

I don't care about losing out on this individual, it's just the damn trend! All things being equal, free agents do not come here unless they owe someone a favor or something.

Obstructed_View
12-16-2011, 03:27 PM
So far the Spurs have gotten the free agents that matter. Getting Barry, Finley, Horry, Rasho, Robinson etc are more important than missing out on Grant Hill and Josh Howard.

SilverSpur
12-16-2011, 07:05 PM
More importantly.. this means AK47 will not be returning to the Jazz :cry

Nice!, would like to get him, but we will miss out on him as well for one reason or another.

Obstructed_View
12-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Nice!, would like to get him, but we will miss out on him as well for one reason or another.

Nope, just the one reason: Money.

BillMc
12-16-2011, 07:50 PM
Didn't see this elsewhere, but Howard gave what thoughts he had on Utah vs. Spurs in this SI interview:

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/12/16/qa-with-jazz-forward-josh-howard/?sct=nba_t2_a7

Howard: It was San Antonio, Utah and [some interest from] New York at the end.

SI.com: Why Utah?

Howard: It was really looking back at my years playing in the NBA and coming to Utah, and seeing that home-court advantage they had, as far as the fans coming out and supporting them nonstop. And I know guys here will play hard 24-7. To top it all off, Devin Harris is here, and he’s in a contract year, so you know he’s going to give it his all. [Editor's note: Harris has two years left on his contract.] I also know Al Jefferson pretty well and I’m excited to play with him.

SI.com: You worked out for Kevin O’Connor, Utah’s GM. What did you do? What did he want to see from you?

Howard: I just did what I’ve been doing since the lockout was going on — my individual workout. I showed them my single-leg jump on my left knee — the one I had the ACL surgery on — and I showed them I still have my mobility. I did a lot of full-court stuff, so they could see I’m back.

SI.com: Were there any other players there for you to play one-on-one against or something?

Howard: No, just me, Mr. O’Connor and my trainer.

SI.com: So how is the knee? How are you feeling?

Howard: I feel as good as I’ve felt in long time. It has been more than a year and a half now since the surgery and recovery. I need to get some five-on-five games, and get my basketball legs under me.

SI.com: How close are you with Devin Harris? It sounds like his presence in Utah was a big factor for you.

Howard: We’re close. We both still stay in Dallas during the offseason. I go to his camps over the summer, and he goes to mine. Me and his brother are very close as well. We have kept in touch throughout the years. We were two young guys coming into the league in Dallas, and now we’re two vets leaning on each other.

SI.com: Why not the Spurs? They are a contender, and they have a possible opening at small forward if they use the amnesty provision on Richard Jefferson. Did you have a direct conversation with them about whether they would do that if you signed?

Howard: It was ultimately about Utah and the right fit. San Antonio is a great organization and had me come in for a workout as well.

SI.com: Was the workout with the Spurs just like the one in Utah, a private thing for Gregg Popovich and R.C. Buford?

Howard: I didn’t have a workout for them like I had with Mr. O’Connor. [The Spurs] wanted to see my single-leg jump, and they took my measurements, but that’s it.

slick'81
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
spurs just covering their bases

tmtcsc
12-16-2011, 11:15 PM
:rollinIn other words, it was really a choice between Howard and Novack for the Spurs. Too funny.

I really am glad he didn't sign with us. I just don't like the guy as a player. I'd much rather see the young guys get the minutes.

Obstructed_View
12-17-2011, 02:23 AM
lol Devin Harris. What a fucking dope. If I didn't know better I'd suspect that ducks is Josh Howard.