PDA

View Full Version : How Long will Mike Brown Last?

DMC
12-17-2011, 01:19 PM
How long before the Lakers fire Mike Brown? It's a shortened season, so he probably doesn't get Del Negro'ed, but what's his outlook like?

I say before next season starts.

Nathan89
12-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Minimum of 2 years. I would say till the end of Kobe's contract(three years).

Spur_Fanatic
12-17-2011, 02:09 PM
I'd say in the off-season. After the break is a possibility too, but with the shortened season, I think Kobe will be more patient wiith Brown.

pass1st
12-17-2011, 02:20 PM
Off-Season

Banzai
12-17-2011, 02:36 PM
off season...just delaying the inevitable.

dunkman
12-17-2011, 02:44 PM
He's solid in regular season, but always got exposed in playoffs.

Giuseppe
12-17-2011, 04:49 PM
I'd say:::Buford Pusser, now there was a man.

DMC
12-17-2011, 05:24 PM
I'd say:::Buford Pusser, now there was a man.
My mother (yes) knew Buford Pusser, said he was crooked as hell. She grew up in McNairy county Tennessee, said Pusser wanted his cut from the moonshine action but they were holding out. He went off on them using the law as a shield, and when it became publicized, he realized he had to keep it going.

I grew up next door to his nephews, met him when I was a kid. Scary looking dude.

4>0rings
12-17-2011, 05:34 PM
They will give him 1 season that fails and fire him in the offseason.

LakerHater
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
http://www.thehotglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/kobe1.jpg

LkrFan
12-17-2011, 05:36 PM
:corn:

Giuseppe
12-17-2011, 05:41 PM
My mother (yes) knew Buford Pusser, said he was crooked as hell. She grew up in McNairy county Tennessee, said Pusser wanted his cut from the moonshine action but they were holding out. He went off on them using the law as a shield, and when it became publicized, he realized he had to keep it going.

I grew up next door to his nephews, met him when I was a kid. Scary looking dude.

That's "Walking Tall" where I gleaned my "crawl" from. After "Buford" stands up for "Lutie McVey" and is subsequently made to suffer the death of a 1,000 cuts, he's recuperating at his home when the Sheriff shows up to explain that they haven't been able to locate his station wagon that was stolen the night Buford was attacked. The sheriff goes to leave and "Buford" accuses him:::"I thought you walked tall, but, you're crawlin'."

LkrFan
12-17-2011, 05:41 PM
Pop will be fired (or sent to the glue factory shoulder to shoulder with the TOSB) before MB will be. :downspin:

DMC
12-17-2011, 06:08 PM
That's "Walking Tall" where I gleaned my "crawl" from. After "Buford" stands up for "Lutie McVey" and is subsequently made to suffer the death of a 1,000 cuts, he's recuperating at his home when the Sheriff shows up to explain that they haven't been able to locate his station wagon that was stolen the night Buford was attacked. The sheriff goes to leave and "Buford" accuses him:::"I thought you walked tall, but, you're crawlin'."

I know, pretty sure that was Joe Don Baker though.

4>0rings
12-17-2011, 06:27 PM
http://www.thehotglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/kobe1.jpg

:lmao It's already starting

Giuseppe
12-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Pusser's real life daughter had a url some years back dedicated to his memory.

The first one was terrific, but, those sequels were embarassing with Bo Svenson as Buford. Good lord he was awful.

That first one just pushes all the buttons. The bad guys are really bad. The girl/prostitute that feeds him info (Brenda Benet') was a real fox. She was married to Bill Bixby for awhile. They had a little boy and he died tragically (I forget how) and she couldn't deal with it and blew her brains out.

DMC
12-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Pusser's real life daughter had a url some years back dedicated to his memory.

The first one was terrific, but, those sequels were embarassing with Bo Svenson as Buford. Good lord he was awful.

That first one just pushes all the buttons. The bad guys are really bad. The girl/prostitute that feeds him info (Brenda Benet') was a real fox. She was married to Bill Bixby for awhile. They had a little boy and he died tragically (I forget how) and she couldn't deal with it and blew her brains out.
The little boy suffered an overdose of gamma radiation that altered his body chemistry. After that, anytime he grew angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurred that transformed him into a raging machine. Subsequently he was captured and put down.

ChrisRichards
12-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Its safe to say that Kobe does not have anymore influence in the Lakers, unlike a few years ago. IIRC, Jim Buss is not a huge Kobe fan, as a matter of fact he hates Kobe's antics and prima donna attitude, so with that being said, even if Kobe starts pouting this year Brown will be their coach until next year.

Buss' blueprint is so obvious now. He wants to build around Bynum and hopefully Howard, if that doesn't go through then he'll gladly move forward with his project Bynum. Brown is no stranger to developing big men so as long as Bynum's health and progress are in check then Brown will be their head cooach for the next 3 years.

Giuseppe
12-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Its safe to say that Kobe does not have anymore influence in the Lakers, unlike a few years ago. IIRC, Jim Buss is not a huge Kobe fan, as a matter of fact he hates Kobe's antics and prima donna attitude, so with that being said, even if Kobe starts pouting this year Brown will be their coach until next year.

Buss' blueprint is so obvious now. He wants to build around Bynum and hopefully Howard, if that doesn't go through then he'll gladly move forward with his project Bynum. Brown is no stranger to developing big men so as long as Bynum's health and progress are in check then Brown will be their head cooach for the next 3 years.

I think you're wrong, CR. I think the original blueprint was like a lot of people thought:::move Bynum, Odom, and Gasol for Paul & Howard. When it went to Hell it all fell apart and now they have to configure it again. We're probably scared shitless to try something with Orlando for fear we will get humiliated again, and Orlando treats us like an Indian and won't take our phone calls.

hater
03-08-2012, 10:22 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/982174/mikebrownslowclap.jpg

Banzai
03-08-2012, 03:37 PM
losing coach with losing ways..and the scrubs he has to deal with..a big FAIL..haha

Reck
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Someone needs to grow some balls and tell KoME to pass the ball more.

Be it his team or not, he's fucking shit up.

DMC
05-20-2012, 03:14 PM
So any new predictions on this?

NRHector
05-20-2012, 03:19 PM
So any new predictions on this?

until next wednesday

DMC
05-20-2012, 03:30 PM
So who's next for LA? Will Fish retire and coach the triangle?

DMC
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Jeebus wins (the other 4 or 5 are alt names I think)

jeebus
11-09-2012, 06:08 PM
damn straight