PDA

View Full Version : Can Nonviolent Civil Disobedience = Terrorism?

Nbadan
12-21-2011, 02:47 AM
consider the Animal Enterprise Terrorism ACT......

FBI Says Activists Who Investigate Factory Farms Can Be Prosecuted as Terrorists

The FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force has kept files on activists who expose animal welfare abuses on factory farms and recommended prosecuting them as terrorists, according to a new document uncovered through the Freedom of Information Act.

This new information comes as the Center for Constitutional Rights has filed a lawsuit challenging the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA) as unconstitutional because its vague wording has had a chilling effect on political activism. This document adds to the evidence demonstrating that the AETA goes far beyond property destruction, as its supporters claim.

The 2003 FBI file details the work of several animal rights activists who used undercover investigation to document repeated animal welfare violations. The FBI special agent who authored the report said they “illegally entered buildings owned by Farm… and videotaped conditions of animals.”

The animal activists caused “economic loss” to businesses, the FBI says. And they also openly rescued several animals from the abusive conditions. This was not done covertly in the style of underground groups like the Animal Liberation Front — it was an act of non-violent civil disobedience and, as the FBI agent notes, the activists distributed press releases and conducted media interviews taking responsibility for their actions.

http://younisd.tumblr.com/post/14526341752/fbi-says-activists-who-investigate-factory-farms-can-be

Hurting a corporations profit is now being considered as terrorism? that's some scary 1984 shit right there....

Wild Cobra
12-21-2011, 03:24 AM
Yes Dan, I heard the liberals pundits on talk radio trying to say that's the next step. When will you stop being a propaganda puppet?

Nbadan
12-21-2011, 03:28 AM
I don't listen to 'pundits'...I study trends...

...I could see groups like Anonymous, the group of hackivists, being thought of as terrorists using the same rational as the AETA uses for animal activists....this isn't left wing noise....this is happening now..

Stringer_Bell
12-21-2011, 03:49 AM
What is so outrageous about holding private citizens accountable when they enter a private company's grounds, under false pretenses or flat-out illegally, in order to "expose" their practices - leading to the companies loss in profits? Do you also want cops to have the authority to search your shit without a warrant and convict you on it?

I've been pushing, for years, to prosecute activists that protest and boycott (aka smear campaign) corporations as terrorists. Corporations = People, and if another private person interferes with their ability to make money or innovate or create jobs...that citizens needs to be held accountable for the loss in profits and expansion. I'm talking multi-million dollar judgments and, hopefully, a minimum 20 year sentence. Liberals have no fucking idea how hard it is to rebrand - the cost of hiring PR firms, changing company names (which includes official company letterhead, omg what a pain), and analyzing focus groups...I mean, sometimes you just gotta do the right thing and put these anti-capitalist activists in jail.

mavs>spurs
12-21-2011, 03:49 AM
Under that new NDAA bill, anyone whom they deem a terrorist is a terrorist and can be held with suspension of their bill of rights I believe.

Nbadan
12-21-2011, 03:56 AM
Under that new NDAA bill, anyone whom they deem a terrorist is a terrorist and can be held with suspension of their bill of rights I believe.

Exactly. Stringer Bell is trolling. Nobody is saying not to hold these activists accountable under current civil and criminal law, but as terrorists? really? They may no longer have the right to know the charges against them or their accusers? They can be detained indefinitely and tortured for hurting a companies reputation by exposing their business practices?

Stringer_Bell
12-21-2011, 03:59 AM

It's about time, enough with the economic terrorism. Box-Cutters and Airplanes may break our buildings, but words and hidden video-cams can destroy a business too.

Wild Cobra
12-21-2011, 04:04 AM
Only if they are not in this country legally.

Protesters in front of abortion clinics were tried under RICO laws. If these cretins can be dealt with under terrorist laws, then so be it.

boutons_deux
12-21-2011, 06:07 AM
It's about time, enough with the economic terrorism. Box-Cutters and Airplanes may break our buildings, but words and hidden video-cams can destroy a business too.

and any business, every business, must never be destroyed, because business is the highest form of human life, that must be worshipped and grovelled to, no matter how much death and destruction a business may cause.

Stringer_Bell
12-21-2011, 07:05 AM
and any business, every business, must never be destroyed, because business is the highest form of human life, that must be worshipped and grovelled to, no matter how much death and destruction a business may cause.

I wouldn't take it that far, but on behalf of the good guys - I like your enthusiasm!

boutons_deux
12-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Worshipping and protection of Corporate-Americans/UCA is one of the most fucked aspects of America.

Right-wingers here were defending dubya and dickhead and telco companies for vacuuming up just about all Human-Americans' communications with "if you have nothing to hide, then (unConstitutionable unreasonable and search seizure) then don't worry.

But if Human-Americans want to know what Corporate-Americans are doing with their food, lands, air, water, they are criminalized as terrorists. Why should C-As be so secretive "if they have nothing to hide"?

Wild Cobra
12-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Boutons. You don't know shit about corporation. Like any person or entity, some are good, some are not. They are a combination of people in the form of major stockholders. They are in the business of making money.

Corporations are not worshiped. They are simply an entity owned by thousands or millions of people.

TDMVPDPOY
12-21-2011, 09:51 AM
does this apply to credit rating agencys? lmao....double standards