PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Power Ranked

sananspursfan21
12-21-2011, 12:16 PM
above the Lakers, Celtics, Clippers, and Grizzlies lol

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/powerrankings/12/21/preseason/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Russ
12-21-2011, 12:37 PM

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/powerrankings/12/21/preseason/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

The Grizzlies will be lucky to make the playoffs even in the weak West. (Cue the laughter which will cease about a month from now.)

sananspursfan21
12-21-2011, 12:38 PM
i think last year was a fluke for the griz

TimmehC
12-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Grizz may struggle without their backup bigs.

gospursgojas
12-21-2011, 12:43 PM
Spurs are gonna be better than a lot of spurs fans think.

elemento
12-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Memphis had a Cinderela run, just like the Warriors a few years ago. They have no backups for Z-Bo and Gasol and Battier is in Miami now.

7th/8th seed in the West and 1st round exit. BOOK IT

sananspursfan21
12-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Spurs are gonna be better than a lot of spurs fans think.

^^^ think so too......even though i posted this semi-pessimistic thread

Fireball
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Spurs will start strong ... Power Rankings are not a season preview ... I am fine with the ranking.

Killakobe81
12-21-2011, 01:07 PM

Shouldn't they be? they won the Wst almost easily ...Lakers didnt make it close until the very end.

I also think the Spurs will be a top 4 team ... doesnt mean they won't lose in the first round again. But they still have:

1. duncan
2. Future HOF coach
3. a better STARTING backcourt than pretty much every other western Contender
4. Good HCA along with being a solid road team
5. Some of the best 3pt shooting in the NBA

Spurs will be good their record last year was not a fluke. I do think they will have HCA in the 1st round at least ...

sananspursfan21
12-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Shouldn't they be? they won the Wst almost easily ...Lakers didnt make it close until the very end.

I also think the Spurs will be a top 4 team ... doesnt mean they won't lose in the first round again. But they still have:

1. duncan
2. Future HOF coach

Spurs will be good their record last year was not a fluke. I do think they will have HCA in the 1st round at least ...

breath of fresh air my friend

Morg1411
12-21-2011, 03:47 PM

1. duncan
2. Future HOF coach

:tu This. At last, a voice of reason.

jag
12-21-2011, 04:50 PM

1. duncan
2. Future HOF coach

The only reason it's difficult to dump on the Spurs right now is because no one in the West actually stands out as a legit championship contender. The Spurs frontcourt is disturbing.

FkLA
12-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Spurs fan is bipolar. Seems like after last years disappointing playoffs the Spurs have suddenly turned into a fringe playoff team to most. As soon as this team starts tacking on the wins once the season gets going the tune will change towards this season being a Drive for Five. The reality is somewhere in between imo, a Top 3 seed with a 2nd round/WCF ceiling.

JR3
12-21-2011, 05:34 PM
I agree I think the spurs will be better than most fans think. The sour taste is still in a lot of our mouths from the playoffs. Tough to remember how awesome our team was prior to the playoffs. Ginobili again not 100% in the playoffs. Hope to see him do well in a short season.

lefty
12-21-2011, 06:36 PM

1. duncan
2. Future HOF coach

1. Tim is an old shit bag now
2. a HOF doesnt play Bonner that much; Pop is overrated
3. When Manu is not injured
4. HCA meant shit vs an 8th seed
5. Unfortunately, regular season 3pt doesnt matter; where was Bonner's accuracy in the playoffs?

So yeah, we are fucked

pawe
12-21-2011, 07:08 PM
If Gary Neal was already cold blooded last year, imagine him having 1 more year of tutelage under Manu and Pop.
Manu, TP and Neal will carry the team this year.

The_Worlds_finest
12-22-2011, 01:27 AM
at least someone in the media has the balls to call the Spurs who they are.

TDMVPDPOY
12-22-2011, 03:04 AM
spurs>9000?

mexicanjunior
12-22-2011, 11:11 AM
1. Tim is an old shit bag now
2. a HOF doesnt play Bonner that much; Pop is overrated
3. When Manu is not injured
4. HCA meant shit vs an 8th seed
5. Unfortunately, regular season 3pt doesnt matter; where was Bonner's accuracy in the playoffs?

So yeah, we are fucked

This...although Tim will still be effective and looks to be in really good shape. The other points are on the money though plus, we gave up our best backup combo guard for a project SF that will probably see limited minutes.

z0sa
12-22-2011, 11:24 AM
We had a great regular season last year. I see the same type of season unfolding again.

Be it fool's gold or not.