PDA

View Full Version : Respect for Duncan?

Brutalis
06-17-2005, 12:15 AM
The Spurs are sucking.

But Duncan isnt being treated fair in these last 2 games. Game 3 wasnt much to complain about or even mention cause shit like that happens. But watching him most of the game made me feel so sorry for him. How the Wallace kids can run him down but he doesnt get away with the same things. So many things away from the ball I watched tonight made me upset.

Be fair on both sides of the whistle for Duncan is all I want right now. Show some respect..

Boo
06-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Exactly..

True Spurs fans don't bash and hate on players when they have a bad game.

They let it go and hope for a better game later on..

SpursFanDan
Why should they, he wasnt aggressive... he went to his jumpshot. If he would take it to the basket more than twice, maybe he would get the calls.

ALVAREZ6
Nothing knew, refs never seem to help the spurs. Never. It's always the opposing team.

I just don't like the shots Duncan is taking.

violentkitten
06-17-2005, 12:18 AM
you get calls at home that you dont get on the road

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Fuck that. Hell, even in junior high, if you played like a pussy, you didn't get the calls.

Junior high, HS, college, the pros... the aggressor gets the calls.

Deal with it.

Like I said, Tim Duncan needs to break Rasheed's nose with an elbow the first play of the game (not a flagrant, but just lead on a jump shot with the elbow).

Then let the ref know that he's going to take care of himself because they (stripes) aren't.

The game will be called tight, and there won't be any more of the manhandling of Tim in the post.

Brutalis
06-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Why should they, he wasnt aggressive... he went to his jumpshot. If he would take it to the basket more than twice, maybe he would get the calls.
His confidense was shot Dan, why drive the ball over and over when no calls or buckets come from it. He knew what was going on. I did.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 12:23 AM
When Duncan struggles early, he tends to get into a funk and starts looking to be bailed out all the time. He needs to put his head down and say to hell with everyone, I am throwing this down.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
06-17-2005, 12:25 AM
His confidense was shot Dan, why drive the ball over and over when no calls or buckets come from it. He knew what was going on. I did.

Because thats what he gets paid hella dollars to do, fuck the crybaby shit we dont wanna see it. He's gotta be in there trying like a man possesed, and if the ship happens to go down, you better bet I wannna see his ass go down with it.

Tom_Foolery
Well, the Spurs got the benefit of the refs in games 1 & 2. It goes both ways, my friend.

The team that can play through it will win and so far neither team has played through calls going against them.

Pistons will get the benefit of calls from refs in the next home game, so unless the Spurs stop playing like scared little girls, the Spurs may choke like they did last year.

I like Pop, but again his flaw as a coach is mental preparing his team. His team is great at following orders and running plays his way, but when it comes to the mental part of the game like FTs and winning close games or keeping huge leads, Gregg's been as poor of a coach in that department.

Or should I remind you of the great TMac comeback?

nkdlunch
If Duncan want to be called best PF in history, he needs to step up this series. This is for history baby, not just a ring.

Tobias
AHF is totally right. The aggressor gets the calls.

Remember when The Mailman elbowed Robinson unconcious?

Remember who got called for the foul?

Thats right, The Admiral fouled HIM with his limp body as it fell to the ground.

THATS how you fucking get calls, Timmy

Brutalis
06-17-2005, 12:26 AM
He erm, ...tried... there. If anyone watched him 75% of the game instead of the ball, they'd see that.

Anyways, I guess he can try again at least. I feel a cold bitter finals lost if the next try doesnt succeed. Detroit allowed to push, but he cant push back.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Anyways, I guess he can try again at least. I feel a cold bitter finals lost if the next try doesnt succeed. Detroit allowed to push, but he cant push back.

but how will he know if he doesn't try?

SpursFanDan
06-17-2005, 12:28 AM
If anyone knew anything about basketball, you keep pushing... dont stop because you havent gotten the calls, or you keep missing. Stuff your sorrys in a sack, he play like a castrated bitch. Sure hes got the numbers on the boards, but his offensive play is just lacking. I love the guy, hes my favorite spur,... but from time to time he plays like this, and its just dissapointing.

team-work
06-17-2005, 12:29 AM
I didn't lose my love of this team after these 2 losses. And not even after 2 more. I like this team not only because they are winning. I love Duncan's personality as well as his game play.

All I wish is that the Spurs can overcome the adversity in Game 5.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 12:32 AM
he cant push back

I don't think he's ever tried, at least not in this series.

Brutalis
06-17-2005, 12:34 AM
If anyone knew anything about basketball, you keep pushing... dont stop because you havent gotten the calls, or you keep missing. Stuff your sorrys in a sack, he play like a castrated bitch. Sure hes got the numbers on the boards, but his offensive play is just lacking. I love the guy, hes my favorite spur,... but from time to time he plays like this, and its just dissapointing.
It got too late, Pop took him out. Tim tried.

Fuck anyone who thinks Duncan didnt give it up for the team. How many times was he on the ground? Yeah I will not address that issue of "Duncan not playing hard enough? anymore. He had no help down low tonight.

Realize Tim has all the pressure down low when the team isnt doing shit. ALONE. Why didnt Drob win for so many years? That was one reason why. Duncan played his heart out and didnt get calls or breaks from the damn rim or spin from the ball. The fucking end of that.

SpursFanDan
06-17-2005, 12:36 AM
I'll agree with you that timmy is taking all the pressure down low, because rasho and nazr played like a turd. but it didnt help when tim passed the ball out when detroit collapsed and they couldnt hit a wide open jumper/three.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 12:39 AM
Fuck anyone who thinks Duncan didnt give it up for the team. How many times was he on the ground? Yeah I will not address that issue of "Duncan not playing hard enough? anymore. He had no help down low tonight.

No one's saying he's not getting beat on, they're calling him out for not fighting back.

Read.