PDA

View Full Version : Who is your Sheed?

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2005, 12:09 AM
I know many ppl don't like Sheed and his emotional antics. But....he is at many times our vocal leader. He get's loud and makes the rest of the team back up his ramblings. He has been huge for us if for nothing else than that reason alone.

I wonder though who that vocal guy for the Spurs is? Is it Duncan who is undoubtedly the leader of the team? He just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. He seems like more of a "lead by example" player. Is it Horry? He has that "been there done that" quality to bring to the other guys. I figure it has to be one of them to bring this team together.

Who would you all expect to be the one? Will Pop actually talk to the players now? Or will he say "these guys know what they have to do".

Just wondering on your take on it.

SequSpur
06-17-2005, 12:12 AM
I like Sheed. Alway have...

But right now, I hope he blows his ACL.

Late.

violentkitten
we dont have one.

thank God.

Kori Ellis
No one.

That's the problem in games like tonight. When the Spurs were fluctuating 12-15 points down in the 3rd, it was time to rally the troops. But there's no rally leader. It's been this way for a while now. I understand the whole rah rah team concept. But there's a time when the leader needs to get in some faces and light a fire under people. It doesn't happen here and it sucks ass.

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 12:13 AM
We have no leaders.

We're all neutral.

Chris
Horry can get very vocal.

Vashner
I can smell weed just be looking at sheed.

whottt
It's Manu.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:14 AM
HELLO, of course 'SHeed was behaving, you won by 30+ points. Wait till you start losing in the 4th we'll see the real 'Sheed then.

goliath
06-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Thats why we miss Mario Elie (99 title) and S Jax ('03 title).

Like them or hate them, they were the rah-rah guys we dont have this year.

I thought Manu was turning into the emotional leader of this team but i guess not

violentkitten
sheed didnt help much in games 1 and 2. homecourt helped detroit in games 3 and 4

Tobias
The closest we have is Manu, but we really need someone to rally us up when we get a basket and are in striking distance to get and keep that momentum

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 12:17 AM
I want to see Timmy get like he did in Denver when he fouled out. He has the ability...he needs to show it.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2005, 12:23 AM
I kinda expect to see Horry say something. I can also imagine Manu getting loud. Wouldn't it be great though to see D-Rob come have a chat w/ the boys? I really think you may have to have some retired Spur alum to light a fire under their asses.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
In that case...it needs to be Mario Elie!

goliath
06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
I kinda expect to see Horry say something. I can also imagine Manu getting loud. Wouldn't it be great though to see D-Rob come have a chat w/ the boys? I really think you may have to have some retired Spur alum to light a fire under their asses.

If we need to get retired Spurs to motivate us we're in some deep, deep trouble.

How bout we get someone to stand up in the locker room and say "Hey guys you do know were 2 games from being NBA champs?"

If that cant motivate them, to hell with them

whottt
06-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Manu is the emotional leader of this team and you guys will see it next game.

You want a good bet?

Bet every last vbuck you have on Manu having his best game of the series in game 5.

The guy has energy issues and he hasn't been able to summon his usual energy these past two games...my guess is because he expended so much energy in the first 2...

They'll have to scrape Manu off the court after game 5 and win or lose...there won't be any doubt on who the emotional leader of this team is after that game.

I want you guys to remember game 6 VS LA last year...yes we lost...but if anyone remembers Manu was in the paint fighting Shaq toe to toe for every last rebound...

dbreiden83080
The Spurs are in their 2nd finals in 3 years a non-vocal leader is not the problem it is just poor execution. Duncan has always been a lead by example guy and his resume in 8 seasons is sparkling with this team. Look at the Yankees in their run from 1996-2000, Derek Jeter was their leader and he is just like Duncan never gets mad or in anyone's face just goes out and leads by example out there. It worked for them and it has worked for us in the Duncan era it is 2-2 we have to just keep the faith.

Solid D
Bruce can be vocal. Can be.

Brutalis
Since when do all teams need a abusive loudass who never shuts up?

Vashner
06-17-2005, 12:28 AM
The rim was rigged....

Also I think they should not eat ANY more food from Detroit.. MRE's or something.

I think they put MSG in there food to make spurs sleepy and lethargic.

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2005, 12:29 AM
Look at the Yankees in their run from 1996-2000, Derek Jeter was their leader and he is just like Duncan never gets mad or in anyone's face just goes out and leads by example out there.

Thats a very good comparisn

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 12:30 AM
If we need to get retired Spurs to motivate us we're in some deep, deep trouble.

How bout we get someone to stand up in the locker room and say "Hey guys you do know were 2 games from being NBA champs?"

If that cant motivate them, to hell with them

Good points. All the motivation they should need is that big gold trophy.

manubili
06-17-2005, 12:34 AM
I agree with Whott
It won't get worse than this. It's all the way up from now on.
Spurs in 6!
believe!