PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Targeting... Maurice Evans?

GSH
12-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Hoopshype has a nice chart showing all 30 teams, their player additions, subtractions, targets, and free agents. It's pretty depressing if you're a Spurs fan, and you see all these other teams making moves. http://hoopshype.com/market_center.htm

But then if you look at the Spurs "targets" column, it shows Maurice Evans. Seriously? Does anyone else know about this? It's hard to believe that HoopsHype would just pick a name randomly. But is it really possible that with the needs this team has, our FO has been spending time looking for a mediocre 6'5" shooting guard? Is this the old "best player available, regardless of position" (that we can afford)? Say it ain't so.

After last night's game, I can't take much comfort from the thought that we won't actually see Bonner and Novak on the floor at the same time. Because I know that those guys are going to be on the floor separately. Right now, the only thing that could make Spurs fans feel worse is if the team finally announces an acquisition, and it's Maurice Evans.

timtonymanu
12-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Evans has already agreed to resign with Washington, IIRC.

angelbelow
12-18-2011, 07:49 PM
I thought I read something about him resigning with the Wizards.. could be wrong though.

As far as hoppshype goes, theyre one of the least reliable NBA news sites out there so I wouldn't put too much trust into what they say.

I agree, we definitely dont need a mediocre player like Mo Evans right now. Id rather JA and KL the minutes they need to get confident and start producing.

SenorSpur
12-18-2011, 07:52 PM
As long as he's not coming here.

GSH
12-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Evans has already agreed to resign with Washington, IIRC.

Thanks. I'm happy to know he's not coming here. Now I'll just tell myself that we weren't shopping for him, and the world turns righ-side-up again.

slick'81
12-18-2011, 08:02 PM
yeah dude signed days ago

lmbebo
12-18-2011, 08:16 PM
it was rumored awhile ago. With JHoward, CBulter, etc.

Dead now.