Aaron Rodgers

Passing - 1,491
CMP% - 60.1
Completions - 107
TD - 12
INT - 3

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Brees is also now only 304 yards shy of Dan Marino's single season passing record with two games to go.

anyone saying that Rodgers should be a "lock" for MVP needs to quit drinking the kool aid.

Pelicans78
12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Rodgers is still ahead. Probably well ahead because of the Packers record, but Brees has been awesome. He's deserving of recognition.

TIMMYtoZO
12-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Give me elite manning and his 14 td 4th quarter season over both rodgers and brees. Rodgers falterd under adversity. Brees relies.on a dome.

Pelicans78
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Give me elite manning and his 14 td 4th quarter season over both rodgers and brees. Rodgers falterd under adversity. Brees relies.on a dome.

Eli should win 8 games before he gets any consideration.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Rodgers is still ahead. Probably well ahead because of the Packers record, but Brees has been awesome. He's deserving of recognition.

the Colston fumble is the only reason the Saints lost the first game of the season in Green Bay plain and simple. the MVP goes to the most valuable player based on individual stats. not just because a player is on a stacked team. I'm not trying to say that Brees is "hands down" the MVP just yet, but you can't argue his numbers. they are better than Rodgers numbers in nearly every single category and Brees has steadily improved while Rodgers has been declining.

Bill_Brasky
12-18-2011, 06:30 PM

The MVP is usually on a winning team that makes the playoffs.

Rodgers and Brees are 1a and 1b at this point.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 06:42 PM
I agree that Brees deserves strong consideration for MVP, especially since it is inevitable that he will break Marino's yardage record. He and Rodgers should be neck and neck at this point.

But unfortunately, the media and voters decided weeks ago that Rodgers is simply the greatest QB in the history of the world, and this years' Packers team is simply unbeatable and unstoppable. They will make the excuse this week that since Jennings was out, Rodgers and the Pack shouldn't be penalized for their loss in KC.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
and that is exactly why most MVP awards in all sports are bullshit nowadays. they are very rarely awarded to the most deserving player.

BUMP
12-18-2011, 06:45 PM
son I can't remember if they teach people how to count in Louisiana but it's not the MVP over the last 5 games, it's the whole season

Rodgers has him beat in all of the important categories and led his team to the best record in the NFL. Brees has had a great season but Rodgers is clearly gonna win it

Bill_Brasky
12-18-2011, 06:46 PM
I agree that Brees deserves strong consideration for MVP, especially since it is inevitable that he will break Marino's yardage record. He and Rodgers should be neck and neck at this point.

But unfortunately, the media and voters decided weeks ago that Rodgers is simply the greatest QB in the history of the world, and this years' Packers team is simply unbeatable and unstoppable. They will make the excuse this week that since Jennings was out this week, Rodgers and the Pack shouldn't be penalized for their loss in KC.

The Saints have lost to Tampa Bay and St. Louis(without Bradford), what's their excuse?

I'm in the camp that Aaron Rodgers is the MVP. If Brees had beaten Rodgers in the opener, I'd think it was him, but he didn't.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 06:49 PM
son I can't remember if they teach people how to count in Louisiana but it's not the MVP over the last 5 games, it's the whole season

Rodgers has him beat in all of the important categories and led his team to the best record in the NFL. Brees has had a great season but Rodgers is clearly gonna win it

son are you stupid? did you not read the entire post?

Brees has had better numbers than Rodgers the entire season. it had been fairly close neck and neck, but over the last 5 games Brees has ran away with it with ease. you're one of those fans who instead of educating yourself on the facts, will just agree with anything SportsCenter tells you and they have been campaigning for Rodgers since the beginning of the season.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
The Saints have lost to Tampa Bay and St. Louis, what's their excuse?

I'm in the camp that Aaron Rodgers is the MVP. If Brees had beaten Rodgers in the opener, I'd think it was him, but he didn't.

No excuses. I didn't say that Brees should win the MVP. I said he deserves strong consideration. My point was that it is irrelevant what happens between now and the end of the season. It was decided a long time ago that Rodgers is the MVP this year and the Packers will clearly win the SB and go down as the greatest team ever according to the media.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 06:52 PM
The Saints have lost to Tampa Bay and St. Louis(without Bradford), what's their excuse?

well son last time I checked it takes more than 1 person to beat a team. what was the Packers excuse for losing to a shitty KC team today? If the Saints were 9-5 right now then you would have a legit argument, but they are 11-3 and will more than likely win out to finish 13-3. Brees dominated Rodgers in their match up as far as individual stats goes. Its not Brees's fault that another player fumbled the ball that cost them the game.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 06:59 PM
the media carefully controls who they want their viewers to see as the MVP. they have been campaigning for Rodgers the entire season and completely disregarding what any other QB's have accomplished. however when the stats and the facts are exposed, anyone who understands the game of football can see that Rodgers is definitely in the top 3 and would be deserving of the MVP if he won, but he is FAR from being a "lock" for the award.

Brees will finish the season with FAR MORE passing yards, completions, a much better completion percentage, and more than likely more touchdowns as well. but the media wants you to turn the other cheek and ignore the facts.

tlongII
12-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Rodgers has more TD's and less picks.

Bill_Brasky
12-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Brees defense > Rodgers defense, yet Rodgers team has the better record.

Bill_Brasky
12-18-2011, 07:02 PM
well son last time I checked it takes more than 1 person to beat a team. what was the Packers excuse for losing to a shitty KC team today? If the Saints were 9-5 right now then you would have a legit argument, but they are 11-3 and will more than likely win out to finish 13-3. Brees dominated Rodgers in their match up as far as individual stats goes. Its not Brees's fault that another player fumbled the ball that cost them the game.

I said they are 1a and 1b. Rodgers team has the better record, therefore he gets the nod. These things aren't very hard to understand unless you're a blind homer.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Brees defense > Rodgers defense, yet Rodgers team has the better record.

lol son both of their defense's are pure garbage, but the Saints D gives up more points per game than the Packers D.

BUMP
12-18-2011, 07:36 PM
son are you stupid? did you not read the entire post?

Brees has had better numbers than Rodgers the entire season.

sons did you not read my post either?

I said the important categories which is Touchdown-Interceptions. Nobody cares about total yards sons

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 08:47 PM

I said the important categories which is Touchdown-Interceptions. Nobody cares about total yards sons

ah ok so according to that ignorant logic touchdowns and interceptions are the only way to prove who is better?

so ... the fact that Rodgers has 2 more touchdown passes and 5 less interceptions means he is better? so we should ignore the fact that Rodgers has over 400 less passing yards, is 3.5% less accurate on his passes, and has has nearly 100 less completions than Brees? ... if Rodgers threw the ball as much as Brees does then he would have at least 10+ interceptions as well.

lol at him having 2 more touchdowns meaning he is better according to you.

Bill_Brasky
12-18-2011, 08:48 PM
ah ok so according to that ignorant logic touchdowns and interceptions are the only way to prove who is better?

so ... the fact that Rodgers has 2 more touchdown passes and 5 less interceptions means he is better? so we should ignore the fact that Rodgers has over 400 less passing yards, is 3.5% less accurate on his passes, and has has nearly 100 less completions than Brees? ... if Rodgers threw the ball as much as Brees does then he would have at least 10+ interceptions as well.

:lmao butthurt Saints fan.

If you were a Packers fan you would be talking about how silly it is that Brees is even in the discussion.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 08:57 PM
not at all. they are both worthy. I'm just exposing idiots who think that Rodgers is a shoe in for the award.

who is your team by the way son since San Antonio has nothing to cheer for?

Pelicans78
12-18-2011, 08:59 PM
Rodgers should be the favorite. Brees and Brady deserve consideration and they'll get some votes, but Rodgers will win.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Brees' stats are a bit more padded since there have been more games where the Saints were playing from behind.

Rodgers > Brees

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 09:21 PM
there have been more games where the Saints were playing from behind.

wow ...

is that seriously your argument? do you truly want to stick with that?

son out of the Saints 11 wins this season they have only "played from behind" in ONE of them which was the third game of the season at Houston when they went into halftime down 16-10. please at least look up the facts before spewing pure stupidity like that. now out of the Packers wins, they have "played from behind" against Carolina (down 13-7 at half) and Minnesota (down 17-13 at half). also the same argument about stat padding could be said about Rodgers padding his stats in those games because they were playing from behind as well as in the 3rd and 4th quarters against scrub teams. that is a bitch argument to use.

so according to your logic in games that both teams "were playing from behind" in ... the Saints have played from behind in 4 games (counting their 3 losses) and the Packers have played from behind in 3 games (counting their loss today). lol at this being your reason.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 09:24 PM
wow ...

is that seriously your argument? do you truly want to stick with that?

son out of the Saints 11 wins this season they have only "played from behind" in ONE of them which was the third game of the season at Houston when they went into halftime down 16-10. please at least look up the facts before spewing pure stupidity like that.

now out of the Packers wins, they have "played from behind" against Carolina (down 13-7 at half) and Minnesota (down 17-13 at half). also the same argument about stat padding could be said about Rodgers padding his stats in those games because they were playing from behind as well as in the 3rd and 4th quarters against scrub teams. that is a bitch argument to use.

What about the Saints losses? Obviously you excluded their losses because it means two more games the Saints were playing from behind then the Packers.

Looks like someone is using the bitch argument. Rodgers padding stats? Really? LOL

Keep sipping the kool aid, son.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 09:26 PM
What about the Saints losses? Obviously you excluded their losses because it means two more games the Saints were playing from behind then the Packers.

Looks like someone is using the bitch argument. Rodgers padding stats? Really? LOL

Keep sipping the kool aid, son.

read the entire post dumbass

LnGrrrR
12-18-2011, 09:27 PM
If we are talking about overcoming shitty defenses, Brady would win it in a landslide. :lol

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
lol at that ignorant fool saying that Brees is stat padding because in FOUR games this season the Saints have been playing from behind, but his golden boy Rodgers isn't stat padding when doing the EXACT SAME THING when the Packers were playing from behind in THREE games this season or when running up the score against scrub teams.

dumbass wants his cake and to eat it too! pot meet kettle!

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 09:32 PM
read the entire post dumbass

You got a response to the Saints two additional losses, dumbass?

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 09:37 PM
read the damn post. do you even understand the game of football?

son at this point in the season its a toss up between who the better team is. There is NO DOUBT that the Packers deserve a slight edge considering they only have 1 loss, but they barely squeaked by the Saints in the HOME OPENER of the season. If you think that the first game of the season determined who the better team was, then LOL at you. Both teams have losses to scrub teams, but the Packers have only lost once and the Saints twice so they get the nod.

This thread is about two individual players and their stats and only a fool would look at the stats and the facts and come to the conclusion that Aaron Rodgers is hands down the best. its a toss up.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Did you know that the Saints have played from behind going into the 4th quarter in 5 games this year? Did you also know that the Packers have never been behind entering the 4th quarter? Usually when a passing team is behind they will throw the ball. There's your reason Brees has higher stats. It has nothing to do with being a better football player.

Its not a toss up who the better team is. Packers are 13-1. Saints are 11-3. Do you understand the game of football, son.

Going into today Rodgers passer rating is 123.3. Brees is 105.9. Choke on those stats, dumbass.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Going into todays games...

Brees has attempted 105 more throws then Rodgers.

Rodgers avg 9.42 yards an attempt. Brees 8.04.

So genius tell me who would have more yards if passing attempts were even?

Fabbs
12-18-2011, 09:59 PM
Brees recievers >>>> Rodgers recievers.

Esp today. Rodgers did not suck vs KC Chiefs.
8 balldrops at minimum.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Going into today Rodgers passer rating is 123.3. Brees is 105.9. Choke on those stats, dumbass.

lol funny how you conveniently leave out today. why?

because Rodgers rating was under 90 and Brees's was nearly 150.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Going into todays games...

Brees has attempted 105 more throws then Rodgers.

Rodgers avg 9.42 yards an attempt. Brees 8.04.

So genius tell me who would have more yards if passing attempts were even?

and that is exactly why the touchdown/interceptions argument is pure ignorance. Rodgers would have just as many and probably more interceptions if he threw the ball as much.

also ... Brees is much more accurate and his completion percentage proves it. he is nearly at 72% now while Rodgers is steadily declining to almost 67%.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 10:41 PM
lol funny how you conveniently leave out today. why?

because Rodgers rating was under 90 and Brees's was nearly 150.

Those are the current season ratings before todays games, dumbass. Clearly you don't understand the game of football if you think one game tips the rating to Brees' favor.

LOL

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
and that is exactly why the touchdown/interceptions argument is pure ignorance. Rodgers would have just as many and probably more interceptions if he threw the ball as much.

also ... Brees is much more accurate and his completion percentage proves it. he is nearly at 72% now while Rodgers is steadily declining to almost 67%.

Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Fabbs
12-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Dropped passes count against the quarterback.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Those are the current season ratings, dumbass. Clearly you don't understand the game of football if you think one game means everything.

LOL

no they are not stupid. go back and look they have yet to update them. they are still showing Brees at 32 touchdowns whenever he had 5 today (37 total). they usually don't update the stats until Monday you dumbfuck.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
look at their yardage and all of the other stats. add em up and you'll see that they have yet to update today's stats into it.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
no they are not stupid. go back and look they have yet to update them. they are still showing Brees at 32 touchdowns whenever he had 5 today (37 total). they usually don't update the stats until Monday you dumbfuck.

You took too long to reply to my post, dumbfuck. Check it out again.

You're still an idiot if you think Brees will pass Rodgers in overall QB rating based on todays games.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
look at their yardage and all of the other stats. add em up and you'll see that they have yet to update today's stats into it.

Ok, fine. When they update tomorrow you'll see Rodgers > Brees in QB rating.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 10:49 PM
You took too long to reply to my post, dumbfuck. Check it out again.

You're still an idiot if you think Brees will pass Rodgers in overall QB rating based on todays games.

LMAO! NICE TRY BUDDY!

you quickly edited your post once you realized your fuck up. good try though.

I called you out for your false claims of those being the updated stats, then the fact that you conveniently left out today's games.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM

no. you're the idiot for making ignorant assumptions, editing your post after realizing your numerous mistakes, and then putting words in my mouth. I never once said that "Brees will pass Rodgers in overall QB rating based on todays games".

it will however be much closer. Brees owns Rodgers in nearly every stat category and is steadily chasing him down on the QB rating as well.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
oh look, updated stats

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/playersort/NFL/PYDS/2011/regular?&_1:col_1=10

Rodgers 120.1
Brees 109.1

Brees 41.6 passing attempts a game
Rodgers 33.8 passing attempts a game

Hmm I wonder why Brees has more passing yards?

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 10:53 PM
LMAO! NICE TRY BUDDY!

you quickly edited your post once you realized your fuck up. good try though.

I called you out for your false claims of those being the updated stats, then the fact that you conveniently left out today's games.

I edited my post because I knew you would be a snobby dumbass. I didn't leave out today's games because on purpose. I had no data. Until now.

What a sad pathetic troll you are.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I actually like Brees. But to say he's better then Rodgers based on passing yards and completion percentages if flat out laughable.

You sir win for "Best Troll of the Day"

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Drew Brees is playing like the NFL's MVP

Minneapolis - A month ago it seemed a foregone conclusion that Aaron Rodgers would win the NFL's Most Valuable Player award. But Drew Brees might just be passing his way back into the race.

http://media.nola.com/saints_impact/photo/10365824-large.jpg

Make no mistake, Rodgers remains the overwhelming favorite to win the league's most prestigious individual award, and at this point, it would take an epic meltdown for the Packers' quarterback to lose it. But as we enter the season's final fortnight, Brees is making a furious late push for consideration. His numbers are simply too overwhelming to be ignored.
Sunday was another monster, record-setting passing day for Brees as the Saints mauled Minnesota 42-20 at Mall of America Field. He completed 32 of 40 passes for 412 yards and five touchdowns. For the fifth consecutive game, he didn't throw an interception.
It's the first time in NFL history a quarterback has completed 80 percent of his passes while throwing for 400 yards, five touchdowns and no interceptions. In other words, no passer has ever been so efficient AND so prolific in the same game.
And Brees did this in a little more than three quarters. He watched the final 12 minutes and 50 seconds of play while wearing a white baseball cap as backup Chase Daniel assumed mop-up duty in the empty stadium down the stretch.

The most remarkable thing about Brees' performance was it didn't even stand out among his recent string of stellar efforts.
Since the embarrassing loss to the Rams in Week 8, he's passed for an average of 339 yards a game, completed nearly 73 percent of his throws, while throwing 18 touchdowns and only one interception.
The Saints have won all six games during that span and kept pace with the 49ers for the No. 2 seed in the NFC playoffs. The Saints are just two wins away from matching the most successful season in club history, the club-record 13-3 mark of 2009. And with both remaining games scheduled for the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, where the Saints are unbeaten this season, you have to like their chances.
"You really can't put it into words," receiver Marques Colston said. "... The things he does on the field speak for themselves."
So do the numbers, which, at this point, almost require an advanced math degree to comprehend.
Sunday marked the 11th time this season Brees has passed for 300 or more yards in a game. That's an NFL record. It was the seventh time he's topped 350 yards, also an NFL record.
His five touchdown passes gave him 37 this season. That's a new club record.
Meanwhile, he extended his streak of consecutive games with a touchdown pass to 41, which is the second longest streak in NFL history, and stayed on pace to break his own NFL mark for completion percentage in a season and eclipse Dan Marino's 27-year-old record for passing yards in a season. Oh, and the 573-yard offensive onslaught he directed kept the Saints on pace to break the 2000 Rams' NFL record for total yards in a season.
"Drew is playing outstanding," Saints Coach Sean Payton said. "We have two weeks left in the season and he is having a great year, and obviously Aaron is having a great year. ... We don't really focus on the postseason stuff in regards to awards."
While Brees' numbers are unquestionably MVP worthy, it appears he will once again play Susan Lucci to some other winner. No great player in league history has experienced such unfortunate timing in regards to the MVP race. In 2006, he was worthy of the award but Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for an NFL-record 28 touchdowns. In 2008 and 2009, he also was in the hunt but was outdone by Peyton Manning. This season Rodgers has a mind-boggling 40-6 touchdown-to-interception ratio and is on pace to set a league record for passer efficiency rating.
"I would definitely vote for Drew for MVP, but I don't think he's going to get it," left guard Carl Nicks said. "Everybody is on Aaron Rodgers' (band wagon), and rightly so. It's well-deserved. But Drew's numbers are staggering."
Sunday was another day of dizzying statistics for Brees and the Saints. At one point, they had outgained the Vikings by this-is-not-a-typo 412-0 in passing yardage. Midway through the third quarter they had three times as many first downs as the Vikings had completed passes.
By the second half, the contest was so clearly in hand the Saints seemingly were choosing which players they wanted to score.
Tight end John Gilmore, a blocking specialist by trade, was delivered his first touchdown pass as a Saint, a 2-yarder in the third quarter.
The final score was "gifted" to Pierre Thomas, who celebrated his 27th birthday Sunday.
"I kind of peaked at the scoreboard late in the game and it said 'Drew Brees, passer rating 140.5, five touchdowns, zero turnovers,' and I just shook my head," tight end Jimmy Graham said. "He's just a special player. ... In my opinion, there's no better quarterback in the NFL."
Brees needs 305 yards to reach 5,085 passing yards and eclipse the record Marino set in 1984. Fittingly, his pursuit of the hallowed milestone will have the appropriate stage. Next weekend's game against the archrival Falcons will be played on "Monday Night Football" before a nationwide audience.
"It's great to have a front-row seat to watch that happen," defensive end Will Smith said. "... I would love to see him go out there and beat it, and I don't think he's just going to beat it, I think he's probably going to shatter it."
And even then, after passing for more yards in a season than any quarterback in NFL history, it likely won't be enough to win the MVP. If the award goes to Rodgers as expected, Brees will have unequivocally recorded the greatest non-MVP season in NFL history. No player has ever played so well and not won it.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 10:57 PM
oh look, updated stats

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/stats/playersort/NFL/PYDS/2011/regular?&_1:col_1=10

Rodgers 120.1
Brees 109.1

Brees 41.6 passing attempts a game
Rodgers 33.8 passing attempts a game

Hmm I wonder why Brees has more passing yards?

and like I said it is much closer. LOL at you pointing out that because Brees passes the ball more is why he has more yards ... no shit Sherlock. that would be like me saying "hmm I wonder why Rodgers only has 6 interceptions! its because he doesn't throw the ball as much!"

but its hilarious how you IGNORE the fact that Brees is much more accurate and it is even more impressive considering how much he does pass. oh and you brag about Rodgers only having 6 interceptions, yet ignore the fact that if he passed the ball as much as Brees does then he would have more interceptions as well.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I actually like Brees. But to say he's better then Rodgers based on passing yards and completion percentages if flat out laughable.

You sir win for "Best Troll of the Day"

lol wow you are weak ... not even worth responding to anymore.

I never once said that Brees is better than Rodgers based on passing yards and completions alone. when did I ever say that? you putting words in my mouth is not helping your cause. I have said from the start that it is a toss up right now as to who the MVP SHOULD BE. the stats prove that Rodgers shouldn't be a shoe in for the award. 6 weeks ago? of course! ... but Brees has been the absolute best QB and player in the NFL in the second half of the season.

oh and thanks for the laughs with all of the going back and quickly editing your post when you realized you had the facts wrong. lol classic.

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 11:01 PM
and like I said it is much closer. LOL at you pointing out that because Brees passes the ball more is why he has more yards ... no shit Sherlock. that would be like me saying "hmm I wonder why Rodgers only has 6 interceptions! its because he doesn't throw the ball as much!"

but its hilarious how you IGNORE the fact that Brees is much more accurate and it is even more impressive considering how much he does pass. oh and you brag about Rodgers only having 6 interceptions, yet ignore the fact that if he passed the ball as much as Brees does then he would have more interceptions as well.

I didn't ignore anything. Brees is more accurate. But your main argument of Brees > Rodgers is because of passing yards.

Rodgers averages one INT every 80 throws. He has 110 less throws then Brees. Do the math.

Two games still to go. I expect Rodgers to have a better QB rating at the end of the season. You can throw yards, completion percentage, TDs...but all of that is factored into the QB rating. So Rodgers is higher for a reason.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 11:03 PM
NFL Records that Brees will (or already has) accomplish this year:

11 (and counting) games of 300+ yards in a single season

7 (and counting) games of 350+ yards in a single season

highest completetion percentage in a single season

passing yards in a single season

Aaron Rodgers NFL records this season:

?

oh, but he has 2 more wins and a few more td passes and a few less picks

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 11:04 PM

?

All those records yet he only has 420 more yards then Rodgers despite passing 110 times more. Interesting.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 11:08 PM

?

Great article posted by the way

if the Saints win out and finish 13-3 then Drew Brees should be the MVP hands down, bar none. the amount of records that he has broken this season and other team accomplishments are unbelievable.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Great article posted by the way

if the Saints win out and finish 13-3 then Drew Brees should be the MVP hands down, bar none. the amount of records that he has broken this season and other team accomplishments are unbelievable.

I would hope that the media and voters see it that way when they are deciding on a QB who breaks 4 NFL records in a single season or a QB who breaks none.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 11:16 PM
wow I never realized just how many times Rodgers has been sacked this season and he has a damn good offensive line. He has been sacked 36 times! that's the most amount of sacks of any QB ranked inside the top 20! Alex Smith is the only QB ranked inside the top 20 QB's in the NFL who have been sacked more than Rodgers with 39 sacks.

Rodgers - 36 sacks
Brees - 23 sacks
Brady - 24 sacks

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 11:18 PM
wow I never realized just how many times Rodgers has been sacked this season and he has a damn good offensive line. He has been sacked 36 times! that's the most amount of sacks of any QB ranked inside the top 20! Alex Smith is the only QB ranked inside the top 20 QB's in the NFL who have been sacked more than Rodgers with 39 sacks.

Rodgers - 36 sacks
Brees - 23 sacks
Brady - 24 sacks

I think the Packers lost 2 starters on the O-line in todays game.. I think one broke his leg and is out for the season.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 11:20 PM
which only means that even more sacks are to come.

well at least Rodgers may have a chance at beating one QB record this season. anyone know what the record is for a QB getting sacked the most in a single season? lol

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 11:21 PM
No but I am sure that Archie Manning is up there lol

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 11:22 PM
lol truth bomb

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 11:29 PM

Rodgers - 36 sacks
Brees - 23 sacks
Brady - 24 sacks

Both QBs have good lines.

Rodgers does have more rushing yards and rushing TDs...just thought I mention that since you brought up sacks. Sacks could be either because his pocket skills are inferior to Brees OR his line is inferior to Brees OR his receivers are inferior and lack better seperation skills then Brees receivers. Without analyzing every game tape there is no way you or I could determine that. So I'm not really sure what you were getting at with the sacks.

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 11:31 PM
I just googled "quarterback sacks records" and immediately Aaron Rodgers named popped up lol. some from this year, some from previous years ...

Packer Quarterback Aaron Rodgers Season Sack Record | Will He Beat Phil Simms?

"After eight games, Rodgers holds the most sacks of a single quarterback this season at 37. At this rate, he could reach up to 71 sacks for the season "

http://www.lambeaufieldticketsfan.com/2009/11/packer-quarterback-aaron-rodgers-season.html

David Carr holds the record for most QB sacks in a single season with getting sacked 76 times in 2002. lol ...

BRHornet45
12-18-2011, 11:37 PM
well Brees is also nearly 4 years older than Rodgers and isn't going to run the ball as much as he did years ago. same thing with Brady, Manning (well he never really did), etc.

Rodgers has 207 yards on 53 attempts with an average of 3.9 yards per carry

Brees has 68 yards on 17 attempts with a average of 4.1 yards per carry

son this is just like your passing argument. Brees has rushed the ball 36 less times than Rodgers, yet has a better yards per carry! if he had ran the ball just as much then he would have more yardage!!! lol ... come on, neither of them can run the ball.

Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah Brees doesn't run often, but when he does, it looks like this

http://i44.tinypic.com/2h2ihy8.jpg

Pelicans78
12-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Rodgers has the edge right now, but it's not over.

fevertrees
12-19-2011, 01:21 AM

Brees had more TDs and less interceptions than Manning in 2009 but apparently that didn't matter then. Rodgers will win simply because the media has declared it since the start of the season.

BRHornet45
12-19-2011, 01:31 AM
Brees had more TDs and less interceptions than Manning in 2009 but apparently that didn't matter then. Rodgers will win simply because the media has declared it since the start of the season.

excellent point

like I said ... the MVP award very rarely ever goes to the most deserving player

LnGrrrR
12-19-2011, 12:43 PM
I knew the record had to be David Carr. That guy absolutely got mauled. I remember the new Texans took that Olineman Tony... Boselli? Something like that. And he ended up not even playing.

Ghazi
12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Rodgers is on a better team, has a better passer rating, more TDs, less INts, and more yards/attempt. Brees only edges him in yards (this stat isn't really relevant, just means the Saints are a run and shoot BS passing team) and completion %.

Rodgers > Brees

:lol Louisiana

Pelicans78
12-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I rather Rodgers win the MVP. Doesn't matter to me. Manning won the regular season MVP in 2009, but Brees won the Super Bowl MVP that season.

Besides, the Saints should run the ball down their throats with all the RBs they have. All 4 of the Saints RBs would start on the Packers.

BUMP
12-19-2011, 02:23 PM

lol at you also ignoring the fact that he has less interceptions as well.

leemajors
12-19-2011, 02:42 PM
I knew the record had to be David Carr. That guy absolutely got mauled. I remember the new Texans took that Olineman Tony... Boselli? Something like that. And he ended up not even playing.

Boselli was from Jacksonville, I think his shoulders were already falling off at that point.

TIMMYtoZO
12-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Both qbs are stat padders who need homefield or always needing a lead in the 4th. Rodgers failed when trailing in the 4th and brees is nothing special when he is not playing at the superdome. Eli can win anywhere and knows how to win when trailing in the 4th.

Spursfan092120
12-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Both qbs are stat padders who need homefield or always needing a lead in the 4th. Rodgers failed when trailing in the 4th and brees is nothing special when he is not playing at the superdome. Eli can win anywhere and knows how to win when trailing in the 4th.

nc_LIR5ExIU

Blake
12-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Rodgers has the edge right now, but it's not over.

Rodgers would absolutely have to tank.

Even then, Brady could also beat out Brees.

Pelicans78
12-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Rodgers would absolutely have to tank.

Even then, Brady could also beat out Brees.

Yeah Brees and Brady are pretty even across the board. Both are 2A and 2B. Rodgers has the edge as he should.

Darth_Pelican
12-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Brees posting MVP-worthy numbers

Rodgers' season is excellent, but assault on Marino's passing record may be better

There is no wrong answer, not now, not after the Green Bay Packers' perfect season ended with a subpar outing by the team and its quarterback against Kansas City. If the Packers had run the table and finished the regular season 16-0, Aaron Rodgers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers) would have been the unanimous choice as the NFL's most valuable player. There would have been no debate.

As it stands, Rodgers probably will win the league's most prestigious individual award anyway. He has had a fantastic season. It is his award to lose.
But Drew Brees (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2580/drew-brees) is equally deserving. If New Orleans wins its last two regular-season games, against Atlanta and Carolina, and -- as expected -- Brees obliterates Dan Marino's 27-year-old record for passing yards in a season, I will be hard-pressed to vote for Rodgers over Brees.

[+] Enlargehttp://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/1223/nfl_g_brees_sy_200.jpg (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/#)Tom Dahlin/Getty ImagesHe's been overlooked before and may be again this year, but Drew Brees is putting up MVP-worthy numbers.

That record is football gold. Marino's 1984 season is the standard for quarterbacks. He was so dominant that year, against defenses that were not hamstrung the way they are today, that no one has surpassed it. Even with rules protecting quarterbacks and prohibiting contact to receivers after five yards, Peyton Manning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/1428/peyton-manning) never topped Marino. Neither has Tom Brady (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady). Neither, so far, has Brees, who came within 15 yards of matching the record in 2008 and is the only other player in league history to throw for at least 5,000 yards in a season.
Marino threw for 5,084 yards the season he defined quarterback excellence. Brees is going to sail past that.
The numbers in Brees' favor are staggering. With two games to go, he has thrown for 4,780 yards -- the most in NFL history through 14 games -- and is on pace for 5,462 yards. In a season in which he is averaging 341.4 passing yards per game, Brees needs to average only 152.5 yards in the next two games to break the record. Only three teams have held Brees to fewer than 300 passing yards, and none did better than Tampa Bay, which gave up 258 yards in Week 9.
After completing 32 of 40 passes, a whopping 80 percent, against Minnesota on Sunday, Brees has completed a league-high 71.5 percent of his passes this season. He set the league record for completion percentage (70.6) in 2009.
Brees has a team-record and career-high 37 touchdown passes, including five each against the Vikings and Indianapolis, and four against the Giants in Week 12. He has thrown for a touchdown in 41 consecutive games and needs to do so in six more games to tie John Unitas for the most consecutive games with a touchdown pass in NFL history. (Brees also has a streak of 34 games with at least 20 completions, an NFL record.)
With 412 yards against Minnesota, Brees has 11 300-yard passing games, eclipsing the NFL record he (2008, 2011) and Oakland's Rich Gannon (2002) shared. He has thrown for at least 300 yards in the last five games, one shy of the record for consecutive 300-yard games held by Gannon (2002), St. Louis's Kurt Warner (2000) and San Francisco's Steve Young (1998).
Brees has gone five consecutive games without an interception -- he has thrown 11 all season. Since their embarrassing Week 8 loss to St. Louis, the Saints have won six straight games and have a chance to tie a franchise record, set in 2009 with Brees at the helm, with 13 wins this season.
"Drew's having, in my mind, an MVP season, there's no doubt about that," Atlanta coach Mike Smith told reporters in New Orleans on Thursday. "He's distributing the ball extremely well. They're a top-10 team in running the football, the No. 1 team in total yards, No. 2 in points. Just to watch him operate, he looks very comfortable back there running the offense. It's just amazing to watch him go out and run that offense. I hope he's at his highest level because if he plays any better I don't know if there's any way to stop him."

Smith should know. In Week 10, Brees carved up Smith's Falcons, completing 69.8 percent of his passes for 322 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions. But that was nothing compared to what he did at Minnesota last week. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Brees became the first player ever with 400 passing yards, five passing touchdowns and an 80 percent completion rate in a game.
Like Brees, Rodgers has been outstanding, and he probably will be most voters' selection for MVP. The Packers are 13-1, and Rodgers has thrown 40 touchdown passes and just six interceptions and is on the brink of setting an NFL record for passer rating in a season. Rodgers has been efficient, accurate, relentless and consistently good. One bad game against the Chiefs doesn't change that.
On Thursday, Brees said that he hasn't given the MVP award much thought this season, "because turning on TV, watching Aaron Rodgers light it up, he seems like a pretty obvious choice," he said.
But the door is now open for Brees, who deserved to win it in 2006 but lost out to LaDainian Tomlinson (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2553/ladainian-tomlinson), who set an NFL record for touchdowns (31) and points (186). Brees also deserved to win it in 2008 and 2009 but lost out to the Colts' Manning, who threw for 4,002 and then 4,500 yards.
Brees is as image-conscious as Manning and, though he would never admit it, being the league's MVP would mean something to him. Speaking about the award in general, he called winning it "significant" and "a tremendous honor."
Brees probably won't win the award this year, either, but he should. Marino's record is special. Brees' will be, too.

Fabbs
12-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Rodgers vs Bears
21-29 283 5 tds 0 INTs.

Rodgers threw his last pass with 14:55 left in the 4th so no stat padding.

BRHornet45
12-26-2011, 10:22 PM
now sons for any of you Brees haters that right there is usually 50% of his interceptions. passes that are dead on, but the receiver can't hold on to it and it bounces into the air. that is at least the 5th or 6th one this season.

Fabbs
12-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Brees comes back into the game up 22 with 5 minutes left to stat pad to the record. :rolleyes

I guess you could say the LouNecks wanted to see the record broken at home.
Notin rong wit dat i guess.

BRHornet45
12-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Brees comes back into the game up 22 with 5 minutes left to stat pad to the record. :rolleyes

I guess you could say the LouNecks wanted to see the record broken at home.
Notin rong wit dat i guess.

son he came back in to throw 30 yards to get the record against our biggest rival. it NEEDED to be done tonight against the Falcons and their ghetto ass, shit talking (with nothing to back it up) fan base!

Obstructed_View
12-27-2011, 02:10 AM
Not sure how MVP isn't wrapped up at this point.

BUMP
12-27-2011, 04:20 PM
Not sure how MVP isn't wrapped up at this point.

'ructed_V, with the fo+c=dbs, /thread, "I have more posts therefore I have a larger penis" goods par per etc

Pelicans78
12-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Rodgers should win the MVP. Besides, who cares if Brees can win the Super Bowl MVP.

Darth_Pelican
01-01-2012, 08:32 PM
BR, when you get a chance please do a final season comparison.

Off the top of my head, I know that Brees led the NFL in TD passes with 46, and he broke multiple NFL single season records:

Passing Yards
Completion Percentage
Number of Completions
Games of over 300+ passing yards
Games of over 350+ passing yards
Games of 5+ Touchdown passes

I don't think Rodgers broke any NFL records this season

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM
RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
How hard can it be for Aaron Rodgers if his backup throws for 480 and SIX TOUCHDOWNS vs. Detroit trying hard to win?! MVP? Really? System?

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 09:40 PM
FINAL STATS

MVP

Drew Brees

Passing Yards - 5,476 (1st)
Touchdowns - 46 (1st)
Interceptions - 14
Sacks - 24
Completions - 468 (1st)
Completion Percentage - 71.2% (1st)

Notable NFL records broken

Single Season Passing Yards (broke Marino's 27 year old record)
Single Season Completion Percentage (broke his own 2009 record)
Single Season Total Completions
13 Games of over 300+ single season passing yards (broke his own record)
7 Games of over 350+ single season passing yards
Games of 5+ Touchdown passes
Single Season Total Team Offensive Yards - 7,474
Single Season Total Team First Downs - 416

Runner Up

Tom Brady

Passing Yards - 5,235 - (2nd)
Touchdowns - 39 - (4th)
Interceptions - 13
Sacks - 32
Completions - 401 - (3rd)
Completion Percentage - 65.6% - (3rd)

3rd Place

Aaron Rodgers

Passing Yards - 4,643 - (4th)
Touchdowns - 45 - (2nd)
Interceptions - 6
Sacks - 36
Completions - 343 - (6th)
Completion Percentage - 68.3% - (2nd)

* I had Aaron Rodgers as runner up for the MVP up until today when Matt Flynn exposed the system. In result, Tom Brady should be the runner up.

Fabbs
01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless
How hard can it be for Aaron Rodgers if his backup throws for 480 and SIX TOUCHDOWNS vs. Detroit trying hard to win?! MVP? Really? System?
Brady also broke Marinos record.
PRivers became only the 4th QB to pass for 4,500+ four straight years.
This final Sundays games had all kinds of insane pass yardage stats.
Yardage has increased with the rule changes.

Son props to Brees, but lets see if he can Bowl it.

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Brady also broke Marinos record.

but he didn't surpass Brees and Brees broke it in 15 games. Brady needed 16 games.

PRivers became only the 4th QB to pass for 4,500+ four straight years.

son that's not true at all. Rivers threw for 4,314 this season, 4,710 in 10, 4,254 in 09, and 4,009 in 08.

Not exactly sure what you're talking about there. to put things into perspective, over the last 4 years Brees has 19,553 passing yards and Rivers has 17,287.

This final Sundays games had all kinds of insane pass yardage stats.

and numerous teams, like Green Bay were playing against teams fighting for the playoffs. so the numbers weren't in "garbage time".

Yardage has increased with the rule changes.

and son just like in every other sport in the world the players get bigger, stronger, and faster every decade. the same argument can be used against guys like Marino or Babe Ruth for racking up stats against smaller and weaker talented players and less black players.

Son props to Brees, but lets see if he can Bowl it.

thanks son. he has led us there before and that is the ultimate goal. God bless

school is out now

Fabbs
01-01-2012, 10:52 PM
son that's not true at all. Rivers threw for 4,314 this season, 4,710 in 10, 4,254 in 09, and 4,009 in 08.

Not exactly sure what you're talking about there. to put things into perspective, over the last 4 years Brees has 19,553 passing yards and Rivers has 17,287.
They quoted it during the game. Perhaps Rivers is only the 4th to do 4000+ 4 years straight. Yes son i believe Brees was one of the 4.

and numerous teams, like Green Bay were playing against teams fighting for the playoffs. so the numbers weren't in "garbage time".
Maybe only the Saints game had no playoff implications and thus was a pure "stat padder".:lol

BRHornet45
01-01-2012, 11:02 PM
well son when you kick the shit out of everyone in the second half of the season, people tend to get mad and make up silly excuses.