PDA

View Full Version : I only post this to ask...

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 12:22 PM
...a question that I've not seen addressed in the media.

KUHNER: Obama’s Watergate (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/15/obamas-watergate-758295296/)

Why are so many of the guns being left at the scenes of the crimes?

I mean, how would we know that so many murders, in Mexico, were committed with guns acquired in the United States if the guns weren't recovered and traced back here?

It's as if someone was trying to support a "pulled-from-the-ass" number...

Counting Mexico’s Guns (http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/counting-mexicos-guns/)

President Obama says 90 percent of Mexico's recovered crime guns come from the U.S. That's not what the statistics show.
Well, at least that's not what the statistics showed then. But, if you flood the murderous Mexican cartels with enough American guns and ask them to conveniently leave them behind at the scenes of hundreds of murders...you just might be able to bump those numbers up, eh?

Okay, that's my second why question.

Why did the United States not make any effort to track the guns after they crossed the border and, now, why did the cartels leave the guns behind? They paid good money for them.

ChumpDumper
12-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Obama asked the drug cartels to leave guns at murder scenes.

This is your theory.

Winehole23
12-16-2011, 12:43 PM
if clause. idle speculation.

RandomGuy
12-16-2011, 12:50 PM
k_QDGdbg-QQ

George Gervin's Afro
12-16-2011, 01:02 PM
...a question that I've not seen addressed in the media.

KUHNER: Obama’s Watergate (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/15/obamas-watergate-758295296/)

Why are so many of the guns being left at the scenes of the crimes?

I mean, how would we know that so many murders, in Mexico, were committed with guns acquired in the United States if the guns weren't recovered and traced back here?

It's as if someone was trying to support a "pulled-from-the-ass" number...

Counting Mexico’s Guns (http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/counting-mexicos-guns/)

Well, at least that's not what the statistics showed then. But, if you flood the murderous Mexican cartels with enough American guns and ask them to conveniently leave them behind at the scenes of hundreds of murders...you just might be able to bump those numbers up, eh?

Okay, that's my second why question.

Why did the United States not make any effort to track the guns after they crossed the border and, now, why did the cartels leave the guns behind? They paid good money for them.

watergate..lol

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 01:29 PM
watergate..lol
Yeah, the "Hyphen-gate" is getting a bit worn.

But, that doesn't discount the legitimate questions of why the U.S. allowed guns to walk across the border and why so many of them are abandoned at Mexican crime scenes, does it?

George Gervin's Afro
12-16-2011, 01:31 PM

But, that doesn't discount the legitimate questions of why the U.S. allowed guns to walk across the border and why so many of them are abandoned at Mexican crime scenes, does it?

I think Obama forgot to pick them up..

JoeChalupa
12-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Quien sabe?

ChumpDumper
12-16-2011, 01:34 PM

But, that doesn't discount the legitimate questions of why the U.S. allowed guns to walk across the border and why so many of them are abandoned at Mexican crime scenes, does it?Who said they were abandoned at Mexican crime scenes?

Oh, I also forgot -- lol Moonie Times.

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 01:42 PM
I think Obama forgot to pick them up..
God, you're on fire today!

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Who said they were abandoned at Mexican crime scenes?
Because that's where they were found.

Oh, Gee!!
12-16-2011, 02:19 PM

This is your theory.

to bolster his 2009 claim that guns used by the cartels were from the U.S. Kinda like when he illegally annexed seven Candian states to bolster his claim that the U.S. had 57 states (and not 50 like we always believed).

CosmicCowboy
12-16-2011, 02:44 PM

This is your theory.

:lmao

That's what I read too...

ChumpDumper
12-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Because that's where they were found.Link please. Hadn't seen that detail.

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 03:02 PM
:lmao

That's what I read too...
That's a cynical take, don't you think?

But, absent any answers from the administration on why they allowed the guns to cross, in the first place; a cynic could be forgiven thinking there was a political motive for this debacle.

CosmicCowboy
12-16-2011, 03:04 PM
You realize that a lot of weapons are used in gunfights, right? And a lot of the cartel guys end up dead or wounded? They really can't carry their weapons off then...

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 03:07 PM
You realize that a lot of weapons are used in gunfights, right? And a lot of the cartel guys end up dead? They really can't carry their weapons off then...
Point taken.

CosmicCowboy
12-16-2011, 03:09 PM
A lot of the other weapons are seized in conjunction with raids on cartel safe houses...you know...those pictures you always see with piles of guns and drugs...

CosmicCowboy
12-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Plus, Obama just pulled that 90% number out of his ass...

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
A lot of the other weapons are seized in conjunction with raids on cartel safe houses...you know...those pictures you always see with piles of guns and drugs...
I concede the point but, it doesn't answer the question of why the United States government would knowingly arm the cartels at a time when the President is apologizing for so many American guns ending being used in crimes there.

And, to do so without informing the Mexican government.

So, I guess I'm back to the first why.

Yonivore
12-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Plus, Obama just pulled that 90% number out of his ass...
I know he did. That's part of what feeds the cynicism.

ChumpDumper
12-17-2011, 12:27 AM
Plus, Obama just pulled that 90% number out of his ass...Reading the link might clear that up for you.

ElNono
12-17-2011, 01:42 AM
You realize that a lot of weapons are used in gunfights, right? And a lot of the cartel guys end up dead or wounded? They really can't carry their weapons off then...

:lol

It's the ellipsis-gate!

ElNono
12-17-2011, 01:44 AM
at a time when the President is apologizing for so many American guns ending being used in crimes there.

He is? When?

Winehole23
12-17-2011, 01:48 AM
http://www.breitbart.tv/holder-refuses-to-apologize-to-murdered-border-agents-family-killed-with-fast-and-furious-weapon/

Winehole23
12-17-2011, 01:49 AM
I find no Obama apology.

little help, Yoni?

byrontx
12-17-2011, 12:21 PM
So the program was badly administered? Is your contention that the Mexican drug cartels would have had to resort to hitting each other over the head with their huaraches were it not for the program? There is a big difference between a screwed up federal program and purposely breaking into the political opposition's headquarter to plant bugs; an overt criminal act. It says more about how transparent and law-abiding President Obama's administration has been when this is the best dirt the frothing-at-the-mouth Repubs have been able to come up with.

Guns don't kill people...

Nbadan
12-17-2011, 12:31 PM
A link was posted not too long ago which showed that drug cartel get most of their weapons at gun shows and gun stores in the U.S., the whole 'fast and furious' program should have never been done, but it hardly led to a microcosm of the guns available to drug cartel possession...all political. no facts....

boutons_deux
12-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Yoni and Repugs think they can bring Barry down with this fabricated outrage.

yes, the guns sold to straw buyers by licensed and private dealers mostly come from TX, NM, NV, AZ. Gun fetishism and gun-confiscation/home-defense paranoia as pushed by NRA and guns/ammo industry is all about the money, not about 2nd amendment.

Nbadan
12-17-2011, 02:06 PM
The NRA would probably like for this to quietly go away.....that's why it will be nothing but a wing-nut fantasy..