PDA

View Full Version : What I want to see going forward...

Werdsniper2
12-26-2011, 11:28 PM
Starting:

PG: Tony Parker
SG: Manu Ginobili
SF. R. Jefferson
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Tiago Splitter

Starting 5 gives us the twin towers defensive combo with TD and Splitter with Tony and Manu piling on the majority of the points. RJ with the occasional corner 3.

Bench:

PG: T.J. Ford
SG: Gary Neal/J. Anderson (When Neal comes back)
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Bonner/Blair
C: Blair

TJ gives us a decent facilitator with an outstanding shooter (Neal) and decent shooter (Anderson) on the outside, with a plus defender and rebounder in Leonard to keep things honest. Bonner is more a situational player to me, but regardless, he stretches the floor with his 3's. Assuming Blair plays to his fullest ability, we get some toughness around the basket.

Obviously, you mix and match accordingly. Generally, however, this should be the depth chart in my opinion.

Minutes:

Starting:

PG: Parker 28:00
SG: Manu 30:00
SF: R.Jeff 20:00
PF: Duncan 26:00
C: Splitter 28:00

Bench:

PG: Ford 10:00/Neal 10:00
SG: Neal 10:00/Anderson 8:00
SF: Leonard 18:00/Anderson 10:00
PF: Bonner 12:00/Blair 10:00
C: Blair 18:00

Probably a little too much Blair. But I can't think of any other solution right now.

+/- whatever you like.

Thoughts?

ChumpDumper
12-26-2011, 11:32 PM
The Blair/Blair frontcourt off the bench is intriguing.

HarlemHeat37
12-26-2011, 11:35 PM
I'd keep Splitter on the bench, but have him play more minutes than Blair..

Ford shouldn't be in the rotation, from a long-term perspective..

Anderson should get more minutes than Jefferson/Leonard by the playoffs IMO, but all 3 should get minutes by committee, depending on specific scenarios..

Werdsniper2
12-26-2011, 11:35 PM
The Blair/Blair frontcourt off the bench is intriguing.

Haha. That was in fact intentional.

Assuming the 6th man role, Blair splits time at PF and C.

After all, he is what....6'7?

Bill_Brasky
12-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I'd keep Splitter on the bench, but have him play more minutes than Blair..

Ford shouldn't be in the rotation, from a long-term perspective..

Anderson should get more minutes than Jefferson/Leonard by the playoffs IMO, but all 3 should get minutes by committee, depending on specific scenarios..

I'm still undecided on Ford, but think that CJ should AT LEAST get a few minutes to prove he's worthy....I liked what I saw in preseason...

jestersmash
12-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I did not see a single play this game that would lead me to call T.J. a "decent facilitator."

therealtruth
12-27-2011, 12:19 AM
I did not see a single play this game that would lead me to call T.J. a "decent facilitator."

He made a pretty good play on a fastbreak where Manu passed him the ball and instead of shooting it passed of it to James Anderson for a layup.

Werdsniper2
12-27-2011, 12:21 AM
He made a pretty good play on a fastbreak where Manu passed him the ball and instead of shooting it passed of it to James Anderson for a layup.

Thats exactly what I am thinking. Historically he has been known to be a ball hog, but I thought he shared the ball some more today than usual. Adapting to Spurs ball, maybe,