Darth_Pelican
12-18-2011, 08:55 PM
UPDATED:

Colts: 2-13

Rams: 2-13

Vikings: 3-12

Spurtacus
12-18-2011, 09:08 PM
None of those teams needs a franchise QB. Colts are dumb for wanting to part with Peyton. He still has a good 5 years left in him.

Vikings have Ponder. Rams have Bradford. Rams suck this year because of their injuries to Oline and WR corps.

If Vikings or Rams get the #1 pick I expect them to deal it. Hell I would. Dolphins, Chiefs, Redskins will want Luck.

Spursfan092120
12-18-2011, 10:36 PM
I was just thinking the same thing. Someone's going to trade up if the Rams or Vikings get that top pick.

IronMexican
12-19-2011, 01:22 AM
I think the Vikings would deal Ponder if they get it.

Obstructed_View
12-19-2011, 06:07 AM
Any of those teams would be smarter to deal their existing QB than to try to trade the pick down and pass on Luck.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-19-2011, 10:45 AM
St. Louis keeping Bradford over Luck would make sense, but Indianapolis would be retarded to trade Luck and keep Manning. They should either try to transition smoothly from Manning to Luck or rebuild completely with Luck.

And Indy should fire caldwell regardless.

JMarkJohns
12-19-2011, 11:14 AM
At this rate, I think Rams even take Luck. Bradford has really regressed. I would draft Luck and see what can be gotten in return for Bradford. No GM would fault the Rams for drafting/keeping Luck. He's a once-in-a-generation type talent. Bradford still holds a lot of value and could easily bring in a 1st and some later picks by a team.

Only team with a young QB I think trades the pick is Carolina. Newton is legit. Maybe Detroit.

Darth_Pelican
12-19-2011, 11:16 AM
If all 3 teams finish 2-14, who gets the pick? And what determines it?

JMarkJohns
12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Probably head-to-head, then divisional record, then conference record, etc...

Fabbs
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Luck is by spades the most valuable pic whether kept or traded.
Even tho i think he is overated.

Colts doing anything other then tanking is beyond stupid.

Darth_Pelican
12-22-2011, 11:30 PM
LOL Colts fans cheering the fact that the most valuable asset in the draft is slipping away from them.

DeadlyDynasty
12-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Colts have a good shot at another W next week...Gabbert is beyond terrible

benefactor
12-22-2011, 11:40 PM
LOL Colts fans cheering the fact that the most valuable asset in the draft is slipping away from them.
Those faggots probably think Peyton can return to his original form.

dirk4mvp
12-22-2011, 11:42 PM
If the Colts were gonna win 2 games this year, it at least came against the 2 gayest teams possible.

Bill_Brasky
12-22-2011, 11:54 PM
Luck hasnt impressed me this year. Think hell be solid but not as good as Peyton.

Next year it's malarkey for barkley!

DeadlyDynasty
12-22-2011, 11:58 PM
So if the season ended this week, who would have the first pick, and why?

scott
12-23-2011, 12:44 AM
3-way tie break is strength of schedule, with lowest strength of schedule picking higher.

Since the Colts beat the Texans, that lowers their SOS, and I believe they would get the pick (though you can't tell because the rest of the league still has to play). Rams are pretty much assured to have the highest SOS from what I've read, so if it finishes in a 3-way tie with 2-wins, it's between Indy and Minny.

I think Minny would be happy to get RGIII though... he would fit well with their other offensive weapons in the dome.

Fabbs
12-23-2011, 01:33 AM
Colts have gone full retard.
I could hardly believe my television screen.

Doesn't matter if you want to keep Manning or not, Luck has by far the best trade value (deservedly or not). Will sell tickets.

jag
12-23-2011, 01:47 AM
That team can't even tank properly. I like Peyton but I couldn't help but laugh at how giddy he was on the sidelines. He couldn't give a damn about the Colts getting their second win of the season during week 16. His big smile had everything to do with Luck.

Girasuck
12-23-2011, 01:09 PM
None of those teams needs a franchise QB. Colts are dumb for wanting to part with Peyton. He still has a good 5 years left in him.

Vikings have Ponder. Rams have Bradford. Rams suck this year because of their injuries to Oline and WR corps.

If Vikings or Rams get the #1 pick I expect them to deal it. Hell I would. Dolphins, Chiefs, Redskins will want Luck.

Really? From what you've seen this year out of Ponder and the made of glass Bradford, you'd take both of them over Luck? You're fucking crazy.

Sense
12-23-2011, 01:24 PM
:lol people are talking shit about a team NOT tanking? Wow...

Spurtacus
12-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Really? From what you've seen this year out of Ponder and the made of glass Bradford, you'd take both of them over Luck? You're fucking crazy.

Ponder is a rookie on a shitty offensive outside of Adrian Peterson.

Bradford has been plagued by injuries this year but so have many on the Rams.

However, I wouldn't take either QB before Luck. You fail to assess the value Luck can bring for a team that already drafted a franchise QB. If either team can get a package surrounding two first round picks, you absolutely take it. I think Robert Griffin is 90% the prospect that Luck is and he can be had for a middle first round pick.

scott
12-23-2011, 03:49 PM
The GM who passes on Luck because you have Christian Ponder deserves to be fired immediately.

Fabbs
12-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Not full retard after all but rather adding some drama queen?
Colts will secure #1 pick with a loss in next weeks reg season finale.

RGMCSE
12-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Not full retard after all but rather adding some drama queen?
Colts will secure #1 pick with a loss in next weeks reg season finale.

Go clots!:wakeup

Spurtacus
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
1. Colts
2. Rams
3. Vikings
4. Browns
5. Bucs

I believe the Browns have two first round picks.

Pelicans78
01-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Neither Ponder nor Bradford are franchise QBs.

Kirk Nowitzki
01-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Luck hasnt impressed me this year. Think hell be solid but not as good as Peyton.

Next year it's malarkey for barkley!

Luck played in a pro style offense in college and got to call his own plays. The play selection was handled pretty much the same way it is in Indy where they give Peyton a few plays and he picks the best one or audibles into a different one depending on what he sees post-huddle. If Indy is going to pick any QB to replace Manning and still run their offense the same way, Luck is the guy.

All of this RG3 hype reminds me of the Manning vs Ryan Leaf debates in 1998. Many thought Manning would be the overall better player but Leaf had more "upside" over Peyton, which is just a cutesy talent-evaluator word for more athletic. RG3 won't have a hard time putting together the kind of season Cam Newton just had on the right team, but the Colts have a shitty offensive line and a god awful defense right now. He doesn't fit what the Colts try to do on offense at all, and the only real benefit is they'd get some rushing yards out of the QB position.

dirk4mvp
01-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Agree with Kirk. Luck put up great numbers without playing in some gimmick offense. He's the most sure thing of a franchise qb since The Sheriff

Kirk Nowitzki
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
ESPN pretty much confirming the Colts will burn the No. 1 pick on Luck. I think announcing that this far away from the draft means Peyton will be taking Alex Smith's job when the season is over.