PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Holder throws race card...

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Attorney General Eric Holder accused his growing chorus of critics of racist motivations in a Sunday interview published in the New York Times. When reached by The Daily Caller Monday morning, the Department of Justice provided no evidence to support the attorney general’s claims.

Holder said some unspecified faction — what he refers to as the “more extreme segment” — is driven to criticize both him and President Barack Obama due to the color of their skin. Holder did not appear to elaborate on who he considered to make up the “more extreme segment.”

“This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him,” Holder said, according to the Times. “Both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/19/justice-dept-silent-as-holder-charges-critics-with-racism/#ixzz1h0YtU43y

mingus
12-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Lol

boutons_deux
12-19-2011, 02:26 PM
There's plenty of racism and misogynist sexism in the extreme right wing, and old white guys, and politicians who exploit the racism and misogyny. Holder not smart to mention it, but you racists can't disprove what he says.

TeyshaBlue
12-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Lol @ "You racists.":lmao

TeyshaBlue
12-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Just who are you talking to, bot?:lol

TeyshaBlue
12-19-2011, 02:31 PM
I would say it was up to Holder to make his case.

Winehole23
12-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Just who are you talking to, bot?:lolhttp://narrative.georgetown.edu/wiki/index.php/Indirect_discourse ?

TeyshaBlue
12-19-2011, 02:35 PM
:lol

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 02:47 PM
I think the ship must be sinking.

Winehole23
12-19-2011, 02:50 PM
spidey-sense tingling?

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Hmmmm...ya think Holder is worried about that OKC Bombing story coming back to haunt him?

JoeChalupa
12-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Racism is alive and well in the USA. Always has been and sadly always will be.

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 03:31 PM

People are pissed off at Holder for being fucking incompetent and a liar, not because he is black.

Winehole23
12-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Hmmmm...ya think Holder is worried about that OKC Bombing story coming back to haunt him?what do you think about the story?

DMX7
He played the "truth card" which is what really gets them mad.

Yonivore
Government racism was supposedly cured by the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and succeeding amendments thereof. While the initial Act got it right and ended the practice of government making decisions based on an individual's race, ethnicity, or national origin -- subsequent amendments and rules that created preferences for minorities re-introduced racism, by government.

And, pretending it should somehow be applied to the private sector unleashed extortion scams like Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition and Al Sharpton who exploited racial tension to blackmail large corporations into paying indulgences to their organizations in exchange for not be labeled a racist corporation.

All other racism should have been left alone. Without government support, it would have died on its own (and it still could) or, society would have so marginalized it (and they still would) that it would not be much evidenced in the general population. Unfortunately, the government has passed all sorts of hate crimes laws and elevated hateful thought to where it's kept in the forefront.

But, you're right, illegal racism is alive and well in the USA. In the form of government protected affirmative action programs.

On the other hand, I can't recall the last time I walked into a privately-owned businesses that refused to serve someone because of their race. I don't think I've ever seen a "Whites Only" sign (except in the context of an historical exhibit) in my life. And, if I think someone is so small-minded to think someone of a particular race is inferior -- because of their race -- they get neither my business or my association. That's how I fight racism.

JoeChalupa
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Government racism was supposedly cured by the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and succeeding amendments thereof. While the initial Act got it right and ended the practice of government making decisions based on an individual's race, ethnicity, or national origin -- subsequent amendments and rules that created preferences for minorities re-introduced racism, by government.

And, pretending it should somehow be applied to the private sector unleashed extortion scams like Jesse Jackson's Rainbow Coalition and Al Sharpton who exploited racial tension to blackmail large corporations into paying indulgences to their organizations in exchange for not be labeled a racist corporation.

All other racism should have been left alone. Without government support, it would have died on its own (and it still could) or, society would have so marginalized it (and they still would) that it would not be much evidenced in the general population. Unfortunately, the government has passed all sorts of hate crimes laws and elevated hateful thought to where it's kept in the forefront.

But, you're right, illegal racism is alive and well in the USA. In the form of government protected affirmative action programs.

On the other hand, I can't recall the last time I walked into a privately-owned businesses that refused to serve someone because of their race. I don't think I've ever seen a "Whites Only" sign (except in the context of an historical exhibit) in my life. And, if I think someone is so small-minded to think someone of a particular race is inferior -- because of their race -- they get neither my business or my association. That's how I fight racism.

Rush Limpballs throws out racist remarks almost daily which keeps racism alive.

JoeChalupa
12-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Affirmative action was necessary due to people not having the common decency to NOT be racist. Geez you all like to whine.

TeyshaBlue
12-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Fairly telling that the CBC isn't exactly in Holder's corner....

TeyshaBlue
12-19-2011, 04:09 PM
wtf...double post.

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I don't listen so, you're going to have to give me an example.

But, even if he did, to what effect?

And, quite frankly, I doubt what you're saying is true or he wouldn't be broadcast on as many stations as he is. If Imus can be yanked off the air for his racially charged statement, I can think of no reason a similarly situated broadcaster wouldn't do the same with Limbaugh.

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 04:24 PM
what do you think about the story?

Sure seems to be quite a bit of specific "smoke" detailed for there not to be fire...I won't believe it without further independent confirmation but if it turns out that OKC WAS another Holder sting gone bad it's going to be hard for him to dig his way out...

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Affirmative action was necessary due to people not having the common decency to NOT be racist. Geez you all like to whine.
Affirmative action was an unconstitutional control on thought.

No one has the right to be employed by a private company. Those of you who love Ron Paul should ask him how he feels about Affirmative Action and government-controlled racial preferences.

Why would you want to be employed by a racist who hated you because of the color of your skin? That seems bizarre to me. For instance, I would never even dream of applying for a position in the Rev. Wright's church or Al Sharpton's organization.

The truth is, affirmative action became necessary because certain races were disproportionately unable to meet the qualifications for certain jobs. A narrative was built that it was due to the racism in their public education that they didn't know the same things as other and did so poorly on tests. As time goes by this narrative is less applicable...and so, now they're claiming deterioration of the family due to oppression. When that doesn't pass the test, they'll think of something else.

JoeChalupa
12-19-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't listen so, you're going to have to give me an example.

But, even if he did, to what effect?

And, quite frankly, I doubt what you're saying is true or he wouldn't be broadcast on as many stations as he is. If Imus can be yanked off the air for his racially charged statement, I can think of no reason a similarly situated broadcaster wouldn't do the same with Limbaugh.

Oh, it is true but since his remarks keep listeners listening and making money..that is all that matters. IMUS was not on Rush's network if I'm not mistaken.

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I catch Rush occasionally on the radio in my truck and he's hilarious. He intentionally tweaks liberals all the time but I have never heard him make a racist statement...and if you are going to throw out the "magic negro" label, although attributed to Rush, it came from the Los Angeles Times, a generally liberal newspaper.

DMX7
12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
On the other hand, I can't recall the last time I walked into a privately-owned businesses that refused to serve someone because of their race. I don't think I've ever seen a "Whites Only" sign (except in the context of an historical exhibit) in my life.

That's thanks largely to Title II of the Civil Rights Act.

... And the fact that you probably live in San Antonio, and most "businesses" would not survive long without hispanics.

Wild Cobra
12-19-2011, 04:43 PM
People are pissed off at Holder for being fucking incompetent and a liar, not because he is black.
Like I said in another thread, if you look for racism, you can find it. It doesn't need to exist, but you can always find it.

Wild Cobra
12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Sure seems to be quite a bit of specific "smoke" detailed for there not to be fire...I won't believe it without further independent confirmation but if it turns out that OKC WAS another Holder sting gone bad it's going to be hard for him to dig his way out...

No shit. Give him the death penalty too, if it really happened as alleged.

JoeChalupa
12-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Like I said in another thread, if you look for racism, you can find it. It doesn't need to exist, but you can always find it.

You can also be blind to it as well by saying it doesn't exist.

Wild Cobra
12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
You can also be blind to it as well by saying it doesn't exist.
I don't think anyone says that. There are still some Neanderthals out there. I am only saying that people are too sensitive, and shouldn't be looking for it where it isn't intended.

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Oh, it is true but since his remarks keep listeners listening and making money..that is all that matters. IMUS was not on Rush's network if I'm not mistaken.
Sorry, not just taking your word for it, Joe.

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 05:00 PM
That's thanks largely to Title II of the Civil Rights Act.
That's largely due to the entire Act removing government's ability to engage in racism and protect racists from the natural consequences of their racism.

... And the fact that you probably live in San Antonio, and most "businesses" would not survive long without hispanics.
I've never lived in San Antonio but doubt any (not even most) "businesses" would survive if they engaged in such practices today -- unless, of course, they're racism were protected by the government.

DMX7
12-19-2011, 05:05 PM
...and protect racists from the natural consequences of their racism.

Oh, I see... So those signs would have never existed because the racists would be victims of the "consequences" of their own racism. People would not be receptive to such overt racism; and therefore they would deny those businesses their business and those businesses would go out of business.

That's a great theory except those racists in the 1960's (and before) were not victims of the consequences of their racism - which is exactly why they could survive as overt racists in the first place.

I have no doubt you would NOT see those signs here in San Antonio with or without CRA of 1964, but I also have no doubt you WOULD see those signs in Alabama or Mississippi without CRA of 1964.

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh, I see... So those signs would have never existed because the racists would be victims of the "consequences" of their own racism. People would not be receptive to such overt racism; and therefore they would deny those businesses their business and those businesses would go out of business.
Those signs existed because government allowed it, condoned it, and participated in racial discrimination.

That's a great theory except those racists in the 1960's (and before) were not victims of the consequences of their racism - which is exactly why they could survive as overt racists in the first place.
Because they were protected by the law.

I have no doubt you would NOT see those signs here in San Antonio with or without CRA of 1964, but I also have no doubt you WOULD see those signs in Alabama or Mississippi without CRA of 1964.
I simply disagree.

DMX7
12-19-2011, 05:31 PM
How are you distinguishing between government protecting racism in private practice and government "leaving racism alone"?

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 05:40 PM
How are you distinguishing between government protecting racism in private practice and government "leaving racism alone"?
When government practiced racism itself, it also gave license to individuals to do the same.

And, with the force of government behind them, racists felt comfortable exhibiting their despicable hatred.

Believe it or not, the vast majority of Americans, prior to 1964, weren't racist. But, in the face of a government that was, that majority was diluted with people too chicken to stand up for minorities that were being abused.

Once government was removed for the equation, that silent majority set about rectifying the situation. "Whites Only" signs weren't made illegal by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 but, they started disappearing after it was passed, nonetheless.

Jacob1983
12-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Aren't Holder's comments somewhat inaccurate since Obama is bi-racial?

Yonivore
12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Aren't Holder's comments somewhat inaccurate since Obama is bi-racial?
No, it's mostly because they're not true.

spursncowboys
12-19-2011, 05:52 PM

So does Mike Epps but both do it in hyperbole. that is not racism, but comedy.

DarrinS
12-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Desperation card

DMX7
12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
When government practiced racism itself, it also gave license to individuals to do the same.

And, with the force of government behind them, racists felt comfortable exhibiting their despicable hatred.

Believe it or not, the vast majority of Americans, prior to 1964, weren't racist. But, in the face of a government that was, that majority was diluted with people too chicken to stand up for minorities that were being abused.

Nothing I’ve said has implied that the vast majority of Americans were racist prior to 1964. The racism was obviously greatest in the south, and I wouldn’t agree with you that the vast majority of people living in segregated southern towns were actually closet civil rights activists that just wanted to stand up for minorities that were being abused but couldn’t .

Once government was removed for the equation, that silent majority set about rectifying the situation. "Whites Only" signs weren't made illegal by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 but, they started disappearing after it was passed, nonetheless.

Actually, Title II did in-effect make those signs illegal for many businesses. Title II - through the use of legal force - changed the culture of overt racism is private practices (e.g., “Whites Only” signs) in the South, not the "silent majority". Just ask the owner of this place:

http://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/tdgh-jul/Heart%20of%20Atlanta%20Motel.jpg

CosmicCowboy
12-19-2011, 07:47 PM

holy SHIT!

Talk about a sign of the times...to hell with racism...when was the last time you saw a ten meter platform at a HOTEL POOL?

Lawyers and insurance companies banned those in the sixties too...

Winehole23
12-20-2011, 04:14 AM
that and the fucking examiner. wtfbbq!

CosmicCowboy
12-20-2011, 10:18 AM
daily caller :sleep

that and the fucking examiner. wtfbbq!

Uhh guys...original quote was in the New York Times...they just quoted the quote and it was attributed in the short article...

Here's the original source...says the same thing...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/18/us/politics/under-partisan-fire-eric-holder-soldiers-on.html?pagewanted=all

Viva Las Espuelas
12-20-2011, 10:43 AM
"Headwinds"

Joe. You're the perfect follower. GO BLUE!!!

DMX7
12-21-2011, 12:56 AM

holy SHIT!

Talk about a sign of the times...to hell with racism...when was the last time you saw a ten meter platform at a HOTEL POOL?

Lawyers and insurance companies banned those in the sixties too...

It looked like a cool place tbh, too bad about its history.

Winehole23
12-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Uhh guys...original quote was in the New York Times...they just quoted the quote and it was attributed in the short article...

Here's the original source...says the same thing...the examiner is still a piece of crap

Winehole23
12-21-2011, 09:51 AM
and so is the daily caller

CosmicCowboy
12-21-2011, 10:36 AM
It was just a link I hit from another site...trust me...I'm not going to the Daily Caller and Examiner every day to get my only news...

Winehole23
12-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I wasn't complaining about you, or even about this story. believe it or not that was a simple rip on the DC and the Examiner.