PDA

View Full Version : what a f job the refs are doing

duncan_21
06-16-2005, 10:17 PM
This is one of the worst officiated games I've seen since game 4 of the phx series. Rediculous, prince/hunter get touched going to the rim theirs a call. Duncan goes to the hoop or nazr tries to put up a shot and hgets hacked no call.

Of course det is gonna get steals when they go thru the body to knock the ball away.

An absolute joke. The nba should be ashamed of itself.

Leetonidas
06-16-2005, 10:18 PM
True, but the Spurs are not playing well either.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Of course. Blame the refs. Blame Pop. Blame anybody but awesome Detroit defense.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Lame thread.

Look, Spurs are getting their asses stomped, and the refs have pretty much nothing to do with it.

duncan_21
06-16-2005, 10:19 PM
True, but the Spurs are not playing well either.

How can you play when the refs let the home team knock your forearms to get the ball loose? Ben wallace should be called for a foul every other trip down the court.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Last I saw, Rasheed has a clean steal on Duncan. And I saw more bad passes from Spurs than fouls from Detroit.

myhc
06-16-2005, 10:22 PM
How can you play when the refs let the home team knock your forearms to get the ball loose? Ben wallace should be called for a foul every other trip down the court.

The refs are making some bad calls but can you honestly say THAT is the reason the Spurs are being blown out of the building? I've seen my fair share of clean picks and steals. Detroit is playing great defense, the Spurs are not.

Brodels
06-16-2005, 10:23 PM
The refs have very little, if anything, to do with how things are going for the Spurs.

This is the silliest thread I've seen in at least two weeks. The Spurs, and only the Spurs, are to blame for this debacle.

They've been terrible. End of story.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 10:23 PM
This is one of the worst officiated games I've seen since game 4 of the phx series. Rediculous, prince/hunter get touched going to the rim theirs a call. Duncan goes to the hoop or nazr tries to put up a shot and hgets hacked no call.

Of course det is gonna get steals when they go thru the body to knock the ball away.

An absolute joke. The nba should be ashamed of itself.

Bullshit. how can u even mention the refs? We might as well sent the WNBA team, they would have done a much better job.

GoSpurs21
06-16-2005, 10:25 PM
detroit is laying a ass whopping on the Spurs
it has nothing to do with the refs
Timmy better bring it in game 5 or this series will be over
hats off to pistons they are bringing it

constantstate
06-16-2005, 10:44 PM
yup... great job by detroit. they're taking advantage of everything you're supposed to... and playing it perfectly.

and you're not gonna get early calls on the road... ive never seen any team get those unless they're playing a cheap team. but in the finals... you're gonna get your ass hit hard... every play... and its the spurs job to play through that... and show the refs that by playing aggressive, sharp, and driving into the defense.

thats how you get calls.

this is really embarrassing. cause every one of these guys should know what it takes... and while i dont think its the officiating... i hope to god they dont make the next one look bad... by calling EVERYTHING on EVERYONE.

MadDog73
06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Bullshit. how can u even mention the refs? We might as well sent the WNBA team, they would have done a much better job.

Not the Silver Stars! :lol

They're even worse than the Spurs....

constantstate
06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
armchair coaching kicksass.

did you see duncan's face... sitting there with pop...

thats a level of angry and frustrated i've never seen in him before.

TDMVPDPOY
06-16-2005, 10:49 PM
tim is puttin us into thegame, just that gino is not showin up and dont worry about parker he nevers show up

sanman53
06-16-2005, 10:49 PM
True, hats off to TROIT. But, the Spurs did not even show up tonight! I mean, this was one of the worst San Antonio performances I have EVER seen. Detroit should be ashamed. They should have scored 179 points tonight and held us to 25 points. Oh well, you win some you lose some. GO SPURS GO!!!

baseline bum
06-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Sorry ass whiny thread.

Boo
06-16-2005, 10:52 PM
just like all your other threads baseline...

constantstate
06-16-2005, 10:53 PM
it would be a sorry ass whiny thread if people were saying it was the ref's fault.

baseline bum
06-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Fuck you

baseline bum
06-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Excuse me,

Fuck you shifty

Old School Chic
06-16-2005, 10:57 PM
It makes you wonder.

Manu did not hustle like he usually does...

Timmy had butter fingers...

Neither Horry or Bruce tried shooting 3 pointers...

Barry was warming the bench most of the time...

The team didn't seem to want to win this game! :rolleyes

Well, that gives us San Antonions a chance to another game at the SBC Center.
They need to play "I believe In miracles" on Tuesday night.

PistonsNation
06-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Enough of that.

constantstate
06-16-2005, 10:58 PM
my favorite would be... did you see the play where the ref's made the spurs give the pistons every clean look they wanted at the basket?

or maybe... did you see where the ref stopped manu from driving to the bucket... and they made tim duncan not rebound/crash the boards...

ballhog
06-16-2005, 11:04 PM
It's not all the refs.....but it doesn't help if the calls are not consistent. It makes you not want to even try. If a player like Duncan can't get calls....give it up.

Hook Dem
06-16-2005, 11:06 PM
She has some good points!!!!!

manubili
06-16-2005, 11:11 PM
If this true, we'll have a "legend" out of this series. That's what the NBA is looking for. Manu was a prospect, but after those two games...

Spurgal
06-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Spurs played like the Bobcats tonight! :bang

boutons
06-16-2005, 11:15 PM
the legend in this series is this loss,
how many negative records did the Spurs set tonight?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-16-2005, 11:27 PM
this is were the refs control the game. the hack formula(so to speak).

17 TO(hacks?)-spurs
13 steals(hacks)-pistons

1 steal for the spurs.
3 TO for the pistons

which means the pistons got 30 hacks and we got 4.

pistons win by 30. plus the pistons were allowed to push into dunk and mohammed all night. almost everyone of those rebounds could have been an over the back call or a push in the back.

come on you guys can't see that shit. alot of those steals came off bumps that weren't called, especially the ones on beno.

Your logic is flawed. The foul calls were even so that would mean, according to you, that the Spurs were allowed to do pretty much the same thing the Pistons were. It isn't like the Spurs were being called for things the Pistons weren't.

The Spurs have been turning it over all series, don't start blaming the refs for that now. Maybe Detroit has a good defense?

NCaliSpurs
06-16-2005, 11:32 PM
You are right. The Spurs were allowed to do the same things the Pistons were, playing dirty, slapping defense, but didn't.

This play is killing the Spurs rhythm. The refs are allowing the Pistons (as they have every game) to slap, grab, and bump the Spurs every time they attempt to dribble or pass.

It is ridiculous, and I am tired of it. It's too bad the Spurs are too gutless, or Pop is too "classy", to give them even a slight taste of their own medicine.

If Chauncy goes up for a layup, go Seattle on his ass.

romsho
06-16-2005, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=NCaliSpurs]You are right. The Spurs were allowed to do the same things the Pistons were, playing dirty, slapping defense, but didn't.

This play is killing the Spurs rhythm. The refs are allowing the Pistons (as they have every game) to slap, grab, and bump the Spurs every time they attempt to dribble or pass.

Exactly. Which is why the Pistons will win at home, but not in the SBC center. Spurs will win in seven.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-16-2005, 11:39 PM
You are right. The Spurs were allowed to do the same things the Pistons were, playing dirty, slapping defense, but didn't.

It is ridiculous, and I am tired of it. It's too bad the Spurs are too gutless, or Pop is too "classy", to give them even a slight taste of their own medicine.

If Chauncy goes up for a layup, go Seattle on his ass.

You realize Bruce Bowen is on the Spurs right?

NCaliSpurs
06-16-2005, 11:48 PM
The Pistons are an entire team of "Bruce Bowen's", except they get calls he couldn't even begin to imagine getting.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:49 PM
The Pistons are an entire team of "Bruce Bowen's", except they get calls he couldn't even begin to imagine getting.

that's one way of putting it

combs84
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
The Spurs shot MORE FT's then the Pistons did, how can you say this? It seems to me the Spurs were shooting the ball so good the first 2 games, they became a jump shooting team, which really isn't their game. It also seems that you guys run one of the most predictable offenses I have seem all year long. The Pistons are simply 1 step ahead of you. I don't really get it because whenever Ginob and Parker drive to the hole something good comes from it, so why did they stop? My guess is the physical play.

The only guy on your team with more then 3 fouls was Bowen, why are you bitching?

violentkitten
06-16-2005, 11:57 PM
pistons got home cookin' thats for certain. spurs got their share in games 1 and 2.

best of 3 now with 2 in sa. :makemyday

cant wait to see piston fan blame refs soon enough...

GoSpurs21
06-16-2005, 11:59 PM
I am still waiting for Duncan to put a stamp on why he should be considered for MVP this series...so far he has done little to warrent MVP status

hurt ankles or not please Tim make better decisions

NCaliSpurs
06-17-2005, 01:00 AM
I am still waiting for the refs to start calling fouls on the players guarding the pass.

Playing the passing lane is one thing, but knocking elbows and forearms is a whole different manner.

Will Nazr ever get a call?

Will the Spurs send Tony Massenberg in to go Danny Fortson on these whiny bitches? Maybe then the refs will call a tight, clean game.

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 01:07 AM
I am still waiting for the refs to start calling fouls on the players guarding the pass.

Playing the passing lane is one thing, but knocking elbows and forearms is a whole different manner.

Will Nazr ever get a call?

Will the Spurs send Tony Massenberg in to go Danny Fortson on these whiny bitches? Maybe then the refs will call a tight, clean game.

...(sigh)... :cry :baby

duncan_21
06-17-2005, 08:14 AM
When I posted this thread I was about as pissed at mostly the damn score of the game. Who the hell would be prepared for that kind of fing score? How do we go from winning by 18 ppg to losing by 31pts?

Was the reffing one sided in the first quarter. Manu got called for a foul that the pistons were getting away with the entire first quarter. That wasn't the only reason that the spurs lost. Instead of being a little more creative on offense it looks like they gave up because they couldn't get a call. Even though I haven't liked the play of malik rose after the 03 title I just wonder if in this type of game he would have made a difference.

I hit the boiling point when fro knocked the hell out of nazr then he got smacked the hell up again then he got called for a travel. I'm thinkin ok nazr is not a star he won't get the call. Then I see hunter drive and barry fouls him but hunter gets the call. How bout some consistency?

Everytime duncan went to the hoop he was getting killed and only half the time got the call.

Gettin spanked and the reffing through me over the edge. Could the spurs have battled back by being aggressive? I think they could have. The officiating was not the reason the spurs lost, it just didn't help. I hope we get an even game game 5 and we get home cookin game 6, 7.

Again, I'm not blaming the refs, the spurs just didn't adjust to the officiating. I was hot when I went to work at 11pm.

Also parker and manu have to show up for game 5 and it would help if horry and barry could hit a 3. I wish I could say I was confident that the spurs would win game 5 but i'm not.

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

spur219
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Don't blame it on the refs. Last night was by far the worst performance I have ever seen from any NBA Playoff team period. The Spurs don't want it. The Pistons are doing the little things to get it done from hustling for loose balls and offensive rebounds. If the Spurs continue to play this way then it would only be justice to the game of basketball for the Pistons to win the championship.

ginobme
06-17-2005, 08:21 AM
its not all refs and granted a few calls were missed but guys the spurs haven't started the crying to refs bit..so why should we as fans?? Call it what it was..An ass kicking. Its time to man up and return the fucking favor on sunday!

The Mask
06-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Weren't the total fouls close to even? I think the Spurs even had one more free throw.
The agressive team gets the calls. The Spurs got all the calls in SA. Anyway all these games have sucked. Can we at least have a game that isn't a blowout?

NCaliSpurs
06-17-2005, 08:36 AM
Weren't the total fouls close to even? I think the Spurs even had one more free throw.
The agressive team gets the calls. The Spurs got all the calls in SA. Anyway all these games have sucked. Can we at least have a game that isn't a blowout?

The Pistons are aggressive, indeed. But lots of their aggressiveness is completely illegal and the refs need to call it if the Spurs are going to even have a chance at this series.

spur219
06-17-2005, 08:39 AM
That is what I was thinking the Spurs should of done. They should of put in Tony Massenburg to go throw about 3 hard fouls and that way the Refs would need to call a tighter game because of the tempers. As a coach that is what I would of done.

NCaliSpurs
06-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Exactly. We need to show that they either need to call it tighter, or it is going to get bloody out there.

NCaliSpurs
06-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Of course, I question our players desire to do that.

This complete surrender and lack of heart is killing me.

duncan_21
06-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Of course, I question our players desire to do that.

This complete surrender and lack of heart is killing me.

I agree.