PDA

View Full Version : Michael Pietrus

will_spurs
12-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Waived today by Suns after an earlier trade with Toronto (for a 2nd round draft pick) was rescinded because of bad knee (that would take a few weeks to heal).

Was bound to make $5.3 million this year, so will probably go through waivers without being picked, and will probably get a much lower salary than that. He apparently plans to pick a team with a playoff team.

Would have been great last year, unfortunately the Spurs already traded for a SF. Still a decent defender (above average), he could probably help more than some of the stiffs on the Spurs bench, and that includes RJ.

timvp
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Might have made sense if the Spurs amnestied RJ and he was signed for the minimum. But if you sign him now, that'd pretty much guarantee that JA and Kawhi would get no minutes this year. So, no, I would be against signing him even for the minimum.

That said, for some unknown reason Pietrus has been a favorite on ST over the years so I'm sure there will be those wanting to sign him up. Truth is that his basketball IQ is so low that it negates all his physical attributes. He looks like he should be good but if you watch him for any length of time you realize he pretty much sucks.

SenorSpur
12-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Could Toronto possibly be interested in RJ now?

lmbebo
12-22-2011, 07:59 PM
sounds like he's bound for the celtics

elemento
12-22-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, he will play for the Celtics

MI21
12-22-2011, 08:32 PM
If you like horrible long 2 point shots, Pietrus is your man!

roycrikside
12-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Might have made sense if the Spurs amnestied RJ and he was signed for the minimum. But if you sign him now, that'd pretty much guarantee that JA and Kawhi would get no minutes this year. So, no, I would be against signing him even for the minimum.

That said, for some unknown reason Pietrus has been a favorite on ST over the years so I'm sure there will be those wanting to sign him up. Truth is that his basketball IQ is so low that it negates all his physical attributes. He looks like he should be good but if you watch him for any length of time you realize he pretty much sucks.

I'm totally with you on this. I've seen that guy play quite a bit living in the bay area and he's dumber than a box of hammers. I'd say I absolutely don't want him, but then again I think RJ is the biggest pussy in the NBA and Kahwi isn't ready to contribute and may never be any good so...

Mel_13
12-22-2011, 08:37 PM
Mickael Pietrus, recently released by the Phoenix Suns, is leaning "heavily" towards signing with the Boston Celtics, according to a league source.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/post/Pietrus-leaning-heavily-towards-signing-?blockID=617716&feedID=10424

lefty
12-22-2011, 09:25 PM
ROFL Spurs

Shitty franchise

DMC
12-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Never watched his entire game, but if the Suns don't want him, how shitty is his defense?

lefty
12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Never watched his entire game, but if the Suns don't want him, how shitty is his defense?

Suns have never been into defensive players :lol

DMC
12-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Suns have never been into defensive players :lol
Exactly. Low defensive standards.

Buddy Holly
12-22-2011, 10:56 PM
His knee is still jacked. Do not want.

will_spurs
12-23-2011, 03:30 AM
sounds like he's bound for the celtics

I guess the Celtics are getting desperate for a bit of depth after Jeff Green's injury. The FO could probably have used the French connection to lure Pietrus but this ship has sailed.

angelbelow
12-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Hes terrible, pass.

purist
12-23-2011, 04:07 PM
ROFL Spurs

Shitty franchise

another genius:sleep