PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to duncan228

RodNIc91
12-20-2011, 02:14 AM
Has anyone heard of her???

Obstructed_View
12-20-2011, 02:17 AM
One or two of the more useless people were being fucktards to her because she got voted a Spurstalk all star and they didn't, then some other people decided to pile on. She probably still reads, but decided that nobody here was worth putting in all that work for anymore.

jjktkk
12-20-2011, 02:21 AM
One or two of the more useless people were being fucktards to her because she got voted a Spurstalk all star and they didn't, then some other people decided to pile on. She probably still reads, but decided that nobody here was worth putting in all that work for anymore.

Wow! That sucks! Always appreciated her posting Spurs related material.

Nathan89
12-20-2011, 02:36 AM

Well Fuck that shit!!!:madrun

I want her to know her work is greatly appreciated. She post so many articles for us to read. I want her to return.

ChuckD
12-20-2011, 08:12 AM
She was an article poster. Since content providers are cracking down on that, not sure what her purpose here would be. She really didn't provide much original content or thought. Copy, paste, link.

Obstructed_View
12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
And right on cue, the useless and the pile-ons show up.

BG_Spurs_Fan
12-20-2011, 08:14 AM
She was an article poster. Since content providers are cracking down on that, not sure what her purpose here would be. She really didn't provide much original content or thought. Copy, paste, link.

LOL if that were the criteria then there would be like 10 or so people posting and I'm being generous.

Bender
12-20-2011, 08:16 AM
I'd like her to come back... I like reading my spurs articles here... even if it's a link that goes to another site.

Doctor J
12-20-2011, 08:17 AM
I do miss you, duncan228.

Come back. Come back please....

ChuckD
12-20-2011, 08:22 AM

I call 'em like I see 'em. She was popular because people here are too lazy to find their own Spurs content. Probably HALF of what she posted were links to just one place, something on the mysa spurs page. The posts in this thread back my assertion. Come back 228, we miss your links. :lol Bookmark that page, and you'll only miss her half as much.

dougp
12-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I call 'em like I see 'em. She was popular because people here are too lazy to find their own Spurs content. Probably HALF of what she posted were links to just one place, something on the mysa spurs page. The posts in this thread back my assertion. Come back 228, we miss your links. :lol Bookmark that page, and you'll only miss her half as much.

She posted other things too. Just because she didn't take the time to post on every single subject doesn't make her less of a contributing member than, say, someone like you who chooses to be an ass to someone who contributes to the community vs. the trolls and people who express nothing beneficial. And she posted articles from a lot of different sites, so it was nice to have it all in one location.

eric365
12-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Only 1 guy in the whole thread. No one is appreciated by everyone

Obstructed_View
12-20-2011, 08:51 AM
I call 'em like I see 'em.

Yeah, so do I. She was popular, and her post count pissed you guys off so you had to be little twats at every given opportunity.

ChuckD
12-20-2011, 08:57 AM
Yeah, so do I. She was popular, and her post count pissed you guys off so you had to be little twats at every given opportunity.

Post count = quality poster. Got it.

timtonymanu
12-20-2011, 09:04 AM
I could care less about the fact that 95% of her posts are article links. I liked 228 because she was a nice poster and I always looked forward to her excitement with Duncan. Remember when she got an autograph from him at the Clippers game? That was a great story. If her reason for leaving the forum is true, that's unfortunate. Trolls will be trolls. She shouldn't have to feel like she's not wanted here.

SenorSpur
12-20-2011, 11:15 AM
This is forum is special because of the differing personalities and opinions. The fact that we have posters who come from across the globe, makes this one of the most unique and diverse fan forums around.

Personally, I've always enjoyed 228 and her content. If she is indeed reading this, she should know that her contributions are indeed appreciated and that she is missed greatly. I hope she returns soon.

BoricuaCJA
12-20-2011, 11:30 AM
This is forum is special because of the differing personalities and opinions. The fact that we have posters who come from across the globe, makes this one of the most unique and diverse fan forums around.

Personally, I've always enjoyed 228 and her content. If she is indeed reading this, she should know that her contributions are indeed appreciated and that she is missed greatly. I hope she returns soon.
Agreed!

Bruno
12-20-2011, 11:42 AM
duncan228 is a great poster. I just hope she is fine and nothing bad has happened to her.

GSH
12-20-2011, 12:11 PM

I usually expect people to outgrow logic like that in about fifth grade. You can't put words into peoples' mouths and then slam them for it. Nobody said her post count made her a good poster. They said her post count and her popularity pissed you off. Mostly her popularity.

I'll tell you what made her a good poster. She posted things that were worth reading. This is a Spurs forum, and she brought in a tremendous amount of Spurs content. It's obvious enough that you would really have to be trying to miss it.

BTW - it's worth noting that of the three people on this thread who have made negative comments about 228, one claims to be a Knicks fan, and one a Lakers fan.

xellos88330
12-20-2011, 12:24 PM

Odd... You have more posts than me.

So that means that you are a shittier poster than me? Sweet.. I am a bad ass!!!

manufan10
12-20-2011, 12:35 PM
I agree with the majority here: duncan228 was a solid poster. It was great to come here and find Spurs topics all in one place. I appreciated her work of posting them here for all of us.

NASpurs
12-20-2011, 12:51 PM
When you cause this website to get a "cease and desist" letter, you know you're doing something right... or wrong :lol

timvp
12-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Hopefully duncan228 comes back soon. High quality poster :tu