PDA

View Full Version : Dwight to Nets Back On?

VBM
12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Trade Imminent? (http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-radio-host-predicts-dwight-howard-to-nets-tuesday/2011/12/19/)

According to Lakers play by play announcer John Ireland it appears the New Jersey Nets are going to land Dwight Howard as soon as tomorrow.

More on the link

VBM
12-19-2011, 08:50 PM
And by LA I mean the Nets...fail

TimmehC
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
The news here in LA said it was LA, for Pau and Bynum. But :lol if they still miss out on him.

VBM
12-19-2011, 09:01 PM
With McRoberts and Murphy in the fold, LA might be crazy enough to pull the trigger. Either way, I can't see Orlando dealing with the PR issue of Dwight getting booed all season. They've gotta move him.

pass1st
12-19-2011, 09:05 PM
If we do Bynum + Gasol for D12 then we are spending this season just rebuilding probably.

Spurtacus
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Rotoworld report

Los Angeles radio host John Ireland said on the air Monday that a reliable source of his says the Nets will execute a trade for Dwight Howard on Tuesday.

Ireland points out that his source correctly reported the LeBron James and Chris Bosh to Miami deal last year, and for what it's worth Ireland is well-connected within the Lakers scene and thus is within arm's distance of the trade action. This could mean that Brook Lopez is heading out, but then again we'll need to see where all of this goes.

DMC
12-19-2011, 10:07 PM
So basically the game of Orlando is moving to New Jersey?

D Will is a great PG, but other than he and Howard, what do they have? What am I missing here? DWill aint Kobe and Howard and Shaq. AJ certainly aint PJ.

Giuseppe
12-19-2011, 10:19 PM
It won't be the end of the Gasol saga. Just the end of the beginning.

Nathan89
12-19-2011, 10:21 PM

D Will is a great PG, but other than he and Howard, what do they have? What am I missing here? DWill aint Kobe and Howard and Shaq. AJ certainly aint PJ.

Kobe and Howard wouldn't win shit this year and it would be difficult to make any significant additions until Kobe's contract is done. The Nets will potentially be more flexible to make more additions.

Giuseppe
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
The Nets will potentially be more flexible to make more additions.

First thing they'll need to add is a low post threat. Cuz, daddy-O, Howard ain't got a clue, 7 years in.

TIMMYtoZO
12-19-2011, 10:40 PM
:lmao@ the Lakers. What a dumbass front office. No cp3. Then they dealt Odom for nothing. Now Howard will be a Net. Lakers are fucked for now and for the long haul. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Giuseppe
12-19-2011, 10:42 PM
:lmao@ the Lakers. What a dumbass front office. No cp3. Then they dealt Odom for nothing. Now Howard will be a Net. Lakers are fucked for now and for the long haul. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You got no room. You're one of 29, just like us.

TIMMYtoZO
12-19-2011, 10:44 PM
You got no room. You're one of 29, just like us.
Actually, all the top teams outside of Miami have gotten dramatically weaker. The championship is Miami's to lose this year. No one is taking them down now especially after a year together and a chip on their shoulder.

Giuseppe
12-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Actually, all the top teams outside of Miami have gotten dramatically weaker. The championship is Miami's to lose this year. No one is taking them down now especially after a year together and a chip on their shoulder.

I wouldn't grudge it.

James is a kind soul.

12-19-2011, 10:54 PM
good move by the magic. only a championship would convince howard to stay and the magic would have to be delusional to think they could win it all this year. might as well get some value from howard while they still can.

VBM
12-19-2011, 11:08 PM

I should know that D'Antoni is built to fail, but I think the Knicks make some noise this year

jjktkk
12-19-2011, 11:22 PM

Very similar to the Heat's big 3 of last year, if this trade does happen. The Nets will be DWill, Howard and a bunch of no names. But Given the Net's owner's deep pockets, I'm sure he will be making other moves in the next couple of years.