PDA

View Full Version : Heat won't be watching the Mavs raise the banner.

Mav-elous Man
12-23-2011, 08:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4682394/heat-wont-watch-as-mavs-raise-banner

Heat won't watch as Mavs raise banner

December, 23, 2011Dec 23
2:27
PM CT

By Jeff Caplan

DALLAS -- Rick Carlisle is planning to keep his team's emotions in check Sunday afternoon as the championship banner is raised to the rafters before the season opener against LeBron James (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1966/lebron-james), Dwyane Wade (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1987/dwyane-wade) and the rest of the Miami Heat (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mia/miami-heat), who, by the way, will remain in the visitors' locker room for the entirety of the festivities.

Still, Dirk Nowitzki (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/609/dirk-nowitzki) knows it will be an emotional ceremony.

"I always said that the banner raising is probably one of the best days of my life -- working for something for so long and being there with my teammates and the coaches and, obviously, the fans there, it’s going to be something special," Nowitzki said after Friday's practice. "But also, we don’t want to get too emotional over this thing. We got an important game to play against probably the heavy favorites for this year. So we got our work cut out."

Carlisle said he's already begun talking to the team about keeping the day in perspective.

"We have an understanding the way teams are going to come after us this year. Every single team is going to be lining us up as their opportunity to be champions for that night, so you've got to have an incredibly sharp edge as a group," Carlisle said. "It’s pretty well documented that on nights when teams celebrate championships from the year before you can have letdowns. We’re talking about it and we’re gearing ourselves for the fact that we can’t allow that to happen."

Jason Terry (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/841/jason-terry), perhaps to no surprise, says don't worry. There won't be any letdown, at least not from him.

"For me, it’s not emotional," Terry said. "It’s emotional for our fans and for the city, yes, because they haven’t seen us since obviously the parade. But, for us we’re ready to get the season started. I'm ready to play some basketball and get after it. The banner, that’s fun, but again, its all about coming out here and putting together a good performance in Game 1."

As for the Heat not watching the banner-raising ceremony, Terry said if he was on the losing end of the Finals and playing in the champs' house to start the season, he wouldn't want to see it either. Dirk, as might be expected, pondered the significance of watching another team put the finishing touches on a championship won at your expense.

"Maybe, I don’t know. Maybe it’s extra motivation," Nowitzki said. "But they looked really good in the first two [preseason] games and I think they’re going to be the heavy favorite having played a whole season together already and even more hungry than last year losing in the finals, so I think they’re going to be the team to beat this year.

"I don’t know what I would do. Maybe I would watch it as motivation, but either way that is not really about the Miami Heat. It is about us and our fans and what we did last year. But then we have to forget about that and play a good game."

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 08:49 PM
That's some bitchmade shit right there. Ace, get your ass in here and :downspin: this shit! :lmao

Mav-elous Man
12-23-2011, 08:50 PM
That's some bitchmade shit right there. Ace, get your ass in here and :downspin: this shit! :lmao

:lol

benefactor
12-23-2011, 08:53 PM
:cryNBA should just give us one because we the dream team:cry

Giuseppe
12-23-2011, 08:54 PM
I thought Riley walked tall.

DMC
12-23-2011, 08:55 PM
They'll watch. I would insist on it, if I was Spo, out of respect for the team that beat us.

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 08:56 PM
They'll watch. I would insist on it, if I was Spo, out of respect for the team that beat us.

He doesn't have the stones

m>s
12-23-2011, 09:02 PM
a prolonged offseason still too short to cure the butthurt imho

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 09:04 PM
I wish Lincoln was still here to shit talk them when we beat their ass :cry

No Tyson. No Lincoln. No Caron. Me thinks Dallas in trouble. :downspin:

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I wish Lincoln was still here to shit talk them when we beat their ass :cry

Lincoln 1, LeBron 0 <--- :lmao

dirk4mvp
12-23-2011, 09:08 PM

Butler was such an integral part in the Mavs title run.

DMC
12-23-2011, 09:08 PM
A league who's franchises continually disrespect each other eventually undermines it's own credibility. The teams have to acknowledge the winner, it's the rule of the jungle. That chickenshit back turning is for cowards.

Red Hawk #21
12-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Pussy ass team. Fuck Miami.

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Butler was such an integral part in the Mavs title run.

So you are saying the Mavs are better without him? Got it. :downspin:

Mav-elous Man
12-23-2011, 09:15 PM
:lol I knew once I posted this there was going to be so much Heat hate conjured up. Man I can't wait til the game tips off on Christmas!!!

dirk4mvp
12-23-2011, 09:23 PM
So you are saying the Mavs are better without him? Got it. :downspin:

I'm saying you're retarded, which is pretty common knowledge.

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm saying you're retarded, which is pretty common knowledge.

ELE bet: the Mavs won't repeat as champs. I repeat, Mavs won't repeat. If they do, I'll leave ST forever. If they don't, you leave. Deal? :toast

m>s
12-23-2011, 09:26 PM
the hooligans need to grow up imho, if they can't accept loss they ain't never winning anything.

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 09:31 PM
the hooligans need to grow up imho, if they can't accept loss they ain't never winning anything.

Giuseppe
12-23-2011, 09:54 PM
ELE bet: the Mavs won't repeat as champs. I repeat, Mavs won't repeat. If they do, I'll leave ST forever. If they don't, you leave. Deal? :toast

Crawl, dirk4, crawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 09:57 PM

Me thinks he knows I'm right. :lol

:toast

Giuseppe
12-23-2011, 09:59 PM
Me thinks he knows I'm right. :lol

LkrFan
12-23-2011, 10:07 PM
You don't think, that's why you don't seem to understand common knowledge...

Says the fag with the manly avatar. Who's troll are you anyway? :downspin:

dirk4mvp
12-23-2011, 10:46 PM
:lol generic post-gasol laker fan thinks him being full blown retarded somehow makes him able to throw out ele bets

dirk4mvp
12-23-2011, 10:47 PM

Nope, not you usep. Especially after mono had ya belly dragging on the floor, with nary a hand to help you up. Everybody on ST has had their turn sending you to the tree.

mavsfan1000
12-24-2011, 12:29 AM
lol Heat

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 01:47 AM
:lol generic post-gasol laker fan thinks him being full blown retarded somehow makes him able to throw out ele bets

Post Gasol.:lol

Killakobe81
12-24-2011, 03:02 AM
If I am the Heat ...I would watch ...then turn around and kick their ass by 20. It won't change what happened last June but you send a message that THIS year they aint fudgin around.

Im with Dirk, that shit would be motivating ...

Bill_Brasky
12-24-2011, 03:08 AM
Who from the Heat organization said specifically that they were gonna stay in the locker room? Doesn't say in the article.

Jodelo
12-24-2011, 07:59 AM

No Paul, no Howard, Odom left for nothing, Fisher still on your team, Bynum still has his own knees and you still worry more about Dallas than the Lakers?

dbestpro
12-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Heat continue show of "no class". Why would they suddenly change? Definitely, don't need the high school kids watching this one.

DMC
12-24-2011, 12:10 PM
If I am the Heat ...I would watch ...then turn around and kick their ass by 20. It won't change what happened last June but you send a message that THIS year they aint fudgin around.

Im with Dirk, that shit would be motivating ...
Or you send the message that this year, the Mavs traded their strength away so they could acquire a serious FA next year and have longevity.

DMC
12-24-2011, 12:11 PM
No Paul, no Howard, Odom left for nothing, Fisher still on your team, Bynum still has his own knees and you still worry more about Dallas than the Lakers?
Every Laker fan knows Pau Gasol can take that team to the playoffs. It's whether or not Kobe allows it that's the question.

Giuseppe
12-24-2011, 12:12 PM
"Or you send the message that this year, the Mavs traded their strength away so they could acquire a serious FA next year and have longevity."

^Now you're plagiarizing me. And on Xmas eve no less.

DeadlyDynasty
12-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Who from the Heat organization said specifically that they were gonna stay in the locker room? Doesn't say in the article.

The Heat are just trolling, per the usual :lol

Giuseppe
12-24-2011, 12:14 PM
Every Laker fan knows Pau Gasol can take that team to the playoffs. It's whether or not Kobe allows it that's the question.

Once he got to Kobe. Afore that he'd never won a single playoff game.

Mav-elous Man
12-24-2011, 12:43 PM
"Or you send the message that this year, the Mavs traded their strength away so they could acquire a serious FA next year and have longevity."

^Now you're plagiarizing me. And on Xmas eve no less.

Giuseppe thinks he comes up with everything before everybody else. :nope

DMC
12-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Once he got to Kobe. Afore that he'd never won a single playoff game.
Excuses are for pussies & assholes

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 01:48 PM
What you think about this Ace? I see you lurking. :downspin:

DMC
12-24-2011, 02:23 PM
I've instructed him to face the reality that he's a seasoned plagiarist and to seek help. He's responded with plagiarized material.

You can polish a turd, it's still a turd.

(cue "bend over, I'll polish your fuckin' turd)

Giuseppe
12-24-2011, 02:33 PM

No. Just what I've invented I'm holding onto.

Leetonidas
12-24-2011, 02:51 PM
What kind of faggot uses the phrase "me thinks," especially multiple times in a thread? :lmao

Ace
12-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Fuck class...

Ace
12-24-2011, 02:59 PM
What you think about this Ace? I see you lurking. :downspin:

Already gave my opinion you were just to stupid to figure it out, imo...

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 03:31 PM
What kind of faggot uses the phrase "me thinks," especially multiple times in a thread? :lmao

Sup Ms Cleeotonidas? :downspin:

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 03:32 PM
Fuck class...

Bron won't shake hands after getting his ass handed to him in the playoffs. Now this? :lol

SpursDynasty
12-24-2011, 04:01 PM
The Heat are a sore loser team who expected the league to hand them a title. At least Dwayne earned his championship in 2006. LeBron is getting dangerously close to that point in his career where he needs to win a championship before it's too late.

Tim Duncan had 3 championships after his first 8 seasons and later got a 4th.
Kobe had 3 championships after his first 8 seasons and got 2 more later.
Shaq had only 1 championship after his first 8 seasons but went on to get 3 more.
Jordan had 2 championships after his first 8 seasons and got 6 more.
LeBron has 0 championships after his first 8 seasons.

Will LeBron miss out on being with the all-time greats in championships won?

He may regret tanking that last playoff run in Cleveland.

Ace
12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Bron won't shake hands after getting his ass handed to him in the playoffs. Now this? :lol

Does it make your pussy hurt that much?..

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Does it make your pussy hurt that much?..

You must be talking bout Mrs STD-Wade (http://www.totalprosports.com/2009/01/17/dwyane-wades-wife-says-he-gave-her-stds/) :lol

:downspin:

Ace
12-24-2011, 05:29 PM
You must be talking bout Mrs STD-Wade (http://www.totalprosports.com/2009/01/17/dwyane-wades-wife-says-he-gave-her-stds/) :lol

No, definitely about you. Crying like a sensitive ass female because the Heat won't watch... :cry :cry :cry

Bill_Brasky
12-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Again, who form the Heat organization came out and said "we won't be watching them raise the banner"?

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 06:25 PM
No, definitely about you. Crying like a sensitive ass female because the Heat won't watch... :cry :cry :cry

You know HIV can lie dormant for a number of years. I wonder if Wade has been tested. If he got an STD, HIV can't be ruled out. I'm just saying. :downspin:

Ace
12-24-2011, 06:56 PM
You know HIV can lie dormant for a number of years. I wonder if Wade has been tested. If he got an STD, HIV can't be ruled out. I'm just saying. :downspin:

Who cares? Seriously that was your response?..

Ace
12-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Again, who form the Heat organization came out and said "we won't be watching them raise the banner"?

No one as far as I know. Haven't seen this anywhere else...

midnightpulp
12-24-2011, 07:02 PM

Magic definitely knows. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
12-24-2011, 07:06 PM
freaking out over raising a banner l:loll

Giuseppe
12-24-2011, 07:09 PM
You know HIV can lie dormant for a number of years. I wonder if Wade has been tested. If he got an STD, HIV can't be ruled out. I'm just saying.

And many times herpes is a portal by which HIV enters the body.

mavs>spurs
12-24-2011, 08:48 PM
not watching the banner raising is for pussies and assholes.

Obstructed_View
12-24-2011, 09:17 PM
There's a reason that Nowitzki's a champion and Lebron probably never will be. I'm sure the Heat will come out really motivated and play with fire for that first game. That fire won't last of course.

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Who cares? Seriously that was your response?..

HarlemHeat, you should care. :downspin:

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 10:25 PM
And many times herpes is a portal by which HIV enters the body.

QFT. This is nothing to play around with. Ace is dismissing STD-Wade's promiscuous ways, but I'm not. :lol

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Magic definitely knows. :lol

Sup midgiot?

Ace
12-24-2011, 10:45 PM
QFT. This is nothing to play around with. Ace is dismissing STD-Wade's promiscuous ways, but I'm not. :lol

Women like you care about TMZ gossip. I only care what what's on the court. Being that I'm a basketball fan not gossip. Wouldn't expect a homosexual like yourself to understand...

LkrFan
12-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Women like you care about TMZ gossip. I only care what what's on the court. Being that I'm a basketball fan not gossip. Wouldn't expect a homosexual like yourself to understand...

DoK - if you are still logged on, ^ is exhibit A. :lol