PDA

View Full Version : Farm Subsidies Are on the Chopping Block

boutons_deux
12-27-2011, 10:31 AM
And it's just not corn ethanol

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2011/06/02/Farm-Subsidies-Are-on-the-Chopping-Block.aspx#page1

We'll see if BigFarma and BigOil can kill this cutting.

RandomGuy
12-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Moreover, six liberal-to-conservative Washington think tanks that prepared major deficit-reduction plans with grants from the Peter G. Peterson Foundation all proposed abolishing or greatly reducing farm subsidies and ethanol credits. (Pete Peterson is a principal backer of The Fiscal Times.) In short, it looks as though there is no way farm subsidies can avoid the budget chopping block this year.

One can only hope.

Not that I think the assholes in Congress are going to get over their perennial bowing and scraping and extorting for campaign cash to do what everybody agrees must be done.

grrrr.

This may be the year my optimism dies. I HATE giving in to cynicism.

Winehole23
12-27-2011, 01:33 PM
This may be the year my optimism dies. I HATE giving in to cynicism......but not foreshadowing having to do so later, apparently. :lol:toast

Wild Cobra
12-28-2011, 04:05 AM
kEogJacjLTE

boutons_deux
12-28-2011, 06:12 AM
do what everybody agrees must be done.

The only "everybody" that counts, that get want it wants here is the BigAg/BigFarma/BigOil that benefit from the farm subsidies, and soy diesel/corn ethanol scams, two scams started by the Repugs to enrich their patrons. That these subsidies to corporate America would impoverish, starve, enslave subsistence farmers and poor countries wasn't in their calculation$.

You don't STILL think Congress will do what's best, greatest good for the greatest number, for Human-Americans, the country, the planet, do you?