PDA

View Full Version : Remember Seattle!

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Everybody loves to go right back to the LA series last year with respect to the 2-0 to 2-2 thing. People seem to forget that the Spurs did this against Seattle this season and still won the series. Is it going to be easy? Hell no. As good as the Spurs were in games 1 & 2 is how bad they have been in games 3 & 4. You keep handing the ball over to the defending champs and they are going to run it down your throat. Getting beat is bad enough but aiding in the process is inexcusable. Not taking away anything from the Pistons...they have played their asses off these last two games and have deserved and earned these wins but the Spurs have assisted in that as well.

violentkitten
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
fuck it.

the series is tied.

best of 3 with 2 in our house.

whottt
06-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Believe it or not we were 2-2 with the Nets the last time we won the title.

Detroit has already lost more games than they lost in last years final...

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:57 PM
there you go. The Kitten gets it!

whottt
06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Fuck this cheerleading stuff though...the Spurs will either have the heart to win this or else they won't...all the cheerleading in the world on this forum isn't going to change whether or not they are the stuff of champions...

What does the season tell you?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-16-2005, 11:58 PM
The problem with your reasoning is that Detroit is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Seattle.

THE X-FACTOR
06-16-2005, 11:59 PM
The Detroit Pistons are not the Seattle Sonics, Detroit is on a whole higher level.

samikeyp
06-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Fuck this cheerleading stuff though...the Spurs will either have the heart to win this or else they won't...all the cheerleading in the world on this forum isn't going to change whether or not they are the stuff of champions...

I agree but its better than the "woe is us, we are doomed" bullshit.

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 12:00 AM
Even though the series was tied up with Seattle, we all knew we would still win.

Detroit is a whole different story.

samikeyp
Yes Detroit is better....my point is don't give up.

goliath
Problem is we showed up in NJ in '03. Won one in their building.

Problem is we had the last shot to win in Seattle in Game 3.

We've got our asses handed to us these last 2 games in Det

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 12:01 AM
oh good another piston fan who only shows up after his team wins.

ballhog
06-17-2005, 12:02 AM
Pistons played last two games like they were "must-win" games. Spurs played like they might waltz right to the trophy if they played the game at all. Guess what, it isn't that shocking. Get real, it ain't a series 'til somebody loses on home court. Still got one more chance.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Even though the series was tied up with Seattle, we all knew we would still win.

Detroit is a whole different story.

how could you say we knew we'd win against seattle

you never know whats goign to happen...its the finals so its going to be harder its to be expected

LilMissSPURfect
06-17-2005, 12:15 AM
we'll win!

Amuseddaysleeper
06-17-2005, 01:07 AM
forget the seattle series, even when it was 2-2 we got to go back home, while in the detroit series we still have to play another game in detroit!

mavsfan1000
06-17-2005, 01:43 AM
There is no correlation between SAS and Seattle to SAS to LAL. This is a whole new series and there is no predictability to this series from looking at the others.

ducks
06-17-2005, 08:04 AM
spurs will win for father's day

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:08 AM
The point is, still, to never give up, regardless of opponent.

HULKAROCK
06-17-2005, 08:22 AM
oh good another piston fan who only shows up after his team wins.
The words of frustration... Meow....

spur219
06-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Yes but Detroit is not Seattle. Detroit is a much better experienced team. I don't know if the Spurs have it in them but I sure hope they do.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:27 AM
The point is, still, to never give up, regardless of opponent.

nice to know people still aren't listening.

The Spurs were getting beat up in games 3 and 4 in that series and we had a lot of the same "woe is me, its over" crap.

I am not comparing Seattle to Detroit....Detroit is wayyyyy better. The fact is that they blew a 2-0 lead. When they went back to playing Spurs basketball they won two more. Its not going to be easy, like Ginofan said, its the Finals...its not supposed to be easy. If the Spurs play like they are capable, they are unbeatable. They got rattled early in Game 3 and went into one of their trademark funks. Then in Game 4, the same thing happened and they did the whole "here we go again" and gave up. When the Spurs take care of the ball, play smart and don't look to the refs to bail them out, they are the best team in the league. Game 5 is going to be hostile and nasty. The Pistons smell blood in the water and like the champs they are, they have been taking advantage of it. The Pistons have been aggressive and never looked back. The Spurs need to match that aggression and not panic or give up when things get bad. Stay patient, make good decisions and play Spurs basketball and they can come home up 3-2. Continue to play tentative and hesitant....they will get their asses handed to them again.

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 08:29 AM
I hear ya Mike, BUT, not only is Detroit better than Seattle, but the Spurs got plowed in Game 4 and play Game 5 in Detroit.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 08:37 AM
agreed...that is why I added to my response.

Ishta
06-17-2005, 08:39 AM
The Spurs will win in 6.

BELIEVE THAT!

mart0k13
06-17-2005, 09:52 PM
One...Detroit is no Seattle. Even with the two players Seattle lost, the Spurs would have beaten them.

Two...The Spurs have to play a crucial game 5 in DETROIT! Game #5 of the Sonics series was in SA!!!

Three...The Spurs have to answer a 31 point @$$-f***in'. I mean...at the end the Pistons were just poking the dead body with a stick!!!

Four...Pop said it best - the bench has not performed. In the Suns series, the bench is what kept it going for the Spurs. No bench...no victory on Sunday!

The Spurs are done for...let's face it. I don't know if heads should roll after this screw up, but something has to happen. I know the local media is trying their best to keep the fans optimistic, but we have to face reality. When it comes to having to win the big game...San Antonio just doesn't have it. Sorry guys...maybe we can say Spurs Champions in 2006...MAYBE!!!

:depressed :oops :drunk

mavsfan1000
06-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Quote:
The Spurs are done for...let's face it. I don't know if heads should roll after this screw up, but something has to happen. I know the local media is trying their best to keep the fans optimistic, but we have to face reality. When it comes to having to win the big game...San Antonio just doesn't have it. Sorry guys...maybe we can say Spurs Champions in 2006...MAYBE!!!

This is pathetic. Already figuring San Antonio will lose this series. Did you remember Detroit has to win 2 more games and 1 of them will have to be in San Antonio. This series is far from over and I give San Antonio the edge.

CubanMustGo
06-17-2005, 11:56 PM
Spurs win in 7 if they can keep it close in Game 5.

Spurs lose in 6 if they play as poorly as they did in the second half of game 3 and of course all of game 4. Thought I was watching the Clippers in the second half on Thursday. Wait, no, the Clippers weren't that bad.

And yes, of course, Detroit had a lot to do with how bad SA played. But they looked like a bunch of worn-out halfwits during most of game 4. Focus! Believe! Etc....

Sasha
06-18-2005, 02:01 AM
[The Spurs are done for...let's face it. I don't know if heads should roll after this screw up, but something has to happen. I know the local media is trying their best to keep the fans optimistic, but we have to face reality. When it comes to having to win the big game...San Antonio just doesn't have it. Sorry guys...maybe we can say Spurs Champions in 2006...MAYBE!!!

:depressed :oops :drunk

Are you serious? You...and TPark... Sad. Really sad. :rolleyes