PDA

View Full Version : Markieff vs. Marcus

Xylus
12-23-2011, 03:25 AM
Marcus dropped 20 points on the Spurs in 22 minutes last night, and tonight, Markieff laid down 12 points, 7 rebounds, and 3 blocks in 16 minutes of play vs. the Nuggets.

Questions:

Are the Morris brothers legit?
Will Markieff usurp the starting role from Channing Frye before season's end?
Will Marcus end up being the better player, or will they set different paths for themselves on the way to respectable careers?

Xylus
12-23-2011, 03:27 AM
Markieff was dropping NBA-range long-bombs tonight. Dude needs to start next to Marcin Gortat. I love Channing Frye, he's a Wildcat my friends, but I wouldn't mind bringing Frye off the bench and letting Morris and Gortat bang with the big boys.

noob cake
12-23-2011, 08:29 AM
I know the Rockets won the lotto when Suns picked the Markieff. History has shown that Suns always drafts the worse of the twin.

Marcus Morris is a beast, looks like a poor man's Melo right now.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Lance dumb n!gger Blanks literally said he had no idea why he drafted MarQueef over Marcus. Marcus has been the better player their entire careers.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Asked about the choice of Markieff over his twin brother Marcus, Blanks was a bit unclear in his response, "I think the draft's a funny thing. You never know why teams do what they do...As to why Markieff over Marcus, who knows."

Pistons < Spurs
12-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Being a Kansas fan, I've watched both of them for years. And while Marcus has always been the better player, I always said the Markieff's game would translate better at the next level. He's more physical and capable inside with a clear and defined position where Marcus is gonna be a bit of a tweener. They're both legit. But I think long term, Keef will be the guy we're talking about.

kobyz
12-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Markieff is a hybrid of Kurt Thomas and Robert Horry , Marcus is an Al Harrington with a little Jamal Mashburn in him.

Mori Chu
12-23-2011, 01:29 PM
As a Suns fan I am excited about Markieff Morris. But I wish the guy would stop trying to shoot NBA 3s. We just don't need that from him, and there's no way he will hit them well enough to justify taking them. He needs to focus on other aspects of his game, like mid-range shooting. This reminds me of that shiet where Amare said he was working on 3-pointers one offseason. Really, Amare? Like we'll need that from you?

Jeremy
12-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Will Markieff usurp the starting role from Channing Frye before season's end?

As long as Gentry is coach, it'll never happen.

Pistons < Spurs
12-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Markieff! 7pts 9rbs 2asts 2blks 2stls 1to in his first game

Frye's days as the starter are coming to an end

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-26-2011, 11:50 PM
Sarver and Gentry are both in love with Frye (they both have no idea and are oblivious to how many fans hate him), he's not losing the starting job anything soon.

Jeremy
12-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Yeah, I said the same thing, but I've gotta at least give credit to Gentry for benching Frye after his terrible shooting, and sticking with the guys who were getting it done down the stretch (Morris and Lopez).

Too bad Markieff made the rookie mistake at the end, though, and didn't just shoot it himself once the play broke down. He just might've hit the game winner in his debut, too! I knew Gentry would design that play for Nash instead of getting it to Lopez (who was on fire with a game-high 21 points) for an easy score down low.

DaDakota
12-27-2011, 12:43 PM
So far I am unimpressed with Marcus, he has been touted as a SF here in Houston, but he looks too slow laterally to really play there.

Still way early, but 14th picks are 14th picks for a reason...I expect him to get some Dleague time when Patrick Patterson is back.

Time will tell but if we get a decent rotational player out of him it would be a win.

DD

noob cake
12-27-2011, 01:06 PM
So far I am unimpressed with Marcus, he has been touted as a SF here in Houston, but he looks too slow laterally to really play there.

Still way early, but 14th picks are 14th picks for a reason...I expect him to get some Dleague time when Patrick Patterson is back.

Time will tell but if we get a decent rotational player out of him it would be a win.

DD

Legendary post. Any DD non-endorsement is a strong indicator of success. Remember Lowry?

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Oh, yeah, once he gets the hang twixt the diff between the college 3 point line & the NBA one he'll be set for life.:rolleyes

Xylus
01-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Markieff is averaging 9.4 ppg and 5.4 rpg in 20 mpg. Not too bad for the "worse" brother.

pauls931
01-02-2012, 08:22 PM
The Suns won 2 games? Holy crap!

NASpurs
01-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Hey guys, cool avatars.

Kai
01-03-2012, 02:46 AM
Marcus was sent to the D-League today. We've sent all of our young guys there over the years (Brooks, Landry, Patterson).