PDA

View Full Version : Scientists create most dangerous virus strain in the lab

InRareForm
12-16-2011, 08:00 PM
why?

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/videos/deadly-flu-virus-created-in-the-lab

JayTheClown
12-16-2011, 08:31 PM
why?

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/videos/deadly-flu-virus-created-in-the-lab

So they can use it on gays and Africans:lol

redzero
12-16-2011, 08:37 PM
So they can use it on gays and Africans:lol

Damn, beat me to it.

mavs>spurs
12-16-2011, 09:29 PM
it's only a matter of time before one of these stupid viruses they keep creating escapes smh

Wild Cobra
12-17-2011, 12:08 AM
it's only a matter of time before one of these stupid viruses they keep creating escapes smh
And people are worried about nuclear radiation. Viruses can potentially kill everyone!

BlackSwordsMan
12-17-2011, 12:31 AM
This is how resident evil started

TDMVPDPOY
12-17-2011, 01:21 AM
its stupid how they are allowed to create such viruses, CERN bullshit, beastality in middle east...but wont allow stem cell research or cloning of humans...

CubanSucks
12-17-2011, 01:37 AM
http://chzholidays.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/28-days-later.gif

Stringer_Bell
12-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Hahaha, science is awesome. Hey, what's worse than swine flu? I know, lab-created Swine Flu 2.0. Hopefully when this one leaks, the stores are already stockpiled with the vaccines so we can all buy it.

E-Coli
12-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Humanity is its worse own enemy.

Nathan Explosion
12-17-2011, 01:30 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs4/i/2004/239/9/7/vector__12_monkeys.jpg

pass1st
12-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Scientists say they are trying to figure out how the virus could occur naturally

Isn't the first time news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/2122619.stm

mouse
12-17-2011, 11:40 PM
They are so bored with not being able to cure Cancer or prove Man Evolved form a Snail they have to do something with they're time.

Actually there is big money in creating a weapon that can wipe out or disable a city of people. Then there is more money in finding a cure.

I like how Professor Google aka Agloco avoids topics that call out the Scientists.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I like how Professor Google aka Agloco avoids topics that call out the Scientists.

Awwww, thanks for caring mouse. I was overseas helping to make your life a bit safer. Cheers.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Awwww, thanks for caring mouse. I was overseas helping to make your life a bit safer. Cheers.

Explain this statement. I think all US meddling overseas actually increases the threat of an attack imho.

Tell us, how are YOU involved in the meddling?

Agloco
12-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Explain this statement. I think all US meddling overseas actually increases the threat of an attack imho.

Tell us, how are YOU involved in the meddling?

What leads you to believe that I act on behalf of the US government, regardless of my location?

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 05:38 PM
Dunno enlighten us

Agloco
12-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Dunno enlighten us

Since you made the initial assumption, I'll kindly abdicate the floor. You obviously possess some insight on my motives which the rest of us don't.

Do share.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
So who do you work for? I wasn't aware of any other interests who are active overseas in "making our lives safer." Maybe you are playing semantics and don't work for the "US Gov" but work for a "US Gov Agency?"

Agloco
12-18-2011, 05:56 PM
I wasn't aware of any other interests who are active overseas in "making our lives safer."

Seems as if you have a lot of catching up to do.

Maybe you are playing semantics and don't work for the "US Gov" but work for a "US Gov Agency?"

Negative.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
you work for the IAEA?

Agloco
12-18-2011, 06:35 PM
you work for the IAEA?

See what happens when you do some homework?

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 07:05 PM
i did no homework just slipped my mind. so what, you guys are finding out that iran is in no way trying to build weapons?

Agloco
12-18-2011, 08:18 PM
i did no homework just slipped my mind. so what, you guys are finding out that iran is in no way trying to build weapons?

Do you believe that the Iran situation will take care of itself?

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 08:42 PM

I think we should stop fucking meddling in the worlds business. We have military bases in every fucking country on earth and spend almost a trillion dollars per year on defense. All that does is piss people off and create a boogeyman for us to "fight" against. It's pure American imperialism.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 08:50 PM
I think we should stop fucking meddling in the worlds business. We have military bases in every fucking country on earth and spend almost a trillion dollars per year on defense. All that does is piss people off and create a boogeyman for us to "fight" against. It's pure American imperialism.

Non-sequitur tbh. I'll put my question to you again:

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah, Iran will take care of itself just fine if we stop covertly bombing their facilities and just leave it the fuck alone.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah, Iran will take care of itself just fine if we stop covertly bombing their facilities and just leave it the fuck alone.

Do you believe that their nuclear program is a peaceful one?

Arlington Native
12-18-2011, 09:02 PM
Who gives a shit...it's fucking Iran.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 09:14 PM

Yeah, they aren't going to get a bomb and start nuking countries brah. Pretty sure Pakistan is full of jihadists and they have one, you can't police the entire world brah. That right there is what makes you a target.

You should probably stop listening to Republican talk radio.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah, they aren't going to get a bomb and start nuking countries brah. Pretty sure Pakistan is full of jihadists and they have one, you can't police the entire world brah. That right there is what makes you a target.

There you go with your assumptions again.

And you were doing so well.

Tell me, does Iran openly support any organizations which might start "nuking" people?

Does Pakistan?

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 09:50 PM
:cry Iran is gonna get a nuke and give it to Hezbollah to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth :cry

Damn for a nuclear scientist you really are naive and lacking in reason. I guess they didn't teach that in a textbook?

Agloco
12-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Who gives a shit...it's fucking Iran.

Anyone thats directly involved with the situation. I know that its hard for some Americans to accept the fact that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
:cry Iran is gonna get a nuke and give it to Hezbollah to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth :cry

Damn for a nuclear scientist you really are naive and lacking in reason. I guess they didn't teach that in a textbook?

Judging from your post, youve obviously had more dealings with the Iranian government than I have.

Care to share your wisdom with the naive?

scott
12-18-2011, 09:59 PM

And with that statement, you have about as much credibility as Republican talk radio hosts.

3.8 GPA!

scott
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Put down the textbook, pick up YouTubes

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 10:06 PM
:lol another one who believes in boogeymen.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Judging from your post, youve obviously had more dealings with the Iranian government than I have.

Care to share your wisdom with the naive?

So who in the Iranian government directly told you that they were developing nukes and planned to use them against other countries? Be specific.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
So who in the Iranian government directly told you that they were developing nukes and planned to use them against other countries? Be specific.

:lol

I sincerely hope you don't expect me to discuss affairs of state with you.

Suffice it to say, one of us is talking out of their ass while the other has a perspective borne of professional experience.

I'll leave it to the more intelligent people figure out.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM
:lol You could be an internet troll for all the "intelligent" people here know. Get outta here with your boogeyman theories, the US gov has been using fear mongering to do its bidding for how long now?

Agloco
12-18-2011, 11:17 PM
:lol You could be an internet troll for all the "intelligent" people here know. Get outta here with your boogeyman theories, the US gov has been using fear mongering to do its bidding for how long now?

Still hung up on the US Government I see. Good thing we established that I had no connection to it, oh about 20 posts prior.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Its funny how scientists keep finding ways to make the world a more harmful place instead fo safer. How about throwing some cures instead of viruses our way?

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Still hung up on the US Government I see. Good thing we established that I had no connection to it, oh about 20 posts prior.

:lmao you don't think the US Gov has any influence over the IAEA??? Brah if you have money, you can influence anything the fuck you want. The gov wants to hit Iran, and if you guys need to "find" something in order to do it, then dammit you're gonna "find something."

Agloco
12-18-2011, 11:39 PM
You don't think the US Gov has any influence over the IAEA???

Certainly not the kind which would compel me to falsify an inspection report and spark an unwarranted conflict.

But then again, you know more about the IAEA and its inner workings than i do. :lol

Agloco
12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
The gov wants to hit Iran, and if you guys need to "find" something in order to do it, then dammit you're gonna "find something."

Pretty silly tbh.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 11:42 PM
Certainly not the kind which would compel me to falsify an inspection report and spark an unwarranted conflict.

But then again, you know more about the IAEA and its inner workings than i do. :lol

I seriously doubt if you are in the position of authority which you are implying yourself to be in. You may in fact work for the IAEA but you are nobody of importance, just some technician. You don't know what the big boys talk about and if you were involved with all that, you wouldn't have this much time for spurstalk. Sorry to call your bluff brah.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Its funny how scientists keep finding ways to make the world a more harmful place instead fo safer. How about throwing some cures instead of viruses our way?

There's very little profit in a cure. Just saying.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 11:47 PM
You may in fact work for the IAEA but you are nobody of importance, just some technician.

Technicians are important too. Don't be so harsh on yourself.

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
I'm not a nuclear technician, that's you.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 11:53 PM
You don't know what the big boys talk about and if you were involved with all that, you wouldn't have this much time for spurstalk.

An atomic scientist can't enjoy a few drinks and banter on the interwebs during the holidays?

mavs>spurs
12-18-2011, 11:55 PM
An atomic scientist can't enjoy a few drinks and banter on the interwebs during the holidays?

No, I said you weren't in such a position of authority that you REALLY know everything that goes on. Not that you weren't a scientist or couldn't post online. You only know what you are told tbh. You aren't "in the know" much more than the next guy tbh. Just like many government officials don't know that they are working for the new world order.

Agloco
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm not a nuclear technician, that's you.

Wanna give me the next mega millions numbers while you're at it?

Agloco
12-19-2011, 12:02 AM
No, I said you weren't in such a position of authority that you REALLY know everything that goes on.

Ah so.

Who really knows everything that's going on though? You?

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 12:08 AM
No, but we can speculate and use a little common sense. It's pretty obvious at this point that a lot of fear mongering goes on with the muslim boogeyman. I just think that it's none of our business what other countries do and our meddling is what puts us at risk of an attack. Why would Iran give a nuke to Hezbollah and have Israel nuked, being so close to its own borders and knowing what the response would be? Why would they nuke anyone knowing that response? And where is the proof that their program is not peaceful?

Agloco
12-19-2011, 12:11 AM
You only know what you are told tbh. You aren't "in the know" much more than the next guy tbh.

You base this on what exactly?

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 12:16 AM
the fact that you have so much time to post on spurstalk. so are you in a position of authority or just a low level technician? shouldn't be such a hard question to answer. surely someone whom all of our safety depends on wouldn't post on spurstalk all night and day instead of saving the world from certain destruction at the hands of the iranian boogeyman.

Spurtacus
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
No, but we can speculate and use a little common sense. It's pretty obvious at this point that a lot of fear mongering goes on with the muslim boogeyman. I just think that it's none of our business what other countries do and our meddling is what puts us at risk of an attack. Why would Iran give a nuke to Hezbollah and have Israel nuked, being so close to its own borders and knowing what the response would be? Why would they nuke anyone knowing that response? And where is the proof that their program is not peaceful?

I concur. All of Ahmadadooty's talk is just politics. He's not insane enough to attack a country let alone with a nuke.

Agloco
12-19-2011, 12:19 AM
No, but we can speculate and use a little common sense. And where is the proof that their program is not peaceful?

Well using common sense should dictate that if I had the answer to your question, I wouldn't share it with you.

Proof is in the pudding as they say. Its a mosaic born of many travels to the middle east.

Id like to know what your opinion is born of.......besides common sense.

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 12:25 AM
Well using common sense should dictate that if I had the answer to your question, I wouldn't share it with you.

Proof is in the pudding as they say. Its a mosaic born of many travels to the middle east.

Id like to know what your opinion is born of.......besides common sense.

The proof isn't in the pudding at all, unless you mean proof that nothing is going on and it's all politics. If you have something that says otherwise, then prove it or shut up. This whole "I work for the IAEA, I'm in the know! I can't tell you why, just trust me!" shtick doesn't validate your argument at all.

Agloco
12-19-2011, 12:27 AM
the fact that you have so much time to post on spurstalk. so are you in a position of authority or just a low level technician?

You'll either have to take me at face value or simply dismiss my postings as ramblings. I won't elaborate further.

As for time....well I've bantered back and forth with you for about 2 hours now. I do this in between reading journals and sipping some Marnier.

Ordinarily Id just read at night anyway.

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Since you guys have been investigating this, if you have found proof that Iran's program is not peaceful, PLEASE by all means feel free to post some kind of evidence. If they had such proof, we wouldn't even be having this conversation it would be all Israel needed in order to attack.

Agloco
12-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Since you guys have been investigating this, if you have found proof that Iran's program is not peaceful, PLEASE by all means feel free to post some kind of evidence.

Sigh.... ok,

http://www.iaea.org/Publications/Documents/Board/2011/gov2011-65.pdf

Pay particular attention to section C1, C2, C3 as well as section G sub-paragraphs 38, 42-43 and section K sub paragraphs 52-54.

Most importantly, just about half of this report contains an Annex dealing directly with the military dimensions of Iran's program.

Since you don't understand the science behind this report, you'll no doubt dismiss the evidence out of hand.

Happy reading.

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 01:55 PM
If you already know that one would have to be a nuclear scientist in order to make sense of it, couldn't you just put it in layman's terms? And is the evidence not conclusive enough to be used as a green light or something?

Agloco
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM
If you already know that one would have to be a nuclear scientist in order to make sense of it.....

I didn't say that. I stated that YOU likely wouldn't understand the science behind the report. Looks like I was correct.

Couldn't you just put it in layman's terms?

Already attempted to do that (see the first 2 pages of this thread) and failed. Thus I took a more direct approach.

What do you want? I won't hold your hand here. I get the sense that you're just intellectually lazy. Read the report, you might learn something.

I'll be happy to answer specific questions, but not general ones like:

Couldn't you just put it in layman's terms?

As you like to point out, I simply don't have the time for that.

And is the evidence not conclusive enough to be used as a green light or something?

I can't speak to the motivations of any government entity. My job is to inspect, report and advise. What is actually done with said information is beyond my pay grade (not to mention outside of the scope of my practice).

Haven't we heard rumblings about Israel wanting to strike Iran....and quickly? If you've read our report, you'd be on your way to understanding why.

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 02:34 PM
I didn't say that. I stated that YOU likely wouldn't understand the science behind the report. Looks like I was correct.

I don't think there are just scientists running loose on spurstalk other than yourself.

Anyway, even if Iran were to try developing a weapon, it's only because they want a seat at the big boy table and to be taken seriously like everyone else, which is understandable.

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 06:09 PM
Wow.

YH exploring the depths of stupidity again...:lol

m>s
12-19-2011, 07:11 PM
iran may be developing nukes underground and they have a good chance to succeed making one but i don't see it much of a concern to the american people. their missiles ain't delivering the bomb to nowhere imho, we've been spending big $ to regulate shits over there when it's indeed none of our errand

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Worst case scenario...

Iran actually lunches on Israel...Israel unloads in it's death spasms and turns Iran into glass...

The White House and the Pentagon will be on the red phone with their counterparts in Russia, China, India, etc. basically saying "lets be cool brothas...no sense in us being stupid like they were and escalating this into mutual annihilation..."

Agloco
12-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't think there are just scientists running loose on spurstalk other than yourself.

Still haven't read the report have you? I even outlined the relevant passages for you. smh.

Anyway, even if Iran were to try developing a weapon, it's only because they want a seat at the big boy table and to be taken seriously like everyone else, which is understandable.

Perhaps the Iranian Government will begin by not sponsoring terrorism, you know like everyone else.

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah that would be a big start, 2 different issues though. Iranians ain't usin a nuke on anyone, they'd rather hide behind Hezbollah. (And they ain't giving Hezbollah a nuke knowing it would be traced right back) If they even thought about using a nuke (or handing one off) they'd be reduced to rubble, and even their own allies Russia and China would be on board with it.

Agloco
12-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Iranians ain't usin a nuke on anyone, they'd rather hide behind Hezbollah. (And they ain't giving Hezbollah a nuke knowing it would be traced right back).

It's all good when the currency you're gambling with is other peoples lives. Makes for an easy black and white world. There's a clear and present danger. Ahmahdinejhad's rhetoric about wiping Israel off of the map doesn't help matters along, nor does the fact that Iran continually engages in clandestine activities despite the urging of the community to not do so.

Kinda like a smiling friend holding a meat cleaver.

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 11:14 PM
It's all good when the currency you're gambling with is other peoples lives. Makes for an easy black and white world. There's a clear and present danger. Ahmahdinejhad's rhetoric about wiping Israel off of the map doesn't help matters along, nor does the fact that Iran continually engages in clandestine activities despite the urging of the community to not do so.

That was a totaly mistranslation. He never said anything about wiping Israel off the map at all, holyyyyyy shit you are late. What he said is that "The current regime must be removed from the pages of time." Don't believe me? PM Ghazi he speaks Farsi and can translate. Jeez dude, yikes.

Agloco
12-19-2011, 11:23 PM
What he said is that "The current regime must be removed from the pages of time.".

Ah not wiped off of the map, removed from the pages of time. Well then, I guess he's just misunderstood after all. :rolleyes

6 of one, half dozen of the other tbh.

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM
:lmao no not even

"The current regime," meaning he thinks israel's govt is bad and needs to go

mavs>spurs
12-19-2011, 11:32 PM
He's saying that they are corrupt and need to go and like other past corrupt regimes, they will be eventually forgotten about and "wiped from the pages of time"

but don't let that get in the way of your right wing views brah. you know, besides regular intelligence there is also lingual and emotional intelligence, common sense if you will. GETCHU SOME!

Agloco
12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
:lmao no not even

"The current regime," meaning he thinks israel's govt is bad and needs to go

One has to wonder what his view on a "good Israeli" government would be.

One also has to wonder how he plans to effect said change. I'm sure that building nuclear weapons can only be construed as a peaceful overture. :wakeup

Agloco
12-20-2011, 11:04 AM
He's saying that they are corrupt and need to go and like other past corrupt regimes, they will be eventually forgotten about and "wiped from the pages of time"

:sleep

Peacefully to be sure........

but don't let that get in the way of your right wing views brah. you know, besides regular intelligence there is also lingual and emotional intelligence, common sense if you will. GETCHU SOME!

You keep citing common sense, yet don't grasp the need for more perspective and insight regarding the matter (hint: read the report). Wouldn't common sense dictate that you familiarize yourself with all available facts? It would allow you to understand another viewpoint much better.

Agloco
12-20-2011, 01:07 PM
doubling up

mavs>spurs
12-20-2011, 05:43 PM
You're backpeddling imho

He didn't say itPERIOD.

DMC
12-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm an engineer fwiw tbh

DMC
12-20-2011, 07:01 PM

mavs>spurs
12-20-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm an engineer fwiw tbh

engineering stuff with those fat yellow hands :lmao

Agloco
12-20-2011, 09:50 PM
You're backpeddling imho

Quote?

mavs>spurs
12-20-2011, 10:24 PM

One has to wonder what his view on a "good Israeli" government would be.

One also has to wonder how he plans to effect said change. I'm sure that building nuclear weapons can only be construed as a peaceful overture. :wakeup

:sleep

Peacefully to be sure........

Long as you know he didn't say it tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-20-2011, 10:56 PM
lol Americans who incessantly worry about the well being of Israel

Borat Sagyidev
12-20-2011, 11:56 PM

I would rather not post, but I have this question.

Do you think a fiercely devout Muslim state such as Iran would willingly use a nuclear weapon and destroy holy sites of their religion contained within Israel?

I personally find that to be a very mixed answer, far from affirmative yes or no.

Just as a side note as well, I share your background and understand those reports. The political insinuation is why I left non-proliferation subject area, it's less science and more social science.

Heat Miser
12-21-2011, 08:07 AM
And to think Agloco is worshiped and has been voted most knowledgeable in the Politics forum.

:lmao

Agloco
12-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Long as you know he didn't say it tbh.

lol semantics. Whether he did or not is irrelevant honestly. Their actions speak much louder than any utterances from Ahmahdinejhad ever could.

lol Americans who incessantly worry about the well being of Israel

You missed the boat. It's not about Israel one way or the other. I do care about an middle eastern arms race though. Preventing these things is one of the major mandates the IAEA has. It makes my job that much more difficult when governments are clandestinely inclined. However, I can appreciate the fact that neither one of you fully comprehend the gravitus here.

I would rather not post, but I have this question.

Do you think a fiercely devout Muslim state such as Iran would willingly use a nuclear weapon and destroy holy sites of their religion contained within Israel?

I personally find that to be a very mixed answer, far from affirmative yes or no.

Just as a side note as well, I share your background and understand those reports. The political insinuation is why I left non-proliferation subject area, it's less science and more social science.

Very mixed. Which is why I attempted to stay away from the "what if's". Kudos to YH for succoring me into that. :toast

My aim here was to demonstrate that Iran is working toward building a nuclear device, and they do so while maintaining that they aren't.

Who in their right mind wouldn't ask a few questions within the given context?

But yes, you have a good point about the social aspect of things. I consult for them now and recently completed a trip to Austria regarding these matters. Untangling the web can get to be a fairly large headache at times.

And to think Agloco is worshiped and has been voted most knowledgeable in the Politics forum.

Hey, I'm a scientist, not a politician. I'll leave that to the experts like YH and DoK. Thanks for your vote btw. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Anyone who thinks America needs to have any influence over the middle east has been successfully fear mongered by the neo-cons. The middle east wouldn't give a shit about us if we weren't over there.

BUMP
12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JDVhIiLBEyc/TldRS3baKvI/AAAAAAAABJc/f0Hp5ajPs5c/s1600/bedtime+story.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2011, 12:46 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

mavs>spurs
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Hey dude, you're the one who brought it up if it was so "unimportant." It's only unimportant after you were wrong.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-21-2011, 12:52 PM
:cry the Iranian boogeyman is gonna wipe :cryIsrael:cry off the map :cry

motherfucking :cryIsrael:cry

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2011, 01:02 PM
alot of ppl already die from the regular flu, so whats the purpose of making a super flu? fail...

what they need is to find a cure for pollen resistence

Agloco
12-21-2011, 05:46 PM
Hey dude, you're the one who brought it up if it was so "unimportant." It's only unimportant after you were wrong.

:lol Interpret it however you'd like. The connotations remain the same.

mavs>spurs
12-21-2011, 06:06 PM
:lol no the boogeyman didn't say anything about nuking iran

good try tho

mouse
12-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey, I'm a scientist,

If comets are a result of the big bang over 12 billion years ago then why is the oldest known comet 10,000 years old and why is it still burning?

Agloco
12-22-2011, 11:41 AM
If comets are a result of the big bang over 12 billion years ago then why is the oldest known comet 10,000 years old and why is it still burning?

Dunno mouse. Why don't you enlighten the masses.

Agloco
12-22-2011, 11:46 AM
:lol no the boogeyman didn't say anything about nuking iran

good try tho

:lol Interpret it however you'd like. The connotations remain the same.

mavs>spurs
12-22-2011, 11:48 AM
it's not a matter of interpretation, he really didn't say what you originally thought he did. you just believed heard that he did in the media and accepted it without making sure. not very scientific tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-22-2011, 07:04 PM
:cry the Islamic boogeyman is gonna hurt :cryIsrael:cry

mouse
12-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Dunno mouse. Why don't you enlighten the masses.

Is that your educated way of bailing out on a topic you have no knowledge about?

I can accept that I am not here to further belittle you since you got your hands full already with YH and others. (trust me I have been there) But I hope your not so anal in the radiation topics at the polices forum next time.

:toast

DMC
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
engineering stuff with those fat yellow hands :lmao
Fat hands need love too.

DMC
12-22-2011, 11:53 PM

Troll friends to the rescue!

Every time one of you is getting your shit pushed in, you float the SOS buoy and the rest come running, as if that makes the anal rape more bearable. Of course later you all revise history and claim you were the victors.

mouse
12-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Fat hands need love too.

Many proctology school drops out agree with you.

Agloco
12-23-2011, 09:52 AM
it's not a matter of interpretation, he really didn't say what you originally thought he did. you just believed heard that he did in the media and accepted it without making sure. not very scientific tbh.

That was a totaly mistranslation. He never said anything about wiping Israel off the map at all, holyyyyyy shit you are late. What he said is that "The current regime must be removed from the pages of time." Don't believe me? PM Ghazi he speaks Farsi and can translate. Jeez dude, yikes.

Indeed.

lol getting my information from the press. You haven't been keeping up (not surprising tbh). You might wanna check out your second "rant" thread over in the political forum for more clues.

Here's a few hints for now:

I sincerely hope you don't expect me to discuss affairs of state with you.

Suffice it to say, one of us is talking out of their ass while the other has a perspective borne of professional experience.

I'll leave it to the more intelligent people figure out.

My job is to inspect, report and advise. What is actually done with said information is beyond my pay grade (not to mention outside of the scope of my practice).

So, feel free to go with what your after school buddy told you (and those conspiracy websites :lol). I'll stick with what inel I've gathered in country over the past 12 years and through our PhD prepared international translators. Deal?

Agloco
12-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Is that your educated way of bailing out on a topic you have no knowledge about?

No. It's my way of saying that I'm genuinely interested in your take. By all means dispense some knowledge.

Many proctology school drops out agree with you.

Considering that the practice of proctology requires 4 years of med school, a 5 year general surgery residency and then 1-2 years of lower GI fellowship, I'd place the number at zero tbh.

RandomGuy
12-26-2011, 04:21 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=1516

RandomGuy
12-26-2011, 04:26 PM

Comets were not created in the big bang. More science comprehension fail.

DMC
12-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Comets were not created in the big bang. More science comprehension fail.
Pretty sure it's a troll, just like the "burning" thing. That's why I didn't bother.

DMC
12-26-2011, 05:08 PM
the most dangerous virus strain is man
oooh that's deep.