PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups to Clippers? Shady move by NBA?

InRareForm
12-16-2011, 12:39 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_chris_paul_trade_nba_david_stern_12151 1

lefty
12-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I didnt read all that

DMC
12-16-2011, 02:19 PM
This is a way for the league to keep the strength in LA without giving the impression of favoring the Lakers.

Had it been SA thwarted by the league on that deal, no one would give a shit.

No one gives a shit that Houston didn't get what they wanted, only that the Lakers didn't.

rayjayjohnson
12-16-2011, 03:47 PM
dell demps looks like ray nagin

Obstructed_View
12-16-2011, 04:08 PM
I'm unsure how the NBA would put its credibility on the line for Billups to the Clippers, of all things.

DMC
12-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Residuals of the Paul debacle imo. No one gives a shit where Billups goes.

VBM
12-16-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm unsure how the NBA would put its credibility on the line for Billups to the Clippers, of all things.

If it made the Clipper deal happen, Stern isn't above taking that risk

Killakobe81
12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
This is a way for the league to keep the strength in LA without giving the impression of favoring the Lakers.

Had it been SA thwarted by the league on that deal, no one would give a shit.

No one gives a shit that Houston didn't get what they wanted, only that the Lakers didn't.

Not me .. i felt for the Rox too ... they mesed with their player's heads as well. But at least they didnt whine and bitch like Lamar did ...

DMC
12-16-2011, 06:36 PM
Not me .. i felt for the Rox too ... they mesed with their player's heads as well. But at least they didnt whine and bitch like Lamar did ...
No, I mean no one who matters. :lol

I was talking about writers.

Also, they didn't have room to whine and bitch. They keep missing the fucking playoffs, how much leverage should they have?

On the other hand, you have a guy who won 6th man of the year and was a big part of your team's success (nevermind the skunker) and he gets told via what, twitter, that he's on the block for a PG? Really?

Giuseppe
12-16-2011, 06:59 PM

...and they didn't quit. Odom quit.

Obstructed_View
12-16-2011, 07:29 PM
If it made the Clipper deal happen, Stern isn't above taking that risk

Billups hadn't been amnestied yet, had he? Not sure how they could have gotten New York to go along with it without use of a time machine.