PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Announcers Praise Bonner - We're Looking Good

Calispursfan11
12-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Premature gloom and doom posts be damned. People ready to quit after the first pre-season game should be banned.

Let's focus on the positive. Houston Rockets announcers said something to the effect of Bonner has worked hard and turned into a "nice NBA player". The downside is that Bonner was probably the best Spur on the floor tonight, which is not saying much at all. Notwithstanding, the best we can hope from the Red Rocket is to not hurt and I think he may get to that level this year.

The Spur young guns looked impressive athleticly but were shooting blanks, bricking and building homeless shelters all night. They looked totally out of whack as a unit like they were shooting right after an intense weight lifting session. That said, I think it is only a matter of time before they start forcing turnovers, carving up defenses and hitting those jumpshots. We are not going to shoot 20% in a half very often. And most importantly, even though his baby hook shot is the ugliest thing this side of Luis Scola, Tiago was impressive in limited minutes. So things are looking good. I am excited for the rest of the season.

GSH
12-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I went to an art exhibition, and they had stuff like a plain white toilet attached to the wall about 3 feet off the ground. I watch the reactions of some of the other people, and kept thinking, "Are they seeing the same thing I am seeing?"

I feel kind of like that right now. I do agree that it's just the first pre-season game after a short camp.

Obstructed_View
12-18-2011, 01:35 AM
They also praised Steve Novak. They aren't the worst broadcasters in basketball for nothing.

arodz
12-18-2011, 03:14 AM
Premature gloom and doom posts be damned. People ready to quit after the first pre-season game should be banned.

Let's focus on the positive. Houston Rockets announcers said something to the effect of Bonner has worked hard and turned into a "nice NBA player".

Well there you go. As long as our divisional rivals TV jagoffs are speaking well of our obvious weakness, then we have nothing to worry about. Lock up the Southwest Division.

:lobt:

DMC
12-18-2011, 04:38 AM
They also praised Yao Ming as the greatest influence in the history of the game.

Harry Callahan
12-18-2011, 10:10 AM
They also tagged Manu as the "King of All Floppers". I guess getting dominated for the bulk of the last 14 years will wear on you.

The Rockette announcers interviewed Daryl Morey and he seemed pretty weird.

Throwing your best two players under the bus may do that to you.

Calispursfan11
12-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Just trying to put things in perspective. It wasn't a win but I saw some promise in the young guys despite mostly bad play for the night. And, maybe Bonner has gotten better... If he's better, maybe he at least won't hurt on the Court. It will be a totally different team when Pop plays everyone. Essentially the only starter who played was Manu. Jefferson played only a couple of minutes, and no Neal, Tim or TP. So people who are panicking right now are out of line. If we actually play starters and can get significant contributions from two or tree of the young guys (Splitter, Kawhi, Anderson or TJ), that may put us into top 4 seed status.

thOOdee
12-18-2011, 01:54 PM
ofcourse bonner is going to be decent.....the games dont matter right now....hell leave you with blue balls in the end...f*ckin tease.

SilverSpur
12-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Just pre season. Give the younger guys minutes and rest the older players. Let's see what Lawal has to offer

mexicanjunior
12-18-2011, 05:02 PM
If we actually play starters and can get significant contributions from two or tree of the young guys (Splitter, Kawhi, Anderson or TJ), that may put us into top 4 seed status.

:lol

all_heart
12-18-2011, 05:42 PM
ofcourse bonner is going to be decent.....the games dont matter right now....hell leave you with blue balls in the end...f*ckin tease.

haha so true... :bang

G-Dawgg
12-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Matt Bonner looks like he packed on a bunch of muscle in the offseason maybe he's planning on mixing it up in the paint for us this year...

...hmmm....well maybe not......

DMC
12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Matt Bonner looks like he packed on a bunch of muscle in the offseason maybe he's planning on mixing it up in the paint for us this year...

...hmmm....well maybe not......
Or he's too fucking cheap to pay a mechanic and changed his own transmission.

Seriously though, t-rex arms isn't going to mix anything up in the paint. He's going to stand outside the 3pt line and require his customary 3 seconds to get a shot off, and if anyone anywhere on the court or bench looks in his direction, he will defer.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Looking forward to Bonner averaging 30 minutes a game this year...