PDA

View Full Version : McRoberts might be more athletic than Prime Duncan

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 03:40 AM
Not trolling either:

KRGy_LQQj5U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I'm sure him and Murphy will be able to replace LO's 14/10 playing off of KGB. Solid, cheap, frontcourt depth behind Bynum and Pau.

rayjayjohnson
12-18-2011, 03:51 AM
mcroberts wasn't an awful pickup at all. he's not going to save your season though tbqhfwiw

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 03:59 AM
mcroberts wasn't an awful pickup at all. he's not going to save your season though tbqhfwiw

Not expecting him to. Solid back up for our second unit. Bynum and Pau should be fresh all year - unlike last year.

I think our Frontcourt got stronger.

rayjayjohnson
12-18-2011, 04:01 AM
status quo. i dont think you can say your frontcourt got better after losing the 6MOY

Roger Freemason Jr.
12-18-2011, 04:20 AM
He's probably more athletic than prime Duncan, but he doesn't have one tenth the fundamental ability that Duncan had or has currently, he doesn't have one tenth the basketball I.Q or patience in the post. Overall, he doesn't hold a candle to prime Duncan.

But he is a good pick-up, and I sure as hell would have wanted him on the Spurs.

Giuseppe
12-18-2011, 04:25 AM
I agree with Mace above:::he can't hold a candle to the shit bag.

pass1st
12-18-2011, 04:30 AM
He is good for Bynum relief and has a lot of hustle. Might be due for a breakthrough season.

DMC
12-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Piss poor opening. Prime Duncan was never billed as an athletic player, but a fundamentally sound, high IQ player.

Really? Is this your "epiphany"?

pass1st
12-18-2011, 04:36 AM
I think it was a joke, Duncan was never seen as athletic as far as PFs went.

rayjayjohnson
12-18-2011, 04:37 AM
lol 'fundamentals'

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 05:18 AM
lol son the words "athletic" and "Duncan" should never be mentioned together..... ever

baseline bum
12-18-2011, 05:22 AM
That's like saying he has more class than rapist Kobe.

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 05:54 AM
Piss poor opening. Prime Duncan was never billed as an athletic player, but a fundamentally sound, high IQ player.

Really? Is this your "epiphany"?

Woah - slow down there cowtipper. The title was an attention getter. Now that I have your attention...

This dude will bring energy, hustle, and much needed athleticism to the Lakers' front court. I also expect a lot of garbage buckets, putback dunks, and a ton of oops from this dude. No, he is not a superstar - he's a complimentary player that will add some much needed depth to our frontcourt.

During the first 5 games while Bynum is suspended, he'll probably start which is good for him. He'll get some much needed burn so that when Bynum returns to the starting lineup he'll have some experience already playing with the starters.

Again, this is not a FA signing equivalent to the Lakers picking up Shaq, but it is solid nonetheless for the Mini MLE. Plus it's only a 2 year deal so the Lakers have some flexibility to move him down the line if he doesn't pan out. I'm presuming that he will.

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 06:40 AM
status quo. i dont think you can say your frontcourt got better after losing the 6MOY

14.4 ppg
8.7 rpg
53%

You mean to tell me that Murphy and McRoberts can't combine to supersede ^ stats? Just like the Lakers' FO, I'm willing to bet they can. Fact: LO's minutes were going to drop this year. So why pay out $8.9M for a 32 year old player that probably was going to play about 20 mpg - when you can pay 24 year old McRoberts $3.1M/per and 31 year old Murphy a one year deal for $1.4/per. Worst case scenario, if neither pans out, Murphy is off the books and McRoberts is an expiring KT that will be part of a package towards improving the roster in the off season.

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 07:05 AM

Class is overrated. :elephant

m>s
12-18-2011, 07:56 AM
most NBA players are more athletic then the prime duncan imho, athleticism ain't never duncan't trademark imho. i watched his games since his college years and he was the best player on duke's squad tbh, n!gga was a true beast in ncaa it was really a surprise to me he dropped out of the lottery that year

Giuseppe
12-18-2011, 08:11 AM

and/or Neal.

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 08:17 AM
and/or Neal.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

The_Worlds_finest
12-18-2011, 09:32 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Hmm Kobe committed adultery, by raping a girl. Payed her hush money and the girl didn't testify, which would have most likely lead to a guilty verdict.

Neal was a single college student, stood trial and was acquitted.

Please tell me who is the classless shit bag rapist?

midnightpulp
12-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Die.

Spursfan092120
12-18-2011, 10:14 AM
We all know athleticism = HOF

tMnzKnjmEQQ EzeAcPik4_s

Good pickup, but don't go comparing McMuffin to a HOF.

Killakobe81
12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
14.4 ppg
8.7 rpg
53%

You mean to tell me that Murphy and McRoberts can't combine to supersede ^ stats? Just like the Lakers' FO, I'm willing to bet they can. Fact: LO's minutes were going to drop this year. So why pay out $8.9M for a 32 year old player that probably was going to play about 20 mpg - when you can pay 24 year old McRoberts $3.1M/per and 31 year old Murphy a one year deal for $1.4/per. Worst case scenario, if neither pans out, Murphy is off the books and McRoberts is an expiring KT that will be part of a package towards improving the roster in the off season.

Keep in mind, that being lux tax payers, Odom's salary cost double.So even though he made close to $9 mill he was costing us almost $18 Odom is not worth that. Don't get me wrong ...I HATED how reactionary the Lamar move was. Sure it makes sense to get a TPE ... and maybe Mavs move it if we don't strike quick ...but the best deals don't always reveal themselves right away. Plus im with Kobe ...you let him bitch and moan for a few days and Odom gets over it.

I like these moves INDEPENDENTLY of letting Lamar go, but it still does NOT justify it IMHO ...

Giuseppe
12-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Hmm Kobe committed adultery, by raping a girl. Payed her hush money and the girl didn't testify, which would have most likely lead to a guilty verdict.

Neal was a single college student, stood trial and was acquitted.

Please tell me who is the classless shit bag rapist?

Your Neal raped just like my Kobe.

And you know it.

Don't worry though,,,they both got away with it and the girls were no account.

baseline bum
12-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Your Neal raped just like my Kobe.

And you know it.

Don't worry though,,,they both got away with it and the girls were no account.

You got no room. You bought his #24 jersey to advertise to the next generation of rapists and shitbags.

Giuseppe
12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
shitbags

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

weebo
12-18-2011, 12:59 PM
lol @ lakerfan sounding like spurfan after signing/trading for some scrub that jumps really high and runs really fast as the second coming....keep reachin tho

Spursfan092120
12-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/6/17/39fa0cb7-a152-425f-8e90-d659dbb3d339.jpg

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Keep in mind, that being lux tax payers, Odom's salary cost double.So even though he made close to $9 mill he was costing us almost $18 Odom is not worth that. Don't get me wrong ...I HATED how reactionary the Lamar move was. Sure it makes sense to get a TPE ... and maybe Mavs move it if we don't strike quick ...but the best deals don't always reveal themselves right away. Plus im with Kobe ...you let him bitch and moan for a few days and Odom gets over it.

I like these moves INDEPENDENTLY of letting Lamar go, but it still does NOT justify it IMHO ...

I am with you on that - hated to see LO go. But for me the writing was on the wall. LO thought he was a star and only produced like one every five games or so. That was frustrating. Could we have gotten a better deal for him? Who knows with the new CBA. He would have been bitching had we kept him - even though we all know he would have been gone years ago if Bynum didn't get hurt. $8.9M is a lot of money for an inconsistent, 32-year old, insurance player. I think MK did the right thing. This team tuned out PJ and needed to be shaken up anyway.

tlongII
12-18-2011, 03:44 PM
McBob sucks.

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 03:46 PM
lol @ lakerfan sounding like spurfan after signing/trading for some scrub that jumps really high and runs really fast as the second coming....keep reachin tho

No second coming. Just much needed youth, athleticism, and depth for our frontline. They were tired from 4 years of long playoff runs and it showed against the "champs."

So are you agreeing that this white player is more athletic than prime Duncan't? I notice you didn't refute it.:downspin:

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 03:47 PM
McBob sucks.

If you are expecting 20/10, then yes, he sucks. That's not the expectation though.

ElNono
12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
If he only played basketball 1/2 as well, you'll be all set! :lol

LkrFan
12-18-2011, 04:01 PM
If he only played basketball 1/2 as well, you'll be all set! :lol

:downspin:

Spur_Fanatic
12-18-2011, 04:18 PM
LOLOL, blind Laker fan.

DJB
12-19-2011, 01:05 PM
He's probably more athletic than prime Duncan, but he doesn't have one tenth the fundamental ability that Duncan had or has currently, he doesn't have one tenth the basketball I.Q or patience in the post. Overall, he doesn't hold a candle to prime Duncan.

But he is a good pick-up, and I sure as hell would have wanted him on the Spurs.

Trolled.

Ace
11-14-2012, 05:19 PM
14.4 ppg
8.7 rpg
53%

What a fucking idiot :lmao

Lincoln
11-14-2012, 05:25 PM
:lmao

purplengold
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
hindsight is a bitch

DMC
11-16-2012, 07:53 PM
ST tactic:

Make shitty takes, stand by them until they are proven shitty. Let them die. Someone resurrects them. Log into troll account and say "lol trolled".

Sean Cagney
11-16-2012, 08:07 PM
LOL at this crap.

Brazil
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
ST tactic:

Make shitty takes, stand by them until they are proven shitty. Let them die. Someone resurrects them. Log into troll account and say "lol trolled".

:lol

LkrFan
11-16-2012, 08:34 PM
ST tactic:

:lol