PDA

View Full Version : No penalty for Garnett after throat-grab

Cry Havoc
12-27-2011, 01:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7390848/source-no-penalty-boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-bill-walker-incident

Boston Celtics big man Kevin Garnett won't be penalized by the NBA for his postgame incident Sunday with New York Knicks guard Bill Walker, a league source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein on Monday.

Garnett had his hand around Walker's throat after the Celtics' forward missed a potential game-tying shot at the buzzer. The two had to be separated by coaches and players at the end of the Knicks' 106-104 win over the Celtics.

"Heat of the moment," Walker said on Monday. "I just went and contested the shot. We got wrapped up, tangled up and, you know, the rest happened."

Walker and Garnett got into it after Walker contested Garnett's jumper from the right wing at the buzzer. After Garnett's shot caromed off the rim, Walker appeared to step toward Garnett and say something to him.

"I can't get into that," Walker said when asked what was said between he and Garnett. "We were in the heat of the game. It was a tough game throughout, it was a dog fight. Nobody wanted to lose. It just came to a head right there and it's over."

As Walker was leaving Madison Square Garden following the game, he saw Garnett heading toward the Celtics' bus.

He approached Garnett to say that he had no hard feelings.

"We shook hands, I talked to him ... I chopped it up with him. I still respect those guys," said Walker, who played a little over one season with Garnett in Boston.

Walker later added, "I have a respect for KG."

------

Seriously?

LkrFan
12-27-2011, 02:59 AM
But Bynum gets 4 games! :rolleyes

Xevious
12-27-2011, 03:02 AM
The league can't pass out punishment every time Garnett acts like a little bitch. It is just to be expected.

DJ Mbenga
12-27-2011, 03:07 AM
The league can't pass out punishment every time Garnett acts like a little bitch. It is just to be expected.

the players have to police it themselves. like anthony peeler. dont know why this is the only video with the interesting choice of music

HtmGB3FgB1c

pass1st
12-27-2011, 03:39 AM
But Bynum gets 4 games! :rolleyes

Bynum could have killed that midget, tbf.

Spur_Fanatic
12-27-2011, 03:40 AM
He should be suspended a few games...

Obstructed_View
12-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Does Kevin Garnett ever get punished for his fake toughman routine? It's not like he has the capability of actually hurting anyone.

LkrFan
12-27-2011, 07:58 AM
I bet he wanted to choke Pau after this shit right here:

6ai6UCWq0mU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

:downspin:

jag
12-27-2011, 08:46 AM
hCqefcY7lpI

There isn't a player in the NBA I dislike more than KG. And that's saying a lot for a player that's never handed the Spurs a tough/meaningful loss. He should have been forced to stay in Minny for his entire career.

I'll never forget his championship postgame celebration, and him acting like he was raised in a cardboard box in the middle of Harlem.

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Imnot saying he should be suspended but are you telling me that Amare standing up off the bench and taking a few steps ...is worse than KG taking his hands to someone's neck?

So stern is OK with influencing the NBA playoffs by suspending someone(s) who doesnt even take a swing, but someone that makes contact is let off scott free? Especially a repeat offender like KG vs. Amare who is more the gentle giant type?

Stern has been so wildly inconistent the past 6 yearshe went from the best comissioner to arguably the worst. Artest, O'neal and SJAX made Stern lose his grasp on reality.

BlackSwordsMan
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
no harm no foul

Nathan89
12-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Imnot saying he should be suspended but are you telling me that Amare standing up off the bench and taking a few steps ...is worse than KG taking his hands to someone's neck?

So stern is OK with influencing the NBA playoffs by suspending someone(s) who doesnt even take a swing, but someone that makes contact is let off scott free? Especially a repeat offender like KG vs. Amare who is more the gentle giant type?

Stern has been so wildly inconistent the past 6 yearshe went from the best comissioner to arguably the worst. Artest, O'neal and SJAX made Stern lose his grasp on reality.

It had the potential to be very bad. If a fight breaks out the league doesn't need more players joining and escalating the situation. The suspension on Amare sets a precedent on how serious the league is about bench players going on the court. So IMHO Amare needed to be suspended and KG's suspension is much more debatable.

InRareForm
12-27-2011, 12:13 PM
KG just studio thuggin it

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 12:14 PM
It had the potential to be very bad. If a fight breaks out the league doesn't need more players joining and escalating the situation. The suspension on Amare sets a precedent on how serious the league is about bench players going on the court. So IMHO Amare needed to be suspended and KG's suspension is much more debatable.

The shit bag got up and entered the court in that same series and nary a thing happened to him.

Killakobe81
12-27-2011, 12:14 PM

I get the part about preventing another brawl. But part of that rule he enforced spoke to "intent" which is subjective. Because duncan got up after a hard foul but it was ruled it was not and altercation and Duncan had no "intent" (not a suns fan, so dont remember all the details) ...but point is KG's intent was obvious ...if amare deserved suspension KG should get something for that is all I am saying ...

Nathan89
12-27-2011, 12:25 PM
The shit bag got up and entered the court in that same series and nary a thing happened to him.

TD wouldn't harm a fly and we all know that. No need to suspend him.

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 12:26 PM

Just checkin' assholes, Nate.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-27-2011, 12:30 PM
:lmao what a retarded argument

Duncan = class, so it's OK if he violates the same rule Amare violated!

Giuseppe
12-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Me & DoK, Shoulder-to-Shoulder.

Nathan89
12-27-2011, 12:34 PM
I get the part about preventing another brawl. But part of that rule he enforced spoke to "intent" which is subjective. Because duncan got up after a hard foul but it was ruled it was not and altercation and Duncan had no "intent" (not a suns fan, so dont remember all the details) ...but point is KG's intent was obvious ...if amare deserved suspension KG should get something for that is all I am saying ...

I should also add to me it looks like KG was pushing him away and not grabbing the throat.

NXSfZnoXBx8

naico
12-27-2011, 01:49 PM
Anybody else noticed how KG was shut up by Baron Davis? Priceless. As the only knick and with several Celtics around him..Bet they were thinkin crips and bloods are just a phone call away lol

ChuckD
12-27-2011, 04:10 PM
KG just studio thuggin it

This. There has maybe NEVER been a more non-gangsta gangsta in the history of the NBA. How fake are you when Bonner gets into your shit without any comeback?

I'm sure that the NBA didn't suspend him because their East coast flagship franchise is already down one of their big three in PP. In a short season, you can't put one of the favored teams into a hole like that.

Gutter92
12-27-2011, 04:13 PM

Except it wasn't an altercation, you mongoloid

:lmao