PDA

View Full Version : Stop the madness!!!

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 02:30 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040916/capt.wvrs10309162250.edwards_wvrs103.jpg

Caption:

"Three-year-old Sophia Parlock cries while seated on the shoulders of her father, Phil Parlock, after having their Bush-Cheney sign torn up by Kerry-Edwards supporters on Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004, at the Tri-State Airport in Huntington, W.Va. Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards made a brief stop at the airport as he concluded his two-day bus tour to locations in West Virginia and Ohio. (AP Photo/Randy Snyder)
Edwards must have been touring the second of his Two Americas...'cause, I haven't heard anything about him in weeks.

DeSPURado
09-17-2004, 08:10 AM
You know whats funny is that this guy has been doing the exact same thing in every election:

In 1996:

Same source, also off of Lexis Nexis, so I can't link --

Copyright 1996 Charleston Newspapers
Charleston Daily Mail (West Virginia)
August 27, 1996, Tuesday
SECTION: News; Pg. P3C
LENGTH: 342 words
HEADLINE: DOLE SUPPORTERS FIND IT ROUGH AT CLINTON RALLY
BYLINE: The Associated Press

HUNTINGTON - Some Clinton protestors say the president's supporters
shouted them down and kept their signs from being seen as the
president kicked off his re-election campaign.
Others said they had no problem getting through the gates with signs
promoting Bob Dole's Republican candidacy.
Clint Gillespie and Robert Painter of Huntington managed to obtain
tickets to the priority viewing area outside the old Chesapeake & Ohio
passenger station in Huntington for a Clinton-Gore campaign rally on
Sunday.
Armed with the tickets, they marched through the gate with Dole-Kemp
placards tucked under their arms.
They obtained their tickets by promising those at Democratic
headquarters they would be waving signs during the president's visit,
but they did not reveal their signs would be in support of Dole.
"Clinton thinks he can just come here to Huntington and get a crowd,
but we're here to show not all West Virginians share Clinton's
values," said Gillespie, a senior at Marshall University.
"We always try to give them a warm Republican welcome," said Painter,
a recent graduate of Marshall University.
Phil Parlock's experience was less calm.
The Huntington man said he was knocked to the ground by a Clinton
supporter when he tried to display a sign that read "Remember Vince
Foster," the deputy White House counsel who committed suicide in a
Washington, D.C., park. His death has become the subject of much
debate among Clinton opponents.
"It must have been a strict Democrat who did this," Parlock said,
feeling the red abrasions on his face. "Everyone with the exception of
him was real peaceful about our protest."
Parlock said some of the crowd tried to make other anti-Clinton
demonstrators feel unwelcome. He estimated that about 150 Dole
supporters attended the rally, but their signs couldn't be seen for
most of the rally.
"I came to show that not everyone from Huntington is going to vote for
Clinton," Parlock said.
LOAD-DATE: August 28, 1996

In 2000:

Charleston Daily Mail (West Virginia)
October 28, 2000, Saturday
SECTION: News; Pg. P1A
LENGTH: 861 words
HEADLINE: Signs for Bush taken at rally, father, son say
BYLINE: SAM TRANUM

Phil Parlock didn't expect to need all 12 of the Bush-Cheney signs he and his son Louis smuggled in their socks and pockets into the rally for Vice President Al Gore.

But each time they raised a sign, someone would grab it out of their hands, the two Huntington residents said. And sometimes it got physical.

"I expected some people to take our signs," said Louis, 12. "But I did not expect people to practically attack us."

The two said they didn't go to the Friday morning rally to start trouble.

"I came to support Bush and try to change some people's minds," Louis said.

Gore's West Virginia campaign said Bush-Cheney signs were not welcome, but physical confrontations to eliminate them would not have been condoned.

Parlock, a real estate agent, thought it would be at least as educational for his son to spend the morning at the Gore rally as it would have been to spend the day at school. So the two got in the car and drove from Huntington, arriving in Charleston about 9 a.m.

Parlock said he was a volunteer for the Bush-Cheney campaign. He is listed on the West Virginia Bush-Cheney Web site as the Cabell County contact for the campaign.

But he said he came as a supporter, not a campaign worker. His visit to Charleston was "unencouraged and unsanctioned," he said. The idea was to show that there was another option besides Gore.

"My opinion of the press is it always shows the liberal viewpoint," he said. "And we have to struggle to show the other side exists."

He and Louis brought a supply of Bush-Cheney signs and smuggled them into the rally. They stuffed plastic ones in their socks and pockets and folded paper ones inside Gore-Lieberman signs.

Though tickets to the event specifically said no signs would be allowed in, Parlock said he walked right in with the Gore-Lieberman signs. He said people who carried Bush-Cheney signs openly were not allowed to bring them inside.

Parlock and his son, clad in white button-down shirts and ties, took their place in front of the Capitol steps and waited. As the rally got going, they started raising their signs and people immediately began stealing them, Parlock said.

"Three guys came up and squeezed me in and one grabbed my arms and pulled them down and another took the sign," Parlock said.

"Another guy came up and tried to grab the sign but I had a good hold of it and he stumbled and bumped into other people and started a ruckus," he said. Parlock said the police ejected the man from the rally.

Police said Friday evening they could not yet comment on any incidents at the rally.

Parlock said a group of people wearing T-shirts and jackets with the United Mine Workers of America logo took away many of their signs.

"I didn't see anything like that," said Ted Hapney, an international representative for the United Mine Workers. "I wouldn't do that. We don't condone any type of violence."

Another incident involved Louis and a teenage girl he and Parlock said they met at the rally. They said they didn't know who she was.

"She walked up and said 'I'll get on your shoulders and hold a sign,' " Louis said.

While she was sitting on Louis' shoulders waving a Bush-Cheney sign, a man who identified himself as a volunteer for the Gore campaign tried to pull the sign out of the girl's hands, Parlock said. He pulled so hard that Louis and the girl fell over.

"That sounds like an exaggeration," said Sarah Feinberg, spokeswoman for Gore's West Virginia campaign.

Parlock said the man was wearing a yellow pass around his neck. Feinberg said the color for a volunteer pass would be orange, while yellow passes were given to members of the press.

"We certainly don't have a policy of ripping signs out of people's hands," said Feinberg. "If someone brings a Bush-Cheney sign, we don't like it but we don't go to great lengths to obscure."

Parlock said after all his signs were stolen, he got some more from a group of Bush supporters who had not been allowed into the rally.

Though police said they were not ready to make official comment Friday evening, earlier Friday an officer said he had seen a scuffle during the rally.

Charleston Police Patrolman R.H. Vinyard said the incident involved people with Bush-Cheney signs, though he could not identify them by name. He said Gore supporters got into a fight with the Bush supporters about 10 minutes before the end of Gore's speech.

He said the altercation lasted about 45 seconds, was over before the police arrived to break it up and no one was treated for injuries. Afterward, he said, the Bush supporters tore up their own signs and left the area.

As workers cleaned up the debris from the rally in front of the Capitol after the rally, Parlock sat next to a pile of ripped up Bush-Cheney signs he had collected. He said he thought the people who took his signs went too far.

Still, he said he'd do it again.

And he thinks it was a good educational experience for Louis, too.

"You can't get this kind of a lesson in school," he said.

Writer Sam Tranum can be reached at 348-4872 or by e-mail at [email protected] .

LOAD-DATE: October 30, 2000

Tommy Duncan
09-17-2004, 10:14 AM
You know what's funny is that as much as both of you nutjobs bitch about the state threads...

Oh well, pray continue to discuss what you two think is all important.

"Stop the madness!!!" indeed.

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 10:24 AM
I guess the only redeeming quality my ex-husband has is that if someone would have done that to our daughter, that someone would have gotten a serious beat-down. And I wouldn't have stopped it, either.

:tyson

Bandit2981
09-17-2004, 11:14 PM
I guess the only redeeming quality my ex-husband has is that if someone would have done that to our daughter, that someone would have gotten a serious beat-down. And I wouldn't have stopped it, either.
yeah, too bad the one who tore up the sign was the guy's own son, and the whole thing was orchestrated by him to make democrats look mean and evil :rolleyes

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 11:18 PM
You know this how?

Bandit2981
09-17-2004, 11:24 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040916/capt.wvrs10309162250.edwards_wvrs103.jpg
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040917/capt.wvrs10109170018.edwards_wv_wvrs101.jpg
Note the union guy wearing a IUPAT (International Union of Painters and Allied Trades) t-shirt, also looks like he's holding a piece of the torn-up sign.
Next, the Parlock family:
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/photogalleries/Guard/images/photo16.jpg
See the guy on the right?
http://img47.exs.cx/img47/323/disch.jpg
And Phil Parlock Sr., compared to the "union" guy:
http://img47.exs.cx/img47/232/parl.jpg
Now, put that together with the info above. Two of his sons were there, you can see Alex on Phil Sr.'s left. So- where's Phil Jr?

You're looking at him: the guy with the union shirt- Phil Jr, mentioned way at the top of the page in the Herald-Dispatch story. He was THERE.

You can also see 11 year old Alex, blonde, on Phil Sr.'s left. If the other guy ISN'T Phil Jr., where IS Phil Jr.

It's him.

Finally, we need to see what that t-shirt says.

It probably looks something like this:
http://www.ibpat.org/political/media/KerrySignWh.jpg
http://img89.exs.cx/img89/6185/redmem.jpg
You can make out the "K" in Kerry and the "ds" in Edwards on that shirt.

Now, why would Phil Jr. be wearing a IUPAT shirt and holding a torn piece of sign? Because he's trying to set the democrats up. That's why.

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Then, he's a jerk. I hope he's sufficiently humiliated.

Not exactly forging documents...but, scummy none-the-less.

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 11:35 PM
The " :rolleyes " wasn't necessary. Am I supposed to go all Matlock on every fukkin picture ya'll post just to make sure that's not really a family member in it or a conspiracy to make the liberals look like big, fat meanies?

And I don't give a shit if he was republican OR democrat.....ass whuppins for making my daughter cry are 100% bipartisan.

So you mean to tell me if that wasn't his son, but a total stranger, that that wouldn't have been a fucked up thing to do?

Bandit2981
09-17-2004, 11:36 PM
Then, he's a jerk. I hope he's sufficiently humiliated
yes, but the thing that really makes me irate is he is involving his little daughter in this whole scheme of his...leave children out of this kind of partisan crap!! geez

The " :rolleyes " wasn't necessary
wasnt directed at you, it belonged to what i said (read the context)

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 11:38 PM
On that I agree....about involving his daughter, that is.

Bandit2981
09-17-2004, 11:40 PM
wow, Yoni, SW and me all agreeing on something?? this is one for the archives!!

SpursWoman
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Bandit, you know there's got to be a lot of stuff we agree on. Most of it's just not politics-related. :wink

:lol

Bandit2981
09-17-2004, 11:44 PM
true true... :eyebrow

Yonivore
09-17-2004, 11:58 PM
Somebody report them to Child Protective Services.

Nbadan
09-18-2004, 05:32 AM
Somebody report them to the Republican school of making Democrats intentionally look bad and being a giant ****-up in the process...

Detractors have said he, his daughter and a son caused an incident to get news stories written about him. Not so, he said. “It’s easy to get press if I want to get press,” he said.

Parlock recently got press when he was interviewed after someone shot at the Cabell County GOP headquarters with either a small-caliber handgun or pellet gun. No one was hurt.

“I think this was definitely, definitely an act that was by an extremist kind of thing,” he told WCHS-TV.

Can I get a hoot-hoot for the The hate filled Democrat thread?

Yonivore
09-18-2004, 10:25 AM
No, you can't...there are plenty of idiots in your camp as well. Unfortunately for you, they happen to be running the party.

SpursWoman
09-18-2004, 10:30 AM
:lol @ Yonivore.

Come on, Dan. You know there's freaks on both sides. :eyebrow

Yonivore
09-18-2004, 10:34 AM
<< A freak; it just ain't in politics...if you know what I mean. :eyebrow

Nbadan
09-18-2004, 12:45 PM
No, you can't...there are plenty of idiots in your camp as well. Unfortunately for you, they happen to be running the party.

To bad the Republican's can't run the economy, or a war, or anything else as well as they can smear people and exaggerate claims about how well the war in Iraq is going.

Yonivore
09-18-2004, 03:01 PM
All I've got to say is, I'm glad Nbadanallah is in an extreme minority in this country.

DeSPURado
09-18-2004, 08:53 PM
You messed up there Yonivore, you added an "R" to county.

Yonivore
09-19-2004, 10:46 AM
November 2.