PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy but...

InTheCrust
12-23-2011, 10:54 PM
I'm feelin' like a million bucks over this Spurs team. Of course, the expectations aren't fo-fo-fo :lobt2: high, but I think spurfan will be pleasantly surprised this season, regardless of Bonner and RJ.

:flag::flag::flag:

Co-sign if you're ready for some fucking San Antonio Basketball.

Spursfan092120
12-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Co-muthafuckin-signed

Steve-O-Matic
12-23-2011, 11:06 PM
You're crazy.

The_Worlds_finest
12-23-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm feelin' like a million bucks over this Spurs team. Of course, the expectations aren't fo-fo-fo :lobt2: high, but I think spurfan will be pleasantly surprised this season, regardless of Bonner and RJ.

Co-sign if you're ready for some fucking San Antonio Basketball.

I like
starters; Parker, neal, Anderson, blair, duncan
2nd unit tj, manu, rj, bonner, splitter.

SenorSpur
12-23-2011, 11:17 PM
Someone has apparently forgotten all about the epic failure that was the Memphis playoff series.

InTheCrust
12-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Someone has apparently forgotten all about the epic failure that was the Memphis playoff series.

son you best believe the bitter spring of '11 burns crisply in my mind. i will never forget. but i'd much rather prefer dulling those pains with a new season than continuously salt those wounds.

The_Worlds_finest
12-23-2011, 11:26 PM

Spurs will field a different team. No dyess, no hill, add more neal, anderson, ford, and god willing a more effective rj and bonner. GO SPURS GO!!!

lefty
12-23-2011, 11:30 PM
Lol

We suck

SenorSpur
12-23-2011, 11:46 PM
Spurs will field a different team. No dyess, no hill, add more neal, anderson, ford, and god willing a more effective rj and bonner. GO SPURS GO!!!

And what, pray tell, makes you believe the frontcourt production and defense will be even slightly better than the 2010 version that Memphis virtually anihilated?

DMC
12-23-2011, 11:48 PM
We are probably right about where we were last year. The tell is going to be how they run the scheme. If it's the high scoring fest from last year, regular season will be fun, but it's curtains after that. Playoff teams will be tanking left and right to try to get us in the 1st round.

Obstructed_View
12-23-2011, 11:52 PM
And what, pray tell, makes you believe the frontcourt production and defense will be even slightly better than the 2010 version that Memphis virtually anihilated?

Just call him crazy and get it over with.

The_Worlds_finest
12-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Bball is a formula, not a one size fits all. If you cant see this team is better than last year, barring injury, please do not watch. :toast

lefty
12-24-2011, 03:51 AM
Bball is a formula, not a one size fits all. If you cant see this team is better than last year, barring injury, please do not watch. :toast
Then most of us won't watch

SenorSpur
12-24-2011, 03:54 AM

The optimism that a new season provides is often masked by the stark reality that comes with the challenges and realities of a long season. Formula and corporate knowledge are one thing. Talent level is clearly another. And those intangible assets do not begin to make up for a lack of talent on any roster.

The backcourt upgrades notwithstanding, if you cannot see that this frontline, which was clearly the weakest link in the playoffs, isn't any better than last year, then you are certainly welcomed to your delusional opinion. :toast

Dex
12-24-2011, 04:42 AM
Much like the last few years, I don't think that this year's Spurs have a realistic chance of winning the title.

And that doesn't temper my excitement to see them get back on the court one bit. Can't wait for Monday.

S-I-G-N-E-to tha motha'-fuckin'-D.

will_spurs
12-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Then most of us won't watch

I thought you had already stopped watching years ago, or at least that's what the quality of your comments suggests :lol

The Spurs definitely sucked in the playoffs last year, but they also got the worst possible opponent. For years the Spurs had some other team's number (like Phoenix or Denver) but that doesn't necessarily mean these teams sucked.

It's a whole new season, and with the shortened training camp and overall preparation (including physical) I like the Spurs chances because of stability (let's say that's the silver lining of a disappointing off-season). It can take time for teams to incorporate new talent, and time is definitely what no team is going to get this season.

Obstructed_View
12-24-2011, 06:10 AM
The optimism that a new season provides is often masked by the stark reality that comes with the challenges and realities of a long season. Formula and corporate knowledge are one thing. Talent level is clearly another. And those intangible assets do not begin to make up for a lack of talent on any roster.

The backcourt upgrades notwithstanding, if you cannot see that this frontline, which was clearly the weakest link in the playoffs, isn't any better than last year, then you are certainly welcomed to your delusional opinion. :toast

Just to play devil's advocate, let's look at that weak link in the playoffs just to see what wasn't there: Blair lost his job and drowned his sorrows in Taco Cabana and wasn't a factor. Splitter was never put into the rotation and was suddenly thrown into game 3 with no preparation. Until he was playing on pure adrenaline as the Spurs faced elimination, Dice was horrible. Take out Dice and put in a prepared Splitter and an in-shape Blair and suddenly the Spurs are much better than they were against Memphis. Yes, Bonner still sucks but with Blair and Splitter taking up Dice's minutes, there's some coming from Bonner as well, which means an automatic improvement in the front line.

I'm not saying the Spurs should stand pat and figure they're fine. Far from it, but the reality is that the front line has every logical chance to be better than they were simply because they're likely to actually play guys that just sat on the bench last season.

justinandimcool
12-24-2011, 06:20 AM
lol why do the haters even watch Spurs games?

mingus
12-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Just to play devil's advocate, let's look at that weak link in the playoffs just to see what wasn't there: Blair lost his job and drowned his sorrows in Taco Cabana and wasn't a factor. Splitter was never put into the rotation and was suddenly thrown into game 3 with no preparation. Until he was playing on pure adrenaline as the Spurs faced elimination, Dice was horrible. Take out Dice and put in a prepared Splitter and an in-shape Blair and suddenly the Spurs are much better than they were against Memphis. Yes, Bonner still sucks but with Blair and Splitter taking up Dice's minutes, there's some coming from Bonner as well, which means an automatic improvement in the front line.

I'm not saying the Spurs should stand pat and figure they're fine. Far from it, but the reality is that the front line has every logical chance to be better than they were simply because they're likely to actually play guys that just sat on the bench last season.

the good thing about the shortened season is Blair has less time to get fat. we may be entering the playoffs with a less fat Blair this year.

i actually expect the frontcourt to be better simply because there will be more Splitter in it. Dice wasnt much of a factor last year so not too worried about him not being here anymore.

i have a feeling it will be deja vu all over again with Blair and Bonner fucking shit up though. i hope they made an ankle bracelet for Blair that goes off when he eats Taco Cabana. fml

Obstructed_View
12-24-2011, 06:42 AM
the good thing about the shortened season is Blair has less time to get fat. we may be entering the playoffs with a less fat Blair this year.

i actually expect the frontcourt to be better simply because there will be more Splitter in it. Dice wasnt much of a factor last year so not too worried about him not being here anymore.

i have a feeling it will be deja vu all over again with Blair and Bonner fucking shit up though. i hope they made an ankle bracelet for Blair that goes off when he eats Taco Cabana. fml

:lol I definitely understand what you're saying.

If Blair decides to let himself go then it's on him. It was last year as well; I have zero sympathy. That said, there is some contention that he reacted immaturely to unfairly losing his job to Dice, and there's ample evidence that the Spurs were a much better team with Blair starting than they were at any point after he was removed. I'm absolutely not defending Blair for his reaction, but if it was just a one time thing, then the Spurs are better with him for the whole season than they were last year once he had lost his way. Now if it was the beginning of a trend rather than a blip in his development, then he's going to be the black Bonner and the Spurs are probably screwed.

The_Worlds_finest
12-24-2011, 06:59 AM

The weakest link in the playoffs was a Gino with a broken arm, Duncan with a busted ankle, pop teaching Blair some lesson, George hill not making the 2nd unit effective, and of course 8 million dollars of rj. With a realistic approach enlighten me too what you think the spurs should have done?

Giuseppe
12-24-2011, 11:05 AM
With a realistic approach enlighten me too what you think the spurs should have done?

Frankly, it was out of your control.

8 targeted ya's
8 stalked ya's
8 snatched the life right out of ya's

ChuckD
12-24-2011, 11:33 AM
Much like the last few years, I don't think that this year's Spurs have a realistic chance of winning the title.

And that doesn't temper my excitement to see them get back on the court one bit. Can't wait for Monday.

S-I-G-N-E-to tha motha'-fuckin'-D.

This. People bitching about this team will REALLY have something to bitch about in a couple of years. Enjoy the last few playoff runs. They'll be over soon enough.

DMC
12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Frankly, it was out of your control.

8 targeted ya's
8 stalked ya's
8 snatched the life right out of ya's

7 tanked to become 8

So in reality, we lost to a 7 seed.

You still got swept, and there's no way around that.

12-24-2011, 01:39 PM
thanks to the weakened western conference, this is actually the spurs best chance to reach the finals since 2008. i really hope the spurs don't squander it by not developing splitter, JA, and leonard and over play bonner and blair.

E-RockWill
12-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Crazy but(t)

all_heart
12-24-2011, 02:48 PM
The only positives going forward is Leonard and Splitter considering if they get more minutes this year. Problem is IMO those 2 aren't enough. The Spurs aren't going anywhere if are bigs can't defend or rebound. Other than that, it's the same old and we all know how that worked out for us the last 2 yrs. Whatever.. so long as we don't lose to the lakers and they don't make it to the finals...:bang

arodz
12-24-2011, 02:49 PM

I'll have what he's having....:toast

spurs10
12-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I'll have what he's having....:toast
Make it a double! :toast:toast

angelbelow
12-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Nothing wrong with being optimistic and enjoying the season, just as long as we adjust our expectations.

I'm personally looking forward to watching our young guys played. Splitter, James Anderson, Kawai Leonard, Dejuan Blair and Gary Neal are the players I'm going to keep my eye one this season.

Oh, Gee!!
12-24-2011, 07:58 PM
We're the new phoenix suns. Yay!

therealtruth
12-24-2011, 08:52 PM
:lol I definitely understand what you're saying.

If Blair decides to let himself go then it's on him. It was last year as well; I have zero sympathy. That said, there is some contention that he reacted immaturely to unfairly losing his job to Dice, and there's ample evidence that the Spurs were a much better team with Blair starting than they were at any point after he was removed. I'm absolutely not defending Blair for his reaction, but if it was just a one time thing, then the Spurs are better with him for the whole season than they were last year once he had lost his way. Now if it was the beginning of a trend rather than a blip in his development, then he's going to be the black Bonner and the Spurs are probably screwed.

I agree it made no sense to start Dice in a theoretical attempt to improve the defense at the expense of the chemistry and offense. The only way it would have made sense is if he was trying to work Splitter into the rotation. Using Dice strategically of the bench made the most sense and allowed Dice to conserve energy.

mexicanjunior
12-25-2011, 01:05 PM
You are crazy...

easy7
12-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Sup Crazy...

mystargtr34
12-25-2011, 08:20 PM

beachwood
12-25-2011, 09:58 PM
Co-sign. I have a good feeling. Someone outside the big 3 is really going to step up and surprise. The defense will return. I'm overly optimistic.

Calispursfan11
12-26-2011, 11:48 AM
I like this team better than last years, if only for the hopeful reemergence of defense through Splitter and Leonard.

InTheCrust
12-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Hundred million dollars n!gga.