12-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Spurs beat OKC in the WCF.

:wtf

Trill Clinton
12-21-2011, 11:07 AM
skip done lost his damn mind.

JiggaWhat99
12-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey Pop, Unleash Tiago and Kawhi from Day 1. Make it happen.

ElNono
12-21-2011, 11:32 AM
So, we're screwed?

lefty
12-21-2011, 11:38 AM
http://static.tumblr.com/oufb1rq/V83llxw0a/gum-bored.gif

SpursRock20
02-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I'm just going to bump this thread because Bayless, one of the very few Spurs supporters on ESPN, continues to talk about the Spurs' decent chances to do well in the playoffs. It's clear that he is tired of the never-ending talk of L.A., Chicago, N.Y., and Boston and makes sure to bring up the Spurs from time to time and says to not sleep on him. I've got to give some props to him. I'm not so sure they are going to win the west, but at least he is not biased like many other "analysts" and spreads some love to the other teams that are making some noise.

Dr Cox
02-10-2012, 01:20 PM
cannot stand that man

Dex
02-10-2012, 02:17 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/oufb1rq/V83llxw0a/gum-bored.gif

:lol

*whistles and catcalls*

jjktkk
02-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Not too far fetched imo.

Dex
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Really though, IF both the Spurs and Thunder manage to make it to the WCF (and thats a big if), I would not be surprised to see the Spurs pull through. The Thunder's record looks good right now, but their game against the Kings exposed some weaknesses that some (like Chuck) had already identified.

1) They have no low post scorer. They have plenty of defenders around the rim, but none of them are consistent scorers. Ibaka and Perkins both score off garbage buckets, and Collison only looks impressive when going up against Bonner.

2) Their three best players are all jump shooters. Durant, Westbrook, and Harden do 80% of their damage off the jumper. They would be hard-pressed to maintain a hot hand through a seven game series against the Spurs, especially since they would've had to do so through two rounds just to make it to the WCF.

3) They have no go-to guy. Granted, this is a stretch, because they kind of have three go-to guys, but all three want to be THE man. Durant obviously is the smart choice, but try telling that to Westbrook who seems to like to try to take over in the clutch.

4) They turn the ball over. OKC is currently ranked 30th and turns the ball over more than any other team at 16.96 per game. Spurs are 2nd, and only turn the ball over 13.59 per game. Spurs also have a much better turnover differential at -0.04 (15th), while the Thunder are once again near the bottom at +2.77 (29th)

5) Spurs have the shooters to neutralize Thunders rim presence. This one is kind of hard to count on, as the old adage goes: live by the three, die by the three (and in the playoffs, dying seems the more likely scenario). Still, the Spurs are currently ranked 7th in 3pt % and are almost always in the top 10. Since they don't have to count on getting all their baskets at the rim, they should be able to keep up with the Thunder, even with Perkins and Iblocka trolling the paint.

BanditHiro
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Not too far fetched imo.

not anymore considering they are the team to beat and they don't have a dominant front court, and their back court has been show to have a player who is more than willing to take ill advised shots that will cost his team. this even more likely to happen when the opposing team has a player playing a similar position is clowning on him on the offensive end.

Rummpd
02-10-2012, 05:17 PM
If so Spurs just beating a team they should beat assuming Pop plays the right players and the games are called fairly.

bigfan
02-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I predict Skippy Bayliss will get caught in a highway reststop mensroom peeping under doors.

letmk
02-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Skip is a Spurs/TD homer, and I love him for that. But most of his speaking is about wish/feeling, not thinking.

Basically, assume Spurs has 20% chance to go to the Finals (Even God don't know about this, just saying), once Skip sees a slim chance of Spurs getting back on top, he would promote the Spurs like more than 50% chance.

Wild Cobra Kai
02-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I was reading an article about OKC and their defense has been slipping for two years. We haven't had major problems with them over that period, so beating them wouldn't be all that outrageous. I just think we match up with them.

baseline bum
02-10-2012, 07:42 PM
Skip Bayless also thinks Tebow is the most underrated QB in the NFL. It wouldn't shock me to see the Spurs steal a series from OKC, but it would to see them win 3 series in the playoffs.

Obstructed_View
02-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Healthy and playing well, anything can happen. If Timmy gets motivated by personal slights, facing the coaching staff that kept him out of the all star game for the first time can't hurt.

siraulo23
02-10-2012, 11:32 PM
tbh it seem like this guy always predict the spurs to win it all every year

I Heart Ginobili
02-11-2012, 12:50 AM
tbh it seem like this guy always predict the spurs to win it all every year

I think he picks the spurs just to be controversial, not because he actually thinks they will do well.

DJ Mbenga
02-11-2012, 02:47 AM
all he said was the west is wide open

100%duncan
02-11-2012, 03:40 AM
No way, refs gonna carry okc in the clutch

TDMVPDPOY
02-11-2012, 03:52 AM
when pop plays the players whose meant to play, then we could win any series....

just like at the 08 series, and last years series had pop played his rookies that played well during the regular season then he doesnt play them at all in the playoffs....