PDA

View Full Version : Former NFL Players Blame League for Injuries

manufan10
12-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Jamal Lewis, Dorsey Levens and two other former NFL players say in a federal lawsuit that brain injuries have left them struggling with medical problems years after their playing days ended.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/12/22/former-nfl-players-blame-league-for-brain-injuries-in-federal-lawsuit/#content#ixzz1hHLPqMWy

I don't know about this. Players know about the risks they are taking every time they step out onto the field. It sounds like they're just out to make more money off of the league.

lefty
12-22-2011, 10:58 AM
I feel bad for every athlete who must deal with post-concussion symptoms

It's really really frustrating

But at the same time, as OP says, they knew the risks and are looking to make more $$$$

rascal
12-22-2011, 11:43 AM
The problem is players are lauching themselves head first when tackling more than ever before.
There is less and less arm tackling anymore.

There needs to be some rule changes regarding launching head first and knocking on players instead of tackling.

pawe
12-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I dont think they will ever get the "launching with their heads first" tackle out of the NFL anymore. It's like swinging an elbow after a rebound battle to free yourself in basketball.

It's like a motion that players can't sometimes avoid because the nature of the sport is to bring down your opponent and the human reaction to that is do all means necessary specially if there is a coach barking at your ear all week long to be more ferocious.