PDA

View Full Version : Big Man Draft Wishlist For Spurs (Wishful Thinking)

Thomas82
12-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I am already well aware that the Spurs won't be in a position to draft either one of these players listed below, but it's nice to dream. I really wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs make an Atlanta Falcon-type trade to get one of these big men. For those who don't remember, in this past NFL draft, the Falcons gave up an awful lot to the Cleveland Browns to move up from the 27th pick up to the 6th pick to draft Julio Jones. Anyway, I know it easier said than done, but here are the big men who I would love to see the Spurs get:

1. Anthony Davis 6-10 220lbs. Kentucky (projected #1 pick)
2. Andre Drummond 6-11 275lbs. UConn
3. Perry Jones 6-11 220lbs. Baylor

If we can't/won't move up to get him, I hope we can get Lucas Nogueira, who is 7-0 200lbs.(really needs to hit the weight room). I'll be happy with getting either one of these, as long as we don't draft another PG, SG, or SF.

jeebus
12-26-2011, 04:20 PM
7' 200lbs? Is he on the North Korean diet?

Thomas82
12-26-2011, 04:52 PM
7' 200lbs? Is he on the North Korean diet?

That cat is bony as hell.....kinda like Ralph Sampson when he was younger.

Bruno
12-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Rudy Gobert.

cd98
12-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Not far fetched that we get one of these guys if the season goes south.

SenorSpur
12-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Festus Ezeli - Center
College: Vanderbilt
Stats: 7'0" - 265
Good rebounder & shotblocker
Emerging low post offensive game
Still somewhat raw

ChuckD
12-26-2011, 05:44 PM
I am already well aware that the Spurs won't be in a position to draft either one of these players listed below, but it's nice to dream. I really wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs make an Atlanta Falcon-type trade to get one of these big men. For those who don't remember, in this past NFL draft, the Falcons gave up an awful lot to the Cleveland Browns to move up from the 27th pick up to the 6th pick to draft Julio Jones. Anyway, I know it easier said than done, but here are the big men who I would love to see the Spurs get:

1. Anthony Davis 6-10 220lbs. Kentucky (projected #1 pick)
2. Andre Drummond 6-11 275lbs. UConn
3. Perry Jones 6-11 220lbs. Baylor

If we can't/won't move up to get him, I hope we can get Lucas Nogueira, who is 7-0 200lbs.(really needs to hit the weight room). I'll be happy with getting either one of these, as long as we don't draft another PG, SG, or SF.

You draft the best player available. If, on a 100 scale, there is a big who is an 80 and a wing who is an 85, you draft the wing. Non-franchise bigs are usually interchangeable and acquireable.

Drummond has outstanding potential to be the next Eddy Curry. There are already grumblings about his work ethic and attitude. If you don't have it, you don't usually acquire it later.

Thomas82
12-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Festus Ezeli - Center
College: Vanderbilt
Stats: 7'0" - 265
Good rebounder & shotblocker
Emerging low post offensive game
Still somewhat raw

Sounds like another decent option.

baseline bum
12-26-2011, 07:34 PM
You draft the best player available. If, on a 100 scale, there is a big who is an 80 and a wing who is an 85, you draft the wing. Non-franchise bigs are usually interchangeable and acquireable.

Drummond has outstanding potential to be the next Eddy Curry. There are already grumblings about his work ethic and attitude. If you don't have it, you don't usually acquire it later.

Drummond has been pretty up-and-down, but the Eddy Curry comparison is too far IMO. He could end up an Olowokandi-level bust, though he's quite a bit more athletic and he's a really good passer. But Curry? That guy ate himself out of the league.

Big Empty
12-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Mike Holita - foward
College: Univercity De Malzeta, Mexico
Stats: 7'1 - 245, 44 in vertical
Shot Blocker and 3 points shooter
18 year old but can shoot and play D

SenorSpur
12-26-2011, 08:06 PM
While nothing is definite and considering things could always change, from the early mock drafts, there doesn't seem to be many teams focusing on bigs (and there aren't many to choose from). The good news is that this is a deep draft and perhaps a good big could fall into the Spurs laps.