PDA

View Full Version : Lakers should just trade Gasol/Bynum for Howard

NewcastleKEG
12-25-2011, 06:40 PM
This current roster is going nowhere. You get Howard in the door and he will almost surely resign. As the Clippers or even Knicks have shown....you get 1 young Elite player and people will gravitate towards that player and sign

By next year the Lakers could be a legit title contender again and FOR SURE in 2 seasons. By then Kobe still has a couple seasons left to try and get a ring

I guess I could see that the Lakers are rolling the dice to sign Howard in the off season and deal Gasol and/or Bynum for D.Williams. This is too many eggs in one basket though

HarlemHeat37
12-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Howard < Bynum/Gasol, tbh..

I would still make the trade, though, in hope that they can sign a guy like Deron William..

Howard/Kobe isn't enough to win a title, without a 3rd all-star IMO..

NewcastleKEG
12-25-2011, 06:46 PM

I would still make the trade, though, in hope that they can sign a guy like Deron William..

Agreed

Kobe + Gasol/Bynum (current roster) wins more THIS SEASON than Kobe + Howard but you have much more potential in the off season and going forward with just Kobe/Howard

Bill_Brasky
12-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Howard still looks awkward in the post.

LkrFan
12-25-2011, 06:56 PM

Agreed. Stupid thread.

m>s
12-26-2011, 06:00 AM

Metta World Peace would be the 3rd all-star imho. bynum can be good as fuck but his knee remains a huge cumber to him and may break him down again anytime, pau doesn't want to play for them any more. DH wouldn't have much interest joining them either (rumors said dallas would be his favorite destination if he ever leaves orlando) but he's still worth the gambling, lakers ain't going nowhere with the current squad and they urgently need a stimulus package which DH would be

Giuseppe
12-26-2011, 06:03 AM
^After 7 years Howard has the distinction of still being a project.

Go ahead, m, you take him.

Chop, chop.

wanggi
12-26-2011, 06:56 AM
Stern got ya there cubby.
tee,hee.

mavsfan1000
12-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Actually a good idea. Lakers can lose Howard and he'll sign with Mavs along with D. Williams. Then Kobe has no help. :D

ElNono
12-26-2011, 12:51 PM
IMO, they should trade Gasol/Odom for Chris Paul... oh, wait

tee, hee

TD 21
12-26-2011, 01:06 PM
The Lakers should trade both Bynum and Gasol in the deal, but there needs to be a middle ground. Bynum and Gasol for Howard is too much and just Bynum for Howard is obviously not enough. The Lakers should push for Anderson, with McRoberts going the other way. Or Redick, with Goudelock and a 1st going the other way. Or Orton and a 2nd, with Caracter and a 1st going the other way.

Then the Magic should immediately trade Gasol, looking for a package that nets them three quality young pieces. Add that to Bynum and they'd have four legit building blocks, plus insurance in case Bynum can't hold up, so that they wouldn't trade Howard with potentially nothing to show for it in a few years time.

pass1st
12-26-2011, 01:30 PM
The ball is in LALs court, Nets are out of the running and Bynum looked excellent his last game. They can work out a good deal.

mavsfan1000
12-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Yeah I have a feeling the closer the deadline, the more desperate the Magic will be to get rid of Howard if he keeps acting like he is leaving.

DMC
12-26-2011, 01:48 PM
^ Nuprin

Donkeybong
12-26-2011, 02:09 PM
at this point, i wouldn't even make the trade for bynum straight up. Howard is bickering like a baby. Also, I never knew how much of a dick Howard was in interviews.

DMC
12-26-2011, 02:23 PM
It's just greed gone wild. It's not enough now to make 20 million a year playing a game, they want to also have the spotlight and the accolades of being a winner and will cry incessantly until they get their way. Never mind their own flaws like the inability to hit a free throw or shut their mouths and avoid technical fouls.

After the "Decision" fiasco, it's not going to get any better for awhile.

Giuseppe
12-26-2011, 03:11 PM
^Who exactly is going to hold them accountable? Media used to, but, that ship sailed many moons ago, long before the "Decision." They're in bed with those "mouths" now.

MavFan6488
12-26-2011, 05:11 PM
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8868/ap201112251923697864399.jpg

Spur_Fanatic
12-26-2011, 05:29 PM
I dont think they can trade for D.Will and sign Howard.
I mean, they can trade for someone, sure. But is there enough cap to sign anyone?

Lost track of the Lakers cap situation, so not sure myself, mind you.

Ice009
12-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah I have a feeling the closer the deadline, the more desperate the Magic will be to get rid of Howard if he keeps acting like he is leaving.

They Magic don't have to trade him before the trade deadline if they still get offers that they don't like.

They can still do a sign a trade with the team he wants to sign as a free agent with. If the new CBA is the same then he'd get more money doing it this way, but finding a trade now is the best way to go.