PDA

View Full Version : Sad Day in Spurs History

SequSpur
06-16-2005, 11:40 PM
I am not going to sit here and make a bunch of bullshit dumb ass excuses.

I just watched the shittiest fucking bullshittest display of basketball that could've possibly have been played in any fucking game not including the Clippers or Hawks.

I want some fucking answers and they don't come from Detroit either.

:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

slayermin
06-16-2005, 11:41 PM
SPURS IN SIX!

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 11:43 PM
I want some fucking answers
It's the same old stuff, Sequ.

Turnovers, outhustled, missed shots, turnovers, turnovers, lack of on court leadership...

What else?

SequSpur
06-16-2005, 11:46 PM
I agree, but wtf? How about a fucking dunk or something? How about a nice hard fucking foul?

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 11:48 PM
How about a fucking dunk or something? How about a nice hard fucking foul?
It's just not their style.

Won't happen. Duncan will continue to remain silent, and no one else will lay anyone out.

Pistons < Spurs
06-16-2005, 11:50 PM

I just watched the shittiest fucking bullshittest display of basketball that could've possibly have been played in any fucking game not including the Clippers or Hawks.

Do you know how much this sounds like a Rasheed quote??

I feel for ya guys.....we felt the same way after game 2.

NCaliSpurs
06-16-2005, 11:50 PM
4-0.

:lol

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:51 PM

this is the first post ever I agree w/u man. I got nothing else to say.

SequSpur
06-16-2005, 11:51 PM
Stfu.

ALVAREZ6
06-16-2005, 11:53 PM
I just watched the shittiest fucking bullshittest display of basketball that ... not including the Clippers or Hawks.
:lol :lol :lol
That just made my day.....well, maybe.

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 11:54 PM
I don't have all the answers, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs lose this series.

I think it goes 7, but Detroit has Game 7 experience--these Spurs do not.

Prepare for the worst.

nkdlunch
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Stfu.

OK if u say so your highness

:flipoff

SequSpur
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Right now, I am not interested in shit, but fucking answers to the same ol bullshit. Where in the fuck were the Spurs in Game 3 and Game 4?

Detroit kicked their asses and they shoulda been fired the fuck up and came out with limp dicks again.

GoSpurs21
06-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Sequ is right unless Duncan and the rest of the Spurs shed the sofffttttt (Brian Cox) label that will be the main reason the Spurs will not get a 3rd championship

come on Spurs man up and step up to the physically of the game
and for christ sake run the fucking ball down detroits throat

ALVAREZ6
06-16-2005, 11:57 PM
I don't have all the answers, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs lose this series.

Prepare for the worst.
Me neither.

I had no idea that we would lose 2 straight games after watching games 1 and 2. No idea at all.

Now, it's a whole different story, and the team that won 2 straight the latest has the most confidence.

Game 5 will decide the series.

Will the Spurs choke, or will they realize what they have in front of them and go get it?

HB22inSA
06-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Just like Phil did last year, Larry Brown has "figured out" what the Spurs are doing.

And Pop won't change anything drastically---except maybe bring Manu off the bench again?

hmmm....

Chris
06-17-2005, 12:05 AM
Larry Brown after game 2 said something to the effect of ""we aren't getting into the passing lanes"". He's figured out our weakness and is capitolizing. I'm sure Pop will be up all night figuring out some adjustments of his own.

SequSpur
06-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Detroit is camping out in the fucking lane, and daring us to shoot jumpers and for some fucking reason we keep on and on and on and on and on driving the ball right into the strength of the fucking defense.

Post up some 3 point shooters, and watch some 99 Jaren Jackson and 03 Steve Kerr tapes.

WTF? Is Pop fucking blind or what?

G-Nob
06-17-2005, 12:09 AM
I want to know what happened to OUR defensive intensity. That should be where our success starts. No forced t/o's? I'm not worred about the offensive side. Giving up 102 in a playoff game is unexcusable.

SequSpur
06-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Our lack of offensive execution, led to frustration and the shrinkage factor from the cold blood of the Pistons.

Budkin
06-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Segu, I totally agree with you on drawing the defense and kicking out for threes. In those few years the Lakers were constantly slaughtering us in the playoffs, that was a huge part of their arsenal. We have the shooters now to be able to pull that off and we are not taking advantage. Drive the lane... if it is not there kick it out... come on guys!

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 12:37 AM
I'm sure Pop will be up all night figuring out some adjustments of his own.

Because in any of our previous four offensive playoff collapses we've seen that happen.

P_p's one weakness as a coach is that he has his stupid system offensively that he doesn't change for anything.

Hell, Big Dog didn't even get off the bench tonight when we needed offense. What did we bring him in for? Meanwhile Brent Barry got 15 minutes to dick things up, welcome to the Gregg P_p_bitch system.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 12:38 AM
wtf aggie? in game 3 it was that pop didnt play barry and let him shoot, now it's that he did.

PistonFreak
06-17-2005, 12:40 AM

Prepare for the worst.

Smart man,,,,hold this thought.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 12:41 AM
And for someone that hangs on my every post like you, how you have missed that I have always said when it comes to our offense that you go with the hot hand.

In game 3 it was Barry, tonight he was fumbling away turnovers and shooting bricks. Give someone else a shot.

NCaliSpurs
06-17-2005, 01:05 AM
The Spurs offense was in peak 2001'ish form.

Go to the post. Force a shot. Look at the refs in awe when Rasheed/Chauncy/Ben/Lindsey slaps your arm and starts a fast break. Hang your head in the 4th.

If we could actually complete a pass without it being stolen, thanks to the great "physical" play on our passers, maybe we could think about swinging the ball, running some motion, and perhaps, scoring.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 02:02 AM
Can we come back from this??

http://www.bartcop.com/condi-beat-up.jpg

T Park
06-17-2005, 02:18 AM
In game 3 it was Barry, tonight he was fumbling away turnovers and shooting bricks. Give someone else a shot.

????

I thought giving up on a guy after a few minutes, was NOT the right thing to do.....

Thats what I heard back in December against Orlando.

tekdragon
06-17-2005, 11:57 AM
I don't usually jump in "venting" threads...i'm more of an article and analysis reader...

...but I had to come in and say, Sequ:

That was excellent use of the word "bullshittest".

SWC Bonfire
06-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Three pointers aren't the answer. There were three guys camped out past the 3pt line last night. Jumpshooting teams never win in the playoffs.

The problem is that the Spurs aren't moving without the ball, and what they have done has been ineffective. They need to start setting screens on top of screens on top of screens to get open closer to the basket for a high-percentage shot. Period. It can be done. Detroit has been confused by a lot of movement. And not just the guards - Nazr & Timmy staying put doesn't help any & they're going to have to move around a lot more.

The spurs aren't going to run on Detroit, but they can damn sure make Detroit runs all over the court. Detroit is doing that, we aren't. We have fast guys, let's frickin' use 'em.

No spur has hit the court going after a loose ball, either. Brent Barry, Robert Horry - these balls belong to you. Go get 'em.

Dex
06-17-2005, 12:10 PM
At least you didn't pull a Tpark.

dn0
06-17-2005, 12:17 PM

So you wonder what p_p needs to tell the players after game 4 ?
He needs to go into the spurs locker room and yell this sequ quote several times to them.

HULKAROCK
06-17-2005, 12:20 PM
SPURS IN SIX!

Here's your answer. Over confidence.

slayermin
06-17-2005, 12:43 PM
Here's your answer. Over confidence.

The series is going exactly as I called it before the Finals started. I felt it was going to be a close competitive series. I am surprised at the blowouts but I just knew this was going to be deadlocked after four.

Game Five is huge and these Spurs have plenty of game five experience. It may take a perfect game from SA to win on Sunday. But then again, I think Detroit shot their wad last night. The Spurs may just have to play good to stay competitive. If the game is close, I like our chances. If the Pistons blow us out again, then that will probably be the saddest day in Spurs history.

Overall, I think the pressure is on Detroit on Sunday. If they don't win, all that happened the last two games will be a distant memory as they take their flight down to SA to an SBC Center that will be electric for a title. The Palace has it's Championship Aura but so does the SBC Center.

beirmeistr
06-17-2005, 01:28 PM
I have always found some faults in Rasho's game in the past, but after Nazr's recent play, I think Rasho would be a better defensive player and get 7 or 8 rebounds. I think Rasho should play serious minutes next game. Nazr has that not-ready-for-prime-time look. And maybe the Spurs could run some offense through rasho if Tim is attracting all the bigs' attention.

dn0
06-17-2005, 02:30 PM
Rasho is a stiff, period.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Right now, I am not interested in shit, but fucking answers to the same ol bullshit. Where in the fuck were the Spurs in Game 3 and Game 4?

Detroit kicked their asses and they shoulda been fired the fuck up and came out with limp dicks again.

:lol :lol :lol

Seriously, and I know its tired by now, but the Pistons started both games with energy, played physically and had a great crowd behind them. I got the feeling that from about five minutes into the game on, the Spurs started forcing bad passes and missing some easy shots. Pretty damn ugly.