PDA

View Full Version : Blair started?

Basketball Power
12-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Our staring C is smaller then many guards and had 1 rebound

And our backup C is legit 7ft with 8 rebounds, what's the logic here?

Hooks
12-26-2011, 11:15 PM
The bigger question is why the fuck is bonner on this team guys were scoring on him at will tonight. At least we saw tiago and td they shut down the paint, very impressive defense.

DAF86
12-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Avoiding the Bonner/Blair front court.

Either way, Duncan is our center.

Bill_Brasky
12-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Tiago covered for Bonner on D so fucking much.

ChumpDumper
12-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Tiago covered for Bonner on D so fucking much.Logic!

Robz4000
12-26-2011, 11:20 PM
At least this way there is less chance of a Bonner/Blair front court. Blair also wasn't all that bad tonight, he just got in foul trouble early like Tim. As long as he plays hard and hustles (and doesn't gain a crapton of weight), him starting will be fine.

Josepatches_
12-26-2011, 11:26 PM
The good news is that we have 2 good bigs and it seems we are going to play them.Not like we did last season.

I don't care if Blair starts if Tiago/TD play at the end of the games

Bill_Brasky
12-26-2011, 11:28 PM
We need another big man if we are to truly compete.

therealtruth
12-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Another big would be nice but I like what I see from the Tiago and Tim together. Randolph/Gasol were basically shut down. If we could have done that last year with no Rudy Gay we easily beat the Grizzlies.

YODA
12-26-2011, 11:39 PM
We need another big man if we are to truly compete.

I think we all know that, but I dont think many saw him only getting 10 min in this game. Splitter did a good job on the D end. IF anyone noticed, there was times we had Timmy and Splitter out there. Just looked wierd.

Looks like Pop didnt dont care to use blair versus this team. Im curious to see if Pop will keep the same kind of minutes in the future.

On another note, Bonners -0- boards in 28 mins is devestating. add in blairs -1- board and we have a combined 38 min for 1 board and 9 points. Scary.

Bill_Brasky
12-26-2011, 11:42 PM
I think we all know that, but I dont think many saw him only getting 10 min in this game. Splitter did a good job on the D end. IF anyone noticed, there was times we had Timmy and Splitter out there. Just looked wierd.

Looks like Pop didnt dont care to use blair versus this team. Im curious to see if Pop will keep the same kind of minutes in the future.

On another note, Bonners -0- boards in 28 mins is devestating. add in blairs -1- board and we have a combined 38 min for 1 board and 9 points. Scary.

Blair being in early foul trouble had a lot to do with his limited minutes.

Tim/Tiago defensively looked great. Would love to see that lineup in the playoffs, esp. if they get some chemistry going.

Dunc n Dave
12-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Avoiding the Bonner/Blair front court.

Either way, Duncan is our center.

was good to see that combo used SPARINGLY tonight.

Dunc n Dave
12-27-2011, 02:05 AM
Another big would be nice but I like what I see from the Tiago and Tim together. Randolph/Gasol were basically shut down. If we could have done that last year with no Rudy Gay we easily beat the Grizzlies.

no gay forced the griz to go inside more in PO's. Tonight having Gay take all teh shots worked in the spurs favor.

Sean Cagney
12-27-2011, 02:12 AM
The bigger question is why the fuck is bonner on this team guys were scoring on him at will tonight. .

I wish I knew this for years on end now? He has to have something over Pop, some kind of spell or some kind of pics etc.? Either or I have no damn clue at all.

Xevious
12-27-2011, 02:12 AM
Our staring C is smaller then many guards and had 1 rebound

And our backup C is legit 7ft with 8 rebounds, what's the logic here?
Our starting C is 6'11".

As others have already said, starting Blair means less of the Blair/Bonner combo on the floor. Unless they are able to get a fifth big, there aren't a whole lot of options right now.