PDA

View Full Version : chances of Dice cooling off

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:43 AM
This dude has been killing us. I beleive he's gonna cool of as the series drags. He can't be that good. :cuss

Amuseddaysleeper
06-17-2005, 12:44 AM
well dice has been open as hell everytime he shoots. tim just kinda walks upto him and then puts his hand up by the time the ball hits the bottom of net. dude's been gettin open 12 footers all night long.

geerussell
06-17-2005, 12:45 AM
McDyess was a 20-10 all star before his knees blew out. He's a shadow of that now but he definitely has the talent to keep up what he's been doing the last couple games. There's nothing a single defender can do to stop him from getting off the fadeaway. If it's falling for him the only real answer is to double and force the ball out of his hands.

nkdlunch
not really, he's made some crazy contested shots. lucky ass SOB. Like Manu he needs to come back to earth.

SpursFanDan
He only plays well on their home court. its been said before. But if we keep giving him open shots, then we dont deserve to win.

ALVAREZ6
06-17-2005, 12:47 AM
He is underrated.

Did you guys see his re-play of that jumper he took??? They showed it like 3 times, where he shot on the baseline?

His jumper looked so nice, so smooth...especially for a PF.

geerussell
06-17-2005, 12:47 AM
He only plays well on their home court. its been said before. But if we keep giving him open shots, then we dont deserve to win.

15 points, 7 rebounds in game 2 at SA. His good play started on the road, it just didn't get much notice in the midst of a blowout.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Truthfully w/out Dice. Spurs would have the trophy already :depressed

Pistons < Spurs
06-17-2005, 12:51 AM
I am soooo glad to see Dice gettin some love. He is underated IMO. That little 12 foot fade-away J is money. Been hittin' it all year. I think he shot a little over 50% in the regular season...and most of those shots were similiar jumpers.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:52 AM
He's like a secret weapon. Spurs need to focus on him. or might as well give up.

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 12:55 AM
not really, he's made some crazy contested shots. lucky ass SOB. Like Manu he needs to come back to earth.

He hit .513 for the regular season.
and roughly .470 for the 22 playoff games so far.

He's hit 20 of 42 against the Spurs for .470 again, so the odds are he'll get better before he gets worse.

I watched 95% of the Pistons games this season and he is that good.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
He hit .513 for the regular season.
and roughly .470 for the 22 playoff games so far.

He's hit 20 of 42 against the Spurs for .470 again, so the odds are he'll get better before he gets worse.

I watched 95% of the Pistons games this season and he is that good.

well he's not unstoppable. we just need to focus on him.

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM

Mcdeyss hit 54% of his shots at home and 49% of his shots on the road for the season for respective avgs. of 9.8 and 9.4.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 01:03 AM
Like I've said ad nauseum, put Glenn Robinson on him

He's just as strong and has no problem beating someone down in the post.

jochhejaam
06-17-2005, 01:04 AM
well he's not unstoppable. we just need to focus on him.

That's correct, he's not unstoppable. There's a chess match going on out there between Brown and Pops trying who figure out who to double who to allow to get some open looks from the outside, etc., and it makes for some very interesting basketball.

bdubya
06-17-2005, 01:04 AM
He's like a secret weapon. Spurs need to focus on him. or might as well give up.

I got a hunch that Popovitch made sure his team knows who Detroit's sixth man is and what he can do. Not much "secret" to the weapon...although after games 1 & 2, I can understand it being overlooked.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 02:17 AM
Dice u fucker. I hope someone does voodoo on ur ass next game. Any Haitians rooting for Spurs?

T Park
06-17-2005, 02:33 AM
This series is over, and IMO, Dice should win Finals MVP.

Hes the reason they are winning and are gonna win.

kevm2
06-17-2005, 02:50 AM
I just can't understand why the helll he is constantly left WIDE OPEN to shoot a jumper OVER AND OVER. What the hell is that all about? I just can't believe how terrible our defense has been looking lately. And Pop better not pull no dumb shit like "I'm just going to let the guys figure it out. I'm not going to say anything to them." Idiot, you're the coach! Motivate the guys! MAKE SURE they are prepared to play the right way dammit.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 10:02 AM
This series is over, and IMO, Dice should win Finals MVP.

Hes the reason they are winning and are gonna win.

U've given up already????

Supergirl
06-17-2005, 10:05 AM
McDyess may continue to play well, but Hunter won't be hitting like he was hitting last night the whole series. He just got hot.

Sheed won't keep hitting open 3's (2-2 last night) and if the Spurs can keep forcing the Pistons to run the clock down to 0, the one good thing they did numerous times last night, then they'll be in business, because last night the Pistons made some lucky shots that killed the Spurs momentum when they were trying to mount a comeback.

nkdlunch
06-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Sheed won't keep hitting open 3's

yes he will. that's his bread and butter

JamStone
06-17-2005, 10:09 AM
The chance that Dice will cool off? About 50-50. He has been pretty good all season. But, there are times where he is cold from the field, but if that happens early, LB usually shortens his minutes.

Dice has that 10-12 foot baseline jumpshot down pat. The pick-n-rolls on the high elbow that opens up that shot has been killing the Spurs. But, the Spurs haven't really seen his pet move yet, when he gets it in the low block and shoots the fade away. Dice has done a couple up-and-under pumpfake moves in the post, but I haven't seen the turn around too much. I think it's because Tim Duncan is sooo tall and long, or because Dice feels he can pumpfake Nazr or Horry into easier shots than the fade away.

At any rate, if Dice should cool off, I hope that Rasheed is the reason and that Sheed is playing so well that Dice's minutes are limited.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-17-2005, 12:44 PM
The problem is no one is playing him physically.

Part of the reason I want Big Dog to get some run. When someone starts banging on him, he disappears.

combs84
06-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Dice gets the same shot every play, I am kind of weirded by how teams do not care to cover it. Its not even a hard play to cover He outs out to the perimter, sometimes sets a pick, sometimes he doesnt. Chauncey penetrates a little, steps back flips it to Dice and he drills the 12 footer.

As somebody said though, he plays a lot better at home, even if he gives us the same numbers in game 5 though, I will be happy. Game 6 the starters will step up.

samikeyp
06-17-2005, 12:49 PM
He might not be so hot if a Spurs player decided to guard him. Combs is right...teams like to leave him alone and he burns them.

dn0
06-17-2005, 12:50 PM
I think a little D on dice would help if the spurs one day remember who they are.

MadDog73
06-17-2005, 12:54 PM
U've given up already????

T-Park gave up a long time ago.

Extra Stout
06-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Part of the reason Dice is playing well is because nobody is making anything difficult for him. If a player repeatedly gets open looks, he'll get in a rhythm, and then he'll even make the contested looks.

If the Spurs wait around for the Pistons simply to stop playing so well before they make their push, probably they'll have to wait through the Pistons championship parade, the draft, the lockout, the shortened free agent period, training camp, and the 2005-06 regular season, at least.

weebo
06-17-2005, 12:56 PM
Aggie you have a good point there, maybe playing a smaller line up aganist the Pistons might open something things up offensively. How effective would of frontline of Duncan, Robinson, and Bowen be?

GrandeDavid
06-17-2005, 12:57 PM
And being a former #1 overall draft pick, I think he should knock down those open 12 footers. Bottom line is Tim or whomever needs to body his ass up. That'll cool his ass down.

pache100
06-17-2005, 01:03 PM
yes he will. that's his bread and butter

Well, 2-2 is not that great. Bruce Bowen and Brent Barry can do that in 30 seconds when they're on; heck I bet Sean Elliott could still do that. It's 100% shooting, but 2 is not a fantastic number of three pointers (from a player of Rashee'd caliber) to be bragging about.

The Mask
06-17-2005, 01:10 PM
I have not been impressed w/Nazr. Is that terrible. Spurs need another big to compliment Duncan. If you go small with Big Dog and Bowen it will not be pretty. Duncan and Nazr/Horry clearly aren't confortable having to step out on Dice.

kevm2
06-17-2005, 01:10 PM
Stop leaving mcdyess WIDE OPEN! This guy isn't going to cool off by himself. It would be foolish to expect that. So GET YOUR ASS ON HIM! Respect his game.

SoundTheToll
06-17-2005, 01:11 PM
People talk alot about Tayshaun being the Pistons most consistent player. I've watched every minute of Pistons basketball in the last 4 years. Dice is the most consistent player in that time. And when there is the rare occasion where his shot isn't falling, his defense is always stellar.

I'm worried that Hunter will forget that he's on the floor for defense and decides to start jacking up shots. That would be the death of the Pistons.

As for Rasheed. I'll take 2-2 over 3-7 any day of the week. The Pistons don't use the three. Chauncey can drill it when open, and Rasheed can hit the straight away three when he steps into it. Rip and Tay are inconsistent outside; their game is midrange. You guys are used to seeing alot of 3s go up, so 2-2 doesn't impress you. Believe me, 2-2 for Sheed is huge. It gets him in the game and makes him WANT TO SHOOT. That's half the battle with Rasheed; he gives up the ball too much.

HULKAROCK
06-17-2005, 01:11 PM
Dice has ben solid all year. He's a great pick up off the bench. He gets over looked because he doesn't usually play more than 10-15 minutes. He had 19 min last night.

The Mask
06-17-2005, 01:16 PM
People talk alot about Tayshaun being the Pistons most consistent player. I've watched every minute of Pistons basketball in the last 4 years. Dice is the most consistent player in that time. And when there is the rare occasion where his shot isn't falling, his defense is always stellar.

I'm worried that Hunter will forget that he's on the floor for defense and decides to start jacking up shots. That would be the death of the Pistons.

As for Rasheed. I'll take 2-2 over 3-7 any day of the week. The Pistons don't use the three. Chauncey can drill it when open, and Rasheed can hit the straight away three when he steps into it. Rip and Tay are inconsistent outside; their game is midrange. You guys are used to seeing alot of 3s go up, so 2-2 doesn't impress you. Believe me, 2-2 for Sheed is huge. It gets him in the game and makes him WANT TO SHOOT. That's half the battle with Rasheed; he gives up the ball too much.

This is Dice's first year with Detroit. Before that he was always consistantly hurt. :smokin :rolleyes

SoundTheToll
06-17-2005, 01:18 PM
I meant, of all the players I've watched, Dice has been the most consistent in his time as a Piston. I didn't say that he's been consistent for 4 year. I would think that someone should be able to understand what I meant.

SpursWoman
06-17-2005, 01:19 PM
I am soooo glad to see Dice gettin some love. He is underated IMO. That little 12 foot fade-away J is money. Been hittin' it all year. I think he shot a little over 50% in the regular season...and most of those shots were similiar jumpers.

Dice wasn't getting much love at MY house last night. Bastard. :flipoff :)

The Mask
06-17-2005, 01:22 PM
I meant, of all the players I've watched, Dice has been the most consistent in his time as a Piston. I didn't say that he's been consistent for 4 year. I would think that someone should be able to understand what I meant.

Like I said- he has only been a Piston for one year. Your comparing him to the rest of the team over a four year period? What do you base consitancy on? 9 points a game?

geerussell
06-17-2005, 01:26 PM
McDyess was very consistent in the regular season. He fell off in the playoffs, had some bad games, tended to disappear on the road... until this series.

After three consecutive good games against the spurs, one of them on the road (15-7, 12-9, 13-7) it's fair to say he's back in form.

MainEvent
06-17-2005, 01:44 PM
I said McDyess knocking down shots (or as was the case then, not knocking down shots) was a big key after game 1, but I don't think anybody took that comment serously. That 12-15 footer is his bread and butter shot, especially the baseline turnaround. He's been especially good the last two games. But I've been even more impressed with his defense.